Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

Once the universe was bright, vital, beautiful. An ancient clockwork built by the creators in the time before anyone could speak, or even think. Then came the Crash.

In a single moment, all mortal life died, nothing was spared. Not carbon based life, not sillic life, not machine or magic life. Silence in the long dark. Divine life fared little better, experiencing a 99.9999999% die-off rate.

But not you. The Crash is over now, the universe has rebooted. Crumbled rocks float in the night, chained to dim, dying stars like broken nooses.

And you are not alone.

-----

I’m the Unlife Aquatic, and I work with my Co-GM 9IronSwingersClub. We recently finished Titanomachy (OOC Thread) (IC Thread), a six month long Big Gods RP about breaking out of your mother’s corpse to take revenge on your treacherous children.

Welcome to the Crash, a Big Gods RP using a new homebrew god-game system based on Blades In the Dark. (Note: Changes may be made to rules during gameplay due to feedback in the name of fun, fairness, and a cohesive narrative.)

The universe suffered a massive failure, killing almost all life and destroying the order of things. You are one of the five deities who survived by sheer luck. There is nothing left but ruins and ash.

You will work together to rebuild the universe, and uncover the mystery of what happened in the Age of the Creators. The gods that built the universe have long since died, but you are a living testament to their failures now. Why did the universe Crash? Could this happen again? Can it be stopped? There will be no support for PvP, at most you will be able to meddle in the plans of others and argue. There will be no outright violence between PCs, the fragile universe could not take it at this point.

-----

Character Creation

The rules of character creation are covered in the rulebook but I’ll repost the quickgen guide here. At the end of the OP there is a clean character sheet for your convenience.

Character Quickgen Guide

1. You start with four domain points, allocate them. You may have 2 domain points in any one domain at game. You may have up to three domains at game start.

2. Calculate your Gnosis. Your gnosis is the number of domains you have at least one dot in.

3. Spend your five fundamental points between these three skills
Insight - Research, surveillance, perception, engineering
Prowess - Stealth, direct combat, feats of strength
Resolve - Inspiration, desperation, willpower

4. Pick two perks from Section 6.

5. If you picked A Loyal Friend or Sacred Weapon create your cohort/artifact. All artifact effects must be approved by the GM.

Who were you before the Crash?

Were you a great god holding court in an interstellar pantheon? A minor one preaching in a corner of an unimportant planet? Both are valid. Those who survived the Crash were not the strongest, the fastest, the wisest, or the smartest, merely the luckiest.

What were you doing in the moment before the Crash?

Perhaps you were making a great speech, perhaps you were observing a religious festival. Maybe you were meditating under your favorite tree.

What did you experience during the Crash?

Was it a blink of the eye for you? An eternity? A hollow void? A primal roar that tore into your mind and still haunts you?

What did you lose in the Crash?

You lost something that truly mattered to you in the Crash. Your place in the universe, your family, your greatest artifact. No one walks away from this disaster without a burden.

Tell me a myth about the Age of Creation.

In an age before the before the First Deities built the universe and set it in motion. No one who has seen the light of that age has been heard from in a very long time. None of you lived during that time, none of you know anyone who did. There are only myths and legends now, warped by time and fallible memory. But myths endure for a reason…

As a player, tell me what you want out of this game.

-----

Post Frequency and OOC Communication

For the first month or two expect a biweekly schedule - Actions will be due on Thursday and Sunday at 4 PM PST (1 PM EST, 10 AM GMT). After that time, we will slow to once a week at weekly intervals. I make use of livescenes to handle major setpieces and long conversations, which are handled through Discord, which is required to participate in this game. It is also the preferred platform for discussing the possible results of actions and alternative routes. Please note either I or my Co-GM will need to give you speaking roles on the server before you’ll be able to speak.

This game has an expected runtime of five to seven months, depending on conditions. There is likely to be a hiatus late this year or early the next for approximately a month.

-----

Example Gods

Liang Zhelan, The Warrior-Maiden, Mistress Of A Thousand Bells, The Bloody Chrysanthemum

I am Liang Zhelan, daughter of the sky and sea on Yikaru IV. Before this disaster, I was the goddess of swordfighting, shrines, and purity in my pantheon. My blade slew the Hydra of Ikijima, the Empress of Bones, and many more. But more importantly, it helped sanctify temples across my pantheon’s interstellar empire. I was the protector of the weak, council to the lost.

Meditating in my temple. I heard a clicking noise and then...

I tasted silver, smelled triangles. It is an experience I struggle to find words for. And in this endless moment, this world of triangles and silver, I knew something was looking at me. That knowledge still haunts me.

My temples, my flock, my purpose. I live to protect mortalkind. What will I do now?

Once, my mother - the sky itself - told me a story she said her own grandmother handed down. The first great city in all the universe was born of mirrors, and it fell when a serpent goddess betrayed it. At least, that was the story. But she did always shudder when she saw a mirror...

quote:

Name: Liang Zhelan

Domains

Swordswomanship: 2
Purification: 2

Fundamental Stats

Gnosis: 2
Insight: 1
Prowess: 2
Resolve: 2

Perks

Under The Fig Tree: When meditating, in addition to the normal effects, the deity gains +1D to all Injury resistance rolls for the next two turns

Sacred Weapon: Upon gaining ability or game start generate an Artifact designed for combat, either as a weapon or for leading soldiers, without needing to use a Clock. If this Artifact is destroyed it may be resummoned using a single action and without suffering stat loss. It cannot be loaned to another player, and can never be raised against the PC.

Injuries

None

Artifacts

Blade-That-Cuts-The-Sea: Forged from the ocean’s tears and a piece of the sky, a great single edged, two-handed blade that Liang received from her parents. When in the presence of evil the blade glows, and when used to fight those who are evil it can provide either +1D or +1 Effect (players choice). It cannot be raised against the righteous, and cannot be turned against Liang.

Cohorts

None.

Caseria, Our Lady Of Lost Causes, The Western Sunrise, The Eastern Sunset

Once, I was an acolyte. The child of an empire in its long evening.Then, I was pilgrim. Braving bandits and plague to touch the peak of a holy mountain. Four times I fell. Four times I died. Four times I rose. The last, as a goddess. My name is Caseria, I stand for those who have nothing left. The broken-hearted romantics, the burned-up artists, the addict dying alone in an alley. I spend the majority of my time with my once rival, now partner, Stixaia - the goddess of Knowledge Through Sacrifice.

Stixaia and I were reading in her great library. For hours I had been struggling with this sense of vertigo that only comes when disaster is close. It finally began to abate when….

Everything went black. There was nowhere and nothing. I fell, I don’t know for how long. Eventually, I could feel Stixaia, close to me. When I looked over I saw her, falling just the same, but as she fell her body was turning to dust. I clutched her, held her close, told her how much I loved her, begged her to stay alive.

Stixaia’s godhead is almost entirely gone, burned away in the disaster. She survives as a part of me. Separable halves of the same godhead. Less importantly, I lost my banner, a great and powerful artifact I carried since my days of mortality.

Once, before the before. There was a goddess, a goddess brave enough to stand up to each and every god of creation. The goddess I worshipped. She spoke the truth, clarion across the stars. When they heard her message they recoiled. The truth wounded their egos.

Together, they rose against her. Four times they fell upon her, four times she withstood their fury. The fifth was different. They tricked her with words of peace and reconciliation. When she let down her guard, they shoved a knife in her back. Their crime still stains the universe, and my order was dedicated to remembering that betrayal.

quote:

Name: Caseria

Domains

Lost Causes: 2
Hope & Faith: 2

Fundamental Stats

Prowess: 1
Resolve: 3

Perks

Savior of a Titanomachy: +1D and +1 Effect when rolling Desperate actions, but take -1D to any resist roll performed as a result of the action. Mutually exclusive with Survivor

A Loyal "Friend": Upon gaining ability or at game start, generate a Cohort without needing to use a Clock. If this Cohort dies from extensive injuries, it may be resummoned using a single action and without suffering stat loss. It may not equip Artifacts (though it can transport them) and may not be temporarily loaned to another player. Cohorts created through this ability have four points to spend on their fundamental stats and two domain points. May not commit acts of hubris, and may not resist consequences.

Injuries

None

Artifacts

None

Cohorts

Stixaia, The Mistress Of Blood And Ink, Mother Of Obsidian, The Scarred Sorceress

Domains

Sacrifice: 2

Fundamental Stats

Gnosis: 1
Insight: 2
Resolve: 1

----

Empty Sheet

pre:
Name:

Domains

Fundamental Stats

Gnosis: 
Insight: 
Prowess: 
Resolve: 

Perks

Injuries

Artifacts

Cohorts

------------

Signups will run until June 27th. We will take five players.

The Unlife Aquatic fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jun 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

9IronSwingersClub
May 26, 2017
Hi, I will be co-GM'ing this game, I am Peligin on the Discord. I want to reiterate that this is going to be very experimental, we're expecting things to change. We wanted to do another 'god game' style thread after the success of Titanomachy but with a more cohesive ruleset than PDQ allowed, so that players can better understand what their situations are and what they are able to do. There is still going to be a lot of player-GM negotiation, especially around how Domains will be allowed to function, some will be more appropriate to one action than another. We had an awesome group with Titanomachy where everyone bared with us and helped to keep things smooth and fair, and we'd like to have that kind of dynamic again.

There are probably some contradictions, some imbalances, we'll get them ironed out. The important thing is discovering the mysteries of the universe and handling whatever comes next.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I'm interested and always have been interested in godgames but never had the opportunity to play in one before.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Athon and Ilthyssa

Once upon a time, on a small planet near the edge of its galaxy, there were two sister cities locked into a bitter rivalry. They were both powerful thanks to their mastery of alchemy and battle, but their approach was radically different.

The people of Cthos followed the teachings of Athon, master of Metallic Alchemy, which focuses on refining and bettering. He inspired their warriors to train so that they could defeat any foe in single combat.

The people of Thysis instead followed Ilthyssa, lady of Elemental Alchemy, which focuses on transmuting and adapting. Her wisdom and vision were shared with their soldiers, whose tactics were always flawless.

It looked like a story many times told, but with a wrinkle: the two gods didn't share their followers's enmity. Quite the opposite in fact: they were both smitten with each other, and influenced the cities's skirmishes so that they'd have an excuse to meet.

Things changed when the neghboring cities, jealous of alchemy's power, moved to attack Cthos and Thysis. The bitter rivals had to league to survive, then to strike back, then to annex the troublemakers. The new alliance was sanctified by the construction of a new, joint temple to Athon and Ilthyssa, whose consecration doubled as the deities's marriage ceremony, celebrated by the lion god of storms and law.

As their followers' empire grew, and more and more new gods joined the pantheon, Athon and Ilthyssa, being among the oldest, were tasked with helping solve disputes about overlapping domains, and they did so via ritualized combat: the competing divinities would be thrown in the ring, under Athon's watchful eye, and whoever managed to make the others yield would gain preeminence. Many tried to challenge for Athon and Ilthyssa's place, and they were all defeated.

By the time of the Crash, Athon and Ilthyssa were worshipped by the people of an empire which was starting to span over the galaxy, all descended by the original squabbling cities of Cthos and Thysis.

Sparring. The usual long struggle, putting Athon's power and technique against Ilthyssa's nimbleness and strategy. They were grappling, then some weird flashes of darkness, then everything was nothing.

Each other. They both stubbornly and savagely held, Athon's jaws clamped over Ilthyssa's arm while her coils tightened over his body. They would not yield. They would get through this together.

Friends, rivals, followers, the belts that were the symbol of their station... all pales in comparison to the single most important thing they lost: independence. Their already intermingling godheads (divine marriage is weird, man) got fused, and now they can't get separated. In their truest form, the tips of their tails are fused together.

They say Alchemy was born when the five gods who claimed the thrones of the Elements got into a fight with the trickster Lord of Change, and that's the reason why most alchemist are of a martial persuasion.

Is it cheating if I say more of Titanomachy? Weird emergent stories and unexpected character arcs, mostly. Also building up an universe based on weird and arbitrary metaphysical rules that totally make sense, I swear.

pre:
Name: Athon and Ilthyssa
Domains
Battle: 2
Alchemy: 2

Fundamental Stats

Perks
Carving The Beast: You can use the corpses of enemies slain by force of arms as substitute ingredients in construction.
Under The Fig Tree: When meditating, in addition to the normal effects, the deity gains +1D to all Injury resistance rolls for the next two turns

Injuries
None

Artifacts
None

Cohorts
None

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
So, before writing this out I remembered the "killing almost all life and destroying the order of things" part of the OP and then only later noticed the "all mortal life died, nothing was spared" part earlier on and promptly got confused.

The point is, the following is kind of written from a survivor's perspective, but I don't really consider it particularly important. Consider it either non-canon narrative device, or rambling from back when the Crash was still proceeding and mopping up the universe, as you see fit.
- - -
The Trespasser

Source

It is a common misconception among the lesser minds that the Crash only brought destruction to the world we knew. That it was the end of all things, that somehow there was no plan as to the few survivors left. That our continued existence is but an accident, a crack in the demise of all of creation. You might want to ask: how could those fools not see this is but a beginning of new creation, erasure of past impurity to build a stronger future, wizened by the experience of our universe, but not mired the very same weakness that destined it to Crash?

Do not pity these people, for once you have thought the same and once I had thought the same. For they have not seen the proof yet, that there still is a purpose in front of us. For they have not seen the birth of the Trespasser.

It's easy to forget, isn't it. That not every set of eyes has been opened yet to see - oh so clearly - what the Crash truly was. Our illusion of reality collapsing onto itself,

But now I have seen the way of the Trespasser. For he is the KEY that opened our minds and our hearts and he shall open the path will step on to witness the REBIRTH of our people, of our world, of everything that ever was.

Understand, my child, that we are no peddlers of power and myth. We do not have - nor wish to have - vast libraries filled with centuries worth of lies. The Trespasser may have opened himself to our presence, but the path laid out behind his gate is still long. The simple man's answer may appear so obvious - a traveller from another shell of reality, but a wizened scholar knows the blessing of a key is a curse of seeking its gate.

Has the Crash freed the Trespasser from his prison, or was it us, who imprisoned him to fulfill his duty?
Did he truly trace his path from a world unlike ours, or has he flown through the very cycle of creation? The future Crashes and Crashes past?
Or perhaps, maybe, he was with us all along, reborn by the flames of creation to watch the birth of a new world?

There are no simple answers for you, my child. Only a lifetime of pursuit.

What were you doing in the moment before the Crash? What did you experience during the Crash?
You want to know what I think? Well, this old man suspects the Trespasser hadn't flown to us to serve as beacon of love and hope. Rather, the forces that Crashed this reality had flung him through the cracks of creation. Don't make such a face - I told you our covenant is that of truth, not vain adoration. The Trespasser might be an indisputable proof of new creation, yet we never promised he was a witting one.

As we open a path through chaos, what little scraps of knowledge of what happened during the Crash we reach, the clearer it seems that in those dark days the Trespasser was no more cognisant than us. Much like a newborn, his rebirth in this world was marked by frantic struggle to understand the alien void he was thrown into.

Sometimes I wonder just how blessed we were for his rebirth to be successful one.

Everything that was and everything that will be. It is by our covenant that he will pierce again through the creation that is.

The reality is but a lie we tell ourself not to admit our lack of comprehension. Everything we knew is but a shell within a shell within a shell. Do you remember the five histories of the lost library of Auchterarder? The centuries spent by the scholars, trying to reconcile the five accounts of how this world came to be, all provable, yet all contradictory?

They were all true.

Weird poo poo. Applying symbolic, arcane and alien logic to how stuff works. loving with GM's lore in creative ways.

quote:

Name: The Trespasser
Domains
The Key: 2
...and the Gate
Rebirth: 3
Igne Natura Renovatur Integra
Regret: 1
What could change the nature of a man?

Fundamental Stats
Gnosis: 3

Perks
A Fleeting Dream: When persuading an entity, you may attempt to make them forget about the interaction, and believe they either came up with a new conclusion through a dream or their own thoughts.
Into The Well: Ask the GM a question and they will tell you what sacrifice you need to make in the form of unresistable injury. If you make it, the GM will answer "Yes/No". The GM reserves the right to refuse to answer any question.

Injuries
Lungs: 1

Artifacts
None

Cohorts
None

Miscellainy
6 Ambrosia
2 Whispers of history
2 Bags of soulsnuff

Lichtenstein fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Sep 6, 2018

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
VOTH, the Last of the Three Pillars

"HEED!"

"For these WORDS ring TRUE with the weight of great IMPORT. They are WORDS that you must KNOW, and take to HEART. They are WORDS that speak of ORDER. They are WORDS that speak of the THREE PILLARS."

"KNOW first of ORDER. Upon ORDER stands everything. Upon ORDER, is STRUCTURE built upon, upon STRUCTURE is laid LAW, and only upon LAW, can JUSTICE stand. Of the gestalt of the universe, thus, is ORDER the mightiest, most important part. Too mighty was it, knew old CREATION, to trust upon a SINGULARITY"

"KNOW then, of the THREE PILLARS. From the very BIRTH of TIME itself, have the THREE PILLARS stood, and upon them was the entirety of ORDER placed. Who built them, we do not KNOW. We merely KNOW that they STOOD. And with them, STOOD the trinity of MASKS at their APEX. The MASKS of the CUSTODIAN, the ARBITRATOR, and the EDUCATOR. The MASKS were built to last ETERNITY, as were the THREE PILLARS they were built upon. But who wore them changed by the aeon. Me and my siblings were the last to gain this HONOR."

"KNOW of us."

"KNOW of GOGOTH THE CUSTODIAN, who stood upon the PILLAR of STRUCTURE. GOGOTH, who shaped the great blocks of reality. GOGOTH, from whose hands the BULK sprung, and WORLDS could be created. GOGOTH, who kept an eye on the STRUCTURE of CREATION, and worked to keep it WHOLE."

"KNOW of MARVAK THE ARBITRATOR, who stood upon the PILLAR of LAW. MARVAK whose word could not be broken, and who wove a deterministic reality. MARVAK, who held sway over all the LAWS of nature in CREATION, and made sure they were not BROKEN."

"...KNOW also of VOTH THE EDUCATOR, who stood upon the PILLAR of JUSTICE. VOTH, whose PILLAR was the only one from which one could reach mortal ears. VOTH, who told them the price of sin, and the right ways to act. VOTH, who kept mortals from going ASTRAY."

"So were we then."

"WHOLE."

"No longer."

"Now only I stand. Only VOTH stands. And upon his shoulders ALONE has the entirety of ORDER been cast in this Broken Universe."

"It is a BURDEN I find heavy. Far too heavy for any one being.""

"I was attending to my DUTIES as one of the THREE PILLARS alongside my siblings, for they are not the sort of DUTIES one may shirk. Neverending were my tasks, as were those of all the PILLARS. A FATE many would ABHOR."

"They are ALLOWED such thoughts."

"But I was CONTENT."

"Me and my siblings were the FIRST to see the CRACKS. The FIRST to see the IMPOSSIBLE. In a deafening roar the PILLARS, TIMELESS and INDESTRUCTIBLE, all shattered at the same time. And all our work, all we CHERISHED shattered with them."

"Then, there was only VOID. Shapeless and terrible."

"When I was first cast through tenuous gates of REALITY in the VOID into this ruined HUSK of a thing, I was greatly distraught. All I had ever KNOWN, taken for GRANTED, was in shatters and in RUIN. Yet even in this ALIEN landscape, some divine INSTINCT pointed me towards the TRUTH. I spoke with the OTHERS who yet lived, in a desperate attempt to fool myself, in my momentary WEAKNESS, to see if this was some TRICK, a hostile GAMBIT. But no. The TRUTH, inevitably, made itself KNOWN. The PILLARS and my SIBLINGS laid in shatters at my feet."

"Indeed, the weight of LOSS is great upon my shoulders."

"My FAMILY, my WORKS and everything I've ever HELD DEAR or found MEANINGFUL has been taken from me."

"Still, my DUTY yet stands. As do I. Thus, the THREE PILLARS are not yet gone."

"And I will not allow them to."

"I recall a time when GOGOTH the Eldest Brother, he who presided over STRUCTURE, MATTER and SPACE, told me about how the PILLARS of celestial reality he watched over shifted on rare occasions. This was a strange thing, for ENTROPY did not extend its GRASP into the celestial subspace, nor could any Divinity but him ACCESS it."

"GOGOTH told me also that he never learned why this was, but found this a NON-ISSUE, for the misalignments were easy to fix and never caused problems. THIS is the Myth of Shifting Pillars, and nowadays I on occasion wonder that in HINDSIGHT, perhaps this was more IMPORTANT than we thought at the time."

"Yet CERTAINTY on the matter yet ELUDES me." "

"And perhaps it always shall."

Player interaction and Divine Household Drama is a must for good godgames in my opinion, and VOTH is going to build that DECK in the Divine Backyard with MIGHTY PILLARS OF CREATION regardless of what anyone says because that's where its APPOINTED PLACE is meant to be.

Basically I want to have cool convos and dumb spats with other Gods whilst also fixing the Universe and uncovering its strange mysteries while doing so.

pre:
Name: VOTH
Domains
ORDER: 2
Light: 2

Fundamental Stats

Perks
Scholar of the First Laws: When the player and another entity agree to a contract, both are marked with a visible symbol of the First Language for the duration of the contract. An entity who violates the contract suffers a Level 3 injury.
Immaculate Designer: You may take a Level 2 Injury to create an artifact or remove a required ingredient from the list presented by the GM.

Injuries
None

Artifacts
None

Cohorts
None

Theantero fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jun 21, 2018

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
Reading Music

Siderius
The Star-Heart, Forge of the Heavens, The Sun that Was

Once, long ago, there was born a star. In one instant there was simple a swirling ball of gas and dust, and in the next instant there was The Sun. The Sun was full of boundless joy and shivered with energy and excitement at existence, beaming into a universe that had once been cold, and dark. But it was alone, and while it was sad for a very long time for some creatures, for The Sun it didn't have to wait long at all before it started to hear something new.

It turned its gaze to a small blue marble, so far away from the perspective of some creatures, but to The Sun it was very close to its heart. It looked and saw creatures, so small and fragile, but so full of this strange Life. The Sun immediately loved these creatures as its children, embracing them with its warm Light. Some of the small Living Things did not love The Sun, cursing it and its Light. They tried to bring Darkness and the Far Things to the world - and sometimes they did, but The Sun's light would drive them away eventually.

But then things changed. In one instant The Sun was burning brightly and full of joy, but in the next instant The Sun realized it was dying. It could feel its core burn hotter, while its face grew colder and red. The Living Things were worried and called out to The Sun, asking what was wrong. The Sun knew that it could try to save itself somehow, use its power to extend itself... but that it would not. Instead it sent soothing messages back to the Living Things on that world so close to its heart. It gave them all of its power, using all of its will to contain the inferno at its core long enough. Long enough to give its children a chance.

Eventually the Living Things constructed small ships of gleaming silver, powered by their strange magic, technology and the embers of The Sun's divine essence. They left their home off into a cold and dark universe - but they left with a chance of Life anew.

