Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Onmi posted:

Also Lan didn't have enough friends, so they changed Froid's child to a permanent character and gave him Iceman, and then they had Dingo permanently join the team. And Ms Gauss was the leader of the Neo WWW . And they had to explain why several Darkloids were now normal navi's or how Shadowman is an independant assassin and worked for Dr. Regal and after he is brought back to life by Wily, he's finally GIVEN to Dusk

Also they really liked Laika, because you know how they did the whole "Merging with your navi in the REAL WORLD" well for the longest time the people who could do that were Lan, Chaud... and Laika for some reason. They adored Searchman and Laika

now i finally understand why Polish TV ran a show about why NT warrior was bad for children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Miss posted:

now i finally understand why Polish TV ran a show about why NT warrior was bad for children

And then you have really weird things like the N1 Grand Prix is invaded by the WWW, who aren't running it, and Suneyama isn't involved. But then Wily heads up Gospel, called Grave, and Sean doesn't exist? And it's only half a season and Gospel is just a weird monster Alpha is completely skipped over, Life Virus shows up for like half an episode? And then we're on to Nebula and the Darkloids, but to be clear, Duo is not after the Darkloids, Regal's just like "Sup, I'm the new villain".

So then Duo shows up in the next season and is all "Huh, looks like you sorted out that Regal stuff, well I'm still gonna test you since Cross Fusion is super introducing. Also here's my OC, Slur

She... He... Slur can totally beat Megaman, Protoman and Searchman all teaming up, and kill Bass! Now Slur's going to go around and give people new Navi's because :shrug: Also they're NOT Serenade, because Serenade didn't look down on everything as Inferior.

Like... Princess Pride is never a member of Gospel/Grave, And then when Tesla shows up, she makes Gauss the janitor for the Neo WWW and then he acts like matchmaker for Tesla and Charlie and there's no Team Colonel/Protoman Meddy wants the Megabuster.

Look, at some point, they decided they didn't want to do Megaman Battle Network anymore, but they were contractually obligated to do Megaman Battle Network, so they used it as a skin for their weird loving show.

I guess it had a decent OP though

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

To be fair, it was only called Grave in the dub which hosted a bunch of other weird edits like calling Napalmman Motanicman (and no, moltanic is not a real word).

But yeah, around Axess or so they just flat out stopped giving a poo poo about the source material and just used it as a base to do their own thing (though the manga kind of did this too to be honest).

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The "hyper advanced civilization" thing with Pharaohman is hilarious considering Star Force 2 would end up confirming that, yes, a hyper advanced civilization did exist before the series. Sure, it was EM-wave-based rather than internet-based, but nonetheless the manga got it right or Capcom actually liked the idea enough for it to be a thing in the worst game of the trilogy, and retroactively to all of SF and BN.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Blaze Dragon posted:

The "hyper advanced civilization" thing with Pharaohman is hilarious considering Star Force 2 would end up confirming that, yes, a hyper advanced civilization did exist before the series. Sure, it was EM-wave-based rather than internet-based, but nonetheless the manga got it right or Capcom actually liked the idea enough for it to be a thing in the worst game of the trilogy, and retroactively to all of SF and BN.

Blaze, we swore never to speak of SF2, there was an ancient covenant, people died!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Onmi posted:

Also here's my OC, Slur

She... He... Slur can totally beat Megaman, Protoman and Searchman all teaming up, and kill Bass! Now Slur's going to go around and give people new Navi's because :shrug: Also they're NOT Serenade, because Serenade didn't look down on everything as Inferior.

Slur was a girl, as I recall, and also the worst. Apparently she gets hit with three Program Advances at once and doesn't even flinch.

Later, Bass shows up and rips her apart (literally) after absorbing Nebula Gray, which is the last time he appears in the show, as I recall.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Larryb posted:

By Stream they pretty much turned the show into a Megaman-themed Sentai series minus the giant robots. In addition to those three nearly everyone from BN5 (plus Mayl and Yuri) gained the ability to fuse with their Navis except for Higsby and Ribbita (in fact I believe Toadman only appeared in the anime once during the second season). Thankfully they dialed this down a bit in the final two seasons.
The first two games also had a manga adaption if I remember right but it was more comedy focused and I don't think any of them were ever translated.
IIRC, Higsby and Ribitta were the commentators during the N1 Grand Prix, which was great, because Higsby's a giant goon who should never have been put in front of a TV camera. Toadman didn't do much other than act as a mascot for Ribitta? But hey, when you're a giant frog, that's kinda your lot in life.

