Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dancer posted:

It has no relevance to the outcome, but it tells us what information you had when you made your decision.

fair I think, it was June 26, 2:50 PM est (GMT-5)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

disregarding the heist math that i will examine in more depth tomorrow irl, i'm thinking ##vote anarc

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Wait DB since when do you think I’m town?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Retro Futurist posted:

DB is also scum. Not sure about moat, kind of cooled on him

since this post

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Retro Futurist posted:

Wait DB since when do you think I’m town?

This is what I was driving at with my post which DB IGNORED

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Moatillata posted:

This is what I was driving at with my post which DB IGNORED

See above

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dick. Dick I’m not sure I believe you

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'm thinking RF and Mona are my favorites for town. Everyone else is in the grey area of uncertainty.

FWIW I agree with DB that rf and Mona are town. I’ll add moat to that list as well

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Retro Futurist posted:

You really should. Put me on the chopping block and I'll claim but know that if my death is in vain you'll carry the burden.

Who are your towniest towns RF?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i've been suspicious of anarc since d1 and the whiffed hammer

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

b-minus1 posted:

FWIW I agree with DB that rf and Mona are town. I’ll add moat to that list as well

Why the hell would you think I'm town I was Mia the entirety of D2

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Captain Foo posted:

i've been suspicious of anarc since d1 and the whiffed hammer

Could you compile your thoughts on scum in town in something easy to read and reference?

Perhaps a list of some kind

One where you lump some people into a town read and others into a scum read

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'm thinking RF and Mona are my favorites for town. Everyone else is in the grey area of uncertainty.

Sorry I missed this dicky b

I don't get opop being a townie town read

He's null at best imo

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Retro Futurist posted:

Why do you not believe him

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Frankly I don’t know why anyone would think I was town. I mean I wouldn’t say I’ve done anything scummy obviously, but I don’t feel like I’ve done anything very towny

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Smooth Criminal
Captain Foo

Qualified Crooks
Monathin
Dancer

Nonchalant Nudniks
Retro Futurist
Moat
Hal
b-minus1

Bastards on the Beat
ANarc
Dick B
Asiina

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Captain Foo posted:

Smooth Criminal
Captain Foo

Qualified Crooks
Monathin
Dancer

Nonchalant Nudniks
Retro Futurist
Moat
Hal
b-minus1

Bastards on the Beat
ANarc
Dick B
Asiina

I don't agree with your Dickie B assumption, but I would like to hear a case on ASiina, as I've had lingering suspicious rereading content.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Retro Futurist posted:

Frankly I don’t know why anyone would think I was town. I mean I wouldn’t say I’ve done anything scummy obviously, but I don’t feel like I’ve done anything very towny

Then I must be reading into things that really aren't there.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yes I’m inclined to agree

##vote db I think he’s making this read up (he knows I’m town so it’s easy to do without a reason). I think he got lucky with the heist and then decided to pull a resistance and let the first one succeed to build some goodwill

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Retro Futurist posted:

Yes Im inclined to agree

##vote db I think hes making this read up (he knows Im town so its easy to do without a reason). I think he got lucky with the heist and then decided to pull a resistance and let the first one succeed to build some goodwill

I do not agree with this reasoning.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Moatillata posted:

I agree, I did find it suspicious that you were mia yesterday. Thoght you might be lurking scum

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
If you really want to know where my head was at, I read breadcrumbs (that you didn't intentionally leave apparently) that you are a cop (in the traditional sense, "town" cop) and that you were sure I was scum. Thus I responded with my own breadcrumbs in kind to tell you why I'm not what you probably thought I was.

Anyway, I haven't re-read a whole lot yet, but I would like to know what motivated capt foo to vote AN (not that I agree or disagree)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

If you really want to know where my head was at, I read breadcrumbs (that you didn't intentionally leave apparently) that you are a cop (in the traditional sense, "town" cop) and that you were sure I was scum. Thus I responded with my own breadcrumbs in kind to tell you why I'm not what you probably thought I was.

Anyway, I haven't re-read a whole lot yet, but I would like to know what motivated capt foo to vote AN (not that I agree or disagree)

What? Is this like a weird miller claim?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Retro Futurist posted:

What? Is this like a weird miller claim?

p much

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dick Bastardly posted:

if you don't agree or disagree then why do you care what my reasoning is

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah that also sounds made up

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Captain Foo posted:

if you don't agree or disagree then why do you care what my reasoning is

so i can judge you

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Retro Futurist posted:

lunch me then and find out

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

lunch me then and find out

Deal

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Am I even in this game?

