Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
You should let me play, I require an a faction to hate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Hi, so do the puzzles give us clues on how to win other than town survives or what?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I know that you all seem to be voting Sal, and that's fine and I have no problem with that.

Have you all considered lynching GeneX and seeing what happens when a whole Cube dies for the sake of science?

anyways ##vote GeneX

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I know it seems that it may seem that way under a certain light, at the same time though the only way towns can communicate is through posting and people have been blamed for not putting their vote where their opinion is.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Khris Kruel posted:

What exactly is your opinion? You didn't post one.

Toalpaz posted:

Have you all considered lynching GeneX and seeing what happens when a whole Cube dies for the sake of science?

anyways ##vote GeneX

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

GeneX posted:

Fitty, Hal, TNL, and Anon are all dead I think

I'm sorry, OP is old. I reviewed the thread more thoroughly.

##unvote

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Khris Kruel posted:

So you just want to kill them to test game mechanics

Yup!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

b-minus1 posted:

I’m not scum btw. Which means the first four players were town. Interesting

Maybe they weren't.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yes, I did think that one up myself. :smuggo:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Merk you're the greatest mafia champion. Why did 3 people die last night? There's the scum kill, and a serial kill for justice that seems to be killing scum kinda regularly. But uh, yeah why did two towns die in the night.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

merk posted:

Why do you care about three people dying last night?

Two town dying every night means we lose in like 2 or so nights no? We lost 3 town yesterday total.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

merk posted:

Ok, so who do you think is scum?

I'm okay with voting b-,

But I also think that Flying Leatherman in general is worthy of suspicion. They puzzled a lot early. Shot town. Now are kinda quiet once we lose three and new 4 people start chatting. I just think that it wouldn't surprise me if they were a skillful subtle scum just voting at night while puzzling during day.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

b-minus1 posted:

i'm doing a thing. hold on

:munch:

Also I'd seriously like to hear your's and Murk's opinion on Leatherman.

E: Oh shoot cool and useful thanks!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Do you two really have no opinion on who else could be scum?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

b-minus1 posted:

GeneX was interested in SK hunting. her top 4 SK suspects:
1. Sal (confirmed VT)
2. Dancer (claimed town JOAT)
3. bminus (claimed VT)
4. FL unclaimed

could be a FL scumbus

also, weird that genex was correct that she would be killed. no idea what that means

That's just more evidence against Flying Leatherman I suppose. Killing a town on 'accident' and surviving this long is enough for me though to consider voting them, because it's much more suspicious then 'suspicious' posting. Scum won't vote scum at night, and if FL is scum they wouldn't shoot scum so they would have better odds of survival.

##vote Flying Leatherman

Toalpaz fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jul 5, 2018

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

For now you might consider unvoting b- Merk, I think there are other fish to fry. Maybe we wait until we see Dancer respond.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

chaoslord posted:

Hey. Stop editing your posts.

It won't happen again, sorry.

Kris, the Vigilante is FL who used the shoot command to kill a town.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Dancer posted:

Occam's Razor. What's a simpler explanation for:
- a third NK happening out of nowhere, the same time a player comes *back* into the game
- an NK going through the doc, described in flavor as an unseen force.

I think the third night kill is related to a role that was claimed that we don't know about. We can't accuse anyone of a power we don't know, when no one is willing to step forward about it. We should get Fisk to talk first.

But I still think FL is obviously sk and our best bet probably.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Scum can claim roles if all they need to do is solve the puzzle right?

Roles were randomly distributed among remaining players not remaining Townies.

The tracker was scum, they claimed a role.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

We have a Vigilante. A vigilante used their ability. The Vigilante is FL.

I just didn't think that the Vigilante would be exclusively town this game.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Khris Kruel posted:

ah I see

Do you think the SK and Vig could have the same role?

