Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Congratulations on the new house. By the way for probably five years after I bought my house I had dreams of discovering new hidden parts of my house. Like "holy poo poo, there's an entire room I just found by accident, I'm gonna make it an arcade room" and that was another aggravating dream to wake up from. You can count on having a LOT of dreams about finding new rooms and even floors in your house for years to come.

It probably has something to do with paranoia that the new house isn't big enough even if it is. And of course we just mix video games in with it sometimes lol

Thank you! Yeah it's not the first dream I've had about finding hidden rooms and poo poo. And I plan on setting up the basement as a music/gaming den so that probably factors into it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

I'd say this is a secret gaming demon because it's embarrassing enough I'd never tell anyone irl about it plus it's sort of a nightmare so that counts as a demon

I regularly (as in, at least twice a month) have a dream where I find some rundown store in some shithole part of the country and because it's in a pretty unpopular area filled with old people, they still have brand new copies of old games. Like in the dream I go into the video game section of the store and yeah they have ps4 stuff but under tons of dust they still have sealed nes games and snes consoles. I always climb up one of the shelves and there's an entire box of brand new snes consoles never opened. Oh and the prices are like $2 because they've been sitting there for years and no one buys them

I always get in a bad mood from it when I wake up and for a few hours I have a deep seething desire to buy a sealed nes game or new in the box Game Boy red play it now colored system on ebay.

Your secret gaming demon is that you use Microsoft Edge lol

ive had this dream once or twice, or finding a book store with a million old D&D book lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

need a gamer's Supermarket Sweep

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I still have dreams about my old game collection.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

need a gamer's Supermarket Sweep

Nickelodeon Super Toy Run was sort of this

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i regularly dream about japanese game centers

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i filled an entire cart at toys r us with clearance skylanders, came home, unpackaged them all, and then played skylanders for an hour and put them away

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
stores in your dreams are so epic, such a bummer to wake up from. my last one i found an enormous black art book fillied with yoshitake amano-ish ink drawings of nudes that i was clutching throughout the dream cuz i needed it so bad. rip

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

my entire coffee table was covered with skylanders, it was fun

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

elf help book posted:

i filled an entire cart at toys r us with clearance skylanders, came home, unpackaged them all, and then played skylanders for an hour and put them away

i had a similar story, which is that i found a whole box of booster packs for an anime CCG at electronics boutique once, and was insanely excited to get home and open them, picturing being able to make epic magic the gathering style decks, but there were no instructions and it was before one could easily just find instructions for any game online, plus i didn't recognize any of the anime.

that box would probably be worth a lot of money if i'd held onto it without opening, though...

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

i had a similar story, which is that i found a whole box of booster packs for an anime CCG at electronics boutique once, and was insanely excited to get home and open them, picturing being able to make epic magic the gather decks, but there were no instructions and it was before one could easily just find instructions for any game online, plus i didn't recognize any of the anime.

that box would probably be worth a lot of money if i'd held onto it without opening, though...

my story is from last december tho

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

HolePisser1982 posted:

stores in your dreams are so epic, such a bummer to wake up from. my last one i found an enormous black art book fillied with yoshitake amano-ish ink drawings of nudes that i was clutching throughout the dream cuz i needed it so bad. rip

when u see those nudes

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Nickelodeon Super Toy Run was sort of this

This is a secret gaming demon of my friend but when we were in the second grade he opened up a box of Ellio's frozen pizza and actually had a winning box for a nickelodeon super toy run. His mom filled out the box cut out and mailed it off and they never heard anything about it again

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

when u see those nudes

haha the healthy pair of C’s has followed me from dream to dream my entire life. i can never truly escape

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My dreams are always about my machine at work breaking down and me ending up naked.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I haven’t had a gaming dream I can remember in a long time. :sigh:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I flat out haven't remembered a dream in like 15 years.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Wormskull posted:

I haven’t had a gaming dream I can remember in a long time. :sigh:

condolences

the week after bloodborne came out i had a bunch of em where i was just dash-dodging between people down a dark street

edit: i still forget most of my dreams tho

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I had a dream a few weeks ago where I discovered another basement under my basement (just bought a house a few months ago) that showed a serial killer used to live there and there was like dental torture equipment and other hosed up stuff, but also a room full of CIB retro games and consoles and also a Neo Geo cabinet.

Lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i have also had the shop dream

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think I've had a Zeldathon dream lol. But it's hard to be sure.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

drat you guys have cool dreams. I just dream about smoking cigarettes

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the time i canceled a recurring payment in a vivid dream and then had to try to talk around it months later when i was trying to get my money back

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

the time i canceled a recurring payment in a vivid dream and then had to try to talk around it months later when i was trying to get my money back

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lol

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

HolePisser1982 posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I had a dream a couple years ago that I was like an hour late for work so I woke up and got dressed and rode over there as fast as possible and when I got there all sweaty and freaked out I looked at a clock and I was 3 hours early.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Plutonis posted:

I got really into rap music only after Madworld for the Wii

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

HolePisser1982 posted:

haha the healthy pair of C’s has followed me from dream to dream my entire life. i can never truly escape

i just realized it was an Amano book (I never knew his first name) and that's even more hilarious. i thought it was an actual guy who was known for drawing stuff like that or something lol

maybe he has a Patreon :raise:

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jun 18, 2018

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lol

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
My friends and I rented a game from blockbuster called Lowriders for the ps2 and we hated it so much we rubbed sandpaper on the disc

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Astral projecting into Babbages

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
The clerk at funcoland said “this will make your grandson gay” and recommended Warzone2140 instead when I asked for unjammer Lammy as a kid

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Xbox Ambassador posted:

The clerk at funcoland said “this will make your grandson gay” and recommended Warzone2140 instead when I asked for unjammer Lammy as a kid

What in the world.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Xbox Ambassador posted:

and how is your grandson

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

[Tearfully holding a copy of Um Jammer Lammy over an open casket] I love my dead gay grandson

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
This is the game he recommended instead

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
That's actually the first game I ever played online. You had to register an account at mplayer.com

Speaking of which: I had an internet girlfriend when I was 12 that I met on mplayer.com