The manga covered the entire series? Like, it's got BN1/2, characters from 3 (even though Alpha is written as basically Nebula Grey, with the focus on DARK ENERGY™), the fuckshit with the darkloids from 4 & 5, and something tangentially related to 6, with the cybeasts.
Unless you mean they did a second manga that was a direct adaptation of the first two games, in which case :psyduck:.

Larryb posted:

To be fair, it was only called Grave in the dub which hosted a bunch of other weird edits like calling Napalmman Motanicman (and no, moltanic is not a real word).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7ZDjeSP7fQ
:v: "Let's do it, MoltanicMan!"

Other weird things from the anime: there was like... a vocaloid lady. Before vocaloids were a big thing, I think? Mega had sort of a crush on her, IIRC. Japan gets weird about idols.

Cat ears were because of an episode in which every netnavi contracted a virus that turned them into cat people. I'm assuming the last pic is due to, like, dark energy corruption or whatever? I've no fuckin' idea. Presumably that's what happened because Count Zap did the same thing to Roll at one point, and turned her into a dominatrix.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Onmi posted:

And then you have really weird things like the N1 Grand Prix is invaded by the WWW, who aren't running it, and Suneyama isn't involved. But then Wily heads up Gospel, called Grave, and Sean doesn't exist? And it's only half a season and Gospel is just a weird monster Alpha is completely skipped over, Life Virus shows up for like half an episode? And then we're on to Nebula and the Darkloids, but to be clear, Duo is not after the Darkloids, Regal's just like "Sup, I'm the new villain".

Gregar & Falzor did get full treatment, at least, which was nice. Though I bvet if they could have figured out a way to get the beast power ups without them, they would have.

quote:

Look, at some point, they decided they didn't want to do Megaman Battle Network anymore, but they were contractually obligated to do Megaman Battle Network, so they used it as a skin for their weird loving show.

I guess it had a decent OP though
Beast's OP was my favorite, personally https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7_HfyDZS6g

Also shows off what you were talking about earlier, how Laika was basically the third major character. And another entirely new OC, Trill: he's a little baby with a mysterious connection to viruses and the beasts. Because why not!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Blaziken386 posted:

Count Zap did the same thing to Roll at one point, and turned her into a dominatrix.

Ah yes, the episode where Lan and Mayl have to watch helplessly as Roll performs BDSM upon MegaMan.

:japan:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Blaziken386 posted:

The manga covered the entire series? Like, it's got BN1/2, characters from 3 (even though Alpha is written as basically Nebula Grey, with the focus on DARK ENERGY™), the fuckshit with the darkloids from 4 & 5, and something tangentially related to 6, with the cybeasts.
Unless you mean they did a second manga that was a direct adaptation of the first two games, in which case :psyduck:.

I was talking about the Star Force manga, which to my knowledge has never been translated.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Aug 7, 2018

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
You know, I think every MMBN thread is required to have dumb, half assed pictures.
To that end, have a Higsby. The most relateable MMBN character, huh.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm going to assume this is canon.

giver336
Dec 28, 2013

It's time to d-d-d-d-
get murdered
Just sent the newest update to Yeti after a one-week break. May be up tomorrow. My schedule should be normal for a while, depending on how real-life circumstances are.

GIF to hold you over:

giver336 fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Aug 18, 2018

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

giver336 posted:

Just sent the newest update to Yeti after a one-week break. May be up tomorrow. My schedule should be normal for a while, depending on how real-life circumstances are.

GIF to hold you over:

I was really hoping this was going to end in a zenny drop

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

giver336 posted:

GIF to hold you over:

drat it Giver, stop jerking yourself off for finally not getting a zenny drop after some setup and being awesome!

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

Guys... That's a gif from when he took over the most recent BN3 LP...

giver336
Dec 28, 2013

It's time to d-d-d-d-
get murdered
Update #10: Art Lessons

I suppose Mayl's parents are business-people. This is about the only time this is mentioned to my recollection. Sheesh. And Lan complains his Dad isn't around. Least he has an active Mom.

Well, they needed an excuse for why Mayl lives alone and her mom never shows up on screen. At least they didn't go 'Her parents live in a different city'.

So after this, you need to go to the MetroLine, but you need to go in and out for Mayl to appear.

...Wait, what? How did they screw up that cutscene trigger? Weird. And that's something from the original, it's not a bug the new version added.

How dare you make me reload maps to trigger a flag.

NO! I had to waste 4 seconds!

I'm using speed-up while playing along so it was maybe half a second. Much better. At least GBA load times are roughly non-existent?

I do appreciate the turn-around. And I completely forgot that the cars still travel through cutscenes in BN1.

...Bygones? That's... weird. Was that something changed in the translation? Nope, that's what they said in the original. Translators, you can do better than this.

