Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am here to be cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

Merk is the scum. Death to Merk! :black101:

##vote Merk

Yeah ##vote merk gonna stick to my guns this time

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dancer posted:

If you guys don't get all of Santa's reindeer in there by the end of D2, you will have failed.

##vote Dancer, Texas Pop. 81

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I'm genuinely suspect of Keane's serious post so early in the game.

Also re:asiina lurking, afaik she primarily lurks as scum bc she doesn't like being scum. Thus may have changed but that was her meta at one point

Keane lately has decided that mafia is serious business and he has no time for joke phase

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

Anyway. Let’s lynch Anon.

merk what do you think about AA. He's come out pretty aggressive and confident this game which feels off to me after last game where he was falling back on "I'm so terrible at mafia guys jeez look at me I am lost"

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

You've just caught me at a good time. The chakra gates open. Stars align. Another meta hang up.

Address the content for what it is. It is poor to address my tone difference over what I've suggested.

"Doesn't he sound suspiciously different?" A weak, and easily employed scum stratagem. Do some real work.

Address the questions I raised about moat making a hypocritical case against RF by defending DB with opposing meta reasons.

Ah sorry yes sir I will get right on the assignment

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

"AA feels confident and is making sense....must be scum" is a very bad case.

But is he making sense? I'm still working on that report...

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

More like AnonymousNarcissist

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I generally find that people making up insane theories like ANarc are almost always town

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Where did ANarc suggest they had a non town specific wincon, they seem to only suggest that about merk

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Put all that aside, weigh in on mona calling me out for an artificial me too that doesn't exist.

I’m trying to follow all that now, it’s very confusing to me

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

That's what I'm getting at
She suggests that about merk unprompted.

I dunno I feel like that happens often enough and isn’t particularly scummy just wildly speculative

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Like what about this game up to this point would lead her to believe that as a possibility?

Worse, why is mona framing me questioning that as a me too on her?

Hmmm is that what this is about

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Monathin posted:

Anyway that's -1, still need a hammer vote.

I’m here I can do it if no one has anything to add

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote AA

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dick Bastardly posted:

I simply wanted to see how Asiina would react to the question. Her response was wishy washy imo.

Yeah she basically said she had no read. Also the roleblock bit seems pretty important to not mention

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dancer posted:

I'm p sure that exact same reasoning would apply to me. If your logic holds, you are basically claiming you've already found 2 of the probably 3 scum in the game (slight hyperb). I'd recommend re-assessing.

That’s a pretty strong reaction to someone saying they are a little suspicious of someone else.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dancer posted:

I will continue observing, but my top picks are basically the same as yesterday. Merk and CCKeane both look more scummy, and Moat less.

It would be nice if in later days some investigator role could look at Hal.

If I haven’t been investigated yet I’m sure I will be

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dancer posted:

It feels kind of silly to tell someone "that's pretty strong" when they specifically pointed out they were being hyperbolic for the sake of argument. I'd rather not go into arguing into what is and isn't a reasonable level of hyperbole there.

I was taking the presented argument to its extreme to highlight what I believe to be a flaw.

It’s just seems overly dismissive

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

What does my non-read have to do at all with Mona being roleblocked?

What does this mean?

Also fyi scum roleblockers exist but so do jailers.

I guess I think coming out with that info skews town and it seems strange to not mention it but if you are saying you were just talking about how you felt yesterday then that’s not really relevant

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

what a strange response

I’m pretty much a night action target in every game brah

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

why are people voting Asiina stop voting for her

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

She wants to thunderdome a player confirmed as town by night actions (I read my PM in the evening).

Oh really!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

I've been playing too much town of salem, I guess haha.

Still would like mona to clarify this if possible. Either way, keane looks pretty bad here.

##vote keane

wow not a huge fan of this post

I don't agree with the Asiina part (especially the interactions with Keane bit, none of that seems like a bus to me) but why don't YOU like it?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Asiina requesting a thunderdome seemed like a great way to bus and establish town cred if Keane flips scum

I just don't see two scum going that hard at each other D2 to the exclusion of all else when neither was in THAT much danger.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

I just don't see two scum going that hard at each other D2 to the exclusion of all else when neither was in THAT much danger.

