Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

giver336
Dec 28, 2013

It's time to d-d-d-d-
get murdered
Update #21: Bass Fishing

And so it begins; our final challenge. Run around for a half-hour waiting for a boss to spawn!

A true hero? So not us, then.

:stare: Oh. They changed you, haven't they?

Hm. Yes. That's... different.

Changes include:

-HP is now 1500 instead of 1000
-Damage of his attacks are now 200 instead of 300
-His attacks come out much faster
-He doesn't flinch unless he's hit with a move that deals 200 or more damage

I guess the devs found the time to do one final change.

Ah, this is where the interns put all the effort, I get it.

Oh boy, oh boy. It's that move. Hey, Yeti, watch this to learn how to NOT suck.

Instead maybe you could learn to eat rear end with your mouth open like that.

:chord: I could do this all day.

This is take what, like 100 after getting blown the gently caress up by Bass while being smug?

You are a Basshole.

Case in point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW6zzpdFbxY

This is the final S-rank, so you should definitely consider watching this. I'm going to give Bass a special episode on my S-rank Guide Saga, since he's the only thing substantial enough to talk about.

...Welp. That's it. We're done. That was the last chip.

Nice, 181/181. A nice round number.

Man, there isn't even a capstone boss to this game. The other games at least gave you something after getting all the chips. Don't you wish we had something like that?

...Like this!?

A surprise?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nhb0gaEtpc

The translation reads something like: Serious Rock Man, or some such. So, Serious SFMega? Geo Full Power? However you wanna call it. It was obvious that Geo was holding back from their first encounter anyway.

Tidbit: This data isn't in the original game, so this is more of a recreation. The only footage we have is some Capcom staff member playing against him at an event years ago.

Try him out here.

Sometimes it sucks that games have event-only stuff like this. Let me fight cool bosses, game! That's the best part of your gameplay!

The end!

thank gently caress i'm finally free

.....Or is it?

poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
That aggressive barrier usage is giving me Rogue flashbacks.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Wait. This isn't done yet? RIP Yeti. I'll take his place! But seriously, nice to see they changed up Bass/Forte/Whatshisface up for the lovely DS port of BN1. Shame we didn't get more of these.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kemix posted:

Wait. This isn't done yet? RIP Yeti. I'll take his place! But seriously, nice to see they changed up Bass/Forte/Whatshisface up for the lovely DS port of BN1. Shame we didn't get more of these.

We've lost absolutely nothing by not getting more of these. If you want to play a BN on your DS, BN5 Twin Leaders is a much better port than this mess, and I'm not sure how they got it right once then so terribly wrong afterwards. Then again, making BN1 not poo poo would've taken some effort, which isn't something Capcom is too keen on.

yodar
Apr 5, 2016

Blaze Dragon posted:

We've lost absolutely nothing by not getting more of these. If you want to play a BN on your DS, BN5 Twin Leaders is a much better port than this mess, and I'm not sure how they got it right once then so terribly wrong afterwards. Then again, making BN1 not poo poo would've taken some effort, which isn't something Capcom is too keen on.

BN5 DS is the only MMBN game I've one hundred percented without cheats so it's forever dear to me (I 100 percented MMBN2 as well but used a Gameshark for the 10 Secret chips because the effort it takes to get them is hellish).

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

If I had to guess, probably budget?
I'm guessing this wasn't given a huge budget because of the SF performing under and the general mega man brand I think not doing so great.
Though usually for hail mary last shots you seem like you should give more but...

giver336
Dec 28, 2013

It's time to d-d-d-d-
get murdered
Update #5: ClockMan and PostGame Navis

The video containing all of these are at the end of the post. They're just grouped up.

Overview: Operation Shooting Star's new boss is actually not too bad. He was programmed like a later BN-series boss, sporting some decent ideas here and there. It's a shame ClockMan's in a mostly-unchanged Battle Network 1.

His movement pattern goes: Move-Move-Pause/Attack. If you interrupt him on that third action with a chip that does 90 damage or more, he won't attack. With proper timing, you can cancel the clock's attack in the background.

Top Tier

: Put this down whenever he's about to attack. Easy interrupt.

: If ClockMan goes onto your side of the field, you have a small chance at dealing double damage. Otherwise, it's good for a near-guaranteed hit that breaks Clock Hands.

