Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

Snagged that and it looks really nice with the shield. Thanks.

Now I just gotta switch up my entire loadout to red beams.

Yeah I just did the same thing and dropped way too much EC on the Ba’ul vanity shield because space barbie is the real endgame :v:

totally worth it.

also the competitive rep engines match the time pod glow color perfectly, which is nice. the lukari deflector works really well with it too.

Hugh G. Rectum fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jul 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Yeah I'm logging in still but I'm usually listening to a podcast while I get the dailys done so I'm not chatting unless other people are. Might pick up with the summer event for a bit though.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

I don't know, don't ask.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

new Robert Palmer video lookin good

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Hello Sailor posted:

new Robert Palmer video lookin good

if i'm gonna drop 90m EC on a cosmetic item, you better loving believe me and my crew will match! space barbie is half the reason I still play.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

I don't know, don't ask.

How do you get dog

Or am I being bamboozled by a shop :ohdear:

bij
Feb 24, 2007

You both got NoP promotions, don't touch the furniture in the Canonically Bifurcated Below the Belt Bits Space Executive Lounge with Cheeto fingers.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

space barbie is the real endgame :v:

Yes.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

space barbie is the real endgame :v:

Yes.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

nice death frisbee

gently caress yeah, all the Na'Kuhl ships are so pretty! I really want an Acheros Battlecruiser, not only is it gorgeous but it even has a pilot BOFF station. too bad it's so loving expensive.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

The Daemosh is STYLIN.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I love the Nakhul ship aesthetic but the obnoxious hum they continuously make hits my damaged ears in just the wrong ways and I can't bring myself to actually fly them.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Asimo posted:

Yeah I love the Nakhul ship aesthetic but the obnoxious hum they continuously make hits my damaged ears in just the wrong ways and I can't bring myself to actually fly them.

I haven't played STO with the game sound on in years. :v:

Those are my two favorite glamour shots from the LP, though the second one is courtesy of a bugged lightmap on a Klingon-only map.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

HiroProtagonist posted:

How do you get dog

Or am I being bamboozled by a shop :ohdear:
It's a rottweiler, comes from the lobi store. I haven't looked in forever, but I think it's one of those ones where you buy the box for 30 lobi, open it, and get a random box with one of the possible rottweilers. The wiki seems largely useless when it comes to the rottweiler pets, so I can't tell you which one that is because I don't personally own it. I have 'Rhylo' which is an adult but has no collar, 'Butler' which has a scarf instead of a collar, and 'Scruffers' which is a puppy.

They can be bought and sold on the exchange which avoids the randomness, but there's generally not a whole lot of demand for old lobi pets. This means the market is small and the prices can get weird. Note that there are also lobi house cats and beagles available if you like regular human pets.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

g0del posted:

It's a rottweiler, comes from the lobi store. I haven't looked in forever, but I think it's one of those ones where you buy the box for 30 lobi, open it, and get a random box with one of the possible rottweilers. The wiki seems largely useless when it comes to the rottweiler pets, so I can't tell you which one that is because I don't personally own it. I have 'Rhylo' which is an adult but has no collar, 'Butler' which has a scarf instead of a collar, and 'Scruffers' which is a puppy.

They can be bought and sold on the exchange which avoids the randomness, but there's generally not a whole lot of demand for old lobi pets. This means the market is small and the prices can get weird. Note that there are also lobi house cats and beagles available if you like regular human pets.

wait, there's one with a SCARF?! why does no one tell me these things!

The only one I've got is the one in the picture, Porthos.

edit: wow, his scarf even matches my color scheme. oustanding.

Hugh G. Rectum fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Jul 9, 2020

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Another ship glamour shot from the LP, my kitbashed Kurak.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

FREE poo poo

https://na.alienwarearena.com/ucf/s...ck-key-giveaway

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Thank you!

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Thanks!

Can Gorn wear the outfit?

greasythepirate
Aug 13, 2016
https://twitter.com/AmbassadorKael/status/1281675108352843776

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

did you get the "Elite Services Starter Pack?" nothing showed up in my inventory and its not purchased in the store

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

what's the deal with cats and stairs anyways?

https://i.imgur.com/pR8X0Zg.mp4

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

Acer Pilot posted:

did you get the "Elite Services Starter Pack?" nothing showed up in my inventory and its not purchased in the store

It's under Promos in the C-Store, named "Klingon Empire Miracle Worker Bridge Officer and Elite Services Starter Pack", or something like it. You can only claim it on a klank or klank-aligned character. The extra slots will immediately apply to which ever character buys the pack.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
More space barbie.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

How broken am I that STO twitter drama never fails to amuse?

Rx King
Mar 4, 2003

Cyrano4747 posted:

How broken am I that STO twitter drama never fails to amuse?

Nah man no need to feel that way. The STO playerbase has been the most fun and easiest to gently caress around with. I've been gifting items to those who get upset at seeing the fleet name recently.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Rx King posted:

Nah man no need to feel that way. The STO playerbase has been the most fun and easiest to gently caress around with. I've been gifting items to those who get upset at seeing the fleet name recently.

seriously the entire goon presence in this game has been centered around loving with pubbies since day 1. my favorite by far was back when abandon ship could be used any time or place so we went into ESD with the highest H.P. cruisers we had and repeatedly self destructed on all the tiny little baby ships causing a chain reaction of warp core breaches. the first time we did that I was laughing so hard I couldn’t breathe.

to this day you can still mention Starfleet Dental in zone chat and trigger a significant amount of rage. gone, but not forgotten.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

seriously the entire goon presence in this game has been centered around loving with pubbies since day 1. my favorite by far was back when abandon ship could be used any time or place so we went into ESD with the highest H.P. cruisers we had and repeatedly self destructed on all the tiny little baby ships causing a chain reaction of warp core breaches. the first time we did that I was laughing so hard I couldn’t breathe.

to this day you can still mention Starfleet Dental in zone chat and trigger a significant amount of rage. gone, but not forgotten.

At least once a year I'll be turning in contraband or checking the exchange or doing other daily alt BS in ESD or some other social zone and have some pubbie hate-message me.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Cyrano4747 posted:

At least once a year I'll be turning in contraband or checking the exchange or doing other daily alt BS in ESD or some other social zone and have some pubbie hate-message me.

ahh, brings a tear to my eye.

one of my other favorite old ways to abuse pubbies was the random faction on spawning into a borg hunt. nothing like blowing them out of the sky when they think you're on their side!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va0FECLKrV0&hd=1

although this time it ended in goon on goon violence. sorry xarthos.

Rx King
Mar 4, 2003

I'm not sure if you can still do it but I loved putting Cover Shields in front of Defera entrances so they couldn't get through. Also the Cover Shields for the races at Risa were an absolute blast.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Yeah summer events just weren't the same after they put a stop to covershields. Especially because the script they used made every instance laggy as poo poo.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Lagomorphic posted:

Yeah summer events just weren't the same after they put a stop to covershields. Especially because the script they used made every instance laggy as poo poo.
Wasn't the laggy script put in because their original solution could be defeated by spamming the covershield button when you beamed down?

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

g0del posted:

Wasn't the laggy script put in because their original solution could be defeated by spamming the covershield button when you beamed down?

Yeah. The laggy script seemed to manually check every object in the instance every second and then despawn it if was a covershield. The beam in trick still worked but the shield vanished about a second later everytime.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

g0del posted:

yeah it's likely that what it's actually doing is checking for cover shields every frame and trying to delete them

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm glad we were able to have such a tangible effect on the game, even if it did make one of the fun parts of the game worse.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

T6 Cat Carrier, Vo'Quv, Rom, and Jem carriers on the horizon.

https://clips.twitch.tv/TalentedCleverHedgehogNotATK

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Game status: still pretty.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Someone needs to send this gallery to BadMoonRizin, assuming he still plays the game

https://imgur.com/gallery/BxkMfez

the tingler
Jul 15, 2009
Haven't played since the first year. Do Klingons have a story or campaign now or is it still just queuing for PVP? Does PVP even still exist in this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

the tingler posted:

Haven't played since the first year. Do Klingons have a story or campaign now or is it still just queuing for PVP? Does PVP even still exist in this game?

embrace bij