Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

So if I want to reroll I'm probably better off waiting for the official release huh (when we'll presumably get a lump sum of gems for celebration)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

If you want to reroll, you really need to wait until the release next week, yeah.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

You get a free 4 star ticket after finishing chapter 3. I got Titania, which should allow me to do this month's fairy only eclipse (unlocked after chapter 3).

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Were you able to get the other rare drops for completing the other chapters?

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Not yet. I still need to complete the later chapters.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

The previous chapters, I mean.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

I'm confused. Are you referring to the end of chapter rewards, or rare item drops from individual missions? I don't think I got any particularly rare drops from missions.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

For like Akihabara, when you click on it, to the left of the levels, there's a box with an exclamation point and it says you can get a rare demon. For Akihabara, it' Pele. For Shinjuku, it's Unicorn. Were you able to get those rare demons?

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

No, I didn't even know that was a thing! I really need to update the OP with some of the more obscure things like that.

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

I had a rare demon show up once while doing a levelling quest and I’ve done probably hundreds of quests since and haven’t seen a single one. I don’t know if they can just show up in any wave or only levelling quests but they seem to just appear in waves on their own.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
The only place I've seen a rare demon is in the aura tower so far. Dunno if it's more common there or no though.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

The autobattle is a blessing in leveling up demons.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Can someone link an APK? it's not on the UK's play store.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Vier posted:

Can someone link an APK? it's not on the UK's play store.

It's in closed beta, not sure that's do you any good.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Oh hey, dungeon crawling. As far as ftp gacha games go, seems like this one is pretty robust.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Hello, thread I missed! I've been slowly chipping away at the CBT inbetween playing other games, and it's been pretty fun so far. I beat Chapter 3 last night and got Bishamonten from my guaranteed 4*, and then got Odin + Oberon from the 900 gem pack, plus a whole bunch of other 3*.

Right now I'm just kinda leveling up my new guys and making some progress here and there, is there anything in the later story chapters like the guaranteed 4* that I should be aiming towards, or am I fine to just take it at my own pace?

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

TheFireMagi posted:

Hello, thread I missed! I've been slowly chipping away at the CBT inbetween playing other games, and it's been pretty fun so far. I beat Chapter 3 last night and got Bishamonten from my guaranteed 4*, and then got Odin + Oberon from the 900 gem pack, plus a whole bunch of other 3*.

Right now I'm just kinda leveling up my new guys and making some progress here and there, is there anything in the later story chapters like the guaranteed 4* that I should be aiming towards, or am I fine to just take it at my own pace?

You can go at your own pace. The really good stuff right now is:

Chapter 3 pink ticket (you got it)
Chapter 6 gold ticket
I believe chapter 4 gives you an item that can awaken any demon.
There is a general mission set (top right of home screen) that gives a gold ticket

And that is it for the easily rushable good stuff. The other gold tickets are locked behind chapter 5 hell difficulty, max fame ranking, and aura gate level 50, none of which are easily quickly obtainable.

If you can get to level 9 of the monthly eclipse, that has a pink ticket as well.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Wow. How much of the game have you gone through?

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

Wow. How much of the game have you gone through?

I'm currently in chapter 6. I did a couple chapters on hard and one on insane. I got stuck, and am currently grinding through the strange signals so I can awaken my Fenrir. A lot of this information I got just from hanging around the reddit discord server, which has tons of info (from people that played the jp version). I'll be updating the OP with lots of stuff right before the game gets a full release.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

So should I buy a demon anytime I accrue 100 gems?

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Ornamented Death posted:

So should I buy a demon anytime I accrue 100 gems?

You should wait until you have 900 to get a pack of 10 summon tickets and some exp items.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Mega, when will you go over the basics of Pandemonium? I think I just destroyed a 3 star demon because of enhance/combine...which confuses me as well. Also, when can/should awaken a demon? Please dumb down explanations if possible :/

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

Mega, when will you go over the basics of Pandemonium? I think I just destroyed a 3 star demon because of enhance/combine...which confuses me as well. Also, when can/should awaken a demon? Please dumb down explanations if possible :/

I'll start updating the second post now with info on mechanics.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Whelp I blew my 900 gem ticket and got a bunch of nothing, I think I'm just gonna wait till launch and reroll.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

I just added info about how the Pandemonium stuff works to the second post.

tap my mountain posted:

Whelp I blew my 900 gem ticket and got a bunch of nothing, I think I'm just gonna wait till launch and reroll.

I mean, the rates are really low, so it is expected to get nothing. I've done a superior summon around 25 times, and I've gotten nothing but 3 stars. At launch, everyone will get a pink ticket which always gives a 4 star demon, so there is that, but don't expect to ever get a 5 star demon out of the gacha. You are going to generally need to fuse them. I'm not saying to not reroll, just know that your expectations should be to spend a few hours to get a 4 star you like from the pink ticket and nothing from the other 2 summons.

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

So can you never get 1-3* demons that aren’t the common archetype? I wanted to make a mega Jack Frost but since common demons have one fewer skill slot it seems like he’ll always be outclassed. For that matter it seems that if you fuse demons you also get commons so there’s no way to get non-common 5*s without the impossible gacha odds.

