Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

TV Zombie posted:

What if you try to do this but the skill you are trying to transfer isn't possessed by the demon that you are trying to transfer to, is that possible?

Yes that's the normal way of transferring that adds a new skill to one of the demon's empty slots. You get that when you finish chapter 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I feel like these guys are really good.. Someone tell my why they are or aren't.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Bought a 5$ pack (mostly for account restoration facilitation if it works like other games) and got Alice!

I love this game!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
My current team is Red Azrael, Red Zhong Kui and the bonus Cerberus and Pixie you get at the start.

I managed to awaken them all and evolve my Azrael to 5 stars.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

I transferred Diarama and Mediara to my red Pixie and awakened her. No ragrets.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Auto-Quest owns.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

New Leaf posted:

I feel like these guys are really good.. Someone tell my why they are or aren't.

They are just kind of OK. They are 4 stars, and thus will feel really strong early. Later on, they will probably start feeling like they are underperforming.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Managed to get the legendary Yellow Jack Bros after lots of fusions.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

MegaZeroX posted:

They are just kind of OK. They are 4 stars, and thus will feel really strong early. Later on, they will probably start feeling like they are underperforming.

I wish you could look at my entire roster and see what I should be using.. Any easy way for you to do that?

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

New Leaf posted:

I wish you could look at my entire roster and see what I should be using.. Any easy way for you to do that?

Taking a picture of the "party" screen?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

MegaZeroX posted:

Taking a picture of the "party" screen?

Hey, if you think it will help.. https://imgur.com/a/j8vLVsR

Fair warning, I've spent a few bucks on this game.. I'm not a massive gacha whale, but I'm definitely no minnow.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

New Leaf posted:

Hey, if you think it will help.. https://imgur.com/a/j8vLVsR

Fair warning, I've spent a few bucks on this game.. I'm not a massive gacha whale, but I'm definitely no minnow.

Here are my recommendations:

Use Qing Long (magic attacker), your red King Frost (magic attacker), and your Ongyo-ki (physic attacker) for your main party. For the 4th slot, fuse your Jikokuten with a common Orthus to get a Yellow Slepinir, and then fuse that yellow Slepinir with a common Hathor in order to get a yellow Sandalphon, which should serve well as a healer/support for a long while. You might not have the magnetite for this right now, though.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

MegaZeroX posted:

Here are my recommendations:

Use Qing Long (magic attacker), your red King Frost (magic attacker), and your Ongyo-ki (physic attacker) for your main party. For the 4th slot, fuse your Jikokuten with a common Orthus to get a Yellow Slepinir, and then fuse that yellow Slepinir with a common Hathor in order to get a yellow Sandalphon, which should serve well as a healer/support for a long while. You might not have the magnetite for this right now, though.

You're amazing, thanks. Unfortunately I'm not high enough level to fuse to Slepinir I don't think - some of my dudes are 30 because I bought one of the levelling boxes. Oh well, I have a game plan now!

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

I was bored at work, so I did some math to see what you can expect to get from 10 summons (and perhaps discourage whaling aside from the fact that it seems unnecessary in this game)

10 Nat 3's: 56.80%
9 Nat 3's, 1 Nat 4: 30.05%
8 Nat 3's, 2 Nat 4's: 7.15%
9 Nat 3's, 1 Nat 5: 3.01%
7 Nat 3's, 3 Nat 4's: 1.01%
8 Nat 3's, 1 Nat 4, 1 Nat 5: 0.72%
7 Nat 3's, 2 Nat 4's, 1 Nat 5: 0.30%
6 Nat 3's, 4 Nat 4's: 0.09%
8 Nat 3's, 2 Nat 5's: 0.07% (lol, yeah right)
Every Other Possibility Combined: 0.80% (In other words, if you bought 125 packs that each had 10 summons, one of those packs would be expected to produce a result not described above)

edit: 10 Nat 5's: 1 in 102.4 Sextillion

Rigel fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jul 25, 2018

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
Any tips on brands? I bought some brand boxes from frog guy and it seems like I can select their outputs. Divine set seems awesome.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Are Gachas usually this in depth? I feel like I need to study to create the right team for me.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Omg, Chatterskull!! I'm going to level my special boy as high as I can. Great but confusing game so far, thanks for the guide.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

What frog items should I be prioritizing?

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
What skill would be useful to put on Setanta. Yeah I know he's not going to useful long term, but I've managed to get 6 skill points for him from avenging people in the Aura Gate and I want to use them. Some low level type coverage elemental attack, or Recarm for reviving dead demons in the Aura Gate?

