Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Wait, if the organization can set up barriers to keep the team on track why don't they just do the missions while out there themselves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

TheLoneStar posted:

I like the manga version of this more, where Lexaeus quietly and politely trains Roxas' mind by having him do puzzles. Lord knows that kid needs an intelligence boost. People call Sora dumb, but I'd argue Roxas is much dumber.

Give him a break he's been alive for like a week or two.

But the Days manga is so good, and like... full of character

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

1234567890num posted:

Here's a thought: Which is more likely? KH3 explaining everything or a Disney world being the first/final world? Or better yet, a Disney character getting norted and becoming part of the New Organization XIII?

Disney is NOT going to let a character get Norted

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

1234567890num posted:

This is most likely true, but one can hope... I mean, there're some characters that are (in)famous but probably won't be put in the games. Like Gaston, for example. Would've made the Disney characters more involved, at least...

From the trailers that may be the case, but there's a chance that there will be a tutorial in Yen Sid's Tower about Kairi and Lea learning how to use the keyblade. If that's true then the first world is only half Disney depending on how you look at it.

Disney also does not want the Disney characters involved. Disney really seems to struggle with the idea of what the gently caress a crossover is supposed to entail, and it shocks me even after all these games they're like "Yeah Nah, keep it all separate."

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

1234567890num posted:

Oh. I didn't know that was the case. Disney seemed pretty involved in KH1, but they probably changed their mind after that. A shame, too. It would've made interesting story material.

The manga was interesting. Glad they decided to make Roxas and the others more involved in the Disney worlds (except Halloween town). The Organization members are more fleshed out (except Larxene & Xigbar who are basically the same and Zexion & Xaldin who are relatively not really shown that much). I'm not counting Xemnas and Saix since they just hang out at the castle. I especially love the Wonderland sections.

The reason characters did not join the party in KH1, that Mickey was consigned to a single cameo at the end of the game, and that nothing in the various worlds actually plays into the larger plot with the exception of the things directly affecting Sora, Riku and Kairi, is because Disney did not want the characters to crossover. It's more that, to have a game that expanded upon the plot of KH1, they needed to introduce more original content. In the end, there's no difference to Agrabah in KH1 or 2 except Jaffar is aligned with the Alliance of the Villains who don't do anything in KH1. It's Riku who winds up kidnapping the Princess', The villains in KH1 don't actually support each other, and like Maleficent and Pete in KH2, have no connection to the actual Ansem/Organization plot. They're just obstacles to conclude that worlds event, they have no far-reaching consequences, and ultimately they serve no purpose.

Again, this is by design. The entire reason that Kingdom Hearts was "worlds" traveled to in a spaceship, and party members didn't join and the whole "World Order" thing, was an excuse to explain why only characters who are allowed to appear all over (Donald and Goofy) join Sora's quest. The initial idea was that as is traditional for most RPGs, Sora would be joined by Aladdin, Jack, Peter Pan etc. Permanently over the course of the game. Disney, for their own reasons, didn't want this.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

berryjon posted:

That's the face-plant attack where it slams the area around it repeatedly. It only happens if you get up close and hit it a few times.

To be fair to that decision process, we did get Ducktales, Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck and Tale Spin out of the exec's desire to maintain control over the big three. Remember, Donald only showed up twice(?) in a show about his nephews and uncle.

There's a certain myopic zone where those three characters are concerned that Disney has, and it's not going to go away any time soon.

In the end, we only have Sora because they couldn't decide on whether Mickey or Donald would be the protagonist. I think Disney wanted it to be Donald and Square wanted it to be Mickey. We only have Ansem because Disney didn't want Chernabog as the final boss. Pretty much all of Kingdom Hearts original contributions can be tied back to Disney not really wanting the Disney stuff to be used in that sort of way. So Square just shrugged, went "gently caress it" and crafted their own lore.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

If they wanted to minimalize interaction, why not have Roxas go to worlds Sora doesn't visit in KH2? :argh:

Disney letting/not letting them have certain worlds? Wanting to keep Locals familiar? Days being a really poorly thought out game? It's the last one.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

would Magic Level 2 not make Fire Fira?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

1234567890num posted:

How do you know this? Still, that explains a LOT of problems with this game and BBS's plot.

That still leaves another question: why does he even write a game about friendship if he hates interaction? :psyduck:

I've never heard about Nomura dislikes interacting with people, I've seen poo poo like him and Kojima being drinking buddies.

Like there's this

quote:

Despite the long hours needed to complete such high-profile projects as Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy VII Remake, Nomura says his love of creation keeps him going. I don’t get fatigued by that at all. It’s really fun for me to do,” he says. “I actually don’t like human relationships more than just work, so I just want to focus on work and creating things, if I don’t have to deal with human relationships. It’s actually a little bit easier for me to do than not working.” Still, he says, he owes a lot to his fans. “I do need fans to play my games, to be able to create it,” he says, “and so fans are definitely a factor to motivate me to keep on going.”

Which is saying he's someone who prefers working to people,

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Yeah, I was hyperbolically paraphrasing that quote. Though when I read it, it was next to this one, which does make Nomura come off as a weirdo:

He's Chuuni as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I posted this in the KH3 thread, but KingK did a pretty good retrospective on Days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyYNCNUtvFk