Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Diqnol posted:

drat, I really thought Smith would last to me. Good pick!

I honestly thought one of Smith or Mariota would make it to the end of the round, guess that alters my plan a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Are you guys in the Waleed division? I was debating heavily on taking Dak in the 7th. Once I saw Smith and Mariota go, I felt a lot better about the choice.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I didn't want to go lower than this group of QBs for my second. When Goff and Dak went, I decided I needed to jump. So, Alex Smith, come on down! And I should say I went Smith in large part because of the -4 INT penalty. He's been one of the most accurate passers over the last few years.

Ben Nevis fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jul 29, 2018

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Ben Nevis posted:

I didn't want to go lower than this group of QBs for my second. When Goff and Dak went, I decided I needed to jump. So, Alex Smith, come on down! And I should say I went Smith in large part because of the -4 INT penalty. He's been one of the most accurate passers over the last few years.

I just pulled the trigger on Carr because there are still at least two teams without a QB at all and I don't want to get stuck with guys who may not even have a firm grasp on the starting position. It was a much bigger run on QBs in the 6th and 7th than I thought it would be. If I could go back I'd take Ryan or Mahomes at the beginning of the 6th instead of Cooks and then take a WR I liked instead of Carr at 8.1

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I did get stuck between the two guys who don't pay attention though :shobon:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

TEs are officially dead in the Jeff division.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
So glad I went off the deep end and took gronk in that division

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Spoeank posted:

So glad I went off the deep end and took gronk in that division

I took Engram in the fifth and feel it's the steal of the draft right now.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Diqnol posted:

I did get stuck between the two guys who don't pay attention though :shobon:

Am I one of those guys? Sorry if you said it already, I wasn’t paying attention

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

jabro posted:

I took Engram in the fifth and feel it's the steal of the draft right now.

I took him at 3.03 for fucks sake.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Spermy Smurf posted:

I took him at 3.03 for fucks sake.

Hey we have the same draft position! My 3.03 was Deshaun Watson.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I'm just mad Edelman went two picks before I could take him. Then I could've had the all suspended team.

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank

jabro posted:

TEs are officially dead in the Jeff division.

I look forward to drafting some meat sack of a blocking TE in round 14. I just couldn't bring myself to draft Jordan Reed however good he is.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Major Ryan posted:

I look forward to drafting some meat sack of a blocking TE in round 14. I just couldn't bring myself to draft Jordan Reed however good he is.

Paging Spoeank

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I think we've passed the 24 hour mark for Patti Mahomaise in the Waleed division.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Gobias Ind. posted:

I think we've passed the 24 hour mark for Patti Mahomaise in the Waleed division.

We definitely have. Too bad he's the next guy on the clock.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Isnt that papes? Didnt he post like yesterday?

Kicker it is.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
My trio of Ertz/Delanie/Reed will reign down upon the Jeff division

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Last year I went tight end crazy. It did not go well lol.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

89 posted:

My trio of Ertz/Delanie/Reed will reign down upon the Jeff division

Out (concussion)/Delanie/Out (concussion) lookin good come week 4

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Kelce + Graham worked well last year.

In a league of 36 teams, gotta go for the risks instead of safety to win it all.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Just an update:
Towards the end of the week I'm going to reduce the clock to 12 hours. The only reason I can't do it now is because I have to enforce it manually, and I just have no time to check in and keep track of stuff. My crazy work schedule eases up this weekend though, so I'll do some housekeeping and move things along.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Oops, I just saw the e-mail you sent out for the start of the new Fish Bowl. Best of luck to everyone this year! I'm gonna be following to see how things go for sure. Thanks for running it again, Drunk Nerds

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

Oops, I just saw the e-mail you sent out for the start of the new Fish Bowl. Best of luck to everyone this year! I'm gonna be following to see how things go for sure. Thanks for running it again, Drunk Nerds

Thanks a bunch! Sorry you missed out this year. I think I’m going to do the draft launch next year(just like the last two years) on a Monday closest to July 21, if you wanna just file that in the “things to remember in June 2919” drawer

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I will own every rookie running back except for the one my team is named after :twisted:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Is anybody else's FleaFlicker acting weird? This is what my Draft Board page now looks like:

If I go to my team page I still see all of my picks, but this seemingly happened out of nowhere. And nobody has made a pick since I noticed the change (possibly a coincidence). On that note, it's been over 12 hours in the Waleed Division.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
He closed the draft and had to reopen it.