Vig was assigned randomly and hasn't died yet. You get town or scum and roles in addition to that. Thats why people say Tracker Scum or Jail Town.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Khris Kruel posted:

cause it sounds like the SK was a role that was handed out, unlike scum and town alignments

The roles that are submitted privately are as the result of investigating puzzles. It seems that if you find a black box you can submit it privately and claim a role. You can find the sun in the first deer photo, that kicked off the day and night cycle.

It looks like SK is a town, they've killed scum before. Whoever found the knife first is probably the SK. I don't know if people can have two roles but I doubt it. So FL probably isn't the SK.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Khris Kruel posted:

To clarify, I don't think the SK and Vig can be the same person...I don't think you can have two roles in the game.

Now maybe FL is scum, that's possible. But I think we need to eliminate night kills immediately, and that means killing the SK.

So if it's not possible that FL is the SK because they have the Vig role, then we need to kill dancer or b-minus to get the SK and eliminate a night kill

Sorry, the SK black box is a knife. It's like a hook thing.

I don't think we need to kill a Town SK if that's how the roles work. I would prioritize killing scum. I really haven't seen any evidence that b-minus is the SK, we just blamed them because they're overly defensive at the start of the day.

I don't know why someone claiming JOAT makes you think they're SK. There's really no evidence there.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Okay, forgive me for everything. I misread and posted a lot.

So we don't know what SK's win conditions are. And we don't know if they can take multiple roles. But they aren't scum. Okay.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

drat it, I really want a role but honestly not sifting through all those black cells to find it or flipping letters.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

b-minus1 posted:

if you got the bulletproof, speak up now. UGH

Town gets nothing from knowing who the bulletproof is. Bulletproof helps maybe against SK as scum but otherwise they get nothing by the role being in play. If the role was randomly distributed trying to find out who it was is actually pretty scummy TBH. Lets scum try and lynch them.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##unvote

##vote b-

Well merk you're the best for a reason apparently. I really thought it was kinda baseless but that question to the thread is suspicious as gently caress. Also trying to bury it with white noise flipping to a new page.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm bad at articulating my thoughts. By it I'm referencing Merk's vote for b-, and the second one (it) refers burying the suspicious statement.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Dancer posted:

Finally, I will note that b- has also not been cleared of SK suspicion, and he seems to be tunneling on me pretty hard.

##vote b-

I think he just jumped to voting you cause you were the only person around with a vote. Without putting on a convincing argument to save himself he's just hoping that someone else damns you instead.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

merk posted:

This is also super scummy.

Is it though?

I just changed my vote cause B- said something that was fishing for information that could only help scum.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

what?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

b-minus1 posted:

I agree that the sk needs to die, but IMO the game isn't close to being over, considering mmm is still accepting players. We also don't know if the sk actually has two nks, that was just speculation on my part.

What we need is for everyone to start posting. This is why deadlines are a useful tool. Hopefully we can unlock that feature!!

I gave up on the other puzzle btw.

That's unfair, the deadline is Friday 9pm CST.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Fisk, gotta know what happened. Get an account.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Dancer posted:

So currently: 3 votes for me.
2 for b-, and 1 (merk) on Toal. For when I die, I think y'all already know that b- is suspect, but kindly look at FL. He seemed very eager to jump on me when given the slightest reason. Whether that's because he's SK or scum, I dunno, but I read it as fairly likely that he's one of them.

I basically agree with you but without lurker participation I'm not sure how much about this stack up will change.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

As far as I know the puzzles are basically done for now. I think they were only around to distribute roles and generate mystique.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Well if I die tonight I blame b- so, goodbye world.

Okay back drinking.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Hi I'm a town merk please don't kill me. I know all the people I suspected turned out to be town, but you really don't want me to die.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Also why is it that all that we have 2 people entering the game that were lynched or whatever.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

merk posted:

Toal, did you claim?

I didn't explicitly say before but I'm vanilla town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yeah I guess you would know exactly who all the scum are.

Well this is an awkward situation. I'm not sure how town can win if they're just bringing back all the scum as is, and I"m not sure how to take your vote for Merk if I know you aren't going to vote scum right off the bat.

• Locked thread