Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Here is a substantive post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm not a jailer, I just thought the certainty of this post was presumptuous.

Monathin posted:

So quick note, either there's also a scum roleblocker or a 3p Amnesiac picked up AA's role.

I say this, because, naturally, I got roleblocked.

There are other reasons an action can fail/be blocked than the two listed.

Target hiding also an option.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

CCKeane posted:

So Asiina when are you going to claim jailer and hope everybody goes "oooo power role", ignoring that we had a town roleblocker?

Where did jailer even come from? Mona didn't say he was jailed, he said he was roleblocked. I'm pretty sure there's a difference (ex you were role blocked vs your action failed because you were jailed, or something like that)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

b-minus1 posted:

Where did jailer even come from? Mona didn't say he was jailed, he said he was roleblocked. I'm pretty sure there's a difference (ex you were role blocked vs your action failed because you were jailed, or something like that)

Not always.

A lot of the time it's just "your action failed."

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dick Bastardly posted:

like your merk case :shepface:

:thunk:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

yeah those are some strangely specific causes for an action failing, monathin

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Hal Incandenza posted:

why are people voting Asiina stop voting for her

I think asiina is likely scum for the following reasons:

1. Early game lurking
2. Bc I think Keane is scum and her interactions with Keane are scummy
3. What I already said about her town read on AA

I think Keane is scum for the following reasons:

1. Faaaaaaaaaart

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

1. Early game lurking

1. Faaaaaaaaaart

You mean when the game was in half-jokephase with people throwing down real votes for joke reasons for the majority of D1?

Also you think Keane is scum therefore you're voting me, who is not only voting Keane but is trying to thunderdome him.

And I had a town read on someone who ended up town.

Very good casework, well done.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm actually not voting anyone right at this moment. But yes I think your interactions with Keane are scummy

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Fair, but what interactions are those?

Voting for him two days in a row?

Trying to make a thunderdome between the two of us?

Don't just say "interactions" be specific.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Asiina posted:

pointing out that this ain't a defense of poo poo

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It may not make me town, but she is using it specifically as a reason I am scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Keane, you assuming that Asiina is a Jailer and that a Jailer is scum because we have a flipped Town RB seems... below your level of skill as a town player. What gives, buddy?

##unvote

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

So Asiina when are you going to claim jailer and hope everybody goes "oooo power role", ignoring that we had a town roleblocker?

##vote Keane

You're far far better than this post as town.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Yeah, man, it's Keane. Sorry, Asiina.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

She wants to thunderdome a player confirmed as town by night actions (I read my PM in the evening).

Oh really!

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Asiina posted:

Not always.

A lot of the time it's just "your action failed."

I've been playing too much town of salem, I guess haha.

Still would like mona to clarify this if possible. Either way, keane looks pretty bad here.

##vote keane

1. Early game lurking

1. Faaaaaaaaaart

wow not a huge fan of this post

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

I've been playing too much town of salem, I guess haha.

Still would like mona to clarify this if possible. Either way, keane looks pretty bad here.

##vote keane

wow not a huge fan of this post

I don't agree with the Asiina part (especially the interactions with Keane bit, none of that seems like a bus to me) but why don't YOU like it?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Asiina requesting a thunderdome seemed like a great way to bus and establish town cred if Keane flips scum

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina requesting a thunderdome seemed like a great way to bus and establish town cred if Keane flips scum

I just don't see two scum going that hard at each other D2 to the exclusion of all else when neither was in THAT much danger.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

I just don't see two scum going that hard at each other D2 to the exclusion of all else when neither was in THAT much danger.

But really my questions was more for b-minus, I think you are more wrong than scummy in that post

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Hal Incandenza posted:

But really my questions was more for b-minus, I think you are more wrong than scummy in that post

agree: he isn't wrong in that it would be a major, strong bus but i just don't see that bus happening at this point

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Asiina posted:

You mean when the game was in half-jokephase with people throwing down real votes for joke reasons for the majority of D1?

Also you think Keane is scum therefore you're voting me, who is not only voting Keane but is trying to thunderdome him.

Very good casework, well done.

