Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I definitely have the Aaryn fear for Haleigh but that's probably not fair. She seems a little more "poised" last night than I expected but you can't keep that "on" for an entire season. She's also attending a university, not that makes her not racist, but she's less sheltered than Aaryn was and probably has a better idea of what is and isn't acceptable. The tv characters always drop after a couple of weeks and BB players show who they are on the feeds, for better or worse. So we'll see.

Faustian Bargain posted:

You forgot the life coach who looks like Nicole Richie.
THANK YOU! That was bothering me the entire episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Angela is a better looking Misha Barton :ssh:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

STAC Goat posted:

I definitely have the Aaryn fear for Haleigh but that's probably not fair. She seems a little more "poised" last night than I expected but you can't keep that "on" for an entire season. She's also attending a university, not that makes her not racist, but she's less sheltered than Aaryn was and probably has a better idea of what is and isn't acceptable. The tv characters always drop after a couple of weeks and BB players show who they are on the feeds, for better or worse. So we'll see.

THANK YOU! That was bothering me the entire episode.

Didn't Aaryn go to the same university?

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
This may be a first, but the current Jokers rankings actually kind of mirror how I feel about the cast.

poo poo, I'm becoming one of them now. Send help.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

ToastyPotato posted:

Didn't Aaryn go to the same university?

I genuinely don't know. I guess I was just making an assumption because Aaryn regularly talked like she'd never been off her daddy's ranch or out of her town. But it was totally out of my rear end.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

I genuinely don't know. I guess I was just making an assumption because Aaryn regularly talked like she'd never been off her daddy's ranch or out of her town. But it was totally out of my rear end.

I think her intro package said she was studying something in college, but hell if I can remember what. Also there are a poo poo ton of university racists. There are a few news stories of sorority and fraternity members (and in some cases the whole group) getting suspended/expelled due to being caught on camera being racist. Didn't a frat get expelled a month or two ago because of blackface or something like that?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
To be fair though like 1/4 of the cast has been from Texas A&M since BB15.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Shneak posted:

To be fair though like 1/4 of the cast has been from Texas A&M since BB15.

I laughed my rear end off when the lifeguard dude started freaking out because the other girl told everyone they were from the same place.

But yeah, casting is not very varied on this show it seems. I yearn for the season where we can have more than a few POC. But I guess they are playing to the audience or something. Bleh.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

BB unfortunately casts the way they cast. I think they actually do cast a LITTLE more diversely than we consider. JC, Swaggy, Bayleigh, Muslim Dude, Football Lady. Yoga Girl? I dunno. The BB18 cast was pretty diverse. But there's always a bunch of pretty model white people and they're always attracted to each other so it always looks a certain way.

ToastyPotato posted:

I think her intro package said she was studying something in college, but hell if I can remember what. Also there are a poo poo ton of university racists. There are a few news stories of sorority and fraternity members (and in some cases the whole group) getting suspended/expelled due to being caught on camera being racist. Didn't a frat get expelled a month or two ago because of blackface or something like that?

Yeah, I didn't mean to say "she goes to college so she's not racist". I just meant it was a step more of "worldliness" that theoretically makes her a little less likely to just start spewing out racist garbage left and right with no thought to how its perceived.

But like... in fairness we have absolutely no reason that I know of to assume she is racist and we should probably remember that Aaryn was really, really, REALLY bad and shouldn't be the standard just because Haleigh is a very pretty Texan girl.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

BB unfortunately casts the way they cast. I think they actually do cast a LITTLE more diversely than we consider. JC, Swaggy, Bayleigh, Muslim Dude, Football Lady. Yoga Girl? I dunno. The BB18 cast was pretty diverse. But there's always a bunch of pretty model white people and they're always attracted to each other so it always looks a certain way.

Yeah, I didn't mean to say "she goes to college so she's not racist". I just meant it was a step more of "worldliness" that theoretically makes her a little less likely to just start spewing out racist garbage left and right with no thought to how its perceived.

But like... in fairness we have absolutely no reason that I know of to assume she is racist and we should probably remember that Aaryn was really, really, REALLY bad and shouldn't be the standard just because Haleigh is a very pretty Texan girl.

And to be fair to Texans, the person that was just as racist if not more so (she said the n word didn't she?) was the Italian girl from Staten Island. I'm really hoping the cop turns out to be cool. Being from the area, and knowing people with similar background in the same profession, I have serious reason to worry about him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

GM didn't just use the "n" word. She called Elissa's kid a "mud baby."

