Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I decided to make a thread for this game because people have been discussing it in a couple other threads anyways.

Plutonis posted:

I'm stuck on the loving science mission on isla sorna because those fuckers keep breaking out and getting uncomfortable...

Highlight a dino and bring up the comfort chart to see what aspect is pissing them off. Stuff like terrain, other dinos, not enough of the same species etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh4zvQfDhi0

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh4zvQfDhi0&t=191s@3:11

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Highlight a dino and bring up the comfort chart to see what aspect is pissing them off. Stuff like terrain, other dinos, not enough of the same species etc

The problem is that the freaking mission wants me to put them all at the same place (which includes a carnivore) so the micro is getting me insane

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Plutonis posted:

The problem is that the freaking mission wants me to put them all at the same place (which includes a carnivore) so the micro is getting me insane

Oh lol jeez. I haven’t played that one yet, I’m trying to do the islands in order

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

This game kicks rear end

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

This series, technically speaking, counts as cyberpunk.

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
do the dinosaurs gently caress, op

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
game is grindy af. gotta send out a few hundred expeditions to get enough freaking dino dna!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Darkman Fanpage posted:

game is grindy af. gotta send out a few hundred expeditions to get enough freaking dino dna!

The mission where I had to get 100% apatosaurus dna pissed me the gently caress off

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i try and get 100% for all dinosaurs because it allows you to fully modify their dna. it takes forever but it also brings in lots of sellable stuff along with the fossils so at least you're not just wasting money doing it.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Heads up, I got the mission to have a velociraptor and ankylosaurus and a third one because I thought you just had to have the specific type of dinos for the mission but what I didn’t know was that the first one you spawn is the mission-required one so, when my first velociraptor died of old age before I finished the ankylosaurus area, it failed the mission... that sucks lol. Anyways time to play this for another six straight hours

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Oh you can just restart a mission from the little park rating menu. Phew

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

lmfao

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Oh you can just restart a mission from the little park rating menu. Phew

took me a while to figure that out. having a lot of fun with this game buildin little dinosaurs and enclosures. i wish there were more cosmetic modifications, for plantlife and the park itself.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

There’s two types of dino tycoons. The kind that lets dino’s run amok and free, and the kind that maximizes profit, at the dino’s expense.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

yeah this game needs smaller service buildings like food stands or drink vending machines and other little crap you can place around. at least if you use the extra wide paths it puts flags and garbage bins

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

There’s two types of dino tycoons. The kind that lets dino’s run amok and free, and the kind that maximizes profit, at the dino’s expense.

starting to think the only good one is where the dinos run free...

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Bolverkur posted:

took me a while to figure that out. having a lot of fun with this game buildin little dinosaurs and enclosures. i wish there were more cosmetic modifications, for plantlife and the park itself.

HORMELCHILI posted:

yeah this game needs smaller service buildings like food stands or drink vending machines and other little crap you can place around. at least if you use the extra wide paths it puts flags and garbage bins

I have a feeling these’ll be added at some point. I want a very fern-filled biome

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

WTF, you can't even have a JP style jungle environment??

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I have a feeling these’ll be added at some point. I want a very fern-filled biome

Me too but you better have a ranger station close by because the dinosaurs will probably get bracken poisoning every 20 seconds.
Also the terrain seems tied to the island i.e. each has a slightly different "biome", so it would be cool if you could choose what kind of biome vegetation you want to put down in the sandbox park

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wormskull posted:

WTF, you can't even have a JP style jungle environment??

You can you just cant choose exactly what tree or bush to place down, its more like placing trees in Sim City or something

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

Me too but you better have a ranger station close by because the dinosaurs will probably get bracken poisoning every 20 seconds.
Also the terrain seems tied to the island i.e. each has a slightly different "biome", so it would be cool if you could choose what kind of biome vegetation you want to put down in the sandbox park

I hope there’s a North American coniferous style forest one.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjD1sk2s9bk

This kind of environment

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Dinos are loving cool

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

How much of the game can you just chill and run a park rather than do objectives? Is there a lot of micromanaging?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

HORMELCHILI fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 20, 2018

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Badass park

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

turning a commute into a dino viewing ride is fuckin awesome

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Every screenshot of this game looks exactly the same to me.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

well those are all 1 raptor enlosure

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

raptor in a different park

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
raptors are stupid assholes who wont stop breaking out.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lumpy, I saw on your stream that all the prompts were controller buttons, how’s the game play on controller? I really want to check this out but I’ll probably end up getting it on Xbox if the controller works well, I don’t think my PC would run it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I just finished all missions and bred a big rear end fuckerlord Indominus :cheers:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Lumpy, I saw on your stream that all the prompts were controller buttons, how’s the game play on controller? I really want to check this out but I’ll probably end up getting it on Xbox if the controller works well, I don’t think my PC would run it.

It seems to work just fine all around, but micro can be a pain on the dick since there’s no minimap to just instantly click and go somewhere. Is there one in the PC version?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It seems to work just fine all around, but micro can be a pain on the dick since there’s no minimap to just instantly click and go somewhere. Is there one in the PC version?

Nope lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Oh.... LOL well then it's probably the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

• Locked thread