Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I am ALWAYS down for heists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hello fellow crimes, I too, enjoy crime

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

##vote keane

No I'm not

this is hella forced, just saying

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Like even as a Jokephase vote (which we are not in, because keane killed jokephase (rip)) that vote is pretty Not Great.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Dick Bastardly posted:

This is all bad.

Standard D1 fare. I approve.

unfortunately being very bad at Mafia is alignment-neutral for AA in particular

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Yeah this is a crock of poo poo. I may do dumb things, but I'm fairly good at this game overall.

false, no one is ever good at mafia.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

This is a bad callout lol

it really isn't. it's a continuation of a "joke" "vote". doubling down on it as an attempt to play off suspicion when keane naturally called suspicion to it.

or, in one word.

forced.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Normally, I'd say I find your behavior more suspicious mona

I didn't put down a vote because I don't feel particularly compelled by it, but I think someone playing off joke phase nervously is one of the first hints of insincerity.

insincerity = scum play.

I called it out exactly as much as it should be, in my honest opinion, your mileage may vary, et cetera.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Dick Bastardly posted:

First post since start of game.

Smacks of *reads generic vanilla PM posted by mod in-thread*

"It's me, the crime doer, I'm totally town, like... can't you tell?"

By contrast: This is a bad Dickie B post, but I feel as if it is a very townie bad Dickie B post.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Asiina posted:

I hate this half-jokephase-phase.

:agreed:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'm just here to have some fun and ride the high.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Anyone calling for a scum team this early is dumb.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Merk is tunneling me on the case that I sounded awkward. Check any game I've been town in and you'll see the exact same poo poo. People think I'm scummy. They lynch me. I flip town.

The exact same thing is going to happen here if you guys listen to Merk.

I really wonder about his motivations here. It seems stupid if he were scum to tunnel me on d1 bc once I flip town it makes him look bad. Now I think maybe he has a target type role where he has to lead a lynch on me as a wincon

Or maybe merk is just wrong, and you're town, but if you're immediately saying M-M-MAYBE MERK IS A 3P TRYING TO PLAY TO WINCON on day 1 I think you're desperately trying to deflect and it's not looking good for you either.

I actually don't think that's as scummy as everyone else thinks you do, precisely because this seems like too dumb a move for scum to make in any reasonable capacity on Day 1.

This looks bad. If you deflected in some other way I think I'd believe you, but what leads you to believe his wincon is tied to yours. That seems like a stretch unless you have a similar role or reason to believe such a mechanic exists in this game.

I'd say this post of yours immediately raised your suspicion level.

This post, however, I like less, because unlike Anon, who is kinda flailing around and retailiating on merk's case, AA is kind of saying HM YES THIS MAKES YOU LOOK PRETTY SCUMMY FRIENDO, but hasn't actually decided to change his vote. It's a sort of white noise post meant to throw a "me too" on a clearly suspicious target and make them easier to push.

In fact. ##vote AA

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Captain Foo posted:

And none of you actually voted anarc for that, content to snipe about bad posting

oh hey i didn't even see this while I was writing my reply, good to see someone else is on the same page

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I call out new evidence in the thread. That's not white noise, anarc is low-key accusing merk of being an executioner.

Can you address, simply, for the sake of the thread, why a scum would accuse anyone of being a 3P this early in the game and deliberately draw attention to themselves in such a way?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Like, accusing people of being 3Ps is the easiest way to fake scumhunting as scum is an easy out, sure, but the idea anarch would invoke that day 1 is absolutely madness-inducing.

Also, willingness to vote does not equate the sameness of putting a vote down, especially on deadline day. Don't be obtuse, you know that.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

To address you post in plain and simple terms, you are equating the idea of calling merk a 3P executioner to the idea that they most know something about the game state that town does not.

Let me flip this on its head for you, in a very simple question. Why would Anarc ever hint at this information as scum, to the point of all but making an alignment declaration, especially this early, when all scum have to do is lie low and execute a townie based on a bad case?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

That's what I'm trying to figure out, don't be dense.

You're not trying to figure anything out. Your post smacks of opportunity and you're trying to push a target a lot of people are already suspicious of.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hal Incandenza posted:

I generally find that people making up insane theories like ANarc are almost always town

That is, in effect, the crux of my argument, and I think AA knows that, and is now latching onto the fact that I called out their pile onto ANarc as obviously false by trying to extrapolate specific wording. When my case is intrinsically AA is not actually, in good faith, examining why a scum would stick their neck out like that on that post. Just basically going "yep tag 'em and bag 'em boys this guy knows more than we do, gotta be scum."

merk posted:

Youre right. Hes being too scummy to be scum.

Wait a second.

There is obviously WIFOM to be had but I feel like if you follow the actual argument that happened there's no reason in the world a scum ANarc would have made that post with suspicion already on them, and AA's OMGUS on me calling out their reaction as bad is the icing on the cake.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I would love to here more linguistic analysis from you, AA. I'm sure it is very insightful.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Also, extremely lol at the idea that they commented they were fine voting ANarc as their only defense, then when given sufficient additional evidence to vote them, did not, in fact, vote them.

