Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

last night i had an insane imp zone x gaming dream cross up. the entire imp zone was in a bus going across the desert (not sure where to, maybe e3) and we see a single arcade cabinet sitting on the side of the road. we pull over to check it out but almost everyone is too scared to play it and stay in the bus so me and lyle get out and its mortal kombat so he drops a quarter in and starts playing as baraka. its basically ultimate mortal kombat 3d except the stage are 3d rendered and theres a 3d movement button to walk around the stages. theres also environmental objects like street signs and statues laid around the stages you can use to punch at your opponents. whats really wierd about it though is whenever it shows a characters name its in a grid like this:

B A
A K
R A

which worked fine for lyle but then he got to liu kang and it looked like this

Li A
U N
K G

eventually he get up to a stage and its the desert with our bus parked off to the side but we dont even really notice or care, theres 2 opponents to fight the stage at the same time (i cant remember who) and its hard to manage but suddenly about 20 seconds into the fight they both explode into the mortal kombat style blood and bones and a new secret enemy jumps in from the screen onto the stage and then his name appears on the screen

Fl Ll
Il E
Il R

we both immediately cracked up and start trying to say it again and again obsessively. the character is a heap of poo poo, its kind of like a twisted kangaroo out of killer instinct wearing pants. lyle completely devastates the lovely new character and finishes it off by punching a cactus into it and then a lawn mower which runs it over and spits out those classic style blood and bones out the other side. i wake up not long after from the excitement of seeing the end of this crazy new arcade game

overall i rate this game 4/5 and if youre ever driving through my dream desert in the future i recommend stopping to check it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i had another dream a bit later in the night where a friend insisted on playing smash brothers 64 and i got such a bad hand cramp in the dream it woke me up

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i keep dreaming that Im playing the yet unreleased metroid prime 4 and that its perfect, then I wake up and feel sad

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sweet dream bro. I wish I had gaming dreams.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

extremebuff posted:

i keep dreaming that Im playing the yet unreleased metroid prime 4 and that its perfect, then I wake up and feel sad

lol, sick

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For about all of college I had mario dreamed where I'd run jump then soar with the mario cape all over my university. Weird thing was I wasn't playing mario games at the time.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I had a dream a while back that I was playing a new Splinter Cell, and it was like super faithful to Blacklist, like same weapons, models, animations, etc except that for some reason the UI was like an MMOs with ability bars, etc. So I’m shooting my way through an industrial facility, suddenly the dream’s in first person perspective and I’m just controlling Fisher by just moving around naturally, like really advanced VR, but it’s still a game and I can see the UI floating in front of my eyes.

Then I kill all the guards and suddenly my brain forgets that I’m supposed to be playing a video game and I’m just dreaming that I’m a spy breaking into this facility. I need to get through this enormous blast door controlled by a button in a little guard post staffed by guard with her back turned to the door and one sitting at the button, so I dash in, knock the first guard out with a pistol butt to the back of the head and force the second at gunpoint to open the door. I look at the first guard to make sure she’s out and I realize that it’s one of my coworkers that I have a huge crush on so I tell the guard that I’m still holding up “when she wakes up, tell her I said I’m sorry” and he nodded kinda confused. I don’t remember anything after that.

Anyway the point is I really want a new Splinter Cell game.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I think every time I dream about a game it does the “playing a game -> in the game -> it’s no longer a game” thing, now that I think about it.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
I dream about this forum all living together in a loft. It’s awesome

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I had a dream a while back that I was playing a new Splinter Cell, and it was like super faithful to Blacklist, like same weapons, models, animations, etc except that for some reason the UI was like an MMOs with ability bars, etc. So I’m shooting my way through an industrial facility, suddenly the dream’s in first person perspective and I’m just controlling Fisher by just moving around naturally, like really advanced VR, but it’s still a game and I can see the UI floating in front of my eyes.

Then I kill all the guards and suddenly my brain forgets that I’m supposed to be playing a video game and I’m just dreaming that I’m a spy breaking into this facility. I need to get through this enormous blast door controlled by a button in a little guard post staffed by guard with her back turned to the door and one sitting at the button, so I dash in, knock the first guard out with a pistol butt to the back of the head and force the second at gunpoint to open the door. I look at the first guard to make sure she’s out and I realize that it’s one of my coworkers that I have a huge crush on so I tell the guard that I’m still holding up “when she wakes up, tell her I said I’m sorry” and he nodded kinda confused. I don’t remember anything after that.

Anyway the point is I really want a new Splinter Cell game.

you could ask that coworker over to play it

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mekchu posted:

For about all of college I had mario dreamed where I'd run jump then soar with the mario cape all over my university. Weird thing was I wasn't playing mario games at the time.
Dreaming of Mario is one of the most fundamental human experiences. There are cave paintings of the flying man who opens boxes with his head.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Xbox Ambassador posted:

maybe thats where the bus was going

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Xbox Ambassador posted:

https://twitter.com/piloht/status/1004031805207601157

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I was playing Overwatch and fell asleep. Had a dream that Reinhardt was Kat Williams. Like, same body but with Kat Williams' head. I was Junkrat and was teasing him with my nades. When I got him to like half hp he fell to his hands and knees and said to me, "can you believe how much health I got out this mufukka?"

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I was playing Overwatch and fell asleep. Had a dream that Reinhardt was Kat Williams. Like, same body but with Kat Williams' head. I was Junkrat and was teasing him with my nades. When I got him to like half hp he fell to his hands and knees and said to me, "can you believe how much health I got out this mufukka?"

lmfao

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

Dreaming of Mario is one of the most fundamental human experiences. There are cave paintings of the flying man who opens boxes with his head.

I think it was a sign to go back to my gaming roots. I got a Wii a few months after graduating.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Xbox Ambassador posted:

That’s no dream...

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mekchu posted:

I think it was a sign to go back to my gaming roots. I got a Wii a few months after graduating.
Play the Mario Galaxies

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I think every time I dream about a game it does the “playing a game -> in the game -> it’s no longer a game” thing, now that I think about it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I dreamed about owning a PS2 for months before I owned one.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
i dreamt i got to go through the video game bonus round in Video Power where you would velcrow games to your suit then go through the slide at the end. I'd only end up with like 5 copies of Willow and paperboy anyway

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lmfao

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

Play the Mario Galaxies

I did. This was like 7+ years ago lol. I loved them so drat much.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Xbox Ambassador posted:

We all put on our nightcaps and sleeping gowns and lay side-by-side under the blanket in a really wide bed and we spend 10 minutes all telling each other good night before blowing out the candle

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I've had multiple dreams where I'm simultaneously in a video game and playing the game. Like one time I was in a Resident Evil style mansion and I was the one doing all the actions but occasionally I'd also open a menu to select things, or pause the action somehow. I guess it's like VR but not really, it's hard to explain.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

We all put on our nightcaps and sleeping gowns and lay side-by-side under the blanket in a really wide bed and we spend 10 minutes all telling each other good night before blowing out the candle

Playing guncon in bed

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sweet dreams gamer I whisper into the ear of FactsAreUseless and kiss him lightly on the cheek, which he does in turn to the next gamer and so on until the last gamer with no one to kiss develops severe sexual frustration and starts lashing out at people on the forums as they sleep. Our spots will be rotated each night so the cycle continues. Imp House is eternal.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Sweet dreams gamer I whisper into the ear of FactsAreUseless and kiss him lightly on the cheek, which he does in turn to the next gamer and so on until the last gamer with no one to kiss develops severe sexual frustration and starts lashing out at people on the forums as they sleep. Our spots will be rotated each night so the cycle continues. Imp House is eternal.

Lmfao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Playing a hacked version of Tennis for the NES that allows for five on five games, pausing occasionally to send each other Discord messages, BBG's head turning into a wolf, can't read anything and suddenly we're in an Olive Garden on the beach and speaking German.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wormskull posted:

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Wormskull posted:

lol

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
what did i look like in the dream?

also i absolutely love umk3. people who play mk2 over it remind me of people who still play melee

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Playing a hacked version of Tennis for the NES that allows for five on five games, pausing occasionally to send each other Discord messages, BBG's head turning into a wolf, can't read anything and suddenly we're in an Olive Garden on the beach and speaking German.

Hahahaha

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Ah Christ why am I stuck between Larry and Luke in the bed! Fuuuuuuuuuu

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

what did i look like in the dream?

also i absolutely love umk3. people who play mk2 over it remind me of people who still play melee

dont take this the wrong way but i dont remember you being there, sorry. i can't describe what anyone that i havent seen actual pictures looked like, not even lyle who was playing the game. it was one of those dreams where its just dream guy and you instinctively know who it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Plus you can single out the Smash players by their stench