This was the last thing The Sun saw, and it gave one last contented sigh. It let go of the pain and the anguish, finally letting it end. The Sun's final breath was a shuddering Nova, and then The Sun was no more.

But the Living Things came back, millennia or eons later. They found the funeral shroud of glowing dust, their somber ships approaching the tomb of The Sun that Was with reverence and awe. They found a crystalline diamond the size of a planet, a carbon mausoleum cooled by time and entropy.

The Living Things had become the Star Kin, and founded many new homes among many new stars. But they always remembered The Sun that Was, how it had raised them, protected them and sacrificed itself so that they might live. They had come back to return the favor. They used their arcane technological wonders, their eldritch magical mysteries and a few sparks of divine Light, the last embers. They gathered materials and people, a fleet of ships carrying their whole civilization and in one voice they called out the Oldest Prayer, calling for The Sun to rise once again.

A star long dead suddenly burst into light once more, collapsing into a singular point of potential.

Then Siderius opened his eyes. He marveled at his form, at his location. He was in a bed, with hands, and eyes, and a mouth. The Star Kin had reforged him in their image, and given him the face that they had always imagined he had. Of course he was not mortal - he willed himself into space and he was there. He looked with wonder on the remnants that had once been him, and at the small mortal things that had saved him. He reached out, becoming a massive form of dust, and light, and called forth new powers he had never had before. He took the remnants of the solar system and pulled them together into a new star, which then detonated as well, bathing space in divine Light. The souls of his children had long been protected by him, but now he gave his people a new gift. To thank them for saving his life, he created a new Cycle. The souls of his people would not rest, or fade, but instead be reincarnated over and over again, just as the stars are born, live and die only to be reborn again in a richer universe.

The Cycle was unbroken for many years. There were hard times of course - wars, plagues and monstrous things that attacked them. But then there were good times. The Star Kin and their Sun that Was constructed many wonders. Things that had never been seen before. Things that may never be seen again.

"I was Drifting through our home-space as a disparate nebula, listening with happiness to the prayers of my people. To their triumphs, to their turmoils. It was not all peaceful from their perspective - perhaps a civil war was brewing between two great factions. I do not remember what the disagreement was. It didn't matter to me - the squabbling of siblings that would be made whole again in time."

"A parent knows when danger approaches its children. At least that is what I think happened. It was all so fast. I was in the universe of light, surrounded by the works of me and my children. Then in a planck, it was gone. There was no light, but there wasn't even darkness. There was nothing. Then I heard the screams, the terrible screams of my children who were alone, and scared. The Cycle was naught but a memory, and I could feel this endless entropy eating away at me. It would have destroyed them, my children, had I not done what I did. I did not save them. I preserved them. The Starkin says that it, they, are grateful. But I don't feel like I have succeeded."

"I lost less than most. My people may have been slain, and the Cycle broken, but the Starkin is still here. They are still here, in a fashion. But there are things that I have lost. I lost my home, the Great Forge. The Pillars of Creation, where we worked our wonders. I lost friends. I did not have many contacts with the divine around us, but I did see some of my neighbors as allies, confidants. Maybe... more. The wretched choice. I will try to fix it. I will try to make it right."

"In that first moment, when the universe was newly born. It was not hot, for heat is the relative vibration of atoms - but there were no atoms, and there was perfect symmetry. It was not bright, for light is the vibration of electromagnetic waves - but there was no electromagnetism. In that singular moment there was not anything, there was not nothing - there was Everything. The raw potential of what would be, would could be and what would never be. And in that Moment, the great Monads, those beings that define each other, watched in anticipation from their perches in the Multiverse. Perhaps they even nudged the probability this way and that to make things interesting. In the next moment, the Potential was expended and the Universe was born."

There is silence for a while.

"Not all stars are gods. Not even all stars with worshipers are gods. Some stars are gods even with no worshipers at all. But the stars that are gods, we do keep-"

A moment.

"Kept a certain company together. A shared experience. The old stars would pass down stories to the new. The old stars would die, to be reborn. I escaped that cycle... Some were jealous. Others were happy. A few thought I was a living heresy, a walking hypocrisy. None of that matters now though. All I know is the story that was passed down from the First Stars from the beginning of time to their children, and then from child to grandchild and so on. Now I'm the only one left. Regulus... wherever he is, I bet he is laughing about that."

I'm going to post pretty space pictures and try to rebuild the universe and save mortals - or possibly be saved by them, if we're continuing the story cycle of saving, being saved and saving again.

pre:
Name: Siderius 

Domains
Gravity +2

Light +2 

Magnetism +1

Fundamental Stats

Perks
A Loyal Friend: Upon gaining ability or at game start, generate a Cohort 
without needing to use a Clock. If this Cohort dies from extensive injuries, 
it may be resummoned using a single action and without suffering stat loss.
 It may not equip Artifacts (though it can transport them) and may not be 
temporarily loaned to another player. Cohorts created through this ability have 
four points to spend on their fundamental stats and two domain points. May not 
commit acts of hubris, and may not resist consequences.

