Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Ground floooooor!!

I'm excited. Are you excited? I'm excited!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Ok, now that I've read the update...

I agree about Star Force 4! The series had some flaws (the battle system, the idiot trio) but I liked Geo and his relationships with Mega,. Sonia and others.
I also liked the overdrive system Star Force 3, that was a ton of fun and very broken.

I'm least familiar with MMBN1 out of all the games in the series, so it'll be fun to revisit it and see how they bring in the SF stuff.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Looks like only BlitzBlast's Star Force 2 LP is on the archive, which is a shame.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
My issue with the battle system was the difficulty of building combos. It felt like no matter what I did, I'd never pull more than a couple cards per turn.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I really need to go back and play SF1.

I also love the noise system in SF3! I actually replayed it fairly recently (well, last couple years) and I remember having a ton of fun. Up until I was trying to clear the bosses in one femtosecond, which seemed impossible unless you got an extremely powerful combo on the first turn.

But I don't remember why I needed to clear the bosses so quickly, so it may not have been that important.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Awkwardly worded but technically correct! :mil101:

There are a number of military networks, such as NIPRNet and SIPRNet, some of which are not connected to the Internet. Some companies, like Google and Amazon, also have their own private networks for connecting their data centers to each other.

We usually think of the intended as some monolithic network that we're all connected to, but the original idea is that it's a bridge between smaller, private networks. Your devices at home all connect to a router, forming a local area network. (LAN. Get it?) The LAN then connects to other LANs via the Internet.

So yeah, the wording is technically correct. How we think about the internet has changed in the nearly 20 years since BN1 was released, so the dialogue sounds a little weird.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

BlazeEmblem posted:

104 117 104? I don't get it.

ASCII: "huh". Reference Higsby's verbal tick, I suppose.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I love a good sequence break. :allears:

I don't remember the other MMBN games giving you this much power this early on. The bosses are just melting!

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
That is a really naive pRNG algorithm. I'm surprised they used it for all of the games, considering how bad it is.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
This is why Collect is my favorite Navi cust program.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I love your gifs of the virus battles. Your timing is impeccable.

And like other MMBN games, the plot is the annoying stuff that tried to distract you from fun battles.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Which reminds me: does this game have a different ranking system than the later ones? I thought you get heavily penalized for using the buster in Navi battles in MMBN 3 - 6, but you use it freely with no obvious penalty.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Boy that minigame looks... not fun. At all.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
It's fun seeing viruses I've never fought before. ColdBear doesn't really look other viruses to me, it's a different style.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Geo and Sonia are my favorite characters in MMBN and SF, because they're actual people with development and stuff. I feel like this scenario really nailed their writing.

Otherwise, the scenario was kind of forgettable, like that one episode of a show that doesn't change anything and was only thrown in for filler.

Also gently caress Zach, gently caress Prez, GeoxSonia forever.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Raitzeno posted:

I still can't believe that line got immortalized. :v:

It's a good line.

I remember when I played that game and I was so shocked that they killed someone! In a Mega Man game! And I was really looking forward to see how the game would handle a death like that, the emotional impact, how it would affect Geo and his friends' motivation to fight the enemy team...

And then the rest of the plot happened.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Agreed, this is probably the best Humor in the series.

I wasn't expecting a Days of Our Lives reference, of all things. Funnily enough, the show has 13,508 episodes already. And that's only in 54 years! Another 200 years would be another, uh, 49,000 episodes?

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Raitzeno posted:

SCROLL was probably supposed to be SCRIPT.

It actually stands for Secret Roll, a hidden and very difficult boss encounter with Roll, Mayl's Navi! It took 5 people to design the battle.

I can only dream...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Thanks for the LP, it was pretty interesting to see the MMBN game I've never played in new light.