There's definitely a clock running on the middleaged NYPD cop. It might help that he teaches criminal justice. I mean, he could still suck but its a theoretical sign he doesn't. And theoretically the "undercover" thing means he knows how to not show his rear end. But he's definitely a person of interest.

And i think the thing we always forget from the Aaryn Story is that, yes, she was a racist piece of poo poo. And yes there's been racist assholes before and after her. But what made Aaryn so unique is that not only did she have ZERO filter and just openly and casually threw racism around like she was getting paid but when BB went out of its way to try and fix the problem by blatantly sending Amanda to go talk to her her response was "People tell me I'm racist all the time, it must be because I'm pretty and from Texas and they're jealous." And then she did it AGAIN when Julie Chen called her out.

When Amanda checks out and recognizes you're off the reservation then you're really beyond help.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I guess the one silver lining was that she apparently recognized how bad she was years later and owned up to it after she had a kid? Who knows how genuine that was though...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I dunno. I mean its been 5 years. I hope she's grown. I certainly won't discount the possibility that she has. I never saw anything that felt like a really fully realized and sincere apology or acknowledgment of blame. It all felt a little superficially and suspiciously "I've grown, so forgive me and drop it". But I'd be lying if I said I really paid that much attention or gave her a really fair shake. All people deserve the chance to grow but like if she ain't on my trashy summer obsession then its not really in my realm of interest.

The only thing I really know about Aaryn post show is that she's one of those moms who like vlogs everything her kid does.

edit: I just went looking at some of her stuff and this cracks me up from her OG BB interview.

quote:

What are you afraid of? People with evil or absent minds that hurt or deceive others.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jun 28, 2018

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

How much social media vetting do the producers do now before casting someone?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I beg the thread's forgiveness but I was cleaning up some folders on my laptop and looking through some old stuff and I just felt like sharing my Top 20 gifs from BB19.

This lady can look forward to a marriage of moments like this.

The Worst Summer of Mark's Life.

Kevin was one of a kind for sure.

This was the F3. And they basically ran the entire game.

Sometimes I think Cody was keenly aware.

I mean, c'mon.

Before we had SamBot, we had the Scooter.

I wonder if Mark ever figured out why people were mad about this.

Alex's season in a nutshell.

Reminder that Cody was scared of Jess.

The moment Josh realized who Paul was.

He's just so tiny.

This guy won the game.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
It's amazing how much I forgot about BB19. I totally forgot about Christmas basically being a non-entity the whole season because she messed up her ankle super early in the show.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Non-entity? She won a sprinting challenge!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There was part of me secretly hoping that she'd rip her cast off at the end and reveal she was faking all along and beast the final comp.

I don't think its fair to call her a "non entity." She really did run the game with Paul and Josh. Obviously never had a real chance to win because everyone perceived her as being carried because she couldn't compete physically. That's kind of unfair since there's plenty of people who don't win physical comps, but perception is reality in Big Brother. But she went from the HOH's target in Week 1 and very shaky ground to a F3 finish that neither Josh nor Paul felt comfortable taking with them to Final Jury. And she did a lot of gaming to get there.

But unfortunately everyone got so focused on Paul and hating him and hating her for helping him and not taking him out that I doubt she'll ever get her due or have as much call for a second chance as she would have had if she had left the game early.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I hate JC less then I thought, he and the Cop are the only guys worth a drat.

gently caress you Swaggy C

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

STAC Goat posted:

There was part of me secretly hoping that she'd rip her cast off at the end and reveal she was faking all along and beast the final comp.

I don't think its fair to call her a "non entity." She really did run the game with Paul and Josh. Obviously never had a real chance to win because everyone perceived her as being carried because she couldn't compete physically. That's kind of unfair since there's plenty of people who don't win physical comps, but perception is reality in Big Brother. But she went from the HOH's target in Week 1 and very shaky ground to a F3 finish that neither Josh nor Paul felt comfortable taking with them to Final Jury. And she did a lot of gaming to get there.

But unfortunately everyone got so focused on Paul and hating him and hating her for helping him and not taking him out that I doubt she'll ever get her due or have as much call for a second chance as she would have had if she had left the game early.