And she sends us ahead, which we already did last update, so this is awkward.

You know, we waited for her and everything. Mayl, PLS!

Sometimes things just slip on the schedule. Unlike my schedule for writing this co-commentary. Definitely not.

She sends this literally after stepping foot in the town, so I guess her grandmother's isn't far off.

How are we going to afford antiques as elementary school children? She's rich! Let her buy it.

At least we know where an antique shop is, so that's easy enough. (Here's a hint: the whole area is shaped like a plus. If we count the entrance to the metro as the bottom, then Miyu's shop is on the right arm.)

And we get Roll2 R.

Roll2 has buffed from 80 to 100. Yay.

Oh, look, changed dialogue. The original text said you should check the bus signs, if Yeti feels like grabbing.

Take a look:

Yep. That's the only difference.

Like so.

So, I already fought Miyu. Only thing I need to do is go inside the shop and exit.

Just a quick hop, skip, and jump to area 1 later, and...

It's supposed to be green, but it looks blue. In fact, the dungeon uses blue roads and ColorMan uses AquaTower. I'm confused. Is this a Japanese thing?

The lights in Japan are what we'd consider green due to international standards, but the Japanese language calls it blue (due to linguistic shifts that really don't apply to this LP, so I won't bog people down with the specifics that I'm not all that sure of myself). In some pictures they look more blue than others, but I'm not sure why these lights are blue-ish. Maybe turquoise, which is halfway between blue and green.

Dead. The bodies have disintegrated. Dead. The game never does say.

They've gone to the great Navi Graveyard in the Internet.

Gee, who could have caused this?

"It's a little pricey at 1,000,000 Zennys, but it's worth it! On sale at Central Dentown only while supplies last!"

This is such an IT scam. "sir there is virus in your compooter. pleez let me teamviewer to fix"

"Quick, install this rootkit and then also let me add a syskey to your computer and that will definitely fix the problem. Also pay me $150 so that I can install 'firewalls'.

I'm sorry, what?

Man, WWW is full of poopieheads, I'll tell you what.

What jerks they are. Though, if these people are falling for it, that kinda explains why Lan is roughly as competent as every other adult.

I have to admit: I like this dungeon. Both the music and the gimmick. It'spretty cool.

"However, the signal remained green!

You should still remember this. The road has to be red when we flip the switch to solve the puzzle.

Red means it's solved, of course.

Touch an orb to change the road's main color. We can only walk on whatever is currently a main color, so this is an exercise in spatial reasoning. I typically excel at these.

Plus, these are puzzles designed for kids. I'd be surprised if you couldn't. Though, maybe not that surprised.

You'll find cases like these where you'll have to touch an orb, grab something, and re-touch the same orb to progress. For here, I just grabbed the data on the blue path, looped around, touched an orb and got the red path.

Fun change alert! Bubbler was updated to BubbleSpread (BubSpread) by the translators.

This place isn't really a maze, either. Which is good, since the road is meant to simulate highways.

I dunno, have you seen some of the highways in DC? Things look like an architect spilled his spaghetti and then used that as the design.

Nothing we haven't seen before.

There we go. The stop signal is permanently on STOP, which will cause traffic backup for days, but it's better than the alternative. ...or is it?

I'd say it is. Plus, when we jack out, everything's conveniently set up that we can walk across, no problems.

Yeah, all they have to do is kill a few viruses. Plebs.

Wow, pathetic.

:shrug:

The e-mail loving came from the https://www. The email sender literally said "Your WWW". Jesus Christ.

It's like if you got an email saying "Nigerian Scammer" and then still fell for the prince offering you a million dollars.

3-for-3 literally.

"No, you're the bad guy." :geno:

Stunning conversationalist, our Lan is.

This bitch just went there.

Oh poo poo, she's going after the dog. Someone call John Wick.

I want that son of a bitch dead! I want him dead! I want his family dead! I want his house burnt to the ground!

The Boogeyman comes.

Nah, we'll be fine. Our family is full of competent NetBattlers who didn't need saving.

Literally taking two steps.

Thanks, Blinkie. You always pull through when you're needed.

I forgot that Caller ID wasn't really used in BN1. MegaMan should have known who this was prior to the call request finishing.

And if our hero Lan Hikari doesn't score at least a Busting Level of 7 in every virus encounter, this bus will explode!

It's like Speed, except worse and stupider in every way.

Alright, I won't give Mayl as much poo poo for this one. But she should at least jack in and inspect the problem.

She really doesn't have that much time. And it's possible there's no jack in port on the inside of the bus.

Our first time seeing Jellys. They move up and down in their row and will eventually unleash an unavoidable attack. Some players may detest the very idea of something like that, but you get more than enough time.