: Same as above

: Abuse the movement pattern to know when to attack with these. Can also destroy his Clock Hands and deal sizable damage.

High-Average

: Good option. Deals enough to flinch his moves and break a Clock Hand at the same time. Timestops, so your S-rank timer is safe. Not Top Tier since it's only 10% of his HP.

: It's not bad. Breaks the hands and causes him to flash, possibly skipping a Clock Attack.

: Can be a bit of a crapshoot but if he never attacks it, he will be super susceptible to its damage output.

: I guess. But that's only if the attack was close to your hitbox to begin with.

Suck Tier

: He moves fast enough that I don't see this hitting at least 50% of the time.

: You destroyed the Clock Hand...Yay?

: I would only recommend these if there were elemental advantages to exploit.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Tier

: Really not sure why you would choose this.

: no

: He moves around far too much for you to hit with this.

: What are you DOING!?

-----------

(credit goes to some dude on some no-name website)

Overview: MagicMan literally does not flinch. You are free to wail on him as much as you desire. Most of the viruses he summons aren't that strong. Spooky3 is the biggest threat by far. You need to bring massive AOE attacks. Not hard since this is BN1.

Top Tier

: Tough to ask for anything more of a counter than this. Only 2 viruses exceed 150 HP: MegalianA and StormBox, at 200 and 180 respectively. Still massive damage all around.

: Double kills galore. Bring 5 of these.

: Be a man and put the smackdown on this encounter.

High-Average Tier

: Most enemies will come to the front, but I prefer to use this on MagicMan himself. He doesn't flinch so he's potentially eating massive damage.

: The viruses don't fly, so you might have a niche for this chip.

: Good damage; similar range to Quake. Elemental.

: Hey, it's good AOE damage. Not-elemental, though.

Suck Tier

[img][/img]: You have better NaviChip options and yet you choose to go with these.

: gently caress you, MagicMan.

: There are...so many better ways of doing what you want.

: I mean, you have AreaGrabs...

Escapes the bottom tier thanks to buffs and SF MegaMan. But that's it.

"I hate Giver; He Bullied Me" Tier

: Wow. A good NaviChip being unapologetically bad because of the fight's design. Kudos! Presented without a hint of sarcasm. No, really.

: Can't hit him. AreaGrab won't let you focus the last two columns.

: Are you even paying attention?

: Who the gently caress thinks this a good idea? I would sooner recommend Shockwaves over this.

: :frogout:

: Even General Yeti would mock you for your skills.

: I think you know why.

-----------

Overview: Much like MagicMan, he, too, cannot flinch from your attacks. PharaohMan is frankly a joke. Just avoid the traps on your field and his AI falls apart. If you stay in the front and out of a sarcophagus' row, then you're completely safe.

Top Tier

: Shares a code with Gaia3 and doesn't cause flinching. High damage.

: Throwing is your friend.

: EAT IT. EAAAT ITTTT

: Use his own move against him. Works pretty well.

: Guaranteed damage. Just eats it.

: Regenerates in-between sarcophagus summons. With this up, he can't damage with anything but the Ratton attack if you don't step on the traps.

High-Average Tier

: It's real easy to time this. Knock out 20% of his HP just like that.

: The sarcophagus can mess with the cloud, so time this right. If you do, you'll get at least 3 hits in.

: Feel like rolling the dice? You'll get roughly 7-8 hits per chip that can be combo'd.

: With good timing, this works out pretty well.

Suck Tier

: Well, you have a small shot of landing a hit. Small.

: gently caress you, PharaohMan.

: Use his own move against him. Doesn't work well.

: The only one of this series that works, and hardly at that.

Universal's The Mummy Remake Tier

: I don't even know where to begin, but NO.

: Yes.

: The only way to hit him with this is to trigger the arrow move. Why would you do that?

: I'm going down, down, down in a shocking ring of thunder.

-----------

(seriously? no good .gifs of shadowman.exe? This fandom is slacking)

Overview: Probably the hardest Navi to S-rank outside Bass. ShadowMan spends so much time in the air where he's effectively invincible. This eats away your time creating a frustrating experience. You're going to want high-damage combos. Be aggressive. This isn't Battle Network 1 where you can have 5 ShadowMan V1 and just win. You'll probably want to take a risk or two like I did.

Top Tier

: His own chip is good against him simply for the raw damage that's required.

: He doesn't flinch from this. ABUSE IT.