Ya I guess that's true. I so remember telling my friend I thought it was amazing how she was able to adapt to the situation and thrive.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
She was cool, but she's a trump supporter. I'm not the kind of Tumblr user who hates people for their politics, but having access to that info takes me out of the game. There's a good reason why they edit it out for broadcast (though the BBOTT reaction to the 2016 election was priceless).

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That sucks and like its not the only flaw in her character or game or anything. I vaguely recall her tweeting some conspiracy stuff too or something.

I'm just saying she played a good game and she'll probably not get the due for it because of the injury and Paul. I don't know if we'd get along as friends though or if she's a good person outside the BB house.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I wasn't trying to discount her game or anything, it's obviously unrelated. Kind of like how Jody were America's darlings due to their poo poo tier behavior also not making the edit.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That and the Paul backlash. People hated Paul so much that they treated Jody as "heroes" because they were his enemies. They got a cozy edit and TV viewers never knew how bad their behavior got but even the fans who know a lot of them just picked a side and that was against Paul. Same with why so many people turned so hard on Christmas because she was with him. Paul just dominated that season psychologically, inside the house and outside.

But gently caress Paul. He lost. Again. He's BB Russell. Its BB20 time and its almost time for us to get to know a new crop of people we'll hate and get mad that the show covers up for.

DISCLAIMER: I love this trashy stuff and I love sharing with you folks. But I'm a biased viewer and I have my favorites and not so favorites. I'll try and be honest and fair about it but you can't always control or recognize that. If you think I'm being unfair or harsh or soft feel free to say something and I'll address/justify/correct it. If you think I'm getting too arrogant that I know everything check me. I think I've got a pretty good record of seeing good games early (Derrick, Vanessa/Austin, Christmas/Paul/Josh) but you can always remind me that I thought Meg was gonna be a legend and I thought Steve was a worse player than Liz and never thought Andy had a chance. And of course if I ever get too annoying dominating the thread feel free to tell me to stop and get a blog.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I only read this thread because of you and you are both entertaining and have taught me tons about the game. The only downside I see is you are too nice to tell us that someone’s rear end or balls fell out and to check the feeds.

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
Can somebody refresh me on what the “real” schedule is. I watched feeds for the first half of the season last year before I got annoyed and stopped. First season I watched in a lonnnng time.

Live eviction and HoH is always Thursday. Sunday is... I forget what the Sunday episodes are. Wednesday is veto. But in real life feed world is there usually days that the actual veto and stuff are or is it really variable. Somebody refresh me.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

I am loving crying from laughing so hard. Cancel this poo poo and give Sam the entire hour.

“Like <sniffles> as a person.... when I got to come back - I still felt isolated.”

I’m hugging you. “This is weird.”

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Sam is hamming it up a bit too much for my taste, but she is still adorable. And who knows, right now all we have is show edits. The real poo poo starts soon and I hope my opinion of people isn't too wrong! Winston and Brett seem like trash bros but hopefully Tyler is decent.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

CancerStick posted:

Can somebody refresh me on what the “real” schedule is. I watched feeds for the first half of the season last year before I got annoyed and stopped. First season I watched in a lonnnng time.

Live eviction and HoH is always Thursday. Sunday is... I forget what the Sunday episodes are. Wednesday is veto. But in real life feed world is there usually days that the actual veto and stuff are or is it really variable. Somebody refresh me.

TV schedule is Thursdays Eviction/HOH, Sundays Long HOHs/Nominations, Wednesdays POV.
Real feeds schedule is usually Lockdown/Evictions on Thursday, Nominations on Friday, POV on Saturday, and POV Ceremony on Monday. Time can vary based on how much work they need to do for the sets and stuff like that. Or if they have a night POV or something. When feeds come on POV is usually finished and we're waiting for the Ceremony. First few weeks can be chaotic and for July 4th weekend they do everything really quick so they can give their crew the weekend off. After a few weeks it settles down.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

We're live!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

SamBot in the house!

There's a HOH crew talking about Kaycee "going to the darkside" and there's no coming back from that. I count Tyler, Ashleigh?, Rockstar, Swoll Muslim, and Bayleigh I dunno. They're acting very house divided already. Saying the other side is "peacocking". Rockstar is "over them". She doesn't seem happy. She and Swoll complain about Angela saying something about heels and a bikini looking like a stripper. Now they're talking about the Trending thing and trying to figure out. Some low key early justification about how losing might not mean people hate you. Usual stuff.

JC and Yoga Girl are goofing around and playing to the cameras.