Boo.

It's not like you need money or anything. You get enough from the random battles.

I think this marks us having all 5 Escapes for that trade. I'm not sure I want to give them up since it means I'll have 0 Escape chips. It's not that I run away...I just like seeing my library in my pack.

As a kid, I always tried to get some sort of Escape PA, but didn't realize that it wouldn't happen.

The maps are marginally helpful here, letting you better plan out your routes. It'd be even better if they marked the orbs on the map. It wouldn't have been very hard, either. Capcom why.

That being said, the answer is "Go straight, then take the last right before the orb". They're not hard.

I do dig the slight escalation of danger this dungeon tries to use. As I said, Battle Network tries to use its narrative and setting in a way the other games simply don't. This contributes to how weird it feels from the rest of the series. It's not a bad thing, for sure.

And we're already meeting HeatJellys (V2).

Yoink.

Grabbed this too while I was here.

"Hang on a sec Mayl just gotta grind up some chips from these viruses."

Drat. I shouldn't have virus busted those extra few seconds away. Time to get to the next bus stop.

This is entirely your fault.

drat, she makes calls to taunt you, too. Just like Mr. Match, yeesh.

I'm not sure that's how this works.

...It's... I'm not very good with engines/cars in general, so I don't know, but any machine flowing backwards will probably screw something up.

Lan? Call the Officials. She was last seen in the area. Get her rear end arrested.

You literally know what she looks like, you know where she is, just... do something.

This map just looks like loads of fun doesn't it.

There's two orbs on either side of Giver. Flicker effects!

Yoink.

Much like Bubbler, Heater became HeatSpread to reflect Battle Network 2's naming conventions.

Comp 1 -- 800 Zennys

Comp 3 -- 500 Zennys

Why?

Because you get all your zenny from viruses, duh.

Mettaur and Swordy3's. Nice. There are also Swordy2's, but they're not much for showing.

We finally see Powie2's. Now we can complete the Quake chip series and maybe use HeavyStamp offscreen

I use it in my folder, it's fine.

Score.

I'll just take my C-code, thank you very much.

Only place to get this code, incidentally.

It's worth noting that Lan and Megaman have another chat during the dungeon, though it's more of the same.

The pink barriers actually touch the bus, slowing it down a tad.

I don't see how Lan is actually getting ahead of the bus, unless it's moving around in circles.

Apparently the bus driver has control over the vehicle, but can't slow down or get the passengers off? I guess.

Notice how there are no spaces in Mayl's subject line. You can just feel her nervousness seeping through to her message. It's the little things, honestly. I can't even give Mayl poo poo for this.

What's this? Actual sympathy welling up inside me?

...Nah.

I think that's heartburn. Stop being you, maybe it'll help.

Second-to-last computer. Yep, there are 5 areas.

Much better. Thank you.

But... but your virus battles! What will you do if you don't need zenny?

We make a loop-de-loop and pull...and your dungeon's looking good.

Free HP Memory is the best HP memory since I won't be buying them for a good while.

We finally see Ammonicule1's. We did need the first level of their chip.

Call me your pescetarian.

That joke makes no sense.

Why yes, there are Level 1 Canodumbs in this area. Because that's interesting. Why not a Canodumb3. Jesus.

Flicker effects, but the barrier spawns right here, really catching the bus and slowing it down significantly.

Man, these cars... I don't understand how they work at all.

It's actually slow enough for us to run ahead of it. It's that slow, so I'm curious as to why the people on the bus don't try to jump out the window. Break the windows, people!

But if they jumped out, they'd break all their antiques! Also, the jack-in is entirely automatic at this point.

Final computer. And this line right here introduces another bug that was never fixed in Battle Network 1. Everytime you read this line, the encounter rate resets. So if you abuse it, no virus encounters during this segment. I'm not going to do that, but there's your tip for the day.

Huh, that's actually neat. Maybe they do variable changes before checking if you can actually jack out? Neat.

We need to hit 4 switches this time. The aim is to trap the bus in an intersection, forcing the autodrive machine to completely stop.

C-code is top tier.

1/4

I approve of this drop. Approve so, so much.

I'm not so much of a fan. It just seems... excessive.

2/4 And would you look at this funny looking puzzle.

3/4

The puzzle is easier than it looks, you can only go in one direction more than a few steps.

Halfway through the game, so far the dungeon drops appear to be mostly identical between OSS and BN1.

There we go. Canodumb 3 is in a single encounter in the entire area of Traffic Comp 3. Just go to Undernet 9 and find him there.

4/4

You did it!

Hah. You're boxed in.

...That's not even a pun?