: Track the real one and let loose with decent damage. You'll need to protect it by shooting the clones.

High-Average Tier

: Spray and pray, basically.

: Doesn't cause him to flash and lets you do a quick combo follow-up.

: Catch him with this with proper timing when he comes down. 200 damage is not to be sneezed at. You'll need all the damage you get.

; A good damage supplement. Follow it up when he lands.

: Pick your moments very carefully. One bad decision and he'll punish you with a ninja star.

Suck Tier

:When he lands, he has a moment where he pauses. Maybe you could make this work if you had follow-up.

: Wait until he lands and use StarForce MegaMan. Otherwise, forget landing these.

: Those ninja stars will expose you. Just stop.

: Yeah, this just isn't really gonna work.

Narutard Fanboys

: We are reaching levels of stupidity previously thought impossible

: Would you use a slow-homing attack on a fast character?

: Feel free to try, but I think you know how this turns out.

: I don't wanna talk about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9uS_yxnPow

giver336 fucked around with this message at 22:59 on May 26, 2019

giver336
Dec 28, 2013

It's time to d-d-d-d-
get murdered

rannum posted:

If I had to guess, probably budget?
I'm guessing this wasn't given a huge budget because of the SF performing under and the general mega man brand I think not doing so great.
Though usually for hail mary last shots you seem like you should give more but...

Releasing a game yearly probably accelerated burnout for the developers and fans. They ran through their ideas faster; you can tell later on in the series. Capcom really should stopped trying to compete with Pokemon and let the games come in their own time.

You could have had later BN games exclusively on the DS.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

giver336 posted:

Releasing a game yearly probably accelerated burnout for the developers and fans. They ran through their ideas faster; you can tell later on in the series. Capcom really should stopped trying to compete with Pokemon and let the games come in their own time.

You could have had later BN games exclusively on the DS.
considering that the DS takes about 100x longer to save than the GBA, and (as seen with Starforce Dungeons) would've almost certainly had some touchscreen gimmicks shoehorned in, I'm kinda glad the series kept to the GBA.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I think Star Force only had touch screen stuff for the first game.

Which is good, because the touch screen stuff was rear end.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I think Star Force only had touch screen stuff for the first game.

Which is good, because the touch screen stuff was rear end.

SF2 shoved all the touch screen gimmicks into the final dungeon, if my vague recollections from reading the LP a few months back aren't wrong.

Because everything related to Mu must be complete and utter poo poo.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Oh yeah. I remember having an annoying time drawing a few symbols due to the lack of a "backspace" option.

giver336
Dec 28, 2013

It's time to d-d-d-d-
get murdered
Update #22: It's The End... But I Feel New Life

Well, we're done... That's all she wrote. Short game.

Well, it was the first one, after all.

Do you see why this game bombed in Japan and thus never made it over? People were expecting a lot more than what they gave us. It's unfortunate, because even assuming the developers wanted to make huge, sweeping changes, they didn't have the time, staff or budget to do so.

We joke about the work being handed to the interns, but even if they had seasoned developers instead, it probably wouldn't have made a difference. They just didn't have enough of anything.

The new scenario wasn't horrible, by any means. Really weird at the start, but the character interactions more than make up for MegaMan's weird behavior. It's biggest flaw is not having a strong connection between Roll and MegaMan. You feel that with Harp Note and Geo. Not so much their Battle Network counterparts. You do have to ignore the Starforce 1 Battle Network sidequest, though. Not doing so just causes a mindfuck.

Yeah, tell me about it...

The new content is nice and appreciated. And what they did change was pretty good, but it only sheds more light on the other aspects missed. I would have loved for SubChips at the minimum when I was boss-hunting. There are so many things they could have done to make the worst-selling Battle Network game more appealing to newcomers. Having quick re-releases may turn an easy profit, but putting in the effort will make your series more appealing to newer fans.

They tried their best. If anything, adding in the map was probably the limit of 'extra stuff' they could squeeze in there. SubChips would have been a whole extra menu, as well as extra NPC shops and possibly more BMD changes.

For instance, in the later Battle Network games, you got one final boss at the end once you've gotten all the chips. That would be so easy to simply-

OH gently caress :stare:

What is thissssssssssssss

IIiiiiiii don't remember this

2-2-2-200 Aura!? aaaaaaaaaaaaa

2 Scuttlists at the start!? aaaaaaaaaaa

Yes feel Giver's fear and panic that is totally real and not feigned, aaaaaaaaa

Yeti.

Yeti, I threw a Quake 3. That deals 150.

And the Scuttlists didn't loving die!

I hope they stuff you in a locker.

Motherfucker, that laser PIERCES INVISIBLE NOW!?

MOTHER OF gently caress.

I hope you suffer.

This... this will be fun. Finally! A challenge!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIAg7BTmip4

There once was a great man named Giver
Who always loved the stage
He faced a fearsome Navi
While Yeti just wanted to rage

god your meter loving sucks

you start out with haiku and then shift to some iambic, and then i don't even KNOW what you did to mangle the next lines

I'll admit that I had some fun towards the end. But how could I not? Many thanks to Prof.9 for being the mule amazing friend and taking the time to give us more Battle Network content. I'm sure the tiny percentage of competent Battle Network players who love challenges like this (me included!) love it.

Check the Action Replay code down below to give it a go, unlike BassBS which required a patch. This should work for both the translated and untranslated versions of the game. Disclaimer: this was only tested on the English translation patch.

LifeVirusSP
Serious Geo

You can either talk to Chaud, or go fight LifeVirus in the same place he's normally fought. The difference is being able to use Hub.bat and getting 6/6/6 buster stats.

Yeah, you've got the Aura to deal with. Not many attacks in the game deal 200 or more. To make matters worse: Geo can't use this chip over the Scuttlist panels. That's a fault of the game, not Prof's.

More than that, you need to deal with 2 Scuttlists being on the field as opposed to 1 at the very start. This is still pretty manageable. Wood Scuttlist has a faster Wood Tower, and every Scuttlist can attack you when you aren't in a row. You aren't going to camp them this time.

Your biggest concern at the start? The new timings. LifeVirusSP not only charges at a different rate compared to the Base Level, but he will randomize them...within reason. You won't be able to look at his timings and immediately pick it up. Instead, you'll have to accept that it's beyond your control and find a different way of knowing when he'll attack. It exists, that much I promise you. LifeVirusSP still drops his Aura when he attacks, so it's imperative you decipher this.

Yep, it was tough to implement, but we officially have Invisible piercing in this game. The laser now deals 10 damage per frame for a variable total between 330-390. The damage changes slightly depending on what column you find yourself in. If your dumbass sits in the laser like a deer in headlights, you deserve to eat this damage. Since your mercy frames are removed whilst inside the laser, don't be surprised if a Scuttlist decides to hit you for a nasty combo attack.

Don't test him. If you think you're safe with an Invisible in the middle, then you have another thing coming. This isn't going to be the global solution you think it is. Even if you camp in the corner, you're gonna have to take a hit to the face once your chip comes off cooldown.

When he's lost 25% of his HP (<1500), he'll immediately summon a 3rd Scuttlist. Compare this to the first LifeVirus that started with 1, then ended up with 2. The fight is now officially difficult. The Scuttlist have their own respawn timer, and you'll need to keep track of those as well as LifeVirus SP's own attack openings. You may be great at dodging, but you'll eventually make a mistake and eat a nasty hit. You need to keep the Scuttlists down at all costs. I had to dedicate whole sections of my folder specifically to clear those drat bugs and that isn't an exaggeration.

He also introduces his Meteor attack even earlier now. Mixing this in with a triple Scuttlist threat is...yikes. Sure, you can use Invisible, but remember that LifeVirus loves to invis-pierce you when you aren't looking. It'll be tough, but you need to keep track of what he's doing and what his minions are doing.

If you have any massive AOE attacks, I suggest saving them for this phase. If you burned them all to get to here, well...

At half HP is when you will seriously start to hate Prof. He starts mixing in constant falling rocks. Luckily they only fall while he's charging an attack, but they still deal appreciable damage. Even if you knock out the Scuttlist, you're going to have to watch this and watch for your openings and be mindful of the Scuttlist spawn timer. Missed your chance? Oops. Now 3 Scuttlists spawn and now that just adds more to your plate.

Don't be surprised when you're just a tad off and your opening is gone. I suppose you could always force a trade; deal damage in exchange for your own HP, but that just gives the boss a bigger lead.

