Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

John Dyne posted:

Marvel Strike Force
Age of Magic
Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
TMNT Legends
Dragonball Legends

Duh.

Too many legends and not enough facts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Although Barbed Tongues cannot join us tonight, we press on with a new chapter. "A Helping Hand" will take place tonight, Tuesday, October 30th at 7 PM PST. We pick up where we left off, with Flora's debut to the art world of San Diego.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

The inadvertent hiatus is at an end, and so the story of our coterie resumes. The next chapter is "The Weight of Tradition" and it starts tonight, Tuesday November 13th at 7 PM PST.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Johann is called away for a streaming emergency, but the rest of the coterie presses on. I'm not quite sure what counts as a streaming emergency, but I'm sure if I watched more Fortnite streams I'd find out. The next chapter is "The Weight of Tradition" and it starts tonight, Tuesday November 20th at 7 PM PST.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
sorry was out of commission

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

kaynorr posted:

Johann is called away for a streaming emergency, but the rest of the coterie presses on. I'm not quite sure what counts as a streaming emergency, but I'm sure if I watched more Fortnite streams I'd find out. The next chapter is "The Weight of Tradition" and it starts tonight, Tuesday November 20th at 7 PM PST.

Seems like "The Weight of Tradition" is too much for us vampiric idiots.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

John Dyne posted:

Seems like "The Weight of Tradition" is too much for us vampiric idiots.

it started killing me

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
okay seems like I am feeling better today. I hope everyone else is too

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

There is no stopping this train, regardless of how many times we've stopped before. The next chapter is "The Weight of Tradition" and it starts tonight, Tuesday November 27th at 7 PM PST.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Last game of the year tomorrow!?

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.
Vampires Save Christmas

I’m counting on you, Kaynor

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

IPlayVideoGames posted:

Vampires Save Christmas

I’m counting on you, Kaynor

Turns out Santa Claus has been Caine all along, trying to atone for his sins with celerity and a high crafts skill.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Have you been naughty or nice? Naughty, almost certainly. The coterie has three days to respond to the Tlahuicole's proposal, with the life and death of Flora Bennet on the table. "Deliberations" takes place tonight Tuesday, December 4th at 7 PM PST.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Herr Tog posted:

As penance some guy named Thomas Achebe doesn't trust me and a John Nagel is a USMC buddy of mine who doesn't wanna stay in San Diego.

More detail

Thomas Achebe is a 1st generation Nigerian American who is an Airman First Class in the USAF. Years ago Knight first Sent Jane to discuss purchasing technical notes and opinions on The Raptor Projects to be sold to newspapers and other interested parties. Achebe did felt this too close to treasonous. Knight was sent in to close the deal. He tried to play up the angle of being a friend to help Achebe with institutionalized racism and a job once he was out of the air force on top of a little better pay. Knight did not account for Achebe being a patriot and not thinking seriously of getting out of the air force for another 16 years. Achebe declined again and did not forget Knight’s face. While he does not seek out Knight on purpose he can be quoted as saying he “…would be happy to piss in his corn flakes given the chance. Twice.”

John Nagel is an Africa American who is a Lance corporal in the USMC currently stationed in San Diego as a technical support POG. He WAS a Technical Support Embassy Guard in Jakarta Malaysia until he pissed some Master Gunnery Sergeant somewhere off and got sent back to San Diego. Nagel is currently deciding between staying in or using the G.I. Bill when his time is up. Knight has been in contact with him through Jane Park and has used him to look up people from time to time. Knight wishes to keep him in San Diego and would try to provide incentives to Nagel to stay but Free College is Free College. Huge EDM and Anime nerd.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
List of people to call before next monthly meeting:

Sheila Hayes, Ordo Dracul

Sheila’s plus one.

Ricardo Leonard, Sheriff. Also to politic about exclusive rights to Flora

El Diablo en La Mesa, Also to politic about exclusive rights to Flora

Ricardo Avila, Invictus, Just to politic about exclusive rights to Flora

Alice Napua, Carthians, Also to politic about exclusive rights to Flora

Alice’s plus one.