Also a little story about me being an idiot. I assumed Light and Dark elements were called Expel and Curse so when I had the chance I passed Resist Curse down to Lailah to nullify the weakness and only later realised Curse is a status ailment (one I haven’t seen at all). So many wasted skill points :(

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

RedRupee posted:

So can you never get 1-3* demons that aren’t the common archetype? I wanted to make a mega Jack Frost but since common demons have one fewer skill slot it seems like he’ll always be outclassed. For that matter it seems that if you fuse demons you also get commons so there’s no way to get non-common 5*s without the impossible gacha odds.

No, that isn't how it works. How fusion works is you need a common and another demon. The fused demon is the of the second type. So:

common + common = common
common + yellow = yellow
common + red = red
red + purple = impossible

To get a colored 1 or 2 star demon, you need to "fused down" a colored demon from the gacha. For example, fusing a slime with a 3 star yellow demon I got from the gacha might make a 2 star yellow demon. If I again fuse that down, I'll keep getting "weaker" demons until I get to what I want. In fact, yellow Jack Frost and yellow Pyro Jack are considered to be good demons for an attack team in the pvp meta because they have "baton pass" which allows them to pass without using a turn.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

I'm too used to regular SMT games. The fact that I can't just go to my compendium after fusing and buy back the demon(s) I just used up has me absolutely paralyzed.

What happens to Brands when fusing? Do they automatically unequip or do you lose them if you forget to visit Pandemonium?

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

MegaZeroX posted:

No, that isn't how it works. How fusion works is you need a common and another demon. The fused demon is the of the second type. So:

Ah wow thanks for the information. I might try to make a better Jack Frost then and drop my current one before he costs too many resources.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Ornamented Death posted:

What happens to Brands when fusing? Do they automatically unequip or do you lose them if you forget to visit Pandemonium?

If you fuse a demon with brands, the brands get destroyed.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

MegaZeroX posted:

If you fuse a demon with brands, the brands get destroyed.

Glad I stripped my Angel of all her brands, then.

Also thanks for all the info you're posting!

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

Oh I was looking through the compendium to see what other low star demons I could get better versions for and it seems like 1* demons just naturally have one fewer move slot compared to 2*+. Maybe I’m being dumb again (probably) but perhaps that’s reason enough to consider higher ranked demons.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Typically the upgraded versions star versions of 1 star demons aren't as good as other demons of that natural star rank because they

a) Have 1 less move
b) Their movesets generally aren't as good
c) They generally have more weaknesses and less resistances.

That being said, some have meta relevance, like yellow Jack Frost and yellow Pyro Jack (which I mentioned earlier).

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

One last thing since I don’t wanna muck the thread too much with my posts but has anyone found the most efficient grinding spot for experience based on energy expended versus experience gained? I’ve just been using the latest levelling missions available to me but I’m not sure if that’s best. Are levelling missions categorically better than regular missions for repeat experience?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
what is the plot

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

RedRupee posted:

One last thing since I don’t wanna muck the thread too much with my posts but has anyone found the most efficient grinding spot for experience based on energy expended versus experience gained? I’ve just been using the latest levelling missions available to me but I’m not sure if that’s best. Are levelling missions categorically better than regular missions for repeat experience?

Yes, especially since you can bring 2 teams to levelling missions. Try to work towards unlocking Chapter 1's Hell Difficulty, the leveling quest there is very efficient and easy to auto. Chapter 1's Hell difficulty is not that hard, so you can start working towards it pretty early.

The general guide in the OP is really handy, I suggest reading up.

Also, has anyone played Summoners War? This game is a literal clone of that in a multitude of ways. (Welcome to Hell. Faimon 1...)

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

RedRupee posted:

Maniac was the Japanese difficulty title. In the global release, it is "hell" difficulty.

Tired Moritz posted:

what is the plot

Basically, a group of people use their smartphones to summon demons and fight evil people to do that same thing, but for EVIL!

So, it is a typically mobile gacha plot, but its less bland than the others of the genre. The characters have a ton of personality, and I've laughed out loud on several occasions.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

How good are the rewards for taking out Gatekeepers in Asura? So far I've managed to take one down to its last health bar but miss the killing blow and had the gate close on me when one was down to about five bars left. I really wish the gate would at least let you finish out the floor you're on when the timer ends.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
Yeah, I got enough gems for a multi and got 10 common garbage 3 stars I could have crafted out of a 1 star and a 2 star (not even the neat 3 stars that take other 3 stars to craft that would save me time), and the amount of mag required to make them into a 5 star someday would probably total well over 3 mil, (weeks/months of farming, but could have been increased the amount of mag farmed at some point).

Uninstalled without saying a transfer code because gently caress you game, left a one star review with my experience, and now I wait to see if they do any launch bonuses to enable rerolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

Irony.or.Death posted:

How good are the rewards for taking out Gatekeepers in Asura? So far I've managed to take one down to its last health bar but miss the killing blow and had the gate close on me when one was down to about five bars left. I really wish the gate would at least let you finish out the floor you're on when the timer ends.

Yea I lost a bunch of action points when it booted me out unexpectedly. Oh well.
At low floors (1-20 at least), the reward seems to be a moderate amount of magnetite based on your damage dealt. I got around 1k for dealing 10k damage to the gatekeeper I found on the 3rd floor and about 5k to the gatekeeper I found on the 8th ish floor. So hardly a big deal, but I assume it scales up to substantial amounts. I have no idea if dealing the killing blow gets you anything special, but that'd be dumb since that'd have to be a fluke more than anything. You'll get the rewards in the mail for any gatekeeper battle you participate in.