Yeah Ms.Madd. Call and get mad about how we just won.

Now that? That's a pun. :argh:

Translators PLS.

I can't imagine her without a Valley Girl accent, so they're pretty spot-on in my opinion.

Activated? So was it on a timer, or were you literally screwing with us and just decided to push the button. I prefer the latter as it's cooler.

Wow, what a bitch.

That would have killed Lan, too, based on proximity. Like, drat.

So close to ending Part 1 early. And then the protagonist would be Ms. Madd! Wielder of Wheel of Fortune!

About time! Is Mayl literally the only person on that bus?

I can't believe this plan was foiled because ColorMan got horny.

Roll, being a civilian (though customized heavily) NetNavi stands no chance against a hacker's NetNavi. Only Officials and MegaMan's special origin can fight them.

"No, you idiot, of course I'm not okay!"

I suppose this answers my question. Madd/ColorMan have to actively push a button, otherwise Roll's distraction is irrelevant.

We need to get our mail!

...I know that pun sucked.

Gods drat it Giver.

Look at the map. The platform is the bus' net, hence why it doesn't appear in Traffic Comp 5 proper. I guess.

Oh, that's actually pretty neat. I never noticed that before.

:staredog:

I. Hate. Clowns.

Sir. Take your ball off the girl.

Sir this is sexual harrassment, please stop.

The dude hops up over Roll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4BPG722o7k

ColorMan's attacks all go straight and turn once, so, if you had trouble, then you sucked.

I got hit a few times because I stopped giving a drat and just held speed-up the whole time.

Hm. Red and blue roads. Faux-Red(pink) and Blue NetNavi. Hmmmmm.

Is this game trying to tell us they'll be paired up or something. :tinfoil:

Or maybe they're just telling us that blue and red are excellently contrasting colors and work well in a color palette together.

Wow. Just wow. Lan thinks saving Mayl is annoying. drat. When did he become more like me? Even I don't think Mayl could have realistically done anything different. Her Navi isn't meant to fight hackers.

It was annoying, though. Plus Lan's still kind of a little poo poo in this game.

MegaMan is trying to be a wingman. Dammit, Lan!

He's trying really, really hard.

That's right. Forget about Lan peeking in on you earlier. Just forget alllll about it.

See? Lan gets it. Despite all who claim otherwise.

Nothing's worse than getting roasted by your sentient PDA.

Well, what do you expect? I mentioned last update the effects of Lan's father not being around. Plus, the kid's 11.

He just doesn't understand women.

Mayl walks off, but no, Roll, you're the dense one. Lan does get it, in the small way his kid brain can comprehend it. Girls grow faster so she has a better idea of it.

Morons.

Yeah, let's just make fun of the kid for not getting something it's entirely possible he is literally not old enough to comprehend.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Geez, no one thought to get rid of the virus with their Navis?

Also, I remember a bus hijacking like this being a thing in Code Lyoko, which has a similar plot setup of evil AI causes problems for kids.

ALSO, why is every clown in this series some kind of bad touch weirdo?

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Aug 20, 2018

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Geez, no one thought to get rid of the virus with their Navis?

They didn't want to sully their antique battlechips.

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?
I'm only on the first page and still reading to catch up but gently caress yeah battle network. Best fuckin game series. BN1 blows in comparison to the rest, but this series was a huge part of my childhood so I've got nothing but love for it. Excited to read this and catch up to y'all :)

Prof. 9
Jan 3, 2015

giver336 posted:

About time! Is Mayl literally the only person on that bus?
These guys were too:

Yes, that's a thing. Kai's, who only appears in the spin-off Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge, backstory is that he was on the bus that was about to explode, and seeing Lan's heroic actions inspired him to get his poo poo together and start taking NetBattling serious.

Incidentally, BCC also adds that Ms. Madd/ColorMan had locked the doors and turned the heating on full blast, causing everyone to get dizzy and/or pass out.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Prof. 9 posted:

These guys were too:

Yes, that's a thing. Kai's, who only appears in the spin-off Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge, backstory is that he was on the bus that was about to explode, and seeing Lan's heroic actions inspired him to get his poo poo together and start taking NetBattling serious.

Incidentally, BCC also adds that Ms. Madd/ColorMan had locked the doors and turned the heating on full blast, causing everyone to get dizzy and/or pass out.

I figured there was plenty of stuff hidden away in that spinoff. A shame the script isn't readily available.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Battle Chip Challenge was such a weird game

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Also, I remember a bus hijacking like this being a thing in Code Lyoko, which has a similar plot setup of evil AI causes problems for kids.

