Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Scour away!

Even as a young person it felt like bullshit that Vader didn't beat HBK. I didn't see much of his WCW work but he clearly deserved better than he got in the WWF.

He was supposed to win. HBK threw a fit and they changed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Some standout positive Vader memories

1) Wrestling With Shadows, they take a minute to talk to him he mentions having a Real Estate License, and he comes off as they most teddy bear-ish guy. I think he was also one of the talent who skipped the next RAW out of solidarity with Bret after Montreal.

2) When they were doing that shtick with Heath Slater where a different legend came out and hosed him up every week, Vader came out and got a nice pop, and shouted "You remembered!". Imagine being an 8 time world champ, maybe the best big man ever and being humbled by that.

3) At WrestleReunion 6, headlined by Sasuke and Generico vs the Bucks, the opener was a couple young guys having a nice basic match. Vader's music hits, and he comes out and destroys both guys. Dude got a MONSTER reaction and he looked so thrilled. I know the last two are similar, but I love it when legends are able to still be excited and unjaded about fans loving them. Incidentally, one of those guys he destroyed? Adam Page.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Wish I could find that gif of Liger kicking over Vader's steam helmet, or one that doesn't link to reddit

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jun 22, 2018

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

That and it's almost for sure that he wanted to do it to make people talk about him and not Hogan after the match.

Considering Hogan won every time I'm fine with that

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

my girlfriend did not know what VADER TIME was, beyond seeing a big dude in a leotard and weird mask in my Fire Pro streams, until the day before yesterday

I showed her the vs Sting strap match from Superbrawl 93

her reaction was one long :stare: and now Vader is one of her favorite wrestlers

There's an alternate universe somewhere where AWA realizes his potential and survives. Although in this universe, NJPW is stuck with Warrior (the 1st choice for Vader).

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

You did, and he crawled away crying,"I'm gonna go away and get real big!" and it worked!

This is how it went for him, actually. He's Shamrock

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/1009500197225975826

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Moneyball posted:

Shamrock is only pretend hurt there, right?

It kinda looks like Vader creamed him, so probably not? But it's pretty normal to stuff people back if they won't lighten up.

Meanwhile, true friendship!

https://twitter.com/ColtCabana/status/1009709857006604289

• Locked thread