This is it, the final stretch. I personally dig the nice visuals that signal this attack incoming. There are several tells for this move, and all of them are on display. Spotting them is key to preparing for this. The lasers that come out of this attack are stronger than the attack he uses the whole fight...by 50%. The kicker? The lasers come out in a random formation. This is going to be a test of your reflexes. The cost of failure is high. Imagine all the HP you lost to get to this point only to now be expected to control your emotions and do careful dodges. I love it.

Look familiar? :v:

You need to keep track of the rocks AND the Scuttlist respawn timer AND all the poo poo on the field AND the visual tells that signal this attack AND the hint you learned to attack LifeVirusSP properly in order to get up to this point. All while choosing your chips carefully at each step. I hope you budgeted your chips properly. No, seriously. If you burned your AOE to get this far, you're probably dead.

Don't deal with the constantly respawning Scuttlists? You're definitely dead.
Can't keep track of the elements on the field all at once? You're pretty dead.
Forgot that Multi-Laser was a thing you need to watch out for? Better hope you get lucky...or you're dead.
Can't dodge the rocks but you did well up until halfway through? You just lost your lead.
Chose your chips in the wrong order, even once? You just fell way behind.

I've had runs where I made a small gently caress-up and half my HP evaporated. Laser into Scuttlist attack is something you'll have to respect. Mind you, the attacks themselves do less damage than Bass. They do. It's just that now the attacks can either box you in, or come at you faster. Despite the damage being lower overall, you're just hit so many times more.

Our QA tester made an interesting comment:

QA Tester posted:

Given what you can do in Battle Network 3 and this game, between BassBS and this, I think LifeVirus SP is the harder boss.

Make of that what you will. There is no S-rank chip reward this time. So just go for the win at all costs. I was able to do this without a perfect save, so if you were just playing along, see if you can beat this challenge. Now tell Yeti to stop being a puss and beat this boss.

Sit on a controller and spin, you rear end in a top hat.

--------

I guess this LP has given us....life. Eh? Eh?

This. This is what you wanted to end the LP with.

There's no accounting for lack of taste, I suppose.

giver336 fucked around with this message at 23:10 on May 26, 2019

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I was half expecting Rogue BS, but that'd require making new sprites. Pretty neat to see a stronger Life Virus, though. I was under the assumption the plot of OSS was going to be Wily examining Geo and using future data/technology to enhance the Life Virus.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I was expecting rockman SFBS.

giver336
Dec 28, 2013

It's time to d-d-d-d-
get murdered
Just need to upload the Bass S-ranking video and that's all she wrote. Short game, which I'm OK with. Next LP will be Yeti's Star Force 1 LP starting next Tuesday the 30th, so look forward to that. There will be a re-directing post here when it's time. Thanks for reading this (mostly) pointless LP of a (mostly) pointless re-release, goons.

giver336 fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Apr 24, 2019

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Thank you both for this lp, it was pretty enjoyable to see this game and all its glory....so to speak.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

giver336 posted:

Next LP will be Yeti's Star Force 1 LP

:toot:

I think I remember EPM starting to get into the series. Hopefully he can catch the new LP.

TuKeZu
Nov 29, 2015

Maybe the real superboss is the friends we made along the way wrestling with Action Replay DS, I can't get the LifeVirus SP code to work on the JP version no matter what I do (I found out there's like a 107 line limit or something, but splitting the code into three just gives me a white screen on boot)

But that might be for the best, I just barely managed to beat Serious Geo...

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Thanks for the LP, it was pretty interesting to see the MMBN game I've never played in new light.

Prof. 9
Jan 3, 2015
I hope everyone enjoyed the LifeVirus SP fight! This is something I had been wanting to make for a while and Giver's LP was as good an opportunity as any. The possibilities were somewhat more limited here since all the changes needed to fit into an Action Replay DS code, so something like adding new sprites was out of the question. (Though I did end up having to add in a small '2' graphic for the LifeVirus's 200 HP aura). Despite that, I'm quite happy with how it turned out.

TuKeZu posted:

Maybe the real superboss is the friends we made along the way wrestling with Action Replay DS, I can't get the LifeVirus SP code to work on the JP version no matter what I do (I found out there's like a 107 line limit or something, but splitting the code into three just gives me a white screen on boot)
I guess that's what happens when you make an ARDS cheat for emulators. They all have different quirks with regards to how they process cheats, so I had to make the cheat way longer than it needs to be.

