Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
After re-reading myself, I think I'd be willing to vote Asiina tbh

Asiina went after Keane (on D1? maybe D2) whom I believe is more likely town than not due his un-challenged or otherwise un-refuted claim.
She did mention a "plague" she contracted, thus leaving an excuse for lack of participation due to rolling loathe scum this game, as Foo has pointed out, as a part of her meta.
She also used AA's flip as a way to gain town cred which, along with the other thing previously listed, does seem to pint to a shady Asiina.

I should be available at least once more before deadline tonight to re-assess the game and go from there, but I think I would feel comfortable voting Asiina at this point. I won't however pending further discussion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
"re-reading myself" was a poor choice of words

"I have also re-read, and..." is what I meant

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dick Bastardly posted:

After re-reading myself, I think I'd be willing to vote Asiina tbh

Asiina went after Keane (on D1? maybe D2) whom I believe is more likely town than not due his un-challenged or otherwise un-refuted claim.
She did mention a "plague" she contracted, thus leaving an excuse for lack of participation due to rolling loathe scum this game, as Foo has pointed out, as a part of her meta.
She also used AA's flip as a way to gain town cred which, along with the other thing previously listed, does seem to pint to a shady Asiina.

I should be available at least once more before deadline tonight to re-assess the game and go from there, but I think I would feel comfortable voting Asiina at this point. I won't however pending further discussion.

:thunk: find the huge problem here

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Captain Foo posted:

:thunk: find the huge problem here

other than a few typos I'm not seeing what your getting at.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I also went after Keane

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I ALSO WENT AFTER KEANE GUUYUUUUUUUUUUUUUYS

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dick Bastardly posted:

other than a few typos I'm not seeing what your getting at.

why don't you know keane's alignment

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
ok, so the Keane point is garbage. Forget it.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
obvs we know hes town and his claim was true because he flipped. So the point still has legs.

it was a glitch in my defunct brain that I thought he was still alive.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

or you're not paying attention and trying to make up points that don't require the game state to matter to be true

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
The foundation of my argument is the same however wrong the details are. In mind I was justifying my argument thinking Keane was alive because I am retarded and not paying attention or remembering key details.

If you think I'm scum, vote for me.
If you think I'm the worst dumbest town ever to play the game, then I ask that you live with the self loathing of not voting me thank you.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i can think you're scummy and not have to vote you because i'm voting someone who i think is worse

which is what i'm doing rn

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This is probably a town tell for Asiina unfortunately.

Anon, we let you live to D3 so how about you prove why that was a good thing?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Retro Futurist posted:

o rly

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Captain Foo posted:

wtf i prefer your old av

I'll probably change back in a few weeks after SGDQ dies down, don't worry.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Retro Futurist posted:

Would like to hear the case for this?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

As scum she’ll lurk, but it feels more towny to just completely throw in the towel like this.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

Interesting, you had enough opinions to want to thunderdome someone just yesterday! But don’t forget you thought I was the best.

Really though are you being flippant or can you genuinely not remember what you’ve been doing this game?

I did actually forget, but reading cases against me I remember now.

I didn't use my being right about AA for town cred, I just refuted ANarc trying to use it as evidence I was scum, which I still stand by. Not being taken in by a bad case doesn't make me scum. DB using that against me as well also looks bad.

That said yeah, I'm pretty disengaged.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Aahhh sorry guys I somehow ended up in 3 games at once. I don't know how people do this. I usually only do 1 at a time.

Ok I was wrong about Keane but I still stand by my logic in thinking he was scum. My vote on AA after hammer happened bc I had the page open for a while and didn't check it.

I'm gonna reread and post more

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Dick Bastardly (1): Retro Futurist
AnonymousNarcotics (1): Captain Foo

Not Voting (8): AnonymousNarcotics, Asiina, b-minus1, Dancer, Dick Bastardly, Hal Incandenza, Moatillata, Monathin

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 29th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 9 hours, 12 minutes.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Aahhh sorry guys I somehow ended up in 3 games at once. I don't know how people do this. I usually only do 1 at a time.

Ok I was wrong about Keane but I still stand by my logic in thinking he was scum. My vote on AA after hammer happened bc I had the page open for a while and didn't check it.

I'm gonna reread and post more

:allears:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Oh, deadline is tonight.

Okay well the best I've got is ANarc's bad and nonsensical case yesterday.

##vote ANarc

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

ha my thoughts exactly.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Gut thoughts: I don't like how much Dick B was looking into fluff. We've been given hard numbers for how the heist works, I am very tempted to assume that in that case, fluff is entirely irrelevant. I also think that (at least for now, before a meta has settled) both scum and town heist leaders have an incentive to pick town for their team, so I'm leaning town on the people picked (yes, this is self-serving; I can't help genuinely having this opinion).

Miller claim is obviously also shady, though I am inclined to believe that the idea of someone being detected as scum when they're not fits this theme rather well.

I also think that, personally, if I were miller and I thought someone was breadcrumbing that they had copped me, I would immediately claim miller. This way I do what I can to defend against the scum result without revealing/rolefishing the person who got the result.

Preliminary ##vote Dicky B , though I will re-assess before deadline.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Captain Foo posted:

or you're not paying attention and trying to make up points that don't require the game state to matter to be true

idk, seemed like an honest mistake to me. the miller claim is definitely sus however.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Retro Futurist posted:

DB is also scum. Not sure about moat, kind of cooled on him

For whatever it's worth, this post is only a few hours before the time DB claims to have submitted his team. This is the post he claims turned his read on RF to town, and it makes sense that a "fresh" town read would particularly incline him to take that person on a heist. So his story holds there.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

So here's why I don't like the people focusing on Dicky B is because of the way Heists work.

I specifically mentioned there were only two people, flavor-wise, who should be taking me, as my Role PM explicitly states that I'm a massive liability on Heists. As in "about as much of a liability as scum", but vaguely implied that it could be somehow offset by the two flavor people I mentioned. (I asked Slam about this and they refused to elaborate, as is their right.)

We know that Heists are explicitly pro-town, because Scum carry a native -25% chance to the Heist's success.

The Heist was successful, which leads me to believe Dicky B is one of the two people I mentioned before, because they would have no reason to ring me as scum if they believed me when I said I was a liability.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Looking back, I am liking this case on Hal. And, looking at my own interactions with Hal:

Hal Incandenza posted:

That’s a pretty strong reaction to someone saying they are a little suspicious of someone else.
Trying to get people to vote for me, followed by:

Hal Incandenza posted:

It’s just seems overly dismissive
quiet back-pedalling so as to not be responsible if I'm bussed and flip town.
Also:

Hal Incandenza posted:

If I haven’t been investigated yet I’m sure I will be
Dissuading people from investigating him.

Later on:

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ha I made the same wrong assumption that she thunderdomed merk too at first.

I'm very torn on merk right now, I thought he was being fairly scummy in his attack on Asiina which seemed very flimsy, but on the other hand his reversal reads pretty town to me. I'm inclined to leave him alone for now though, I can usually pick up on his scum game later on and he's definitely great to have around when he's town and not tunneled.

Keane's gotten a lot more jokey this game than he has been recently which I THINK is more of a town-tell for him but a lot of people are seeing him as scum so maybe I need to wake up more (literally) and look at him harder.
Trying to buddy up to three different townies (2 confirmed). Revealing that "mistake" adds nothing to the conversation, other than attempting to gain my trust.

Looking back, I find this case stronger than the DB case.

##vote Hal

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Monathin posted:

I specifically mentioned there were only two people, flavor-wise, who should be taking me, as my Role PM explicitly states that I'm a massive liability on Heists. As in "about as much of a liability as scum", but vaguely implied that it could be somehow offset by the two flavor people I mentioned. (I asked Slam about this and they refused to elaborate, as is their right.)

It is implied in this that you believe those two characters to be town. Do you have good reason to believe that?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Dancer posted:

It is implied in this that you believe those two characters to be town. Do you have good reason to believe that?

Nothing concrete, but given the fact that Heists are explicitly pro-town by their design, coupled with the fact that those two characters are able to offset me being a bigger liability on heists (and therefor natively suspicious), I think it's a safe bet.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dancer posted:

Gut thoughts: I don't like how much Dick B was looking into fluff. We've been given hard numbers for how the heist works, I am very tempted to assume that in that case, fluff is entirely irrelevant. I also think that (at least for now, before a meta has settled) both scum and town heist leaders have an incentive to pick town for their team, so I'm leaning town on the people picked (yes, this is self-serving; I can't help genuinely having this opinion).

Miller claim is obviously also shady, though I am inclined to believe that the idea of someone being detected as scum when they're not fits this theme rather well.

I also think that, personally, if I were miller and I thought someone was breadcrumbing that they had copped me, I would immediately claim miller. This way I do what I can to defend against the scum result without revealing/rolefishing the person who got the result.

re: Miller claim

Yeah but that's not what happened; db "outed" rf when making his claim

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Monathin posted:

Nothing concrete, but given the fact that Heists are explicitly pro-town by their design, coupled with the fact that those two characters are able to offset me being a bigger liability on heists (and therefor natively suspicious), I think it's a safe bet.

I dunno the exact phrasing of your PM. Could it be an alternate explanation that you are offered as an "equalizer" for scum leaders?

As in "hey, so it sucks for you that you inherently make the heist harder to succeed, by nature of your identity, I'm willing to offer you this one way you can off-set that, if you succeed in identifying character X".

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

That's exactly my point. The outing of RF is an extra reason for me to be suspect of DB. I assumed that would be clear from my post.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

"there may be other factors" affecting heist success rate

what if one of those is "scum leader"

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Dancer posted:

I dunno the exact phrasing of your PM. Could it be an alternate explanation that you are offered as an "equalizer" for scum leaders?

As in "hey, so it sucks for you that you inherently make the heist harder to succeed, by nature of your identity, I'm willing to offer you this one way you can off-set that, if you succeed in identifying character X".

Not likely. The paraphrase is that I make it X% more likely the heist is to fail, but those two characters are hinted as people I could run with that would make things harder.

It's a very high chance, close to Scum's native 25% chance to fail a Heist. I would find it unlikely that a Heist could succeed with someone picking me up for a job while also being Scum.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dancer posted:

That's exactly my point. The outing of RF is an extra reason for me to be suspect of DB. I assumed that would be clear from my post.

Oh I see what you were saying, yeah :hf:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Monathin posted:

Not likely. The paraphrase is that I make it X% more likely the heist is to fail, but those two characters are hinted as people I could run with that would make things easier.

It's a very high chance, close to Scum's native 25% chance to fail a Heist. I would find it unlikely that a Heist could succeed with someone picking me up for a job while also being Scum.

mafia edit.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dancer posted:

I did claim in my own cryptic way.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Monathin posted:

So here's why I don't like the people focusing on Dicky B is because of the way Heists work.

We know that Heists are explicitly pro-town, because Scum carry a native -25% chance to the Heist's success.

The Heist was successful, which leads me to believe Dicky B is one of the two people I mentioned before, because they would have no reason to ring me as scum if they believed me when I said I was a liability.

Can confirm. I'm Alan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Captain Foo posted:

I don't think I did directly at first.

• Locked thread