Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If Angela wins it's because Tyler is just more hated than her. It's less a testament to the merits of "telling it like it is" and more a lesson that playing a smarmy, backstabbing, weasel game leaves a mark.

Like it's basically "What if Andy had gone to the end with Aaryn?". Or Amanda I guess because the BB15 cast actually liked the virulent racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its all we have but its basically the one debate we've been waiting all season for.

https://twitter.com/REALvegasbackup/status/1042553171036528641
https://twitter.com/REALvegasbackup/status/1042553173502656512
https://twitter.com/REALvegasbackup/status/1042554278236237824

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Per Vegas, Kaycee won veto! Haha. Hopefully she boots Tyler.

Some delicious tears from all the crying Tyler fans on Jokers.

I think that should pretty much secure her winning the season if she is sitting there at the end.

Teek fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Sep 20, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Eh, she'll boot Angela with JC's blessing and Tyler's low key blessing because it cleans up his F2 mess for him. Tyler gets bailed out again and his odds of winning increase.

edit: From what I'm reading it doesn't even seem like its in question. They all seem to be talking like Angela's done and she's accepted it and Tyler's trying to soften the blow for her finding out about his lies and games.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Sep 20, 2018

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
She's Cody.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its definitely always been clear that like Cody she's a misanthrope who made a strange decision being part of this particular reality show. Although in Angela's case its probably easily enough explained as a search for fame and fortune where Cody just wanted to fix his truck.

edit: Oh wait, you're saying Kaycee is BB16 Cody to Tyler's Derrick, and I'm saying Angela is BB19 Cody. Whoopsie.

I actually don't agree with that. I think Tyler's actually a lot closer to Cody than he is to Derrick. Both Cody and Tyler did the same thing where there was a lot of emotional manipulation and bloody betrayals. That isn't to say Kaycee is Derrick but she's had much cleaner jury management and way less betrayals. Bayleigh, Scottie, and Brett are the only ones in Jury with any real reason to be mad at her. Brett shouldn't be since he was planning to backstab her, and Scottie's anger would be logical more towards Brett since he's the one who was framing Scottie and Kaycee was just kind of along for the ride. But Kaycee did Bayleigh bad.

But with all of Kaycee's wins I could definitely see her beating Tyler. And hey, she got that "evict Angela, the Jury will love you" theory Brett kept pushing.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Sep 20, 2018

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

We're getting into a rhythm now
Glad JC won, i guess, even though he's terrible and morally confused. He knew a lot of what was going on most the season. He could have rallied the other side of the house and put himself in a much better spot, but just enjoyed hanging with the bullies. That said, hard to argue with F3 as a result, and maybe he'll even win. It was just such a frustrating house this season.

Julie Bot was tough to watch before and it's even worse now with her Camille Cosby routine. Looking at Twitter of course there's a ton of support for her with the BB fan base. I grew up in a liberal Oregon bubble and this (and all the other poo poo happening) is a good reminder that the world sucks.

Glad to see the bullies finally turn on eachother. It should have happened weeks ago... I wonder if they haven't shown the jury house because it's totally toxic and would crush their "L6 are good people" narratives. I hope the jury shits on them hard.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It is a little odd that they haven't padded out some of these really weak last couple of weeks with jury house footage. But I imagine the Jury House doesn't have much drama and is mostly just united in their dislike of the people in the house. And BB probably doesn't want to be burying all the people left in the game. Not great for ratings.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

So Angela ended up getting evicted, as most people expected. Tyler ended up taking part 1 of the final HOH.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

I don't agree with the play, but I think I understand the reasoning behind it. Kaycee's best shot to get into F2 is to win HoH and Angela's a much bigger comp threat than Tyler. I think that Angela would be more likely to take Kaycee to F2 than Tyler would, but if winning HoH outright is the gameplan then bringing Tyler makes more sense.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, I think she should have a strong shot of winning in final two against either guy. Not sure what Tyler VS JC would look like though. Tyler was a snake, but if he totally owns things in his final speech/questions, I think he might be able to sway enough to win against JC.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't agree that Angela is a bigger comp threat than Tyler (Doesn't Tyler have more wins?) and even if she was I think Angela being more of a goat is enough to balance that. Ultimately while I think Kaycee probably made a mistake there its a mistake she can theoretically rebound from.

