Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

I think at this point town should be prioritizing the sk as well. Just my two cents. There's not alot of players left and two night kills will get us to lylo quickly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Khris Kruel posted:

I think at this point town should be prioritizing the sk as well. Just my two cents. There's not alot of players left and two night kills will get us to lylo quickly

I agree that the sk needs to die, but IMO the game isn't close to being over, considering mmm is still accepting players. We also don't know if the sk actually has two nks, that was just speculation on my part.

What we need is for everyone to start posting. This is why deadlines are a useful tool. Hopefully we can unlock that feature!!

I gave up on the other puzzle btw.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

b-minus1 posted:

I agree that the sk needs to die, but IMO the game isn't close to being over, considering mmm is still accepting players. We also don't know if the sk actually has two nks, that was just speculation on my part.

What we need is for everyone to start posting. This is why deadlines are a useful tool. Hopefully we can unlock that feature!!

I gave up on the other puzzle btw.

That's unfair, the deadline is Friday 9pm CST.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

b-minus1 posted:

There are only 3 players that can be sk:
- bminus1
- dancer
- flying leatherman

I received the hint power on d1, and used it at the start of d2. I am now VT
Flying leatherman received the vig power on d1, and also used it early d2. Says he is back to VT.
Dancer has claimed JOAT. Doesn't specify when he received this power, and reported no n1 action.

We know the sk role has "mysterious attributes, but none you are aware of" maybe one of those attributes is a double night kill? who knows

but anyway, yeah, it has to be dancer. ##vote dancer.

This should go without saying, but scum obviously want to prioritize eliminating the sk. But for some reason, only me and KK seem interested in lynching him.To be fair, half of the players are mia. But I know I am town. Could KK be scum?

all you people that claimed to be vt, stop lurking and help us figure this out

I didn't yet have my powers back during N1. I got my role during the following day, I presume as a result of one of the half-dozen puzzles Nat20 solved. Looking back, the timestamp is shortly before the unlocking of the execution.

"One of those attributes" could also be a day-vig i.e. FL. I fail to see why "it has to be dancer". Almost like you're tunneling. "One of those attributes" could also be that they are the only person to be allowed more than one role. It could also be as an SK + "hint" person, i.e. you. (note: I am aware that this last paragraph is very speculative; I am not trying to make a strong case, simply because I don't have one. I am just trying to burst bee's bubble where he seems to only be able to focus on me).

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
KK noted this but the SK was decided before some of our more recent players entered the game, which really narrows the field. I can't make a call on b-1's alignment but his logic re: the SK checks out.

I do want to note that I believe the SK role is independent of any role a player may have received; the logic that I or b-1 are not the SK because we did something else is flawed, there is no mod statement indicating that that's a restriction on role assignment that I remember. Once I make this post I'm going to filter MMM to check that all the roles were posted in thread and if they were then Dancer is the right vote.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Confirmed privately submitted roles were posted to the thread, ##vote Dancer

Dancer
May 23, 2011
FL now you're here: Can you confirm that you killed someone last night? Because if you haven't, then it's rather odd of you to assume my card is the only one not made public to the thread, when whatever revived JFisk also isn't public.

If you have killed someone, and it happens to be GeneX, and your kill happens to be un-doctorable (not saying it's likely, but it's possible), could you perchance re-consider your position, given my claim?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Toalpaz posted:

That's unfair, the deadline is Friday 9pm CST.

Thanks.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Dancer posted:

I didn't yet have my powers back during N1. I got my role during the following day, I presume as a result of one of the half-dozen puzzles Nat20 solved. Looking back, the timestamp is shortly before the unlocking of the execution.

"One of those attributes" could also be a day-vig i.e. FL. I fail to see why "it has to be dancer". Almost like you're tunneling. "One of those attributes" could also be that they are the only person to be allowed more than one role. It could also be as an SK + "hint" person, i.e. you. (note: I am aware that this last paragraph is very speculative; I am not trying to make a strong case, simply because I don't have one. I am just trying to burst bee's bubble where he seems to only be able to focus on me).

Hmmm. It's certainly possible that you received some power from a puzzle that Nat20 solved, still doesn't clear you from being the sk. You are claiming an unconfirmed role.

Start of D3:

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

something has now changed
AFAIK, we have no idea what this does. However, it came from this puzzle:

code in top left:

, when deciphered, reveals a tinyurl link, which contains the card:

I was disappointed to learn that somebody solved this puzzle way back on d3 lol.

The bulletproof power was unlocked because someone privately pm'd the imgur link to the mod. The imgur link is found in cell Z1:

We don't know who received the bulletproof power.

There is one other puzzle that I have been unable to solve. I believe I found the encrypted message in the image, but I haven't been able to figure out what it means. My guess is that it reveals another tinyurl/imgur link, but that's just speculation. Has anyone else found this message yet? I've pretty much given up trying to solve it haha.

not really sure where I am going with this. I still believe Dancer was converted into an SK on d1, because 2 players (1 town/1scum) died n1. It's also worth pointing out that 50 pounds was executed due to a lone Dancer vote on d3. okay that's enough for now.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Dancer posted:

FL now you're here: Can you confirm that you killed someone last night? Because if you haven't, then it's rather odd of you to assume my card is the only one not made public to the thread, when whatever revived JFisk also isn't public.