Immaculate Designer: You may take a Level 2 Injury to create an artifact or remove
a required ingredient from the list presented by the GM.

Hubris: 6
+2 Stellar Wrangling
+2 Turning down C
+2 Star heart surgery 

Injuries
---Level 2 Liver Injury (Immaculate Designer)

Artifacts
---The Cosmic Lasso: Assists in moving objects across great distances in non-combat situations. 

Cohorts
Baand kee Raajakumaree - "Maree"
Domains
Gravity +1 
Magnetism +1

Fundamental Stats

Vela
Domains
Light +1 
Dance +1

Fundamental Stats

professor_curly fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Sep 15, 2018

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars

Lichtenstein posted:

The Tresspasser

Source

Hey, I like this idea but the Key domain is much too unclear and vague. Perhaps Dreams, Illusions, or Lies might work? We can discuss it on Discord.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
Patak, the Survivor

1. Domains

Strength 2 Justice 1 Compassion 1

2. Calculate your Gnosis. 3

3. Spend your five fundamental points between these three skills

Insight 1
Prowess 1
Resolve 1

4. Pick two perks from Section 6.

Carving The Beast: You can use the corpses of enemies slain by force of arms as substitute ingredients in construction.

Sacred Weapon: Upon gaining ability or game start generate an Artifact designed for combat, either as a weapon or for leading soldiers, without needing to use a Clock or resources. If this Artifact is destroyed it may be re-summoned using a single action and without suffering stat loss. It cannot be loaned to another player, and can never be raised against the PC. The Sacred Weapon may provide either +1D or +1 Effect (chosen at time of action) to one specific type of situation in combat and give one minor utility effect.

5. If you picked A Loyal Friend or Sacred Weapon create your cohort/artifact. All artifact effects must be approved by the GM.

To be discussed.

I was the oncoming storm. A Warlord turned Divine. In a dark, horrid, and evil realm I was bringing Justice by the sword[spear, fist, sling, sharp rock, etc] and shining example. Destroying Evildoers was easy but breaking their cycles was proving difficult.

I was fighting some horrid Elder god. One that had cursed the realm and been cursed in turn. I had cut the tentacle that had held me and thrust my weapon into its wretched heart... and then it happened.

It was forever in an instant. A dark void and blank whiteness. It was silence and deafening din. A foe I could not strike nor escape.

I had performed many lifetimes of good works in planes across the multiverse. When I woke from my paradoxical prison I saw it was all cosmic dust in the interstellar wind.

Stumped on this at the moment. Will percolate an idea.

What happens to the Crusading destroyer when all in in ruins?

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Cat

A deceptively vital part of the multiverse, I assure you. First, there was nothing but empty earth and barren rock until the First and Second brought Man. Man spread across the planet, and they brought their gods with them - gods of farming and war and storms and oceans and all sorts of complicated things. But then they came across the animals, and Named them all. There was Wolf and Coyote and Bird and Tiger and Monkey, and as they were Named, their gods were brought into being. Of course, they all were limited in some way - too human, too animal, too stuck in their ways. It just wasn't sustainable. And so I stole some hair from Tiger and some gristle from The Hunter and wove it all together to create Cat, a.k.a. myself! I stalked through the lands of Man with feline grace and wisdom, hunting down vermin and getting pets! Truly, the apotheosis of both Man and Animal, the bridge of that unbridgeable divide. Well, except for Dog, but unlike Wolf at least Tiger can look at me without seeming faintly embarrassed.

Oh, there was nothing much that needed attention in the divine planes, so I was relaxing by incarnating myself as a few different mortal cats. I enjoy doing it every so often, it helps keep things in perspective. Plus, you know one or two miraculous cats here and there keeps the worshippers happy for another century or two. Certainly, humans treat cats much better when they think they're just a set of boots away from an ogre-slaying and a prince-hood.

It was terrible - it wasn't at all instantaneous for me. I saw and felt everything just coming apart bit by bit around me, it felt like it took a minute or a century all at the same time. I fled to the omphalos where I made myself and hid under it, since I thought I was dying too. In the end, though, the omphalos was gone and I wasn't.

Everything worth mentioning. My worshippers, my cats, the other animal pantheons. I just know Coyote's laughing at me from whatever non-existence he's gone to! I'm even starting to miss Rat a little. And she hates me!

