Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

Perry Mason Jar posted:

well. lmao

does a gold spiky half-crescent ship with purple lights ring a bell to anyone? i don't see it in the shop now but i saw it recently and can't remember the name

That sounds like a Lukari Dranuur with a Ferengi Vanity Shield. The Roms have some ships that meet the description too (like the Kelvin Timeline T'laru Intel Carrier Warbird), but I think the Lukari ship is more common.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Unfortunately none of those but thank you. Gold and spiky and possibly beginning with an S.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Did it look something like this? https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Fek%27Ihri_Fe%27rang_Dreadnought_Carrier

Trying to think of 'spiky' ships that are commonly flown that might not otherwise look like regular Trek ships.

e- https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Fek%27Ihri_S%27torr_Warship ?

Fidel Cuckstro fucked around with this message at 02:12 on May 23, 2022

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Maybe jagged is a better word. More like small stalagmites than spikes. Absolutely 100% gold/yellow

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

oh- maybe this? https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Hur%27q_Vedcrid_Hive_Dreadnought_Carrier

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Perry Mason Jar posted:

well. lmao

does a gold spiky half-crescent ship with purple lights ring a bell to anyone? i don't see it in the shop now but i saw it recently and can't remember the name

Based on your description, it could be Hur'q, Breen, or Iconian Herald in design. Vanity shields change hull texture, so it could be stock or altered. The Bozeman Titans come to mind for gold.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Mr. Data, it appears we have a mystery on our hands :)

Let's casually look in to this. until the 2nd act rolls in. I'll be in my ready room.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
Sounds like an Undine ship to me.

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran
It's the hurq science vessel, yeah? Crescent, gold, bunch of little spikes on the underside.

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Hur%27q_Nekcrid_Assembly_Multi-Mission_Science_Vessel

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Roseo posted:

It's the hurq science vessel, yeah? Crescent, gold, bunch of little spikes on the underside.

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Hur%27q_Nekcrid_Assembly_Multi-Mission_Science_Vessel

Yes!

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
And it can be mine for ... 320,000,000 EC. While trying to find I found the beautiful Herald Quas which is 1,000,000,000 EC. So I guess neither then ?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Perry Mason Jar posted:

And it can be mine for ... 320,000,000 EC. While trying to find I found the beautiful Herald Quas which is 1,000,000,000 EC. So I guess neither then ?

Welcome to whaling. Only way to get the coolest stuff is to open your wallet.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
It rubs its wallet on its skin or else it gets the hose again.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Or you can spend your year meta token on it at the end of this year.

Though I've tentatively decided to get the flying tooth with mine. I abhor most STD S3 and S4 ships, but the tooth is so derpy I kind of love it.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I think I've said this before but I genuinely think the tooth is the best take on the 'super-future advanced completely incomprehensible floating parts' designs of Disco S3, it just gives no fucks about trying to make sense in a way that kinda works. It's just big and weird and abstract.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I want a fuckoff huge ship and BEAMS. What do I do?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Perry Mason Jar posted:

https://www.sto-league.com/beam-ships-in-the-current-century/

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Perry Mason Jar posted:

In terms of huge ships, how do you feel about the giant bad-guy Starfleet ship that Admiral Robocop had in Into Darkness?

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Kelvin_Vengeance_Intel_Dreadnought_Cruiser

Fidel Cuckstro fucked around with this message at 14:27 on May 24, 2022

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Oh haha well I'm immediately overwhelmed

Fidel Cuckstro posted:

In terms of huge ships, how do you feel about the giant bad-guy Starfleet ship that Admiral Robocop had in Into Darkness?

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Kelvin_Vengeance_Intel_Dreadnought_Cruiser

Oooh I like it

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
I would guess that the Lexington is the best non-legendary c-store ship for BEAMS that is also large. Gagarin is probably higher damage, but it's not as big.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

revtoiletduck posted:

I would guess that the Lexington is the best non-legendary c-store ship for BEAMS that is also large. Gagarin is probably higher damage, but it's not as big.

Lexington is VERY powerful overall. Much better than the Kelvin Dread. Gagarin is higher damage but I think that's more because you can use it for a cannon build, which just beats beams anyway. Lexington having a hanger bay keeps their beam damage competitive.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Eimi posted:

Lexington is VERY powerful overall. Much better than the Kelvin Dread. Gagarin is higher damage but I think that's more because you can use it for a cannon build, which just beats beams anyway. Lexington having a hanger bay keeps their beam damage competitive.
The Kelvin dread got a lot better with the release of the legendary bugship - now it can run SS3 in that otherwise useless cmdr eng seat. On paper, SS3 is now the second highest increased DSP firing mode after CSV3.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

g0del posted:

The Kelvin dread got a lot better with the release of the legendary bugship - now it can run SS3 in that otherwise useless cmdr eng seat. On paper, SS3 is now the second highest increased DSP firing mode after CSV3.

That strong? Wow. I might have to try it out, since I like the Konnie and have both versions of it.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

I always got the sense that the Kelvin Dread was bigger than the Lexington/Odyssey ships. I was more aiming for bigness in my suggestion

And you can do a Surgical Strikes build on the Kelvin, but it doesn't play great with the ship's trait :-/

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Eh, I run SS3 and FAW on my Kelvin Dread, one for swarms, one for single target, it's got the tac seating for it.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

My main problem with the ST fire mods is that almost everything in this game is swarms.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

recursive shearing is one of those lt. cmdr/cmdr/cmdr type skills where levels 2 and 3 are at the same seat, right?

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Fidel Cuckstro posted:

recursive shearing is one of those lt. cmdr/cmdr/cmdr type skills where levels 2 and 3 are at the same seat, right?

Yeah, you just have to craft the level 3 one with a Captain that has enough points in the Temp Op specialization.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

well darn, that option is out the window for the Vengeance.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
You can also buy it on the exchange or there are several goons who can craft it. I'm 99% sure it's not bind-on-pickup.

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010
Since the nerf of mudds/motivation, kit module recharge is back to a snore. Looking at some of the lockbox guns I have in my bank, and I have a 32c Standard and a 32c Modified phaser wide beam pistol. The standard has a proc for a one-time instant reduction to cooldown. The modified has a proc to improve recharge speed over time. Not that procs really matter much or that it will help significantly with the new sluggishness, but which recharge (instant or over-time) would you think is the best benefit?

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Wizard of the Deep posted:

You can also buy it on the exchange or there are several goons who can craft it. I'm 99% sure it's not bind-on-pickup.

Is this about my recursive shearing thing? I more meant the Vengeance has a lt. seat w/ temp ops, but since it's only lt. you can't slot even shearing 1 on it.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Eimi posted:

That strong? Wow. I might have to try it out, since I like the Konnie and have both versions of it.
Here, have way more numbers than anyone really needs about the various weapon enhancement abilities, taking into account the recent intel changes and the legendary bugship extender trait.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

And don't really underestimate single target skills. Yeah they're a little slower to kill swarms of stuff, but in general when you're dealing with swarms in a task force they're probably infinitely respawning trash that can't really do anything to you anyway, especially in a giant whale cruiser. Just focus on the nearest battleship or cube or whatever, obliterate it in a volley or two, and plink down the rest at your leisure.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I jumped into a random TFO (borg) and everything got obliterated so quick I hardly knew what happened. Is that the norm? Kinda wack

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
People chasing high dps numbers like to test their builds in the Borg TFOs. This means that a lot of people queue for Borg TFOs, so they are what is most likely to pop when you queue for a random TFO.

It's not really normal in most other TFOs.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Also the borg TFOs (except Hive) are the oldest in the game by far, and even if they've been tweaked over the years the enemies in them were inflated out of relevance ages ago.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I jumped into a random TFO (borg) and everything got obliterated so quick I hardly knew what happened. Is that the norm? Kinda wack

also- what level of difficulty did you queue? Normal- yep, everything melts.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Asimo posted:

Also the borg TFOs (except Hive) are the oldest in the game by far, and even if they've been tweaked over the years the enemies in them were inflated out of relevance ages ago.

much like the Borg on TV!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Last time I checked the record for ISA was like 21 seconds of combat, so yes, the borg queues can go fast. I can't remember the last time I saw an ISA that took more than 2 minutes (not counting the 1 minute timer at the start).

Fidel Cuckstro posted:

also- what level of difficulty did you queue? Normal- yep, everything melts.
Weirdly enough, normal IS sometimes takes longer, since the high DPS players won't even queue for it.