Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pynladfysh
Jul 9, 2018

*establishes eye contact*
I'm Barbed's +1 and I'm interested and up for tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pynladfysh
Jul 9, 2018

I'm good for both Tuesday and Monday.

pynladfysh
Jul 9, 2018

I've been leaning towards Nosferatu Ordo Dracul. Specifically, I was inclined to do a Mexican Kindred moved to San Diego recently, either Calacas or pre-Calacas. But I'm flexible and may change my mind to fit with the group better if needed.

pynladfysh
Jul 9, 2018

well shoot, that leaves Daeva Carthian for IPVG :P

pynladfysh fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jul 25, 2018

pynladfysh
Jul 9, 2018

I actually liked the idea about the deceased harpy. Individuals the harpy was aware would be arriving in the city and would be safer choices to investigate if you don't know who to trust in the city. Reward would be Acknowledged in the City.

pynladfysh
Jul 9, 2018

Yes, there were Anarchs in Bloodlines :P

But you might be thinking about Damsel.

pynladfysh fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jul 26, 2018

pynladfysh
Jul 9, 2018

Not at all, it was just a funny coincidence we all chose different ones.

pynladfysh
Jul 9, 2018

Also, there still are Giovanni if you want to play one.

pynladfysh
Jul 9, 2018

Ethan Abbas, Unaligned Mekhet
Strix Assassin

Originating from a compound outside of San Antonio, Texas, Ethan was born into the Abbas Ghoul Family. As is expected of someone in his position, he rarely left the compound and spent most of his time training. The compound was managed by Khaibit belonging to the Molukusian Sentinels, a cult dedicated to eradicating the Strix. Ethan managed to prove his worth to the regnants by 18, and was embraced another 18 years later at age 36 (about 24 biological years for a ghoul). Over the next several years, he was sent out to shadow cult members and learn from them in the field, ultimately leading his own team.

quote:

Abbas Ghoul Family
With origins dating back to ancient Egypt, the Abbas were tasked with a sacred duty: become worthy of being embraced and joining the Khaibit in their battle against the Strix. Children born into this family are rigorously trained from the time they can walk, with their whole purpose to prove that they are worthy. Those who are unable to do so by the time they are 18 are removed from the training and set to tending to the compound and occupants, sent out as spies, or used for breeding. Ghouls that prove themselves are eventually embraced into the bloodlines and receive further esoteric training.

As the family grows, breeding pairs are sent with regnants to begin populating new areas. From the original family in Egypt, new ones have been promulgated in all continents except Antarctica. However, inbreeding or lack of candidates has caused several lines to end and infighting between other Kindred or Hunters have wiped out more. Because of the risks, members no longer communicate or even know about the other lines to protect them. Rumors circulating in certain circles in recent night say that the number of lines has dropped to under 6.

Finally, Ethan was given his own mission to travel to Southern California to survey the area and Baja California. More when I'm not tired

code:
   ====================================== Sheet =====================================
   Name: Ethan Abbas             Mask: Spy                       Clan: Mekhet
   Player: pynladfysh            Dirge: Conformist               Bloodline: Khaibit
   Chronicle: Written in Red     Concept: Strix Assassin         Covenant: Unaligned

=================================== Attributes ===================================
   Intelligence: o o             Strength: o o o [o] [o] [o]       Presence: o o o
   Wits: o o o                   Dexterity: o o o                  Manipulation: o o
   Resolve: o o                  Stamina: o o                      Composure: o o o

===================================== Skills =====================================
    Academics:                         *Athletics:(Throwing) o o o   Animal Ken: 
    Computer:                           Brawl: o                     Empathy:
   *Crafts:(Traps) o o                  Drive:                       Expression:
    Investigation:(Discrepancies) o o   Firearms:                    Intimidation: o 
    Medicine: o                         Larceny: o o                 Persuasion:
    Occult:(Strix) o o                  Stealth: o o                 Socialize: 
    Politics:                           Survival:                    Streetwise: o
    Science:                           *Weaponry:(Kukri) o o o       Subterfuge: o o

==== Disciplines ====      ========== Merits ==========      ====== Traits ======
   Auspex:                    Area of Expertise (Kukri): o      Blood Potency: 1
   Celerity: o o              Atrocious: o                      Health: 7
   Obfuscate:                 Kindred Dueling Style: o o o      Willpower: 5       
   Vigor: o o o               Contacts: o o                     Humanity: 7
   Obten: Udjat                -Underworld                      Size 5
   Obten:Pseshkf               -Occult                          Speed: 14
                              Mystery Cult Initiation: o        Initiative: 6
                              Prof. Training: o o o             Defense: 8
                              Quick Draw (melee): [o]                    
                              Safe Place: o
Starting Aspirations

Starting Touchstone: Amelia Abbas

pynladfysh fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Aug 15, 2018

pynladfysh
Jul 9, 2018

I'm a sucker for XP and sleep is for the weak.

pynladfysh
Jul 9, 2018

John Dyne posted:

Yeah you get to say that poo poo being on the west coast, but us central/east coast assholes are getting this poo poo going at like 10 PM. :colbert:

I am in the midwest, thank you very much,

pynladfysh
Jul 9, 2018

Do you have an idea on when you'll know for sure or if there's a day this week that would work better?

pynladfysh
Jul 9, 2018

Macros:
For the macros, replace Ethan Abbas with you character name exactly as it appears. Any line with /me can be removed or the phrasing changed. There isn't an easy way to do + or - modifiers in one box, that I have found yet so there is a pos modifier and a neg modifier prompt. You cannot put a negative number in a pos modifier prompt

***These assume you are trained in the skill. If you aren't, use the generic roll***
***Kaynorr: These require that every character has a Vigor, Celerity, and BP Attribute even if it's 0***

Generic Roll
/r (?{Attribute + Skill +/- modifiers})d10>8!