Dina Burton, Mormon Lancey Boy

Dina’s plus one.

Shawn Garcia, Ordo Dracul

Thea, she must come. She can be paid for this.

Thea’s Werewolf plus one, can also be paid for this.

Daniel Hoffsteader, Notary

Lyle Stone, Felix associate

Nathan DeAngelo, Circle of the Crow, Also to politic about exclusive rights to Flora. Also to ask how he is doing. And to ask about that art thing.

Angela (?) Wright, Circle of the Crow, Also to politic about exclusive rights to Flora

Angela (?) Wright’s other plus one.

Questions welcome

Herr Tog fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Dec 6, 2018

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Herr Tog posted:

Let's try and collapse all the politicking about Flora down to a smaller number of actions. It looks like you're reaching out to members of the Invictus, Circle of the Crone, and Ordo Dracul. Each of those can be handled with a single Presence + Politics roll for you to make your case and see where the covenant stands; you have a +2 bonus to the Invictus roll to represent your Covenant Status and larger number of connections within the covenant. The Carthians will be handled more in depth during the trip to Tijuana.

For everything else, let me know what you want to ask - either in a post here or in DM/private Discord (depending upon whether the topic is confidential). If it's a straightforward information exchange there might be a roll, otherwise I'll let you know the outcome. If it's a more complicated conversation, we'll roleplay a full scene in the next chapter.

I've also added some posts to the roll20 forum to try and update the inventory, at least for mortals. Most posts to come to catch up on vampires & werewolves, probably tomorrow. Also the first chunk of information on Tijuana, including how the Carthians run the place and how Prince Diego feels about it.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

kaynorr posted:

Let's try and collapse all the politicking about Flora down to a smaller number of actions. It looks like you're reaching out to members of the Invictus, Circle of the Crone, and Ordo Dracul. Each of those can be handled with a single Presence + Politics roll for you to make your case and see where the covenant stands; you have a +2 bonus to the Invictus roll to represent your Covenant Status and larger number of connections within the covenant. The Carthians will be handled more in depth during the trip to Tijuana.

Sounds good to me but I must clarify that I want to call before the meeting to politic about flora and invite people to join me on my trip to Tijuana. Before officially announcing my trip I do want to notify the Sherriff and Prince first so I don't invite someone they don't want to come.
The mission official statement of the trip to Tijuana is to make a report for the prince, check in on previous Werewolf contracts in the area, oversee new werewolf contracts and labor importation, politic the Carthians for flora, and make new friends.
Unofficially it is to find anyone who may have worked on Catalina island before the attack, get dirt on people for bad contracts, and see if Knight can find a partner in both business and romance.

kaynorr posted:

For everything else, let me know what you want to ask - either in a post here or in DM/private Discord (depending upon whether the topic is confidential). If it's a straightforward information exchange there might be a roll, otherwise I'll let you know the outcome. If it's a more complicated conversation, we'll roleplay a full scene in the next chapter.

With Mesa I know I will have to give him the Whaley house report to get him to politic on our side. The prince got it first so that is okay.
For Sheila, Alice, Dina, and Angela (?) Wright the reason their plus one is invited is to see if they are single and heterosexual. I may or may not take a beat on these phone calls, no promises.
With Nathan, considering he almost died I really want to have a sit down conversation with him. This also goes for his boss Angela (?) Wright.

kaynorr posted:

I've also added some posts to the roll20 forum to try and update the inventory, at least for mortals. Most posts to come to catch up on vampires & werewolves, probably tomorrow. Also the first chunk of information on Tijuana, including how the Carthians run the place and how Prince Diego feels about it.

thank you for posting here and there so there is a more permanent record.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Sup?

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

rip our dead gay vampires

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

No rest! No peace!

The chronicle will resume next Tuesday, in which the gang looks up places in Tijuana on Yelp to visit.