Plenty of long-running series with self-contained episodes do a Speed-based episode sooner or later, it's right there with shriking and body-switching episodes.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Giver, where my progs at?

giver336
Dec 28, 2013

It's time to d-d-d-d-
get murdered
Bonus Update: yopyop Is GodTier

No Yeti here with me, today. It;s the update you've all been waitingnot waiting for!

YAAAAY. MINIGAMES.

I'll just link the video. This showss off using MegaMan(BN), MegaMan(SF) and ProtoMan to take down Bass. You can unlock Bass as playable character, but only after 50 multiplayer matches. Sadly I can't show this off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td7a8LVN2zI

It's possible to stack up your bombs -- you'll see this at multiple points. Have a bomb, stand near another Bomb Item pick-up. When Bass draws near, you press B, quickly pick up the other bomb and press B again. It takes some practice, and I even flub it a bit, but this is how you kill Bass really quickly.

When you die, Bass will usually speed up by a factor of 2 and just outright kill you. I got lucky at the end with finding Super Speed Up and catching him with a bomb.

It's possible to go up to 3, but that all depends on how the bombs decide to spawn. I've never seen it go beyond a 3-hit, so I doubt anymore is feasible.

When you lose, Mr.Prog gives helpful hints. The hints he gives in multiplayer differs from the one in the story, and in fact, the multiplayer hints tell you how to unlock GutsMan *.

If you win in under 2 minutes, you get a total of 20 points, vs. 55 for 1 minute. I don't like the steep drop. They should have divided the tiers by another 30 seconds. 1 min. 1:30 and 2 minutes.

It's possible to get it under a minute, but the bomb spawns and Bass' initial speed all play a factor, and so, a lot of it is luck-based if you want to go for a certain time.

Yes. I had over 1,000 from just playing. Remember, these rewards are all infinite.

Just the usual grind. Anyways, that's it! Hope you like the minigame.

giver336 fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Sep 1, 2018

giver336
Dec 28, 2013

It's time to d-d-d-d-
get murdered
The meat and potatoes update (update 11) should be up by tomorrow. Thanks to all who waited; I had to deal with some hectic real-life circumstances.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It's all good! Hopefully everything is better now. :)

Looking forward to the next update of this "crossover".

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

MightyPretenders posted:

I figured there was plenty of stuff hidden away in that spinoff. A shame the script isn't readily available.

You're giving me a beautiful mental image of a giver LP of that game. Comprehensive.

giver336
Dec 28, 2013

It's time to d-d-d-d-
get murdered

Discendo Vox posted:

You're giving me a beautiful mental image of a giver LP of that game. Comprehensive.

I got all 243 chips in that game and beat the 100-battle tournament. Why must you make me do it again?

:negative:

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Boy that minigame looks... not fun. At all.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

giver336 posted:

I got all 243 chips in that game and beat the 100-battle tournament. Why must you make me do it again?

:negative:

THE PEOPLE DEMAND IT

giver336
Dec 28, 2013

It's time to d-d-d-d-
get murdered
Update 11: Handyman

You shake that cane, Wily.

Dangnabbit, those kids screwed it up!

This stuttering while upset won't reflect in future games. Maybe Wily got used to a 11 year old foiling his plots.

They were still working out the kinks of the characters. All of the ACDC kids got less abrasive, Wily lost the stutter... Too bad Dad didn't show up more.

...Did Wily have the ability to bring down DenTown from the getgo? I wonder why he didn't just do that. Wanted to escalate fear?

Dear lord that smile looks painful. This guy's dentist must love him.

"Many days." So far, this game's story has taken place over, what, two months?

At least time is passing at all and it's not concentrated in one intense week or something.

Well, it's after-school. So it's been at least 3 hours. Eh, he's a growing kid, what do you expect?

That just means Lan needs to eat some dunch. Something small should be good, don't want to ruin dinner.

MegaMan Legends references +1

Man, now I'm sad about Legends 3 again.

Geez MegaMan, don't be so mad.

He's not mad, just disappointed.

And he wants us to meet at 7 in SciLab's Lobby. Alright, we have 4 hours. You'd think the parties would be known much further ahead of time. I suppose Dr.Hikari's busy schedule meant he was unsure of his attendance.

To hell with that, we have a lot of "extra curricular" activities to do, first.

Mom probably needs some time to get ready and stop throwing things because her husband accepted a party invite with four hours notice.

Finally, we get the WWW Pin. But spoiler alert, I forgot to cash in on those rewards this update so I could get this out faster. Yeti, you have a few more updates of life.

I suppose I should be grateful for the respite. Except I know that just means next update is going to be awful.

Like Old Man Dentures, BN1 gives us another random NPC sidequest. These are lesser-known in this game since they aren't clear as to where to find them.

