Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

They were able to make a deal with TNA, ROH they might be able to if they wanted but it's much less likely they want to

It's definitely a "they don't want to" thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Just got back from the arena. PPV was good. Could have done with a couple less matches, but I had a ton of fun. Dare I say... more fun than Takeover with the two ladder matches.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just a reminder, Matt's entire pitch to various promotions was,"My brother and I show up, win your titles and then leave" and everybody agreed to it, and it culminated in them going to WWE and winning the titles there too!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It was a good pitch

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

HAHAHAHA Vince's reaction to Broken Matt

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
this rules so hard

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

God I forgot all about Matt doing the cartoon sneakaway while Bray was rushing about the graveyard :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I thought Jeff was arrested before Ultimate Deletion aired (but after it was shot)?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

aw man :smith:

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

drat, I was wondering if they'd talk about the DUI.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

once an addict, always an addict and all that, but it's nice to see him handling the situation productively and positively

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Mild angry question marks over my head at "I wonder if drinking and driving is just what Jeff does to get his mind in check"

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Of course it is, addicts very rarely stay sober. I hope he can get his demons in check. Although he’s been given a lot of chances, he should be very thankful.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This doco was really loving good

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

This doco was really loving good

Yeah. I can't believe how brutally honest and real it was.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Ah I'll have to go back and check out the doc then, I only tuned in for a bit at the start. I should have known that the really good stuff would be about their drug issues, though I didn't expect stuff like Victory Road to actually be explored.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
I'm growing less positive on the Hardys 24 as I get further from it. Dude has distribition amounts of painkillers and steroids, keeps working and gets a whopping 10 days in jail and then trashes a car in a DUI with no stated penalty and he has a free new shoulder. That's basically the most priveledged drug story you'll ever hear. Other dude gets by solely on the strength of his wife despite their many serious issues that are glossed over.

Like it's still honest, but it's only answering what you want a happy ending to.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

CapnAndy posted:

Matt was on bath salts :stare:

What WWE talent restorted to after Marijuana was banned/further banned under the wellness policy.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Psychepath posted:

I'm growing less positive on the Hardys 24 as I get further from it. Dude has distribition amounts of painkillers and steroids, keeps working and gets a whopping 10 days in jail and then trashes a car in a DUI with no stated penalty and he has a free new shoulder. That's basically the most priveledged drug story you'll ever hear. Other dude gets by solely on the strength of his wife despite their many serious issues that are glossed over.

Like it's still honest, but it's only answering what you want a happy ending to.

Okay, while I understand what you're saying, this bothers me because addiction is horrible whoever you are, and this reeks of you saying that because Jeff is rich and white and having a bumpier road he doesn't deserve the redemption. I'd agree with you if I had heard any stories of the people closer to him feeling like he's not genuine. Is Matt doing a better job? Yes. Does Jeff deserve to go to the Hague? No.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Okay, while I understand what you're saying, this bothers me because addiction is horrible whoever you are, and this reeks of you saying that because Jeff is rich and white and having a bumpier road he doesn't deserve the redemption. I'd agree with you if I had heard any stories of the people closer to him feeling like he's not genuine. Is Matt doing a better job? Yes. Does Jeff deserve to go to the Hague? No.

Nah gently caress that bullshit. Jeff's decisions put other people at risk and he absolutely does get away with it because he's rich and white.

Moreover, there are god knows how many people with at best a minor fraction of the resources and support Jeff has at his disposal who still don't make the decisions he does. Jeff doesn't have a loving excuse.

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jun 18, 2018

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah, it's not that he doesn't deserve the redemption because he had a bumpier road, it's that he doesn't deserve the redemption because he squanders it every. single. time. He doesn't learn from his mistakes. Would people be defending him if it was a head-on collision with someone else instead of a guardrail?

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I didn't get to post this live since I didn't catch the PPV until late, but...

Bobby Lashley reminds me of those old fashioned claymation Christmas cartoons. There's about three seconds in that match where I swear I'm watching the Abominable Snowman.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

You know what, I can 100% see exactly what you mean and it's kinda uncanny

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Without spoiling the results was this worth watching?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Namtab posted:

Best main roster PPV since the Rumble.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

He got off with 10 days of jail and a fine. If he was black and not rich he’d probably be in there for the rest of his life. I hope he’s getting a handle on his demons but he’s been given a lot of chances and I hope he’s very grateful.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Namtab posted:

Skip the Sami/lashley match and yeah.

Jinder/Reigns is worth it to watch Dunn try to avoid filming the crowd in full revolt.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Invalid Validation posted:

He got off with 10 days of jail and a fine. If he was black and not rich he’d probably be in there for the rest of his life. I hope he’s getting a handle on his demons but he’s been given a lot of chances and I hope he’s very grateful.

I agree, I guess my only point is I'm wary of judging people in recovery the more time I've spent advocating for them, you know? gently caress the "justice system" though (which is the real root of the disparity, let's be honest).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Sami deserves better

• Locked thread