If she's as strong a jury threat as we think she is then she doesn't necessarily need a goat, and Tyler and JC have their share of goat qualities. If Kaycee's Jury Pitch is going to come down to loyalty and honestly then sticking with her F2 makes sense and feeds that. And in theory it makes Tyler look worse by emphasizing how many F2s and slimy deals he could never hope to keep he had compared to Kaycee's relatively clean game.

And yeah, Angela was probably never taking her to the end as long as Tyler was there so it makes sense in that way.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Kaycee won part 2.

It makes me sad that I had to look that up somewhere other than here.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
If you had told June me that I'd be typing this I'd call you crazy.

I sure wish Swaggy C and Kaitlyn were still in this game.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I would give anything to trade this timeline with the one where Kaitlyn solved her puzzle.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Shneak posted:

I would give anything to trade this timeline with the one where Kaitlyn solved her puzzle.
There is no such timeline my man.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Shneak posted:

I wouldn't want to live in a world where Kaitlyn didn't fail the puzzle, but it would have been nice if she'd gotten some production-supported buyback or something with some Paul-level immunity paired with it just to keep this shitshow interesting.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think Kaitlyn staying would have changed much. She would have made for a few more interesting weeks of feeds but Tyler would have sweet talked her and she would have ended up in that Jody spot where most of the house just wanted her gone. Her vote and a HOH if she won it would be controlled by Tyler and then she would have been picked off by JC at the first clear shot by someone else. Even L6 kind of wanted her gone because she was too close to Tyler, at least as much as they thought for themselves in those days.

The big difference would have been Tyler/Angela. That might not have happened. But I don't think it really changed the game in any major way and I don't really care about their relationship.

Oh, and Fessy would have lost his mind a little more.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Has this show been put out of its misery yet

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Has this show been put out of its misery yet
Huge spoiler but JC and Tyler got engaged and are going to move to a treehouse in Uruguay in December (summer there). Julie Chen is going to move into the BB House for a bit until her husband can move all his poo poo out. Everyone fist fought as balloons rained down and it hard-cut to black.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Kaycee won. I'm not mad because a gay asian woman winning Big Brother is a miracle but Tyler really played the better game.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Tyler really botched the questions. He was going to win 6-3 before he told Bayleigh she was his enemy and told Scotty he threw him under the bus .

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Wow it's crazy that this is only the 2nd time in BB history that a Woman has beat a Man in the final two.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

I would have been fine with either one winning really. Tyler played a more interesting game but Kaycee's whole be friends with everyone and then go on a massive comp win streak in the later part of the game strat is pretty solid. She started winning right when her alliance was starting to doubt her usefulness. I think where Tyler really screwed up was with Sam, that's definitely a vote he could have gotten.

And how desperate is Swaggy to stay relevant with that proposal? I wonder if he knows Boogie and Krista already did that in Season 2. I bet it works out just as well.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Tyler’s weakness the whole time was overplaying and it killed him.

He overplayed all season making solid deals he would have to break that weren’t even necessary and overplayed in the end with the stuff about needing an enemy and the cloud app.

He lost on his own whereas Kaycee didn’t do anything more than what was necessary and was civil with everyone along the way.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
That's 3 "Mastermind Loses Final Vote" finales in a row (counting Ross in there, but not Paul in S18), and I have to say each one is getting more confusing and less satisfying.

Paul in 19 was making clear mistakes, and his biggest mistakes (his goodbye messages and general inauthenticity) was exactly his opponent's greatest strength. I understood that one.

And then in Celebrity, Ross and Marissa played nearly identical games and made almost exactly the same mistakes, like the way they dealt with Shannon. But fine, Ross was still a little bit of a jerk to players both to their face and in the Diary Room, at least more so than Marissa. I (sort of) understood that one.

But now this season, the big "flaws" in Tyler's game really seem like petty nitpicks. I don't really like Tyler, but he was much friendlier than Paul and Ross and didn't ever really do any unnecessary and overly malicious lying. Sure he messed up a few of the jury questions, but so did Kaycee (and they both seem really messed up by the rushed timing). I guess the biggest area you could critique was his general acting-dumber-than-he-was strategy, but even there it's hard to pinpoint exactly why that went wrong.

Maybe the one time he unnecessarily lied was telling Sam she was safe at the Final 5? And maybe that one lie cost him her vote and the entire game? But that's not really very satisfying-- that lie was so inconsequential it didn't even make the show and I'm not even sure if I have the details about it correct.

