Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Irony.or.Death posted:

How good are the rewards for taking out Gatekeepers in Asura? So far I've managed to take one down to its last health bar but miss the killing blow and had the gate close on me when one was down to about five bars left. I really wish the gate would at least let you finish out the floor you're on when the timer ends.

Apparently, the reward is a good amount of magnetite (a mediocre amount of magnetite on the lower floors), although it isn't worth going for until after cbt, because there aren't really enough players to go after them.

lovely Wizard posted:

Yeah, I got enough gems for a multi and got 10 common garbage 3 stars I could have crafted out of a 1 star and a 2 star (not even the neat 3 stars that take other 3 stars to craft that would save me time), and the amount of mag required to make them into a 5 star someday would probably total well over 3 mil, (weeks/months of farming, but could have been increased the amount of mag farmed at some point).

Uninstalled without saying a transfer code because gently caress you game, left a one star review with my experience, and now I wait to see if they do any launch bonuses to enable rerolling.

I've never gotten anything other than mediocre 3 stars on my 25 summons from superior summons. I currently have a great team of some of the best 4 stars and the best version of the best 3 star, and could take most current pvp teams. Most people don't expect anything out of the gacha in this game. In the launch reroll, you are going to get one pink ticket (always a 4 star) and 2 other summons, so the reroll is realistically just going to be you choosing your 4 star. Rerolling for a 5 star takes a ridiculous amount of time (66% chance after 33 hours).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I'm curious as to what's considered a good 3 star and a good 4 star. I'm rolling with Ganesha as my only 4 after beating Chapter 3 and Valkyrie,Silky and Dominion. I'm now wondering if I should be working on other 3s if they are better choices or just go with who I aesthetically like.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

I'm curious as to what's considered a good 3 star and a good 4 star. I'm rolling with Ganesha as my only 4 after beating Chapter 3 and Valkyrie,Silky and Dominion. I'm now wondering if I should be working on other 3s if they are better choices or just go with who I aesthetically like.

Here are a four star ranking and a three star ranking (both of which are in Japanese). To see which archetypes are considered the best, you have to go to the individual demon page.

General advice you will hear is that teal Ose is the best 3 star, and there are multiple good 4 stars (as seen in the list).

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jun 25, 2018

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I'm kinda now imagining everyone's party filled with Oses and Computer Hacker Guy's main based on chatter in the chat.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Goddamit I wanna play.

redux
Apr 23, 2008
So I got a purple Fenrir, but I am kinda confused by the Speedster skill it has. It increases the battle speed effects for all demons by 50% which does...what exactly?

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

redux posted:

So I got a purple Fenrir, but I am kinda confused by the Speedster skill it has. It increases the battle speed effects for all demons by 50% which does...what exactly?

Grats, I'm eying making one of those next. Total team speed dictates which team moves first, and its apparently highly critical later on.

I've been saving up my gems in anticipation of these supposed better deals so my teams are pretty weak at the moment. Biggest problem is lack of archetypes with which to work with, I've yet to get a teal, which is pretty crucial for a lot of the best demons.
Final boss of ch6 was a colossal pain in the butt, and the ticket didn't even give me anything good. Boo.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

redux posted:

Battle speed determines who goes first in battle. Early on in the game, normally this is your team, as the AI has a lot of garbage demons, but later on when you start punching above your weight, the enemy teams are usually faster and go first. Thus, purple Fenrir lets you go "gently caress that, still going first." Because of that, he is really good in basically every format. His auto-tarukaja is also really good in PvP and the Aura Gate.

His only problem is that he has two weakenesses, which are a pain. But getting to go first still usually beats that drawback.

SN1987A
Feb 1, 2015
Does anyone have advice for my fourth demon? My current lineup is Siegfried/Ananta/Anubis and I'm currently running Cerberus for the debuff, but it seems to die a lot and the ice weakness is a real liability. I always go second now, so maybe Apis for the free Makarakarn?

