Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be Brock's number one contender?
This poll is closed.
It'll be... wait, Corbin beat Balor? Clean!?! 36 16.07%
Definitely gonna be... wait, Corbin beat Balor? Clean!?! 33 14.73%
What the gently caress? Corbin beat Balor? Clean!?! 42 18.75%
Why the gently caress would they have Corbin beat Balor? Clean!?! 55 24.55%
Also Dolph Ziggler beat Seth Rollins for the IC Title!?! 58 25.89%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Onmi posted:

Stand up, leave. Leave the arena, give them nothing but empty seats. If you must give them your money, leave.

:lol: you think their ideal wouldn't be a situation where they get to do what they want and not have to worry about a crowd reacting the wrong way to it? That's their dream, a paradise

HHH gets to do all his 20 minute opening show promos without cuts to any fan looking like they crave death
Bayley doesn't have to ask why people are booing
Reigns and Dwayne don't end up looking confused as they both raise Reigns' hands to the heavens

If they could do this every week in front of an empty arena and it wouldn't negatively affect their finances, they would in an instant. They're probably one more billion dollar deal away from that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I will make a stand. I will not let the WWE touch my genitals.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Saint Freak posted:

I didn't watch Raw last night and it was rad and cool. I played Dark Souls 3 which I had been meaning to for like 2 years and it dropped to $20 for game+dlc on the playstation so I grabbed that up. I killed some kind of skeleton with amazing fashion sense and then got to fight a snake man in A Room That I Hate.

In conclusion, wrestlers should roll around their opponents to evade.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Where is Dana Brooke?

edit: i enjoy the burial of the revival, those guys were marks for themselves and bad at twitter

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Jun 19, 2018

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
"Asuka won't just be another wrestler"

She's another wrestler as gently caress. At least she'll actually get a belt at some point so she's not in The Finn Zone.

There needs to be an NWO with all the wasted NXT talents and when Bobby Roode tries to join him they stomp the poo poo out of him and Becky writes loser on his back with spray paint.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jun 19, 2018

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Blaise330 posted:

There needs to be an NWO with all the wasted NXT talents

Now where have I seen this before?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Blaise330 posted:

There needs to be an NWO with all the wasted NXT talents and when Bobby Roode tries to join him they stomp the poo poo out of him and Becky writes loser on his back with spray paint.

Well it has been 8 years so it meets The Cornette Timeline for Reusing Wrestling Storylines

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Ziggler vs Rollins was a really good match IMO - I’m not sure they’ve ever had a televised singles match before. They were really good together in the home stretch of SS14 so it’s not a huge surprise this was good.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Natural 20 posted:

Now where have I seen this before?

The Nexus got wasted AFTER they formed the group, not before.

Not saying NWOXT wont be too though...

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Blaise330 posted:

Nexus?

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

jesus WEP posted:

Ziggler vs Rollins was a really good match IMO - I’m not sure they’ve ever had a televised singles match before. They were really good together in the home stretch of SS14 so it’s not a huge surprise this was good.

Everything with Seth in ring has been excellent lately and while I was upset that Dolph got to win anything I can see it going somewhere interesting when Drew utterly destroys him.

Or maybe Seth actually is banged up and needs a break. I'd happily take either him or Drew or both beating Dolph with a sack of quarters at Extreme Rules.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Oh God this poo poo being shoveled into my mouth tastes so bad uggghhh oh God *pays WWE more money, another dump truck of poo poo lines up*

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

-Shinsuke/AJ
--Finn/Miz/Seth three way rivalry for the IC Belt
-Everything Ronda has been involved with
-Bray/Matt
-Brock/Joe
-Brock/Braun
-Asuka/Charlotte
-New Day/Usos
-It's technically main roster, so I'm absolutely counting Ali/Alexander
-This was a build to a PPV more than a feud but all the interweaving threads leading into the Elimination Chamber was pretty much perfect and it involved six guys

Now, plenty of these involved the wrong guys/gals going over, but they were well built feuds that involved good matches or at least great spectacles (i.e. Final Deletion). I did struggle a bit, but this really just highlights how badly Brock poisons the product. Brock has had killer feuds with everyone but Roman that he's been involved with, but Raw has no top champion and everything Brock/Roman is deep hurting. And don't give me the "Roman would be worse" argument. No, he wouldn't. Then you'd at least have a top title on Raw you could build around and theoretically the challengers would at least be dynamic.

