Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Much better

Lead Psychiatry
Dec 22, 2004

I wonder if a soldier ever does mend a bullet hole in his coat?
https://twitter.com/CalebJHull/status/1027608302010753029

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
I have a bachelors degree in astrocomputation, but feel like I'm not really contributing just working these guild transport contracts. Plus my space recruiter says after three years, I can apply to be a veritech pilot. I'm thinking about enlisting in the space force, y/n?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

piL posted:

I have a bachelors degree in astrocomputation, but feel like I'm not really contributing just working these guild transport contracts. Plus my space recruiter says after three years, I can apply to be a veritech pilot. I'm thinking about enlisting in the space force, y/n?

My dude if you weren’t in another system I’d put you in touch with my recruiter. He got me a sweet deal where I’m currently enlisting on an open general contract, but he says that within two years I’ll be eligible to go for the 180X program, and from there, I should be a great candidate for Omega Force selection.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Too bad you're too old for Astartes geneseed implantation and hypnoindoctrination.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

RN I'm sitting a crater trying to figure out a politic way of telling staff his Garmin foretrex isn't going to get very good signal in the Mare Ingenii

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008

TO THE POSTER THAT DARES
TO DEBATE THIS WARM GALE
BEWARE OF FOUL WEATHER
TOWARD MADNESS, SET SAIL

Toshokan posted:

So that means that anyone who would use…a folding stock on an AK, piston AR, or any other gun…is a Nazi?

piL posted:

Don't fall for it. Space Force recruiters are the used spaceship salespeople of the space military.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss
After we arrived on Deimos, still groggy from the transport sedation, I activated my Facebook hand terminal to read a "Dear John" letter from my AIT girlfriend who had instead received orders to Luna.

Subsequent messages detailed her engagement, marriage, and births of her children.

8 year travel orders are a real bitch.

Sacrist65 fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Oct 3, 2018

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

I'm joining space force now.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
The best part is that their is literally no on to oppress in space so I won't have to worry about quagmires or war crimes.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

drilldo squirt posted:

The best part is that their is literally no on to oppress in space so I won't have to worry about quagmires or war crimes.

Wasting taxpayer dollars without worrying about the optics, the platonic ideal of defense spending

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Bitch, you would be getting positive optics. Imagine getting MIC funding and being able to tell people what you do, and also you would be able to live with yourself.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That's similar to what I was saying. Nobody can bring up civilian casualties

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You'll have privates in space, they'll find new and creative ways to kill themselves before you pass the moon on your way to Mars. Pvt. Shmuckatelli sucked out the air lock because he thought he could crack it to suck out this cigarette smoke. SPC Murphy took a nap in a reactor room and now it smells like a pig roast in there.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Slim Pickens posted:

Pvt. Shmuckatelli sucked out the air lock because he thought he could crack it to suck out this cigarette smoke.

At least, that's what we tell the family. The reality was a gruesome yet hilarious attempt at autoerotic asphyxiation.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

The Rat posted:

At least, that's what we tell the family. The reality was a gruesome yet hilarious attempt at autoerotic asphyxiation.

He'd probably get a few good pulls if he exhaled before opening the lock.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Honestly, jacking it in space till you froze in place/suffocated with your rear end hanging out and your hand gripping your dick till you fell into some gravity well would be a good way to go. You could be like that forever, long after mankind has died and the gay space clones that replaced us go the way of gay space clones, the very earth itself would be eaten by the life giving sun and you could still be out there mooning existence and giving yourself a handy.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Im only half kidding here as I would be willing to risk horrible space deaths if i get to be part of mankind figuring out how to get off this shithole.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I'm the bored 15 year tech sergeant giving a safety brief in powerpoint about airlock horseplay after the third drunken airman vacuum exposure incident this quarter

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Dec 6, 2018

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Gentlemen, it is a myth that sticking your dick in an airlock will make it longer.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

EBB posted:

Gentlemen, it is a myth that sticking your dick in an airlock will make it longer.

It will swell up like no ones loving business. But also might burst, I think. I have no idea, as I have no expertise in any biological or medical field.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

drilldo squirt posted:

It will swell up like no ones loving business. But also might burst, I think. I have no idea, as I have no expertise in any biological or medical field.

Post/username

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
I can tell you computers would have weird poo poo happen to the timing of their cycles, also time I think? All I know is the clocks are all weird and we drew a dick on mars. We've done all we needed to do to be quite honest.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
If mankind finds out we can't go to space we need to make Von Newman machines that draw penises on various objects and blast them in space.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

drilldo squirt posted:

Honestly, jacking it in space till you froze in place/suffocated with your rear end hanging out and your hand gripping your dick till you fell into some gravity well would be a good way to go. You could be like that forever, long after mankind has died and the gay space clones that replaced us go the way of gay space clones, the very earth itself would be eaten by the life giving sun and you could still be out there mooning existence and giving yourself a handy.

:flashfap:

Keep going almost there

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Syrian Lannister posted:

:flashfap:

Keep going almost there

forever

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

air mobility command is happy to announce that space-a flights are now available to uranus

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It's a bit tight due to cargo requirements, you're gonna have to just cram yourself in.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

drilldo squirt posted:

I can tell you computers would have weird poo poo happen to the timing of their cycles, also time I think? All I know is the clocks are all weird and we drew a dick on mars. We've done all we needed to do to be quite honest.

Is this true? I think I heard something about it being the case for satellites so I assume it's true

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is this true? I think I heard something about it being the case for satellites so I assume it's true

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.space.com/20813-mars-penis-spirit-rover-tracks.html

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Milo and POTUS posted:

It is true, I don't know if it's because time is all fucky in space but it's to a degree noticeable by on board clocks. Also never let the art world live down how a dick snuck in by a dude working for the government was the first piece of extra terran art. Never.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Once upon a time, when I had dreams, I wanted to design electronics for satellites so I'm slightly more aware of it than most.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

drilldo squirt posted:

It is true, I don't know if it's because time is all fucky in space but it's to a degree noticeable by on board clocks. Also never let the art world live down how a dick snuck in by a dude working for the government was the first piece of extra terran art. Never.

There's the Fallen Astronaut on the Moon, but yeah the first bit of art humanity put on a different planet is a cock-and-balls

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Times not funky in space, but it is different for geostationary satellites yeah. The speed difference isn't significant but they're apparently far enough out of the gravity well that it makes a difference. The real weird part about computers in space is how they need lots of redundancies and shielding because high energy photons can flip bits in memory and cause crashes and stuff

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

lost my stripes because i pissed hot for Ketracel-white

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Larry Parrish posted:

Times not funky in space, but it is different for geostationary satellites yeah. The speed difference isn't significant but they're apparently far enough out of the gravity well that it makes a difference. The real weird part about computers in space is how they need lots of redundancies and shielding because high energy photons can flip bits in memory and cause crashes and stuff

Yeah it's neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Hremsfeld posted:

There's the Fallen Astronaut on the Moon, but yeah the first bit of art humanity put on a different planet is a cock-and-balls

I'm going to classify that as the first space base memorial, as I like a cock and balls being the first thing drawn by humanity outside it's own planet.