Generic Roll 9-again
/r (?{Attribute + Skill +/- modifiers})d10>8!>9

Generic Roll 8-again
/r (?{Attribute + Skill +/- modifiers})d10>8!>8

Chance
/me takes a chance
/roll {1d10!}=10f1

Initiative (need to click on token first)
/me initiative
/r 1d10 + @{Ethan Abbas |initiative_mods} &{tracker}

Initiative with weapon drawn (need to click on token first)
/me initiative
/r 1d10 + @{Ethan Abbas |initiative_mods} - (?{Weapon|Light Handgun, 0|Heavy Handgun,2|Small SMG, 2| Large SMG, 3|Rifle, 5|Assault Rifle,3|Shotgun, 4|Crowbar, -2|Knife,-1|Rapier,2|Machete,2|Hatchet,2|Fire Ax,4|Chainsaw,6|Stake,4|Spear,2}) &{tracker}

Perception
/me uses his peepers
/r (@{Ethan Abbas |wits} + @{Ethan Abbas |com} + (?{pos modifier}))d10>8!

Lashing Out
/me lets out the animal within
/r (@{Ethan Abbas |str} + @{Ethan Abbas |bp} + ?{modifier})d10>8!

Lashing Out with 8-again
/me lets out the animal within
/r (@{Ethan Abbas |str} + @{Ethan Abbas |bp} + ?{modifier})d10>8!>8

Investigate
/me turns over every rock
/r (@{Ethan Abbas |wits} + @{Ethan Abbas |investigation} + ?{Specialty|No, 0|Yes, 1} + ?{pos modifiers} - ?{neg modifier})d10>8!

Stealth
/me is sneaky as f*ck
/r (@{Ethan Abbas |dex} + @{Ethan Abbas |stealth} + ?{Specialty|No, 0|Yes, 1} +?{pos modifiers} - ?{neg modifiers})d10>8!

Unarmed Combat
/r (@{Ethan Abbas |str) + @{Ethan Abbas |brawl} + @{Ethan Abbas |vigor} + ?{Specialty|No, 0|Yes, 1} + ?{pos modifier} - ?{neg modifier})d10>8!

Melee Combat
/r (@{Ethan Abbas |str) + @{Ethan Abbas |weaponry} + @{Ethan Abbas |vigor} + ?{Specialty|No, 0|Yes, 1} + ?{pos modifier} - ?{neg modifier})d10>8!

Ranged Combat
/r (@{Ethan Abbas |dex) + @{Ethan Abbas |firearms} + ?{Specialty|No, 0|Yes, 1} + ?{pos modifier} - ?{neg modifier})d10>8!

Thrown Weapon
/r (@{Ethan Abbas |str) + @{Ethan Abbas |athletics} + ?{Specialty|No, 0|Yes, 1} + ?{pos modifier} - ?{neg modifier})d10>8!

Full Dodge
/me is as fast as lightning
/r (@{Ethan Abbas |defense} + @{Ethan Abbas |defense} + ?{modifiers|Nothing,0|Willpower,2|Blood,2})d10>8!

Intimidation
/me is scary as f*ck
/r (@{Ethan Abbas |presence} + @{Ethan Abbas |intimidation} + ?{Specialty|No, 0|Yes, 1} + ?{pos modifier})d10>8!

***Weapon modifiers are not added to the roll to hit, so they have not been factored in***

Let me know if any don't work or if you need a custom one.

pynladfysh fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Aug 24, 2018

pynladfysh
Jul 9, 2018

John Dyne posted:

finish your rungs and/or write fan fiction about your dude

pynladfysh
Jul 9, 2018

Here are the Khaibit powers that Ethan has for reference (I spent the blood for Udjat last session):

Udjat

This most basic gift of Khaibit heritage gives them perfect sight in even the utmost darkness. Khaibit never suffer penalties from darkness, and see subtle shifts in heat and movement where others would be blind. They are unaffected by blindness induced by injury or supernatural forces.

By focusing her attention and spending a point of Vitae, a Khaibit can attune her senses to the unseen. This allows her to see spirits, Strix, angels, and other immaterial beings for the scene. This includes beings in Twilight. While she has her senses so enhanced, she’s immune to the Strix’s possession.

Pseshkf

This signature gift of the Khaibit allows her to draw the shadows into a palpable form with the expenditure of one or more Vitae and an instant action. She can use this to coat simple tools or weapons. Weapons so coated cause 1 additional lethal damage to physical targets (including Kindred), but cause her Blood Potency in lethal damage to noncorporeal entities, including spirits and Strix. Coated objects add her Blood Potency as Durability, and the number of Vitae spent as Structure. If she possesses Tyet as well, she can manipulate the item coated with Pseshkf as if she were touching it with her hands.

Iteru

With this gift, the Khaibit can travel rapidly through shadows. She dissolves into one part of the shadow, and emerges anywhere along the same patch of shade. This can be shadow created by the Tyet. Spend a Vitae reflexively, and the character fades into and out of the shadow instantly. If using this as part of a Dodge action, roll her Dodge with the rote quality once per scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pynladfysh
Jul 9, 2018

Barbed Tongues posted:

She grabs a number of fetishes, and begins some kind of ritual in the basement. A bad smell precedes some lightheadedness as the ritual continues.

So...what kind of fetishes is she into?