Most of those were fine in theory and average to terrible in execution. We just get heightened opinions of them because they stand out as being not as horrible as the rest of the stuff. And the title is totally meaningless now so having it on Roman or anyone else who will be there all the time is moot. Their booking is loving garbage and has been for a long time and 99% of the stuff that works, works in spite of the WWE.

I get that you want to be optimistic about the product and I'm not going to trash on you for wanting to like it, because I want to like it too, but it's objectively hot garbage and there's really no stretching of the product that can be done to cover that up.

Benign
Oct 20, 2008

And I Quote!
How does Bobby Lashly have that physique but is in no way imposing, scary, or dominate looking?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Yes who could forget those incredible feuds Asuka/Charlotte (I'll fight you at Wrestlemania why not?) and Joe/Brock (I'll beat you ah I blew it) .

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Expected the thread to be a lot more positive. At least stuff happened on Raw and there were new directions. Not saying the new directions are all good though. WWE now is like May but different now. Yay!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
WWE's best show is back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo7hxTwBsRo

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I like Roman Reigns and hope that someday the crowds can appreciate him too. :shobon:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
WWE's ability to find these most bland, uncool black guys in the entertainment industry is kind of impressive. We got Otunga, Coach, Byron, Percy, Lashley, Apollo and Jason a bit but they got hope, Cedric (just in promos).

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

TTBF posted:

I like Roman Reigns and hope that someday the crowds can appreciate him too. :shobon:

I will challenge you to a street fight and wear nasty jeans throughout the match, you monster.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Benign posted:

How does Bobby Lashly have that physique but is in no way imposing, scary, or dominate looking?

Headband

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Show some respect to Otunga (everyone else you're right about)

Had it in TNA and wasn't a dumb fun boring goof

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Chris James 2 posted:

Well yeah but he also wasnt intimidating

A headband is an immediate heat killer

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Chris James 2 posted:

Show some respect to Otunga (everyone else you're right about)

i think if bobby is able to get some sort of character over it's overcoming the dumbass headband look

its a very bad look.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Exhibit a

Exhibit b

I rest my case

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I've seen animes he's got a third eye under that thing.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Apparently he wears it because he doesnt have eyebrows and sweat gets in his eyes but he could just have a bandana or a do-rag or anything that doesnt look like he is gonna make you sweat to the oldies

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

bobby's still a hilariously unintimidating promo

and ronda has to go do press for the new movie, right? so no big SHES GETTING A MONTHS VACATION; at least they didnt hotshot the belt onto her so she can hold it in interviews

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Oh God this poo poo being shoveled into my mouth tastes so bad uggghhh oh God *pays WWE more money, another dump truck of poo poo lines up*

So like you do in these threads.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Blaise330 posted:

WWE's ability to find these most bland, uncool black guys in the entertainment industry is kind of impressive. We got Otunga, Coach, Byron, Percy, Lashley, Apollo and Jason a bit but they got hope, Cedric (just in promos).

And

JUST
SIGN
STOKELY
HATHAWAY

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The clear solution is to promote Marcellus Black to main roster

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Those guys are not inherently bland, it’s just that diversity is only skin deep if everyone has to read the same scripted promos with the same weird WWE verbiage

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/MikePWInsider/status/1009092905359769600

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Brock retains at Summerslam :cripes:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gimme The Scoops

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Bryan failed the concussion test

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I demand scoops

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Luther Reigns failed another drug test :negative:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

bradzilla posted:

Luther Reigns failed another drug test :negative:

Oh man that was a deep pull, dont hurt your back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Oney's health or Nixon Newell's knee?

• Locked thread