Right. Let's go get his account details back.

Near the Metroline? Was there an actual bank, or did he just give the cash to some Mr. Prog for safe-keeping?

You can find Hammer M for free in Undernet 10, so, this is a poo poo trade.

Leave.

But... but she wants to be friends. Giver, you're mean!

From Miss Echelon:

GIVE ME ROLL V3

Oh? Let's have GeneralYeti assume player control shall we? We want to give Dex a fair fight.

I only have trouble with these fights because I give precisely zero fucks and smash the speed-up key like it's the world's easiest game of Whack-A-Mole.

: Lyin' loving piece of poo poo. I won fair and square!

Eat a dick, Giver. And then choke on it.

: The gently caress you lookin' at?

As a kid, I always thought they meant adult books, like books adults would read. Though whatever Dex likes looking at is his own business, I ain't gonna judge.

We didn't; you just admitted to it.

Once again, their attacks only go straight. This should be no issue.

Just stay out of the back row and you're fine.

Pay day!

Hooray! You don't have to fight viruses for a while.

Super pay day! I forget if this is a temporary reward, so you might want to cash this in as soon as possible.

We have a lot of fights to do. Three, in fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Htts5jIJ00

Thank you, good sir.

Masa was already good, but this made him great.

After this scenario or the next, I'll cash this in.

WoodMan2's power has been increased from 80 to 100
WoodMan3's power has been increased from 100 to 130

Still not very good, in my opinion.

It's... eh. Woodman's Woodman.

IceMan2's power has been increased from 80 to 100
IceMan3's power has been increased from 100 to 120

Definitely your preferred spot to farm TriSpears.

: You fin fucks got this NetBattla gunnin'
Meat is murder, but them fish had it comin'

: Omega-3 fatty data run deep
But don't sleep
The Zenny you pay is too steep

And the map looks like a fishbone, how cute.

: I never seen a fish who ain't a punk rear end bitch

This series is usually pretty creative about the unique comps.

: Got a hot yacht parked off the jetty
Make these fish dead like Gen.Yeti

*drops mike and flips off the crowd*

Dude wants a Cannonball H (Howitzer H) for his BusterPunch C. We'll take!

See what I mean about the quests being unclear and somewhat random? I bet most of you didn't even find this quest.

What, you mean you didn't go and talk to every NPC after every scenario?

MissEchelon. Picture. Now.

Here's your dang prog.

Here's the original text from Battle Network 1:

Hey idiots, the cause is literally 20 feet from you.

Ah, they know how to properly write repairmen in this game. 'Catching a criminal's not in the job description. That'll be 10000 zenny, please.'

Our first time meeting Froshells. Too bad you can't expect the IronShield chip from this fight.

I really don't know why WWW wanted someone's soda. Gotta keep the hackers' thirst quenched?

Maybe this was some rogue hacker.

...GAME

THIRD TIME YOU PUT THIS REWARD. Yes, it's for a Program Advance, but STOP.

But are you sure you got it the first two times.

...I completely forgot you can jack into here.

Not too bad. I wonder when's the earliest you could jack into here.

I'd assume the first time you visited.

Just saving up until I can buy everything

Now I'm picturing a Prog somehow carrying buckets of clean water for people to drink.

The Sorcerer's Apprentice is playing in my head. They're carrying the buckets by the ears.

: BattleChips in the front
BattleChips in the back
That fish bitch will see this black

Oh, someone called for an encore.

That should be the last one I needed access to. No more silly homepages.

For the upcoming fight, I ended up recording ColorMan V2. Soon after, I ended up getting ColorMan V3 quickly after a grind session. So I'll just show that one for efficiency.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urBVXBae_Co

ColorMan's power has been increased from 90 to 120
ColorManV2's power has been increased from 110 to 140
ColorManV3's power has been increased from 130 to 160

A nice 30 point boost. It doesn't really turn any individual fight from not killing to a kill, but it's still helpful against bosses.

I need this specific one to test Program Advances later. They changed GutsShoot, so it may be worthwhile to see if anything else changed.

C-COOOOODE (Until I can get Gaia3 C more reliably)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzRNaumGiU4

No bones about it, this Navi's easy.

SkullMan has been changed to D code to break up the S-superiority of the Navi chips.

I have no idea why it's D. Unless this is some weird joke about a certain bone?

...dig.

No. She wants us to give up the PowerCannon PA for a Recov300 L. Mind you, I'll need to do this trade for library completion, but that's after I checked all the PAs for any noteworthy changes.

Like, no way in hell are we giving you these amaaazing chips, dude.