I've created a shorter version of the cheat and split it up into two parts that are both less than 107 lines; could you try that and see if it works? It's been added to the Pastebin.

TuKeZu
Nov 29, 2015

It worked! ...kinda, it seems like even the slimmer code is still a bit too much for the DS/AR to handle.

(No I didn't touch my folder, what gave it away :v:)

Prof. 9
Jan 3, 2015
Thanks! I just added some extra lines to the code in the Pastebin that might make things a little easier on the ARDS by only applying the patch once rather than constantly. If that doesn't work I guess the code really is just too large for the game to handle.

TuKeZu
Nov 29, 2015

Prof. 9 posted:

Thanks! I just added some extra lines to the code in the Pastebin that might make things a little easier on the ARDS by only applying the patch once rather than constantly. If that doesn't work I guess the code really is just too large for the game to handle.
That did the trick, it seems to be running full speed now! (plus it doesn't freeze after the battle either)

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
Hey! You! Goon reading this. Yeah you.

Drop what you're doing and check it out, we've started the Starforce LP!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

GeneralYeti posted:

Consider what I'm doing dropped. I'm all in for this. Maybe I can even be more positive than I was for this incredibly lazy attempt at a port!

giver336
Dec 28, 2013

It's time to d-d-d-d-
get murdered
Update #6: Basstard

Overview: Finally, a boss worth talking about in exclusivity. OSS buffed Bass' HP to 1,500, which is no small-change in Battle Network 1 (with nerfed folder possibilities). Bass' ability to deploy nigh-undodgeable attacks means you'll have to choose your chips well. Your chip-order is probably more important than what you actually bring.

Bass will move about 3 times and shoots an AirBurst down a single row. His next move will go into the back column and do 1 of 3 moves: blue, red and yellow AirBurst. When he does, his Aura is dropped. If you have a move that deals 200+ damage, interrupt him NOW. If he performs a blue charge, don't use Barriers, this move will pierce it. Otherwise, you have pretty much open reign. If it's red, Bass is still open for very long, but you'll want a defense. If it's yellow, Bass is the least open and just worry about defending through it. This is better shown than read, so check the video.

Top Tier

: Honestly the best chip for this fight. Flinches Bass. Farmable. Can be used by both characters.

: Deploy this when Bass is charging, and his Aura will be broken and continuous damage will be applied. Very efficient.

: Gotta restate, since this flinches Bass. You'll need this.

: Bring Star Force MegaMan. Just do it.

High-Average Tier

: D-code, so not too many options, but hey, 210 damage.

: Somehow DOESN'T flinch him. Game pls.

: The Blue AirBurst pierces Barrier. Just something to take note of.

: Bass loves the back column. I swear these chips were made for this boss.

Suck Tier

: High damage. But unless you have AreaGrabs, good luck.

: The last of this will flinch, but you need to flinch at the right times. The parts where you really need to hit Bass is the time where Mine isn't useful.

: Lot of damage, but that danged Aura will make using this much harder.

: When the Aura inevitably drops, feel free to use this for a very quick 180 damage. Small window of opportunity, so don't put in too many.

: You'll need to use or , but that's still 200 damage.

Avengers EndGame Spoiler Assholes Tier

: Nerfed hard. Only decent as a small damage supplement.

: No.

: :rant:

: Bass can float over holes. Useless.

*Disclaimer: the Thunder piercing the Aura in the video is due to the LifeVirusSP cheat I still had on. Ignore my idiocy. Or laugh. Your pick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icp6u4loVGQ

giver336 fucked around with this message at 23:09 on May 26, 2019

giver336
Dec 28, 2013

It's time to d-d-d-d-
get murdered
E: I am an idiot ^^^^

That's the end. Thanks to all who watched this lovely LP. I'll be locking this thread in a few days.

GeneralYeti posted:

It looks like Yeti's LP is well underway, so do give that a follow. I'm just co-commentating this go-round, but I'll still bring the knowledge. Let's hope Yeti has improved his skills since my BN3 LP. I consider myself a tough teacher.

giver336 fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Apr 29, 2019

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Thank you for the great LP! It's reignited my interest in MMBN and I've been playing through the games since I only got to play a few when I was young. I'm currently on 3 and am having a lot of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I haven't commented much but I read the LP thoroughly so thank you, I really didn't want to play through BN1 again just to see the new content.