Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Edit: wrong thread

Burning_Monk fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jun 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Did they remove the 2800 storylines for Disco peeps? Really wanted that Jem boff and gamma doffs? Not to mention the Jem armor set. :(

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Okay cool I will check that out. Ran through the mission list with my disco alt and it seemed strange how it flowed.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Pioneer42 posted:

Thanks. Some of the mechanics are really hard to figure out in this game.

The MMO HMO > Star Trek Online: Some of the mechanics are really hard to figure out

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
I don't bother with getting stuff to gold because there is literally nothing in this game that requires it.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Too busy correcting the spelling in people's bios.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
drat, I really need bank slots too. This couldn't have come at a better time.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Dammit, can sites stop using upper case i's and lower case L's in the same code? It's 2020 people!

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Wow, i went from 0 banks slots to SO MANY! It's like having all the alt space on my main now.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Dick Trauma posted:

Goddamit that free Daft Punk bridge officer requires a special ship. I want my money back! :argh:

You can train him in normal skills if you don't have the "special ship".

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Dirty posted:

EDIT: Still defiantly flying my Tier 5 cat-carrier, multi-vector-assault nonsense and Galaxy-X. Fight me. Don't, you'll win.

:cheers: Cat-carrier is still the best ship in the game. :colbert:

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Mondian posted:

You buy the Aeon for it's skin, all other shuttles are now completely obsolete. Do they even run that shuttle stf anymore?

Haven't seen it in ages, wish they would run it more. I have a few good shuttle builds which I use in... uh... Vault?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Makes since after they changed it so t6 scales while leveling. No one is buying those ships except for consoles.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
I was today old when i found out you can auto-launch fighter craft with a right-click.

Been playing for 10 years.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Fidel Cuckstro posted:

Mike, what if the show started with Delenn ripping anal beads out of Commander Sheridan's rear end like starting a lawnmower?

This is not the Lawnmower Man remake I asked for.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
All ruined by one little Jem Hadar ship.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

g0del posted:

Yes. Any boff ability that you want up as often as possible can be on the same spam macro.

For keybinds, grab this program https://sourceforge.net/projects/sto-keybind/

I have been doing this manually for years, so it's nice to have a program that kind of simplifies and expands the process. Thanks!

:cheers:

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Roseo posted:

You're going to want all of them so that you can get your reputations maxed out. If you can get the marks necessary to get your reputations progressing the ones you'll buy the most out of are probably discovery, gamma, competitive, and Omega. Lukari and competitive are a pain to get from their focused tfos and may be worth prioritizing as well,.

You can get Lukari marks from the Tzenkethi Battleground.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
It looks like one of the hoverbikes from Destiny.

https://twitter.com/ShipTalkingPod/status/1466436335254872068

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mirror Geordi fucks like Riker.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Cythereal posted:

gently caress that, gimme age of sail in space with ponderous cruisers pulling broadside and trading hammer blows until one side's hull gives.

This is what I like the most when I was first playing STO (years ago). Actually having to use your power levels during a fight, relocating your shield faces, brace for impact when you see the torps coming in... all really fun stuff having to make decision that effect how the fight goes. Now it's just "grav-well and aoe, till next group shows up".

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

A 5/3 carrier. Neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Hans Falls From Tower
Enlisted