This is not actually a quest. Good thing they relegated side missions to a board for clarity in future games.

Since it's not a quest, they can stay separated I guess.

Thank you, Battle Network 1.

Kids, jot that down in your notebooks, I guess. :regd09:

...Thank you, Battle Network 1? ...Why though.

That's enough procrastinating of the plot, I guess.

Except it was last-minute. Disorganized SciLab is disorganized.

But I thought we had 4 hours. Wait, I grinded too much, nevermind.

No kid has never had that 'Oh yeah I need this permission slip signed for class today, thanks Mom'.

You're going like that, Lan? Uhh? Gotta save on spritework somehow!

Dad pretty much sleeps in his office. Which sucks. I always thought the father just gets home late, but this is framed like Lan never sees his dad.

It's kinda sad, to be honest. Even if Dad did come home, he's probably getting back after Lan goes to sleep and leaving before he wakes up.

God. SHUT UP

We were invited, dickwad.

MegaMan, do you have anything to add? :geno:

"Hmph." "I hate all who aren't strong." "Hmph."

It's always annoying when people just walk away. Stand still so I can insult you back, coward!

Come to think of it, the last few times MegaMan says "dad", he explicitly says "your dad". So as to not give it away. Good job on at least that much.

Those two sentences don't seem to jive too well with each other. Unless there's some backstory behind waiting a long time affecting your health.

It was probably a weird idiom in Japanese that didn't localize well, is my guess. Translators can confirm if they care.

"Psst, son. Women always take a long time to get ready. They make you wait on purpose while you sit there in the cold. Don't stand for it." --My Dad to me when I was younger.

Sit for it, instead. Or get some squats in.

Well, that wasn't really long at all, all things considered. :psyduck:

We go underground.

Why is a restaurant underground? Nevermind, the answer is 'Because SciLab'.

and is burned in the power plant to create electricity.

SciLab -- Leaders in Global Warming.

Garbage in, garbage out.

see it's also a programming joke

this area is still surrounded by water.

Underwater? We're doomed.

This lady mentions that some brand of PETs are made from recycled plastic bottles. This makes the scene in StarForce 1 where people threw away their PETs in the garbage look even dumber!

That's right, PETs are 100% recyclable.

*gulp*

You know, we can probably get Dr.Hikari to fire this man.

"My Dad writes your paycheck, by the way. So maybe don't?"

Instead, let's be a thief.

440 now. Who needs to buy HP when you have masterful dodging skills and chips to buy.

This is what we needed, folks. Why yes, I'm getting mixed messages.

SciLab: Let's make a PET that's good for the environment! Also SciLab: Hurr durr how do I get my cola from the vending machine

Easy place to farm CannonBall H for that trade upstairs.

Sweet.

Thunder2 (BN1): B C F I L
Thunder2 (OSS): C F I L *

No, no, no, no, don't do it. Don't go there.

Dr. Hikari please do not start talking about work. You are with your family. Your work-life balance is hosed enough as it is.

You're gonna bring this up NOW? :psyduck:

The PET is different, too? It must be in order to hold MegaMan's immense data.

There's a GangsterDex joke about holding his immense something or other in here, I know it.

Please report to the lab immediately.

Saved by the bell?

This is actually sad.

Lan was a lot more affected by his dad's absence in this game. Probably because he didn't have a group of friends to play with.

There is a cutscene fade. And Lan's position has changed. Probably should have changed the positions of the other NPCs, too, if you ask me.

Can you imagine security letting this guy inside? Holding electric orbs in his hands?

They thought he was the hired clown.

World 3 throws parties? INVITE ME.

This is either a party where you kill people or a party where you die and either way I'm down.

No, a really big...blackout!!

Disco dance?

I can't even see myself think!

I like that Zap glows in the dark.

Count Zap, how are you going to get out? Supply power to your one escape route? It better be obscure lest someone finds it.

He bribed a Prog earlier, the scumbag.

We can use the PET as a flashlight, right? Not much, but it's a start.

Or...that.

So there's some source of light somewhere, but it's very faint. Probably emergency lights or something.

Unfortunately, Count Zap took out my power, so this is the furthest I can go. Until next time.

------------------------------------------

government_spending.txt

giver336 fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Sep 7, 2018

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The next update better include you going back to be friends with that girl. :smith:

:unsmith:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Sep 3, 2018

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Skullman is D probably because Skull in japanese is Dokuro.

Prof. 9
Jan 3, 2015

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Skullman is D probably because Skull in japanese is Dokuro.
I thought this too, but then what is ShadowMan's T supposed to stand for?

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Tenchu?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
Don't worry, I went back and fixed the problem.

Much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeti was the real hero. :unsmith: