Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
That sure was a post, Anon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Merk is tunneling me on the case that I sounded awkward. Check any game I've been town in and you'll see the exact same poo poo. People think I'm scummy. They lynch me. I flip town.

The exact same thing is going to happen here if you guys listen to Merk.

I really wonder about his motivations here. It seems stupid if he were scum to tunnel me on d1 bc once I flip town it makes him look bad. Now I think maybe he has a target type role where he has to lead a lynch on me as a wincon

Anonymousnarcotics posting from bminus1’s computer

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

More like AnonymousNarcissist

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

And none of you actually voted anarc for that, content to snipe about bad posting

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

anamal and fender are scum

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

fender= dancer thanks phone

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Merk is tunneling me on the case that I sounded awkward. Check any game I've been town in and you'll see the exact same poo poo. People think I'm scummy. They lynch me. I flip town.

I really wonder about his motivations here. It seems stupid if he were scum to tunnel me on d1 bc once I flip town it makes him look bad. Now I think maybe he has a target type role where he has to lead a lynch on me as a wincon

Or maybe merk is just wrong, and you're town, but if you're immediately saying M-M-MAYBE MERK IS A 3P TRYING TO PLAY TO WINCON on day 1 I think you're desperately trying to deflect and it's not looking good for you either.

I actually don't think that's as scummy as everyone else thinks you do, precisely because this seems like too dumb a move for scum to make in any reasonable capacity on Day 1.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

This looks bad. If you deflected in some other way I think I'd believe you, but what leads you to believe his wincon is tied to yours. That seems like a stretch unless you have a similar role or reason to believe such a mechanic exists in this game.

I'd say this post of yours immediately raised your suspicion level.

This post, however, I like less, because unlike Anon, who is kinda flailing around and retailiating on merk's case, AA is kind of saying HM YES THIS MAKES YOU LOOK PRETTY SCUMMY FRIENDO, but hasn't actually decided to change his vote. It's a sort of white noise post meant to throw a "me too" on a clearly suspicious target and make them easier to push.

In fact. ##vote AA

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Captain Foo posted:

And none of you actually voted anarc for that, content to snipe about bad posting

oh hey i didn't even see this while I was writing my reply, good to see someone else is on the same page

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Also I'll be leaving soon and won't be back before deadline

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hi I am going to be out, out COMMITING CRIMES (because I am a criminal you see) and I won't be around either. Happy with my vote on AA.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Monathin posted:

Or maybe merk is just wrong, and you're town, but if you're immediately saying M-M-MAYBE MERK IS A 3P TRYING TO PLAY TO WINCON on day 1 I think you're desperately trying to deflect and it's not looking good for you either.

I actually don't think that's as scummy as everyone else thinks you do, precisely because this seems like too dumb a move for scum to make in any reasonable capacity on Day 1.

This post, however, I like less, because unlike Anon, who is kinda flailing around and retailiating on merk's case, AA is kind of saying HM YES THIS MAKES YOU LOOK PRETTY SCUMMY FRIENDO, but hasn't actually decided to change his vote. It's a sort of white noise post meant to throw a "me too" on a clearly suspicious target and make them easier to push.

In fact. ##vote AA

That is neither the tone or intent of that post and you are either deliberately misreading it or not paying attention.

Also new suspicion doesn't necessarily warrant a vote, and is in no way a me too.

I've addressed anarc before.

Here, even confirming a willingness to vote...

Well, I legitimately think DB reacted weird initially to some d1 joke play.

Anarc' s meta self defense is bad. I've seen her use the make it to day 2 as both alignments though.

Would vote either.

And...

It is alignment neutral relative to her meta, but play suspicious in general.

It's a weak case and I feel stronger about DB, but I imagine scum are probably lurking or middling on d1 in general.

Then of course the actual post you call a white noise me too

This looks bad. If you deflected in some other way I think I'd believe you, but what leads you to believe his wincon is tied to yours. That seems like a stretch unless you have a similar role or reason to believe such a mechanic exists in this game.

I call out new evidence in the thread. That's not white noise, anarc is low-key accusing merk of being an executioner.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I call out new evidence in the thread. That's not white noise, anarc is low-key accusing merk of being an executioner.

Can you address, simply, for the sake of the thread, why a scum would accuse anyone of being a 3P this early in the game and deliberately draw attention to themselves in such a way?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Like, accusing people of being 3Ps is the easiest way to fake scumhunting as scum is an easy out, sure, but the idea anarch would invoke that day 1 is absolutely madness-inducing.

Also, willingness to vote does not equate the sameness of putting a vote down, especially on deadline day. Don't be obtuse, you know that.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

To address you post in plain and simple terms, you are equating the idea of calling merk a 3P executioner to the idea that they most know something about the game state that town does not.

Let me flip this on its head for you, in a very simple question. Why would Anarc ever hint at this information as scum, to the point of all but making an alignment declaration, especially this early, when all scum have to do is lie low and execute a townie based on a bad case?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Monathin posted:

Can you address, simply, for the sake of the thread, why a scum would accuse anyone of being a 3P this early in the game and deliberately draw attention to themselves in such a way?

That's what I'm trying to figure out, don't be dense.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

That's what I'm trying to figure out, don't be dense.

You're not trying to figure anything out. Your post smacks of opportunity and you're trying to push a target a lot of people are already suspicious of.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Monathin posted:

To address you post in plain and simple terms, you are equating the idea of calling merk a 3P executioner to the idea that they most know something about the game state that town does not.

Let me flip this on its head for you, in a very simple question. Why would Anarc ever hint at this information as scum, to the point of all but making an alignment declaration, especially this early, when all scum have to do is lie low and execute a townie based on a bad case?

That's not even remotely true....

What are you even on about now.

Im saying anarc looks bad for making a post that effectively calls merk an executioner.

Read. Don't just vomit nonsense.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Monathin posted:

You're not trying to figure anything out. Your post smacks of opportunity and you're trying to push a target a lot of people are already suspicious of.

That's not even true, like a little. Take your blinders off and re-read

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote mona

Over extending scum

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Monathin posted:

Like, accusing people of being 3Ps is the easiest way to fake scumhunting as scum is an easy out, sure, but the idea anarch would invoke that day 1 is absolutely madness-inducing.

Also, willingness to vote does not equate the sameness of putting a vote down, especially on deadline day. Don't be obtuse, you know that.

You’re right. He’s being too scummy to be scum.

Wait a second.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
But: ##vote AA. He’s not even trying to understand the intent or thought process in posts he’s reading. He’s just lashing out defensively.

It’s like Stassi in season 5 when she goes off on Scheana for apologizing to LaLa when she wasn’t even at the conversation when it happened.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Is this bizarro world, am I being trolled right now?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Nah man, this is ~real life~

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

merk posted:

Nah man, this is ~real life~

Well open your eyes, look up to the sky and see that mona is full of poo poo.

Anarc probably is too given mona' s aggressive deflection onto me over a perceived me too on Anarc.

I mean read the bolded bit where I explain what mona is intentionally misconstruing. She effectively suggests that you are an executioner and disappears. That's not me too.

That's me, after having previously voiced suspicion on her, also still having reason to find more suspicion. I was hoping she'd come back, but probably scum.

I'll say this now in the event that I get dunked, if she's not scum mona could be town/could be scum, if she is scum, mona is almost certainly scum given their performance here.

Im going to go ahead and vote anarc, because suggesting you have a non town player specific wincon for no reason is strange.

It's not a me too. This suspicion or willingness to vote isn't new. The only obtuse person in this situation would be mona if they are town, but they probably arent.

##vote anarc

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Willing to say DB, moat was probably town slapfight.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I generally find that people making up insane theories like ANarc are almost always town

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

I generally find that people making up insane theories like ANarc are almost always town

Put all that aside, weigh in on mona calling me out for an artificial me too that doesn't exist.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Or any previously mentioned questions

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Where did ANarc suggest they had a non town specific wincon, they seem to only suggest that about merk

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Ah, I thought you were voting me too. Hence the extra aggro lol my bad. Would you mind weighing in? :allears:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

Where did ANarc suggest they had a non town specific wincon, they seem to only suggest that about merk

That's what I'm getting at
She suggests that about merk unprompted.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Put all that aside, weigh in on mona calling me out for an artificial me too that doesn't exist.

I’m trying to follow all that now, it’s very confusing to me

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Like what about this game up to this point would lead her to believe that as a possibility?

Worse, why is mona framing me questioning that as a me too on her?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

That's what I'm getting at
She suggests that about merk unprompted.

I dunno I feel like that happens often enough and isn’t particularly scummy just wildly speculative

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
The point of my post was that I don't think merk is scum bc of the way he's tunneling me. I'd either say he's wrong town or 3p

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Like what about this game up to this point would lead her to believe that as a possibility?

Worse, why is mona framing me questioning that as a me too on her?

Hmmm is that what this is about

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hal Incandenza posted:

That is, in effect, the crux of my argument, and I think AA knows that, and is now latching onto the fact that I called out their pile onto ANarc as obviously false by trying to extrapolate specific wording. When my case is intrinsically AA is not actually, in good faith, examining why a scum would stick their neck out like that on that post. Just basically going "yep tag 'em and bag 'em boys this guy knows more than we do, gotta be scum."

merk posted:

Youre right. Hes being too scummy to be scum.

Wait a second.

There is obviously WIFOM to be had but I feel like if you follow the actual argument that happened there's no reason in the world a scum ANarc would have made that post with suspicion already on them, and AA's OMGUS on me calling out their reaction as bad is the icing on the cake.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Very specific wincon suggestion.

I specifically address what I find concerning about her post.

Monathin posted:

In fact. ##vote AA

So I want to point out some word choice that indicates in mona' s own post that it would be reasonable for me to address anarc like I did.

"Kind of saying", serves as a preface to poorly and deliberately skew what I actually said.

"...hasn't decided to...", meaning I still have a choice to make or had and it's suspicious that I haven't made a choice that is in line with exactly what they are suggesting.

"...white noise...me too..." and this is simply just not accurate. Totally false. Fine keeping a vote on mona.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I would love to here more linguistic analysis from you, AA. I'm sure it is very insightful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Also, extremely lol at the idea that they commented they were fine voting ANarc as their only defense, then when given sufficient additional evidence to vote them, did not, in fact, vote them.

Instead, they vote me, for calling out the fact that they didn't vote. Which lends credence to the fact that AA was waiting to see more people pile on ANarc before dropping a vote.

• Locked thread