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

SN1987A posted:

Does anyone have advice for my fourth demon? My current lineup is Siegfried/Ananta/Anubis and I'm currently running Cerberus for the debuff, but it seems to die a lot and the ice weakness is a real liability. I always go second now, so maybe Apis for the free Makarakarn?

2 five star demons!? And one of them a gacha only demon? Wow!

To answer your question:

Sigfried seams like a good physical attacker, Anata is your support, and Anubis is your magical attacker. It is a solid core 3, so your last slot is flexible.

4 star demon suggestions (to fuse):
  • Purple Fenrir (and awaken it before using) if you are having speed problem
  • Red Sandalphon if you want a versatile strong 4 star without weaknesses

For a 3 star suggestion, I normally would recommend teal Ose, but you already have a good physical attacker. Maybe teal Isis? She has a solid magic damage output, and the teal null wind will help make up for your Ananta's weakness when a mazan is cast.

To give some context, my current team is a once evolved Teal Titania, a once evolved Teal Ose, a purple Beelzebub, and purple Fenrir. Fenrir is basically just there to make sure I go first, Ose is there to be a decent physical attacker that nulls physical, Titania is the magical damage output, and Beelzebub is flexible and powerful.

SN1987A
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for the advice! Relatedly, do you know if there's somewhere I can look up the speed rating of encounter groups?

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

SN1987A posted:

Thanks for the advice! Relatedly, do you know if there's somewhere I can look up the speed rating of encounter groups?

I don't unfotrunately. I can tell you by normal chapter 5, speeds tend to range from 4000 on the low end to 7000 on the high end. IIRC, normal chapter 6 often go above 8000 or 9000. By the time you do these chapters on hard or hell difficulty, it just goes beyond what you can get to without purple Fenrir.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jun 25, 2018

SN1987A
Feb 1, 2015
I"m mostly worried about the Aura Gate encounters. I'm currently on floor 41 and I'm not sure if a Fenrir is going to be enough?

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Status Report: On the last boss of Chapter 5, ended up having some difficulty with him even with a support tagging along, so I decided to chill for a bit and grind out some more. Managed to fuse together a Purple Fenrir, Teal Ose (now 4*) as well as Teal Isis, so I'm just leveling those dudes up since they're apparently pretty good. Can fuse Red Sandalphon as well once I get the Chapter 5 magnetite. It shames me to be so meta, but alas, we do what we must. I can mess around with uber pixies once I have a strong base team prepared.

I really do have to say I'm enjoying this game. It has the right feel for a SMT based game, but enough little differences that make it its own thing. Six skill slots with a good amount of those being locked in means you can't have one omni-support demon or one demon that covers every single element plus a null skill or two. Means you have to think a bit more about team comp and weaknesses, which is nice. not that i've actually done that thinking as much as i should cause i'm lazy

Really, my only complaint is that I wish this game wasn't so killer on my phone battery. Starts to heat up pretty quickly too after awhile.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

I suspect this game may not be for me. I don't typically get into the meta of gachas, but it sure seems like you absolutely have to to do anything here.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
So when is it coming out for meeeeee?

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Since the closed beta is ending (presumably today) giving our thoughts seems like a good idea (to bring over to the main thread and the OP).

Here are mine:

To me, this might be my favorite free to play mobile game. While it is ostensible a Gacha game, the gacha really feels like more of a way to get fusion material for your main demons rather than something requiring you whale out. The incredibly low rate for 5 stars just makes the game feel genuinely challenging. The higher levels of the aura gate and harder difficulties of the story mode feel actually challenging, and require a well thought out team to pass. All in all, it is this team crafting that makes it feel the most like a good SMT game. As far as the story goes, the characters are quirky enough to make it not feel soulless, even if the story isn't exactly the most impactful work ever.

And most of the annoyances that come with FTP mobile games feel like its been mitigated. Auto quests cut out the nuisance of grinding, and also allows a convenient way of doing something with your stamina, so that you don't feel that "I'm wasting my stamina" feeling when you aren't playing.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

The Meta of the gatcha can seem...intimidating and it took me some time to figure out how and why everyone was associating a color with a demon but the autobattling takes away the annoyance of grinding for me and I am all for ATLUS bringing over the SMT world onto mobile devices.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

SN1987A posted:

I just realized you are ranked 3rd in PVP! Congrats!

