Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
my girlfriend did not know what VADER TIME was, beyond seeing a big dude in a leotard and weird mask in my Fire Pro streams, until the day before yesterday

I showed her the vs Sting strap match from Superbrawl 93

her reaction was one long :stare: and now Vader is one of her favorite wrestlers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

my girlfriend did not know what VADER TIME was, beyond seeing a big dude in a leotard and weird mask in my Fire Pro streams, until the day before yesterday

her reaction was one long :stare: and now Vader is one of her favorite wrestlers

There's an alternate universe somewhere where AWA realizes his potential and survives. Although in this universe, NJPW is stuck with Warrior (the 1st choice for Vader).

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sockser posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE_JOo3JNVc

I don't know how this match ends in a loving count out and somehow isn't a wet fart

I guess part of it is Vader just freaking out and wrecking everything

And then shouting for a while

that's some classic Vader. Casually punching a dude in the face, right in front of the ref.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Vader vs Foley on those two April '93 shows are so incredibly brutal.

Another Vader match worth a watch is the Superbrawl '95 main event vs Hogan, where Vader has the best kayfabe showing against prime babyface Hogan of anyone other than Warrior. Includes:
-Vader no-selling a Hogan chairshot
-Vader kicking out of the legdrop with authority (had anyone done that previously?)
-Hogan winning by DQ but not having decisive control at the time

Hogan seemed in much more peril than he did in typical formula bouts because Vader's offense was just miles ahead of '80s WWF monster heels.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Ditch posted:

Vader vs Foley on those two April '93 shows are so incredibly brutal.

Another Vader match worth a watch is the Superbrawl '95 main event vs Hogan, where Vader has the best kayfabe showing against prime babyface Hogan of anyone other than Warrior. Includes:
-Vader no-selling a Hogan chairshot
-Vader kicking out of the legdrop with authority (had anyone done that previously?)
-Hogan winning by DQ but not having decisive control at the time

Hogan seemed in much more peril than he did in typical formula bouts because Vader's offense was just miles ahead of '80s WWF monster heels.

I might just have to watch that this weekend

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i met vader the goddwinns and mankind at a mcdonalds autograph signing in new jersey (this was 1996 at the height of his wwf run) and vader was the only one who would take a picture with me and my brother.

vader: good

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

There's an alternate universe somewhere where AWA realizes his potential and survives. Although in this universe, NJPW is stuck with Warrior (the 1st choice for Vader).

they're stuck with sid i think

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/411wrestling/status/1010305710389805056

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I know it's preaching to the choir, but Vader/Flair Starrcade '93 is imo one of the, if not THE, best Monster vs "Little" Guy match in contemporary wrestling. For having to call an audible because Sid Vicious hosed up the booking of the main event by stabbing Arn, WCW's hastily put together build up to Flair vs Vader is brilliant. From the promos to the Retirement stip to the opening vignettes on the ppv to the actual match itself, it's a fantastic piece of work.

This stuff alone is gold

Unfortunately the actual ppv itself is hot garbage but, hey, that's :wcw:

super macho dude fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jun 24, 2018

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
:siren:

https://twitter.com/itsvadertime/status/1010533010029056000

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Vader in his non-monster form is a complete mindfuck :psyduck:

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Wish I could go back in time and bully him for being a ginger

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

You did, and he crawled away crying,"I'm gonna go away and get real big!" and it worked!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

You did, and he crawled away crying,"I'm gonna go away and get real big!" and it worked!

This is how it went for him, actually. He's Shamrock

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/1009500197225975826

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

That Vader/Hansen match they put up on the Network is real fun for a 10 minute slugfest. You don't often see Hansen get thrown around like a sack of potatoes, but Vader managed

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Shamrock is only pretend hurt there, right?

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
Vader memories, well everyone has already mentioned the good ones so I'll mention two goofy ones.

1) WWE In Your House (the video game) had "super pins" and Vader's just made no sense at all. And this is considering that all of them were ridiculous, and Triple H's is so ridiculous it would have topped the list if Vader's hadn't. Really...what the gently caress?

2) They were running some contest where the main prize was you got to have a dinner with a WWE wrestler and the ad had Vader and he wore a special version of his outfit that said SUPPER TIME instead of VADER TIME.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Moneyball posted:

It kinda looks like Vader creamed him, so probably not? But it's pretty normal to stuff people back if they won't lighten up.

Meanwhile, true friendship!

https://twitter.com/ColtCabana/status/1009709857006604289

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Cornwind Evil posted:

Vader memories, well everyone has already mentioned the good ones so I'll mention two goofy ones.

1) WWE In Your House (the video game) had "super pins" and Vader's just made no sense at all. And this is considering that all of them were ridiculous, and Triple H's is so ridiculous it would have topped the list if Vader's hadn't. Really...what the gently caress?

2) They were running some contest where the main prize was you got to have a dinner with a WWE wrestler and the ad had Vader and he wore a special version of his outfit that said SUPPER TIME instead of VADER TIME.

Warrior and Ahmed's were a bit morbid for wrestling

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Moneyball posted:

He had massive internal injuries causing him to bleed from the mouth.

You know, like most Shamrock matches.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1011084096385179650

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
vader is the best big man to live and will be to ever live he is the ur-bigman

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

The fact that Vader managed to have a great strap match should tell you all you need to know about how good he was.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I like this. It's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I forgot that Vader made Hogan look like a bitch in their first match. I'll have to check it out.

• Locked thread