It looks weird because of that, but everything else is fine.

And yeah, it's been 21hrs in Waleed.

VonnMetternick is up.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

He closed the draft and had to reopen it.

It looks weird because of that, but everything else is fine.

And yeah, it's been 21hrs in Waleed.

VonnMetternick is up.

Oh right, for the time change.

Are we sure everything is kosher though? I have an alert e-mail from Saturday saying that Sony 2012 drafted Buck Allen with the 3rd pick of the 18th Round. But Buck is still in my available player list and is not showing on Sony 2012's team.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Gobias Ind. posted:

Are we sure everything is kosher though? I have an alert e-mail from Saturday saying that Sony 2012 drafted Buck Allen with the 3rd pick of the 18th Round. But Buck is still in my available player list and is not showing on Sony 2012's team.

He misclicked and Drunk Nerds corrected the pick (Josh Allen) for hin

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Gobias Ind. posted:

It was discussed in the GroupMe. Sony 2012 posted that they misclicked and had meant to get Josh Allen, DN went to fix it, Fleaflicker weirdness resulted in the draft basically being stopped prior to my pick (Owen Daniels Fan Club) and then restarted. I checked and had my dudes, and the dudes I was eyeing were still on the board, so it seems OK.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Ah okay, that makes sense. I haven't been in the GroupMe. Thanks guys.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Cervixalot posted:

He misclicked and Drunk Nerds corrected the pick (Josh Allen) for hin

Oh. I would've taken him ;_;

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Diqnol posted:

Oh. I would've taken him ;_;

I was strongly considering it as well. I'll be happy with my Kirk instead.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Yeah, sorry for the confusion. I emailed everyone, but I guess not everyone saw it.

I paused the draft, swapped the allens, then it told me I could not resume the draft. I'm 99.9% sure there was no user error.
So I made all of the players on everyone's roster their "keepers" and started a supplemental draft, which seems to have done the trick.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Drunk Nerds posted:

Yeah, sorry for the confusion. I emailed everyone, but I guess not everyone saw it.

I paused the draft, swapped the allens, then it told me I could not resume the draft. I'm 99.9% sure there was no user error.
So I made all of the players on everyone's roster their "keepers" and started a supplemental draft, which seems to have done the trick.

I got the e-mail about the clock changing to 12 hours but failed to connect that with the Fleaflicker weirdness. Didn't receive anything about the Buck Allen/Josh Allen thing though.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Drunk Nerds posted:

Ahh this is why I couldn’t see the earlier draft boards. Is there a way to see those? Was helpful to see where players were going in other divisions.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Cervixalot posted:

Ahh this is why I couldn’t see the earlier draft boards. Is there a way to see those? Was helpful to see where players were going in other divisions.

You can still see it in Jeff and Evan divisions, but I have no idea where it is in Waleed. It's like fleaflicker just decided it never happened (but luckily retained the rosters)

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Drunk Nerds posted:

You can still see it in Jeff and Evan divisions, but I have no idea where it is in Waleed. It's like fleaflicker just decided it never happened (but luckily retained the rosters)

Yeah, it's annoying me a bit. But at least we are almost done.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
My other leagues haven't started yet to rosterbate to.

QB: Tom Brady, Tyrod Taylor, Baker Mayfield
RB: David Johnson, Lamar Miller, CJ Anderson, Peyton Barber
WR: TY Hilton, Will Fuller, Keelan Cole
TE: Zach Ertz, Delanie Walker, Jordan Reed

👍

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Sataere is up in Waleed.