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.
Johann frowns and holds up his phone. “What the hell, Steven?”

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
"You are next to the airport; what did you really expect?"

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Herr Tog posted:

"You are next to the airport; what did you really expect?"

I'll have you know my local airport has a delightful choice between Del Taco and Panda Express. #blessed

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

kaynorr posted:

No rest! No peace!

The chronicle will resume next Tuesday, in which the gang looks up places in Tijuana on Yelp to visit.

still down for tomorrow?

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

The holiday hiatus comes to an end, and with it the scheming resumes! There are trips to plan, associates to reach out to, and former fiancees to get in shouting matches with. The first chapter of 2019, "Making A List And Checking It Twice", starts tonight Tuesday, January 8th at 7 PM PST.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Herr Tog posted:

Sheila Hayes, Ordo Dracul ONBOARD

Sheila’s plus one.

Ricardo Leonard, Sheriff. Also to politic about exclusive rights to Flora NOT BOTHERED

El Diablo en La Mesa, Also to politic about exclusive rights to Flora DONE

Ricardo Avila, Invictus, UNKNOWN

Alice Napua, Carthians, Also to politic about exclusive rights to Flora ON THE LIST

Alice’s plus one.

Dina Burton, Mormon Lancey Boy ON BOARD

Dina’s plus one.

Shawn Garcia, Ordo Dracul

Thea, she must come. She can be paid for this. ON BOARD

Thea’s Werewolf plus one, can also be paid for this. ON BOARD

Daniel Hoffsteader, Notary

Lyle Stone, Felix associate NOT INVITED

Nathan DeAngelo, Circle of the Crow, Also to politic about exclusive rights to Flora. Also to ask how he is doing. And to ask about that art thing.

Angela (?) Wright, Circle of the Crow, Also to politic about exclusive rights to Flora

Angela (?) Wright’s other plus one.

PROGRESS

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

For the erudition of those who couldn't make it on Monday, here is a brief recap of the individual scenes from last night:

Ethan did some initial investigation regarding what happened to the Texas ranch where he was "raised". Their mortal cover was entirely intact, with no warning signs that the local police were suspicious of them. The authorities learned what happened roughly four days after the attack (when the UPS guy showed up to a burned-down ranch house), and the subsequent investigation strongly suspects arson. However, suspiciously zero bodies were found at the scene - sufficiently aged Kindred would have burned to dust, but the ranch had almost two dozen humans present at any given time, and they were nowhere to be found. Whomever did this, either took prisoners or corpses.

Johann found himself profoundly torn in his confrontation with Katherine. He adamantly maintained that his life had changed, and it would put Katherine in danger if he told her why. Katherine took this as a line of bullshit and stormed away, and Johann followed, for reasons that perhaps he himself did not understand. Ultimately, he faced a Breaking Point trying to reconcile the fact that he cared deeply for Katherine yet keeping his secret was doing tremendous harm to her. His Humanity somehow intact, he succumbed to temptation and old habits and the two spent the night together. He left her place before dawn, leaving the emotional door open for them to connect again in the future.

Johann also reached out to a few members of the Carthians to try and lobby them while the group traveled south of the border. He spoke with his somewhat-protégé Tommy Cortez, who had heard through the Cacaphony that there was going to be a Carthian gathering on the upcoming Saturday (February 22), and provided the time & place to Johann. This was later confirmed when Johann managed to make contact with Alica Napua herself, the Carthian Primogen. Alice expressed regret that Johann didn't have many ties to the Movement in San Diego, and confirmed the Tijuana gathering along with a suggestion to "dress nicely, you'll have more fun".

Stephen furious worked his call list to try and get many, many undead ducks in a row for the upcoming trip to Tijuana. Contact with Sheila Hayes and Shawn Garcia of the Ordo Dracul proved surprisingly fruitful; Sheila took Stephen up on his offer to visit Tijuana out of a curiousity about werewolves. Shawn did not want to come, but felt that he could deliver the Ordo Dracul's support in the matter of Whaley House if they could be cut in (and, by extension, the Circle out) on access to the research into Flora Bennet's unique nature. Stephen remained noncommittal on such a deal, but said he would bring it to the coterie.