ETA: Reading the post above, maybe I'm the only one confused after all. I guess it's a question about how necessary the Final 2 lies were; to me, those were generally necessary and fairly straightforward lies for a Big Brother game. They certainly feel much more necessary and less malicious than Paul working overtime to convince his allies he was still with them well after he had already turned on them, or Ross talking in circles with Shannon about everything surrounding her eviction knowing she was going to be watching the episodes before the finale.

mancalamania fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Sep 27, 2018

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
In post show interviews both Sam and Rockstar voted based off of nothing game related but based off who needed the money more and/or what they "represented". Lmao

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

CancerStick posted:

In post show interviews both Sam and Rockstar voted based off of nothing game related but based off who needed the money more and/or what they "represented". Lmao

Why does Kaycee need the money more than Tyler? Kaycee comes from a stable home, Tyler is a broke rear end lifeguard making 14 dollars an hour with a widowed mom

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm really disappointed in the Kaycee win. It's not that I don't think she deserves it but Tyler played the better game. I enjoyed the season overall so I'm not going to complain.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yeah, Kaycee was nothing more than a loyal team player who won a lot of vetoes. Why did that team win, though? Tyler flipping the first vote and Tyler getting Caitlin to take Swaggy out. JC and Sam working on their side of the house in part because of their deals with Tyler. And then when Brett was ready to turn on their trio, it was Tyler who outed it when Kaycee wouldn’t have. Then, she cut Angela instead of Tyler when Angela would have been a slam dunk win, because she was still being a loyal team player. I can understand why a lot of jurors voted as they did, so I’m not saying the ending was “wrong,” but it was disappointing. Hopefully future players watching this season will have felt the same way and will be more inclined to vote for the bigger player.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Sep 27, 2018

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

Fast Luck posted:

Yeah, Kaycee was nothing more than a loyal team player who won a lot of vetoes. Why did that team win, though? Tyler flipping the first vote and Tyler getting Caitlin to take Swaggy out. JC and Sam working on their side of the house in part because of their deals with Tyler. And then when Brett was ready to turn on their trio, it was Tyler who outed it when Kaycee wouldn’t have. Then, she cut Angela instead of Tyler when Angela would have been a slam dunk win, because she was still being a loyal team player. I can understand why a lot of jurors voted as they did, so I’m not saying the ending was “wrong,” but it was disappointing. Hopefully future players watching this season will have felt the same way and will be more inclined to vote for the bigger player.

As far as I know, Kaycee's won(or tied for? not sure) the most comps in BB history, so that stands for something, but I still think Tyler played the better game.

(1x Hacker, 5x POV, 2x HOH for a total of 8 competitions (9 if you count parts 2/3 of HOH as separate comps))

Aardvark Barber fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Sep 27, 2018

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I think part of Tyler's problem was that while he tried to mend fences at the very end during his speech, the nerves and delivery did more to re-open some wounds and remind people just how in the dark they were. I was pulling for him, but I can't be too upset Kaycee won, especially since she stayed loyal enough that when Tyler went rogue on Part 1, she STILL honored their deal and took him with her.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Haha Bayleigh is pregnant.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

SalTheBard posted:

I enjoyed the season overall
:yikes:

What did you enjoy about it? I hated this boring season.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Fast Luck posted:

Haha Bayleigh is pregnant.

:gizz::discourse:

Congrats to the couple. Guess this was actually a 17 Houseguest season.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://twitter.com/AlanaDaisyy/status/1045267392161443840/photo/1

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I think our man goat has tuned out, but I do want to thank him again for another year of service.

Jeep
Feb 20, 2013

^burtle posted:

I think our man goat has tuned out, but I do want to thank him again for another year of service.

He is a national treasure & an integral part of the Big Brother Experience & he must be protected at all costs.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Faustian Bargain posted:

:yikes:

What did you enjoy about it? I hated this boring season.

Let me rephrase:

I really enjoyed all the pre-Battle Back parts of the season. I thought the really polarized house was a lot of fun. You didn't have sheeps following one person to the end (for the most part). I think the biggest misfires this season were the Hacker comp and the battle back. I get why they had to do it, but man the Battle Back just really deflated a lot of the season. However I still really enjoyed watching the game play of Tyler, Brett and JC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

^burtle posted:

Yeah this season wasn't great and I don't blame Goat for spending his time watching baseball or whatever instead, but I really do appreciate the time he puts into his summaries.

Also I'm fine with Kaycee's win. That's the equivalent of angels ringing out for this season.

• Locked thread