Keane hasn't stopped joking in case you haven't noticed.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

If Keane flips scum, I'm instantly voting you and not looking back. You're already posturing for it.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Ooh I'm so scared. You've been after me from day 1.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

merk posted:

If Keane flips scum, I'm instantly voting you and not looking back. You're already posturing for it.

this feels like a way of abdicating responsibility for actually playing d3

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

also chaining unflipped posters is butt

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I mean me personally, I’m voting for Asiina on account of I think she’s scum.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

DB is also scum. Not sure about moat, kind of cooled on him

Dancer
May 23, 2011

merk posted:

##vote Asiina

The old “lets talk negatively about a lynch we know is town without offering any help whatsoever” scum strategy employed obviously here.

merk posted:

This vote had no chance to see a lynch. It wasn’t persuasive at all. This is Asiina setting up for the next day while talking negatively about a lynch she knows is on town.

I take issue with these two posts. The first post because it presents a thing as if it's just obvious to everyone, the second primarily because of the bolded part. Not only was Keane an absolutely possible lynch, but we all know that persuasion matters little in D1 in these games. Goons can get caught up on the most arbitrary of "suspect" factoids or "scumslips" and then start a snowball that just keeps rolling, and merk knows this (or really should know this).

##vote merk for now. This might change as I continue reading.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

CCKeane posted:

She wants to thunderdome a player confirmed as town by night actions (I read my PM in the evening).

Wait this seems important. I'm rather troubled by this. On the one hand I don't trust either Keane or merk, but on the other hand it seems pretty courageous for them to be in such lock-step if they're indeed both scum. I'm tempted to unvote, but if we are to lynch either of them for information, I'd obviously rather do merk who hasn't yet claimed a power role. Then again, there's the obvious wifom if merk flips town (or Keane flips scum for that matter).

Dancer
May 23, 2011

merk posted:

##vote Keane

You're far far better than this post as town.

Here the lock-step breaks... Is it town merk genuinely scum-hunting, or is it scum merk noticing that the two of them are getting too close to each other and bussing his scum-bud?

Either of those indicates a high likelyhood of Keane being scum.

##vote Keane

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Dancer posted:

Here the lock-step breaks... Is it town merk genuinely scum-hunting, or is it scum merk noticing that the two of them are getting too close to each other and bussing his scum-bud?

##vote Keane

(yes I know he's a claimed power role. I'm still open to changing my mind, and I'll probably be present until deadline).

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Keane hasn't claimed a power role?

He was joking that he read his PM at night, his PM says town, so he's confirmed town by night actions.

It's a dumb joke.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dancer posted:

##vote Keane

Caught my eye as well, the record scratch here seems very pronounced

Dancer
May 23, 2011
On the one hand :doh: (in my mind the thunderdome was you v merk not you v Keane), on the other hand that makes this easier. Feeling pretty ok with my vote right now... that is, assuming I've read all the other things properly this time around. Gonna go back and double-check just to be sure :v: .

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Retro Futurist posted:

Caught my eye as well, the record scratch here seems very pronounced

I mean, for the record, I actually agree with merk's argument. Of course I'm still fairly suspect of him, but I can see a world in which all his posts (including that one) are made in good faith, and the record scratch, as you put it, is simply him honestly observing something and changing his mind.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Retro Futurist posted:

DB is also scum. Not sure about moat, kind of cooled on him

I am what you think I am but reverse (opposite, you know what I mean)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dancer posted:

On the one hand :doh: (in my mind the thunderdome was you v merk not you v Keane), on the other hand that makes this easier. Feeling pretty ok with my vote right now... that is, assuming I've read all the other things properly this time around. Gonna go back and double-check just to be sure :v: .

Ha I made the same wrong assumption that she thunderdomed merk too at first.

I'm very torn on merk right now, I thought he was being fairly scummy in his attack on Asiina which seemed very flimsy, but on the other hand his reversal reads pretty town to me. I'm inclined to leave him alone for now though, I can usually pick up on his scum game later on and he's definitely great to have around when he's town and not tunneled.

Keane's gotten a lot more jokey this game than he has been recently which I THINK is more of a town-tell for him but a lot of people are seeing him as scum so maybe I need to wake up more (literally) and look at him harder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dick Bastardly posted:

I am what you think I am but reverse (opposite, you know what I mean)

I find it weird that this is how you respond to that post. Why would you feel the need to defend yourself from that "case" and why in such an awkward way?

• Locked thread