Instead, they vote me, for calling out the fact that they didn't vote. Which lends credence to the fact that AA was waiting to see more people pile on ANarc before dropping a vote.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

##vote mona

Anarc could still be scum, but mona is making a play here and has directly opposed themselves with me.

It's almost as if I don't call you out for what was obviously a bad comment on a target who you could push for an easy execute, you'll get away with it. Even if the thread turns on me I've raised enough stink to be sure people are going to be looking at you twice over.

Dunk me if you want, I'll even claim before hammer if it looks like vote swings that way. I'm pretty drat positive you're scum by your now constant attempts to lash out defensively (including two OMGUS votes, nice), plus your attempt to say I'm wrong because I called it a me too, maybe I should have called it dogpiling, then? They mean the same thing, in my eyes, it's still scum trying to get an easy dunk, and you aren't arguing in good faith with anyone here. I don't know what Asiina sees, but you're scum and I'm 100% willing to put myself on the chopping block today if it means seeing that out.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Also if we wanna get really technical your post was also rolefishing as in "YOU MUST HAVE SOMETHING THAT TELLS YOU THAT'S WHAT MERK IS", instead of what it clearly was to anyone with half a brain: blatant speculation.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

So now you ridicule my intelligence, trying to further provoke an emotional response and apply whatever sticks to secure your mislynch on me.

Scum101.txt

I could say the same thing about you banging your war drum about a small part of my overall case that you keep yelling about as if you'll get the thread to rally to your side if you say it loud enough.

But I don't need to convince scum they're scum.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Votecount for Day 1

Anomalous Amalgam (5): Captain Foo, CCKeane, Monathin, merk, Retro Futurist
CCKeane (4): AnonymousNarcotics, King Burgundy, AnonymousNarcotics, AnonymousNarcotics, Asiina, Dancer
Retro Futurist (3): b-minus1, Moatillata, Dick Bastardly
Monathin (1): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
Dancer (1): Dancer, Hal Incandenza, Dancer
Moatillata (0): Dancer, Retro Futurist, Retro Futurist, Dancer
King Burgundy (0): CCKeane, merk, merk, AnonymousNarcotics, AnonymousNarcotics, CCKeane
Dick Bastardly (0): Moatillata, Anomalous Amalgam, Retro Futurist, Moatillata, Retro Futurist, Anomalous Amalgam
merk (0): King Burgundy, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, King Burgundy, Moatillata, Moatillata
AnonymousNarcotics (0): merk, b-minus1, b-minus1, merk, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam

Not Voting (0):

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 23rd, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 58 minutes.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I feel satisfied with my AA vote today, and think it's the proper vote for today. I am notably weirdly not very suspicious of Keane, and would rather not change my vote to him.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

That puts AA at -2, ftr.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I would very much prefer if we did not have a no-execute.

30 minutes to deadline.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Moatillata posted:

Literally hiding in the bathroom to make deadline

Youre welcome everyone

You're a hero and a scholar, Moat.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Anyway that's -1, still need a hammer vote.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Im here I can do it if no one has anything to add

bring it home, Hal.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

:redhammer:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hm. Well. That's interesting.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

So quick note, either there's also a scum roleblocker or a 3p Amnesiac picked up AA's role.

I say this, because, naturally, I got roleblocked.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I also would like to say that I'm a liability for Heists, and that only Alan or Neil should pick me to run with them. Everyone else is better off passing me over.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

merk posted:

Maybe we should see who was pushing the AA lynch?

:thunk:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Dick Bastardly posted:

I have gut feels about Keane and merk.

I think mona, albeit wrong, was casing AA in a way that I think is towny. I think the effort is what makes mona look better to me.

Would still vote RF.

I'm curious to know if Asiina agrees with me about mona or not.

why would asiina need to agree with you about whether I look suspicious or not :confused:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah in light of my information about a second roleblocker I would say Asiina's read on me is kinda extremely hedgey, but on the other hand, Asiina was one of the few people staying off the AA vote.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Catching up now.

Captain Foo posted:

yeah those are some strangely specific causes for an action failing, monathin

My PM said I was "prevented", not that my action failed. Hence my assumption at Amnesiac or a secondary roleblocker.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

merk posted:

Both of these posts stick out to me. 1) I would never claim that I was Roleblocked as town unless it had a clear purpose, but I could see myself claiming it as scum to appear helpful; and 2) How is this second post helpful at all?

This first post I felt was important to note specifically because AA flipped town Roleblocker. Operating on the assumption I had, I felt it good for people to know in the thread. I'm keeping the 3P Amnesiac angle open because I've seen it in at least one game so it's something I could see Slamburger including if the flavor made sense (I haven't seen Heat, so.)

The second post serves a purpose only to the person doing the Heist mechanic tonight, as I present a substantial risk to town due to my loose cannon nature without those factors in play. It is also a bit self-serving in that I have reason to want to be on the Heists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Keane, buddy, I'm doing a read, and I'm starting to think that... you might be scum.

• Locked thread