But really my questions was more for b-minus, I think you are more wrong than scummy in that post

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dancer posted:

On the one hand :doh: (in my mind the thunderdome was you v merk not you v Keane), on the other hand that makes this easier. Feeling pretty ok with my vote right now... that is, assuming I've read all the other things properly this time around. Gonna go back and double-check just to be sure :v: .

Ha I made the same wrong assumption that she thunderdomed merk too at first.

I'm very torn on merk right now, I thought he was being fairly scummy in his attack on Asiina which seemed very flimsy, but on the other hand his reversal reads pretty town to me. I'm inclined to leave him alone for now though, I can usually pick up on his scum game later on and he's definitely great to have around when he's town and not tunneled.

Keane's gotten a lot more jokey this game than he has been recently which I THINK is more of a town-tell for him but a lot of people are seeing him as scum so maybe I need to wake up more (literally) and look at him harder.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dick Bastardly posted:

I am what you think I am but reverse (opposite, you know what I mean)

I find it weird that this is how you respond to that post. Why would you feel the need to defend yourself from that "case" and why in such an awkward way?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

What is a weak tracker?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

I really feel like you're scum. I'm trying to get you motivated to do something about being lynched because I'm not 100% sure, but you're not.

I guess I'm not even sure what you are seeing at this point. Lately you are just calling Keane scum because he isn't reacting how you think he should but he seems to just be doing what Keane almost always does when pressed, that is to say he jokes around and enjoys frustrating you.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

oh sure now he gives a serious answer

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I mean I wasn't very invested in my motive of getting AA killed, I made one post about them being weird this game I think and then I wasn't really around most of the day and never really voted anyone until I was back around at deadline. You even agreed he was being weird when I said it, geez.

And today I am just doing what I always do early in games. Do you think of me as someone who makes hard alignment calls until later in the game? I usually just prod with questions at stuff I don't like much and let other people analyze the answers or work off them until I am more confident in later days or have more time to dedicate to mafiaing.

Full disclosure I was on multiple flights yesterday all day then worked 12 hours overnight and have been in and out of sleep all day today before I work overnight again and then get on multiple flights again in the morning so I'm not at my sharpest and I'll probably be back asleep again soon but I will try to be less "worthless" in my reads/calls when I can.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I know, right?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

But can this old dog get you lynched? Stay tuned.

Thrilling!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

Yeah that also sounds made up

I disagree, that seems way too convoluted to make up. I can’t see where he accurately explained how he thought you may have sabotaged the heist but also are one of his top town reads, did I miss something?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

Am I even in this game?

I have no recollection of any opinions I had in this game.

Interesting, you had enough opinions to want to thunderdome someone just yesterday! But don’t forget you thought I was the best.

Really though are you being flippant or can you genuinely not remember what you’ve been doing this game?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Moatillata posted:

Why the hell would you think I'm town I was Mia the entirety of D2

Or for that matter RF, who has nothing that seems town to me except for the fact that the heist went good. But would scum really want to be put in a pool of three potential scums?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

would like you to clarify what you mean here

Sure if I were scum in a heist and I had a way to make the heist fail, I would be hesitant to do so because we would then know that one of the people on the heist was scum and especially in the early heists sooner or later you may well be in a position as the only unflipped player from that heist and be trapped. So I would be likely to let the heist succeed.

Unless there is something about heists I don't get and scum can influence them even if they aren't on them

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

If I were scum, I would not put any of my scumbros in the heist. Whatever bonus town might get from a heist succeeding is definitely better than casting suspicion on my teammates.

If the heists fail I don't think it will be because of the members of the heist.

See this implies there is something I don't know... maybe I need to pay more attention!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Captain Foo posted:

"if i were scum" posting isn't great

I mean if someone asks a question about what scum would do, how else can you answer? Kind of a worthless point in the context of what Asiina said

• Locked thread