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

Aww I thought the proper thing would be out immediately after the beta, looks like it's just "a later date"

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

drat, I was having a ton of fun with this game. Has there been any info on when the release proper will be?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Is this thread entirely dead or will it perk up once the game is released?

All the Facebook milestones have been met and a lot of people are anticipating at least the announcement of a release date soon. That said, with a lot of these games, all that's required is Google to flip a switch so hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Last rumor I heard is that they're waiting on iOS approval so both versions can launch at the same time.

Wasn't it like two weeks ago that they said it's "only a few more nights"?

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

New Leaf posted:

Is this thread entirely dead or will it perk up once the game is released?

All the Facebook milestones have been met and a lot of people are anticipating at least the announcement of a release date soon. That said, with a lot of these games, all that's required is Google to flip a switch so hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

It should pick up when the game releases. I'll be modifying the OP with more information as soon as we get a release window. Like tap my moutain said, the rumor is they are waiting for iOS approval before launch.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Yeah, I'm lurking here, because I'm waiting for the iOS launch.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

For anyone who hasn't seen, the game launches "next week".

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

New Leaf posted:

For anyone who hasn't seen, the game launches "next week".

Oh poo poo next week

FEH is sinking itself deeper and deeper into a steaming pile of poo poo so good thing I have an escape plan now

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

e: accidental doublepost

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jul 20, 2018

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Glad to see there's a thread for this instead of riding the android thread. I didn't bother with the beta out of cynicism but my ears pricked up when I heard it was good.

I ended up starting Strange Journey though to scratch that itch on my phone, good game.

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jul 20, 2018

Newfie
Oct 8, 2013

10 years of oil boom and 20 billion dollars cash, all I got was a case of beer, a pack of smokes, and 14% unemployment.
Thanks, Danny.
Pretty excited for this. I needed a new phone game and this looks like something I'll stick with for a while.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

I deleted my old secondary gacha game (summoners war is always #1 for me), and got room for a new one. I'll try this.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

Rigel posted:

I deleted my old secondary gacha game (summoners war is always #1 for me), and got room for a new one. I'll try this.

This game clones a ton of systems (not combat though) directly from Summoners War, so you'll likely get the hang of things real quick.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

This is not a drill

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

If that's the beta client, you probably want to re-install the new one when the time comes.. If it isn't the beta client, WHERE DID YOU GET THAT OMG SEND IT TO ME NOW!

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

New Leaf posted:

If that's the beta client, you probably want to re-install the new one when the time comes.. If it isn't the beta client, WHERE DID YOU GET THAT OMG SEND IT TO ME NOW!

It's not mine, I just took someone else's screenshot from discord :v:

Apparently they were in CBT and downloaded some ghost update that allowed them to see this message today

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Welp, in case it is true, I'm going to start updating the OP.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

As far as the summon rate in the OP goes, if the Nat 5 rate is 0.5%, that sounds terrible to a new player, but I'm used to it. Thats now pretty much the standard for these types of games.

Its the Nat 4 rate that is bad, its about half of what I usually see, BUT if they are giving us the ability to fuse a tremendous portion of those Nat 4's and/or removing the need to summon multiple copies of them (I dont actually know if this is true), then its probably..... fine? Summoners war is brutal in this, even though their Nat 4 rate is twice as much, if you summon a specific Nat 4 that you wanted, its still pretty much useless until you summon ~6-10 copies of it or its 2 closest relatives. I'm not afraid of a long grind, if I can pretty much get the Nat 4 I want with a lot of work, thats fine.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

blizzardvizard posted:

This is not a drill

Yessssssssssss! :neckbeard:

Catalina
May 20, 2008

All right, look at what just showed up in the App store!

Now it's time to figure out what to name my character.
And then hope against hope that one day they'll have The Frost Five.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Glad this game is finally coming back online! I ended up starting a new game on SMT IV Apocalypse to scratch that SMT itch while this was away, lol.