Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Mama mia! Everyone a postin the pixels, I need a pizza pie!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
welp looks like im gonna be a vanilla role lol, because i have no loving idea what is going on

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

welp looks like im gonna be a vanilla role lol, because i have no loving idea what is going on

same, I just wanted to chill on the beach FL :argh:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

:stare:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Things have gotten crazy here, so keep going nuts and I’ll sort it out when I get home and have time. If you got multiple roles you only keep one and the rest are randomly distributed

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

Same

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
observations:

there are 2 sheets we can't see in the power spreadsheet; one of those is tied into power "1"

a "no entry" sign is monospaced in sheet 6; I assume this has already been submitted in some way

if we haven't solved Alphabet Sudoku by the time I have better access to a computer I'll do my best to help out

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Can anyone confirm that whatever puzzle is present in the chair/guard picture is still active? I can't find anything in that image save for the bleedingly obvious symbol but I have to think there's something else going on that I can't see.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
https://tinyurl.com/ 11 31 71 22 24 121 41 22

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
50 are you about?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Bifauxnen posted:

same, I just wanted to chill on the beach FL :argh:

Party at my place!

I'm probably not going to be of any help with any of these puzzles :eng99:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Murmur Twin posted:

Party at my place!

I'm probably not going to be of any help with any of these puzzles :eng99:

Hey MMT

T/D

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Natural 20 posted:

Hey MMT

T/D

Wait is that allowed in this game? If so T, if not please don't modkill me for indulging this.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Murmur Twin posted:

Wait is that allowed in this game? If so T, if not please don't modkill me for indulging this.

It is.

Are you scum?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
"Oh god I went to bed and came back to over 50 posts oh no I'm not reading anything can someone explain the encyclopedia Britannica to me please"

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

An evil has risen

sorry I'm late y'all

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

peramene posted:

"Oh god I went to bed and came back to over 50 posts oh no I'm not reading anything can someone explain the encyclopedia Britannica to me please"

sorry I'm late y'all

pera are you here right now?

Dancer
May 23, 2011
For the record: Yes I know there's a mistake somewhere in the big sudoku. I'm in the process of figuring it out.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Natural 20 posted:

It is.

Are you scum?

No.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

tinyurl.com/ the person I made you betray. (full screenname)

Be quick.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Send it to mmm when you're done.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Hi thread I made a thing

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm terrible at puzzles so therefore this game is probably about the worst decision I've ever made.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Yeah but you get to hang out with chill peeps such as myself. Doesn't that make it worth it?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
It does but I'm going to end up being Vanilla Town this whole time because I can't figure out any of these drat puzzles.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Natural 20 posted:

pera are you here right now?

Is anyone ever truly here?

SalTheBard posted:

It does but I'm going to end up being Vanilla Town this whole time because I can't figure out any of these drat puzzles.

Are you a girl? I realized just now that I never asked

if so we should be in an alliance

against... you know who

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Say guys, I wanna test something. I want to see if lynching the deer causes something to unlock.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
So, I'm probably the last person to figure this out, but I figured it's worth pointing out:

So, on sheet 2 of the BLACKBOX spreadsheet, it's kinda asking you to spell a 4 letter word, while only letting you input certain letters. The rules are as follows.
Split the first 25 letters of the alphabet into 5 groups, so:
Group 1: ABCDE
Group 2: FGHIJ
Group 3: KLMNO
Group 4: PQRST
Group 5: UVWXY
Next, assign each letter a numerical value directly corresponding to its position in the alphabet (so A = 1, B = 2, C = 3, etc...). The modulo 5 value of each letter in that 4 letter word determines what group the next letter must be from. So if the first letter is G, for example, 7 mod 5 is 2, so the second letter must be F/G/H/I/J.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
For giggles I looked through the big sudoku grid to see if I could find any black-shaded block of 4 letters that fulfilled that. So far I found TVIP at Q13.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Dancer, I think we want words and sudoku is just sudoku

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Nvm, TVIP doesn't work (because P means that the next letter (and it loops) needs to be ABCDE). I checked all the black blocks in the sudoku, and none seem to work, but I'm also quite tired and may have made a mistake.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
HMMM

I got the times, I think I see

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

No I don't, is 2 programmed weirdly or is lag playing merry hell

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I feel like I'm not doing this right but messing with 2 until the first box accepts the proper letters, then cursing MMM out, seems to be working

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

nvm the last box controls the first

I'm done posting until I achieve a result

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_122Tx8xmg

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Finally home, thread closed while I work out what the gently caress

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Standard rules unlocked:

No editing your posts.
No talking OOT unless you are able to do so.
Don't post your role PM.
Don't spectator-post.
Don't post after hammers or daykills.
Don't post after dying.
Don't encrypt your posts, make Toxx clauses, or play Truth or Dare.
Don't fake day actions.

You can now assume anything covered under the standard rule set applies to this game

The following role cards were claimed privately:

quote:

Jailer

quote:

Watcher

quote:

Tracker

These roles been claimed by the players who submitted them

The Following were submitted in thread before they were submitted privately, or they were submitted privately by somebody who already selected a role card:

quote:

Ninja

quote:

Roleblocker

quote:

Vigilante

quote:

Doctor

quote:

Hint

These roles will be distributed to the remaining players. Unless otherwise stated, these roles work as they are explained in the sa mafia wiki.

Jump King fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jun 26, 2018

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Funsies. I can't wait.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Bif you had one job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The Serial Killer Awakens.

One player who is not scum has been made into a serial killer, once per night they attempt to kill another player. They have more mysterious attributes, but none you are aware of

• Locked thread