Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

I love that they have to poo poo on punk for no reason.

I mean even though that's very clearly why Booker did it, in theory what Booker said makes sense in the context of the build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That match was really good until the finish. I'm generally digging the PPV so far.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dango Bango posted:

How? :psyduck: Nothing of consequence has happened, it's been mostly commercials, and two of the three matches had dumbass finishes.

I liked the opener in both action and finish and liked the last match until the finish. Two out of three ain't bad.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, this show ain't blowing me away but it's been okay outside of the usual WWE nonsense. The Sami/Lashley match was loving awful though.

Pretty much. And I genuinely believe that there's good stuff still to come, potentially anyway.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

Especially Jinder vs Roman!!!

YEAH!!!!

(I am genuinely morbidly curious about it TBH.)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Baron Corbin posted:

i hope Naomi and Alexa Bliss both get the briefcase at the same time and then kiss each other

:frogon:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have to say, the diversity of looks and even dare I say it characters and styles in this match makes me happy given that it's a women's match.

Miles to go and all that but WWE really has come a long way on that front. Also HOLY poo poo THESE LADIES ARE GOING HAM.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This is cool as gently caress.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I never thought I'd post this but the dudes have some work to do to top this so far.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shima Honnou posted:

why would you think that there's only one lana in this match not six of them

Because I didn't think whoever agented this would have/allow them to go this balls to the wall.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

I love how chaotic this match is

It rules and if the fellas go this buck wild this cannot be a bad show.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That match was good as hell even though it had probably the second worst outcome.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

tweet my meat posted:

It had a bad finish, why do i ever let myself be hopeful for anything else

It was not a bad finish. It was a bad result. Those things are different.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They had her get pinned clean. LMFAO.

God, two years in a row Carmella is involved in some all-time poo poo finishes MITB.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The womens mitb match was a pre emptive apology for that match

This is true but I knew that before Asuka/Carmella even started.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That match was good as heck. Admittedly Shin probably should have won but why are some people talking like that was bad? This has been a show with some major lows granted, but three loving awesome matches and two potentially good to really good matches left.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Why did the crowd pop so hard for that?

Also Ronda was good and that match was good imo.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Barring Ellsworth and Sami/Lashley this show has been very good.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hako posted:

Why do they swap announcers so frequently? Is this a common thing?

One crew is Raw, one is SmackDown.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

agreedo.

Even Roman/Jinder was okay for what it was

I literally forgot that existed but yeah it was fine as a "Roman beats transitional heel" fare.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Professor Funk posted:

finn, joe, or miz

Or Braun. Or Rusev. Really there are no bad options this match other than Roode IMO.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shinjobi posted:

Hahahaha, I knew my chances.

Hurrr you're so smart

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The PPV was good, this is GREAT. Holy poo poo.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Psychepath posted:

I'm growing less positive on the Hardys 24 as I get further from it. Dude has distribition amounts of painkillers and steroids, keeps working and gets a whopping 10 days in jail and then trashes a car in a DUI with no stated penalty and he has a free new shoulder. That's basically the most priveledged drug story you'll ever hear. Other dude gets by solely on the strength of his wife despite their many serious issues that are glossed over.

Like it's still honest, but it's only answering what you want a happy ending to.

Okay, while I understand what you're saying, this bothers me because addiction is horrible whoever you are, and this reeks of you saying that because Jeff is rich and white and having a bumpier road he doesn't deserve the redemption. I'd agree with you if I had heard any stories of the people closer to him feeling like he's not genuine. Is Matt doing a better job? Yes. Does Jeff deserve to go to the Hague? No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Invalid Validation posted:

He got off with 10 days of jail and a fine. If he was black and not rich he’d probably be in there for the rest of his life. I hope he’s getting a handle on his demons but he’s been given a lot of chances and I hope he’s very grateful.

I agree, I guess my only point is I'm wary of judging people in recovery the more time I've spent advocating for them, you know? gently caress the "justice system" though (which is the real root of the disparity, let's be honest).

• Locked thread