If you have killed someone, and it happens to be GeneX, and your kill happens to be un-doctorable (not saying it's likely, but it's possible), could you perchance re-consider your position, given my claim?

I thought I said this in my first post today but maybe that was the one that got lost to awful.app, mine was a 1shot big

I think the revive is a separate mechanic not a role.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Speculation: Braille picture is a phoenix, which triggered revive mechanic

No, I have nothing to back this up with other than my eyes.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Fisk probably has no idea he has returned to the game lol.

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

I have opened your two eyes. I have opened your mouth with the instruments of Anpu...
The puzzle aspect is lost on me so I’m just going to charge through this like a normal game of mafia.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

quote:

https://i.imgur.com/O3LKjc6.png

Something was found...

But I won’t be able to follow through until tomorrow. Sleep tight.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Something was found...

:argh:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Deadline will likely be extended.

ALL ROLE CARDS HAVE BEEN FOUND

Submitting things privately will no longer have alternate effects.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

alternate effects eh...hmmmm

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

To curtail speculation, the alternate effects I was referring to were gaining a role by being the first to privately submit the card.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
imo we should not extend the deadline. what is everyone waiting for?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Fisk, gotta know what happened. Get an account.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Toalpaz posted:

Fisk, gotta know what happened. Get an account.

It's really not all that important right now IMHO.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

b-minus1 posted:

It's really not all that important right now IMHO.

The person who might feasibly back up my claim, at this point when you say it's of crucial importance that you catch the SK, so the person who could help you not miss, and you're like "doesn't matter lol". This reads a lot like you're the one who's SK (or at least scum who knows you're behind and is hoping for the SK to stick around to thin town numbers some more).

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Like, seriously, am I the only one finding it suspect just how hard b- is tunneling on specifically me (and has been the whole day)

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Probably because he’s scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Khris is also scum.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Dancer posted:

The person who might feasibly back up my claim, at this point when you say it's of crucial importance that you catch the SK, so the person who could help you not miss, and you're like "doesn't matter lol". This reads a lot like you're the one who's SK (or at least scum who knows you're behind and is hoping for the SK to stick around to thin town numbers some more).

- fisk either has no idea he is back in the game or he doesn't care. he is notorious for lurking and/or checking out of games.
- we don't know why or how he returned to the game
- we don't know if his role or alignment changed

in addition, over half of the living players don't seem to give a poo poo about this game

so no, fisk is not a priority. If he shows up and actually contributes something, great. but I highly doubt that will happen.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Dancer posted:

Like, seriously, am I the only one finding it suspect just how hard b- is tunneling on specifically me (and has been the whole day)

well you see, there's a reason for that. I want to find and kill the serial killer. which has to be either you or flying leatherman.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
So currently: 3 votes for me.
2 for b-, and 1 (merk) on Toal. For when I die, I think y'all already know that b- is suspect, but kindly look at FL. He seemed very eager to jump on me when given the slightest reason. Whether that's because he's SK or scum, I dunno, but I read it as fairly likely that he's one of them.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Dancer posted:

So currently: 3 votes for me.
2 for b-, and 1 (merk) on Toal. For when I die, I think y'all already know that b- is suspect, but kindly look at FL. He seemed very eager to jump on me when given the slightest reason. Whether that's because he's SK or scum, I dunno, but I read it as fairly likely that he's one of them.

I basically agree with you but without lurker participation I'm not sure how much about this stack up will change.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

curiousCat replaces GulagDolls

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
are there puzzles that are unsolved that I can help with

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

As far as I know the puzzles are basically done for now. I think they were only around to distribute roles and generate mystique.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I have returned, and killed chaoslord.

Second OP post updated.

Jump King fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jul 6, 2018

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Something was found...

Mechanic Unlocked: Scavenging

Roles may now be scavenged from dead bodies. Quote a flip and use the action format ##scavenge [playername] to scavenge an ability.

This must be done publicly. Only one role can be claimed by each person. Each role can only be scavenged once. There are some hidden aspects of this mechanic.

Jump King fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jul 6, 2018

Dancer
May 23, 2011

curiousCat posted:

are there puzzles that are unsolved that I can help with

Kindly try to read the past 2 pages and see who you think is more suspect between B- and myself :v: (and importantly: vote).

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Dancer posted:

Kindly try to read the past 2 pages and see who you think is more suspect between B- and myself :v: (and importantly: vote).

:thunk:

So you’ve narrowed it down to you and me huh

What happened to FL

Dancer
May 23, 2011

b-minus1 posted:

:thunk:

So you’ve narrowed it down to you and me huh

What happened to FL

Can you not act like that please? We're in a lurky game, 4 votes on a person who currently has zero isn't going to happen. And you've done plenty scummy things that even if you're not SK, you're still not a bad lynch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
This is ultimately pointless. I know that the sk is either you or FL. And based on all available content, I think it’s Dancer.

Dancer is apparently torn between me and FL, but it seems like he’s going all in on me.

We could go back and forth all night but we’ve already made up our minds. The lynch will likely be decided by someone who hasn’t given a poo poo about the game but will show up and vote. Which really sucks. So I don’t think there’s much more to say other than I hope a few people show up and actually contribute something meaningful.

• Locked thread