Steve, Winston, and Bro caught Angela talking about a possible women's alliance. Steve's talking about things he's seen and people talking about people but its kind of incoherent. I get the vibe he's just trying to stir up stuff because he's on the block so he's all vague and unclear. But who knows?

The Cool Kids are hanging in the kitchen but they're doing callouts so cameras are avoiding them.

Some "Delivery" announcement.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Wait, they're making the Muslim guy eat pork?...

Edit: Apparently it's vegan ham. Seems like this was something they could have easily avoided either way, unless he got the choice of punishment?

Teek fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jun 29, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I guess they came up with the pun before considering casting the Muslim.

They got a Hamazon Delivery. Apparently Fays has to eat ham all week? HOH crew discussing it and sounds like its not actually pork but some kind of vegetable roll or something.

I'm not gonna like Winston.

meeler09
May 24, 2007
Looking at poor robosam sucks. That’s such a lovely week 1 punishment

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

meeler09 posted:

Looking at poor robosam sucks. That’s such a lovely week 1 punishment

Very depressing, man. RoboSam just sits there while everyone goes where she can't. Almost everyone is up in HOH now and she can't get up there.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, being entirely boxed out of HOH is BAD and the house doesn't seem super concerned about keeping her involved.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Winston and Bro discussing more house divide stuff. Winston exposed some talk with "their team" and things he may have exposed "our team." Winston coming off real smug about how "smooth they think they are". Winston says Steve is working with them and its ok and he wants to just tell him he doesn't have to keep covering and playing them. Vegas and Kaycee join them and Winston all "I want to call them out." I'm not gonna like him. They're speculating about who has the secret power. Winston tries to get them to come into the back bedroom and Vegas is all "I'm not going in there." Doesn't seem like a happy house.

Winston now telling Vegas solo his story about busting in on a game talk. He's very proud of this. Now he's with Kaycee and Beach Girl telling it again. They're saying Kaitlyn needs to "get over it" if they want to sleep with him tonight. Very serious "cool/mean kids" vibe. Oh hey, he's telling the story again. It was "savage."

Sam apparently spent all day as a robot. She says if she gets "human time" tomorrow she's climbing the rock wall and unpacking. Apparently she got stuck in a corner at some point.

Beach Girl telling Kaycee she'd be friends with Hayleigh "in real life" but "gotta pick a team." Jeez guys, its Week 1. Vegas joins and they complain that they're all up in HOH and asking for attention. They steal some pillows. Speculation who has the power. Some guy was in last. They say he's "a big negatory". Swaggy? Or maybe that's Swoll's punishment? Cool Girls think JC has the App but he's riding the middle so won't tell anyone.

Its worth noting that there's way more people in HOH than the cool kids complaining. I count Tyler, JC, Swaggy, Swoll, Bayleigh, Haleigh, Steve, and Rockstar upstairs and Kaycee, Winston, Beach Girl, Vegas, and Bro bitching with SamBot stuck in the middle. Cool Kids don't seem great at math.

Winston complaining that "everyone is in HOH" and its "blatantly obvious." Dude... YOU'RE the ones not up there. EVERYONE is up there! They contemplate going up there to "bust it up" (HOH crew is just bullshitting and socializing) and really stick it to them but they get distracted speculating about the power again. They seem to be stressing that it could be a nomination thing and one of them might go up.

Oh, I see the nerd cleaning dishes. I forgot he existed.

Winston's now come down and is stressing about the power and saying he shouldn't have busted in the room like he did. Beach assures him it will pass.
Vegas: I'm literally not worried at all. Is that strange? I'm weirdly comfortable.
Beach: I'm a MAJOR target.
Winston: I don't think I have the votes to stay.

Vegas is in HOH now. Winston, Bro, Kaycee, and Beach are still debating whether they should. Bro wants to "bust in" and make a scene. Winston regretting his past action and stressing more.

SamBot's kind of hanging around in the kitchen quiet. She's not isolated exactly but she seems very withdrawn at the very least. Its hard to even spot that thing from the side.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Is Swaggy more likeable on the feeds?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've barely noticed him. I think the Cool Kids are poo poo talking him.

Like he's been in HOH the whole time but he seems pretty muted. Borderline withdrawn. Its possible he got humbled or the Swaggy act is a huge put on for an actually pretty introverted dude.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jun 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Jesus Christ Vegas / Rachel is goddamn annoying.

• Locked thread