A chat with Tina Burton, head of the Sanctum Mormon sect, proved equally fruitful. While initially reluctant, Stephen persuaded her that she should at least consider hiring the Bloody Struggle (or the Steelhounds) to decisively end the schism in her favor. She agrees to travel to Tijuana under Stephen's provided protection and see just how much it will cost her to hire werewolves to intervene in vampire politics.

A brief meeting with Angela Wright (Invictus Duchess of High Art) and Nathan D'Angelo (her loyal talent scout) proves to be less productive. Neither one is eager to visit Tijuana at the present time, and so decline to travel with the coterie. Angela is amused by Stephen's advances towards her, and offers to help consult on starting a collection of his own after the Tijuana excursion.

Finally, Stephen checks in with Mesa, who agrees to arrange passage across the border as a favor to his childe. Mesa notes with amusement that Stephen is still meddling in other people's civil wars, just as he did as a mortal with the Agency - though now Stephen gets to decide who are the freedom fighters and who are the terrorists, so somehow he's worked his way into middle management.

Another post describing the current state of the Tijuana post to follow shortly-ish.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Don't forget Steven thinks Tina/Dina is totally into him.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

To ease the logistic load, here is the current planning for your Tijuana trip:

Attendees:
  • The coterie (Stephen, Hector, Ethan, Johann, Tony)
  • Sheila Hayes, Ordo Dracul
  • Dina Burton, Lancea et Sanctum
  • Thea Ciceron, werewolf
  • Sid, werewolf (hired as protection)

Mesa can provide a couple of vehicles (probably SUVs) with clean histories to take across the border, along with instructions to use lane 6 and to have Stephen provide his passport first. The Carthian gathering is at 9 PM Saturday night, so there should be adequate time to get there assuming you get a move on at sunset.

Stephen has a contact number for one of the Bloody Struggle, and has purchased their services (Resources 3) to provide a secure haven for the day if the trip runs long. The Struggle isn't out on a job this weekend, so any time the coterie wants they should be able to arrange the meeting.

I think that's all the salient details, let me know if I missed anything. Stephen has not yet identified the exact beach where he will do his courting, nor the brand of mezcal to be offered.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Do you have snacks for the road? Be sure you use the bathroom before we leave because we're not stopping until we hit Tijuana! Tonight's chapter, "South of the Border", should be a fascinating one indeed. Make the crossing tonight, January 15th, at 7 PM PST.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

I may be a few minutes late but I should be there , pending serious LA traffic insanity.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I am here!

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
game delayed until next week. Be safe and have fun!

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
No tomorrow right?

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Herr Tog posted:

No tomorrow right?

That just means MORE TALISMAN

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Herr Tog posted:

No tomorrow right?

If Johann doesn't have any pressing business with the Bloody Struggle pack, we can juggle the itinerary and have that be the first thing the coterie does when they hit Tijuana. If he does want to be present for that (or anyone else aside from IPVG can't make it), it's Talisman Time.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to make sure I can make it since I don't think I can make it next week.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Well, that was easily the least eventful dinner party Lorenzo Galvez has ever hosted. Maybe. Probably not. Let's follow it up with a good old fashioned gathering of the Carthian Movement - brush up on your public speaking skills because there will be a fight, or an argument or both. A argufight. Tonight's chapter is, "Down Mexico Way" and it happens tonight Tuesday, February 5th at 7 PM PST.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Looks like everyone has made it back from Tijuana in one piece, physically and emotionally. Our next chapter is "Final Offers" and it happens tonight, Tuesday, February 19th at 7 PM PST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Tonight's episode was full of vampire drama. So much that we aren't sure if we are gonna stay a group. I am learning so much about Vampire.