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

Mischalaniouse posted:

What skill would be useful to put on Setanta. Yeah I know he's not going to useful long term, but I've managed to get 6 skill points for him from avenging people in the Aura Gate and I want to use them. Some low level type coverage elemental attack, or Recarm for reviving dead demons in the Aura Gate?

Elemental coverage is not very useful when Setanta's mag stat is so weak. Probably some buffs/debuffs which would keep him useful despite his mediocrity. Tarukaja from Archangel and Rakunda from Shadow are excellent skills.

Motto posted:

I suspect you'll be able to clear the place out either way since its here for a whole month, but the superior summoning files are highest priority. But really, its all useful except maybe the regular summoning files.

All my summons up until this point had been trash, so when I did 3 summons from the frogs and got this it was pretty surprising. :eyepop:

The odds of 2x identical 4* demons with the same archetype from superior summoning files must be incredibly small, so I'm inclined to believe it was a glitch in the system. :v:

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
So, why would you think "Impossible" is against the rules to use as a MSG?

Edit: Narrowed it down to "possi" in the word. Stupid aggressive word filtering strikes again!

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Started playing yesterday. Got purple Fenrir (yay?). Does his auto skill work as a support demon?
Fusing demons is my favorite part of every SMT game so any pointers are welcome. I can't wait to unlock the higher tier stuff :3:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
im unironically liking the game's plot more than the recent persona games

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Trilin posted:

All my summons up until this point had been trash, so when I did 3 summons from the frogs and got this it was pretty surprising. :eyepop:

The odds of 2x identical 4* demons with the same archetype from superior summoning files must be incredibly small, so I'm inclined to believe it was a glitch in the system. :v:

Hey, I use that dragon dude as my support demon except mine is teal! He's a badass!

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Motto posted:

Like others have said, you should be able to clear out the shop so long as you are regularly autoquesting a leveling mission when you aren't playing. If you don't do this, you should prioritize the 4* and 5* yata mirrors, as they essentially count as a 4 and 5 star demon to sacrifice when evolving. After that, go for the superior summoning tickets and the cheap stuff.

Mischalaniouse posted:

I'd recommend either a Samarecarm from Isis or an Endure from Horkos. Both are good skills from 3 star demons.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Jul 26, 2018

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

This game is very funny. I'm gonna stick with it for a while, I think

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

When do you unlock auto questing?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Ririn is not a subtle girl.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I know I've got the terminology wrong, but any recommendations on where to spend my character points or whatever they're called? I've got a point into Spring of Life (chance of health between waves) and one into the Mana regen one.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Tired Moritz posted:

im unironically liking the game's plot more than the recent persona games

I haven't played P5 much but so far it's really fun and I find myself not skipping story time. Pretty neat for a gacha.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I worked in a game company in Tokyo making cookie-cutter PuzzleDragon clones and was so so so burned out on it all since then, but wow if this game isn't actually genuinely really loving great fun!

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

MonsieurChoc posted:

Ririn is not a subtle girl.

She's the best girl, and anyone who thinks otherwise can fight me. :colbert:

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

New Leaf posted:

I know I've got the terminology wrong, but any recommendations on where to spend my character points or whatever they're called? I've got a point into Spring of Life (chance of health between waves) and one into the Mana regen one.

For now put them into the character's unique selling point imo.

So for your protag get the exp boosts, for Eileen get the extra item/macca farming, for Megakin get his demon talk stuff. The rest is nice bonuses.

Nyarlabaoth
Jul 12, 2017

What would be the fastest way to fuse Beelzebub? I tried to reroll for him and got a red Siegfried/teal Loki in one of them that I feel is gonna be impossible to top, so I just wanna save resources to fuse him asap in that acc.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Are the parchment for 500 frogs worth it?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I wish there's a way to know which story map has the best demons to catch

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

I haven't played P5 much but so far it's really fun and I find myself not skipping story time. Pretty neat for a gacha.

I kind of love how some folks have been saying the writing is "trash tier" because so far it's... just as good and fun and goofy as any SMT title released on the 3DS or any recent Persona?

It's very much in the vein of the titles Atlus releases these days, at any rate.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I get this message every now and again when I'm trying things in Pandemonium:

"One or more of the following are applicable to the selected demon(s). Proceed? Skill Transfer/Multi-Transfer Performed"

I have no idea what that means.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
you can transfer more than one skill?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

New Leaf posted:

I get this message every now and again when I'm trying things in Pandemonium:

"One or more of the following are applicable to the selected demon(s). Proceed? Skill Transfer/Multi-Transfer Performed"

I have no idea what that means.

Typically it means you are sacrificing a demon with Gacha skills, which you could alternative sacrifice to transfer those skills to another demon. Basically, there are warning for anytime you are sacrificing a demon that is anything more than some random thing you fused up.