I have no recollection of any opinions I had in this game.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

:siren: Lurker Alert! :siren:

Since the game has been pretty quiet lately I'm going to crack down on the 10-post minimum rule to encourage some of our "shier" posters to share their opinions and keep the game moving. Below is a chart of the daily post counts, in ascending order of total posts (higher posters omitted). If any player had less than 10 posts on D1 or D2, the criminal underworld has noted their absence and is worried they may have been talking to the police. This is their warning: If they don't get their D3 total to at least 10 good posts today, they may be hung out to dry and may be free-lynched for the rest of the game. (If they are lynched, the day doesn't end).

For players that have met their posting requirements on D1 and D2, I've also noted if you are below on D3. You won't be free lynchable if you don't hit your target today, but you may be eligible if you miss a future day as well.

There's plenty of time left to get active, make some reads, post some cases, and participate in the discussions to revitalize this game. I don't like to have to enforce post limits but its not fair to the other players to expect to make reads on people that are absent. Also, please don't post filler or I just won't count those posts.

code:
Bminus
11 d1
7 d2  warning
2 d3 danger!

AN
15 d1
11 d2
0 d3 warning

RF
11 d1
9 d2 warning
7 d3 danger!

Hal 
14 d1
19 d2
0 d3 warning

Dancer
19 d1
9 d2 warning
5 d3 danger!

Moat 
22 d1
4 d2 warning
6 d3 danger!

Asiina
10 d1
25 d2
1 d3 warning

Foo
20 d1
14 d2
3 d3 warning

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

I disagree, that seems way too convoluted to make up. I can’t see where he accurately explained how he thought you may have sabotaged the heist but also are one of his top town reads, did I miss something?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

Am I even in this game?

I have no recollection of any opinions I had in this game.

Interesting, you had enough opinions to want to thunderdome someone just yesterday! But don’t forget you thought I was the best.

Really though are you being flippant or can you genuinely not remember what you’ve been doing this game?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Moatillata posted:

Or for that matter RF, who has nothing that seems town to me except for the fact that the heist went good. But would scum really want to be put in a pool of three potential scums?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Monathin posted:

I don't agree with your Dickie B assumption, but I would like to hear a case on ASiina, as I've had lingering suspicious rereading content.

wtf i prefer your old av

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

quickly, i just re-read asiina's ? and it seems like she just doesn't want to play and is fluctuating in and out

i get that there's a lot of people on the danger list, me included! but imo if you look at her posts she actively admits she isn't paying attention and doesn't care, which is why she e.g. wanted to thunderdome (thunderdomes are bad and stupid)

i hate making meta arguments especially on d3 but iirc asiina hates playing as scum, so

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Merk is tunneling me on the case that I sounded awkward. Check any game I've been town in and you'll see the exact same poo poo. People think I'm scummy. They lynch me. I flip town.

The exact same thing is going to happen here if you guys listen to Merk.

I really wonder about his motivations here. It seems stupid if he were scum to tunnel me on d1 bc once I flip town it makes him look bad. Now I think maybe he has a target type role where he has to lead a lynch on me as a wincon

The point of my post was that I don't think merk is scum bc of the way he's tunneling me. I'd either say he's wrong town or 3p

this is a defense of merk but a lot of it "if i were scum i wouldn't lynch me because i'm town and that would look bad" which is not good argument

I'm not gonna be around for deadline. Who should I vote? Leaning AA

trying to absolve responsibility for a townie lynch

but then this is 15 minutes before deadline and 2 minutes after the hammer - something about this whole series of posts and post timings really rubbed me the wrong way

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

like, trying to look like they were engaged but also not actually having to be responsible for the vote

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

otoh, that entire db/rf exchange was :confused: ending in a...miller claim by Dick? :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Hal Incandenza posted:

Or for that matter RF, who has nothing that seems town to me except for the fact that the heist went good. But would scum really want to be put in a pool of three potential scums?

If this is directed at me, I will once again agree with you about RF, who I initially was suspicious of during d1. I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make in your second sentence.

• Locked thread