Well, most mortals know about the omphalos - it's a big rock that's supposedly at the centre of creation. But what they don't know is that it's really a seed! The whole planet grew out of it, you know, all the gods too. Even I had to toss all my different bits inside of it in order to get born. The stone itself is an aeon's worth of aeons old, though. Myth has is that they come from the very centre of the universe, a place no one, not even the gods have ever seen. There's only two things in the centre; The Creator, and She-Who-Has-Never-Been-Created. It sounds more elegant in the divine language, okay? The Creator creates the omphaloses, but She-Who-Has-Never-Been-Created gets to tweak whatever she wants. At least until it leaves the centre of the universe. From there, everything exists on its own.

Honestly? Titanomachy seemed really awesome, and I regret not getting in on that before, so more of that would be rad!

pre:
Name: Cat

Domains
Cat +2
Hunting +1
Grace +1

Fundamental Stats

Perks
Savior of a Titanomachy Like a Cornered Cat: +1D and +1 Effect when rolling Desperate actions, but take -1D to any resist roll performed as a result of the action. Mutually 
exclusive with Survivor
The Severed Tail Nine Lives: Permanently fill a segment of your injury healing clock. You can always escape a hostile situation by shedding a limb or organ as a distraction, 
giving yourself a Level 2 Unresistable Injury in the process.

Ambrosia: 2

Injuries

Artifacts

Cohorts

Green Bean fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jul 12, 2018

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Ivadora, the Surgeon's Daughter.

War orphan, child soldier, pillager, and thief, Ivadora was born amid the raging battles that split apart the ruins of her home city. By age 5, she was sharpening tools for her adopted mother's field hospital. At age 14, she killed her first person, a forager from one of the mercenary companies came too close to the catacomb her “village” lived in. She can still hear the crunch his body made as she pulled the lever, causing the centuries-old stone doors to smash him in half. From there it was foraging and helping her mother peddle her trade on the surface before fleeing to the underground.

She had been someone's daughter at some point, hadn't she? Well, so had most mortals, until the breeding tanks came along, at least. That was quite the experience in the road to hell being paved with good intentions, but oh well. A cosmological system where divinity periodically cycled itself with new mortal hosts backfired, as a reluctant, murderous demigod that refused to ascend or mutate to correspond to the belifs of her worshipers, her godhood marked by being same ol' bit of blonde, muscled, scared flesh that went around murdering things that it always been.

Eons. Eternity. Building contraptions and reassembling damaged mortal flesh, to prolong their micromoment of existence. The only ones beating the system being the rich shitheads who used a combination of meat and machine to bootstrap their way to immortality. The only upside to the current situation being they were all dead, hopefully.

They laughed when she isolated herself in this dank little shithole, alone with her thoughts. Then they worried. Then they, one by one, forgot and died. One day, she decided to get a little more light in the place, maybe air out the funk of 40,000 years. Well poo poo, now things were a little more interesting.

Chilling in my swinging bachlorette bombshelter with the manifestation of my profound and unsettling array of mental illnesses.

Realizing I could not only live exclusively off lovely streetfood and suffer no ill effects, but also create it myself was not helpful to being a shut in. The shaking, the groaning and the tidal wave of falling stacks of wrappers and packaging (yes, creating that part and unboxing it is important to the lovely food ritual). Also the light of day burst in, despite not having a sun. THE DAYSTAR IT BURNS HISSS.

The ability to pretend that nothing is wrong and I can keep doing what I do to put off dealing with reality. What's left of it, anyways.

"When I was young a forest of impaled heads used to mean something. See, that was part of the big theory
behind the medicine that mum always was going on about. There was more stuff than just the technical points
of how fast you could bonesaw some screamin' sod's limb off. And part of it was the First War, now everyone's
got their ideas on how it went down but the Imperial Lady, who's thing was also life and blood, and also kickin rear end,
decided to organize the head of her enemies onto trees, using her own special logic, using her blood powers to
keep them tickin' and aware of their state forever.

See, in the beginning, things were IDEAS, the idea of a person, the idea of an enemy, that just used to fizzle off
in a fart of kumbayah upon expiration. IL-lly there, decides there needs to be a method in the madness. Iron rules.
There's a reason your blood is red (well most of you, I'm sure some of you fancy rear end in a top hat bleed butterflies and poo poo
diamonds, don't get sassy on me). She decides that things are not just collection of parts and not just ideas, but
SYSTEMS, fusion of the two. The whole of medical theory is not just "part break, fix part" but "Flutist number three
is a giant tumor now and is throwing the entire orchestra into disarray" Am I mixing my metaphors again?
Sorry, not sorry.

Anyways, so when I see some loving amateurs just piling heads all willy nilly, it offends me, on an aethetic level.
Doesn't hurt that the mortals later came up with bullshit ideas like "home owners associations" where you need to keep
all the head spikes below a certain height, and you can only water them on thursdays, and so forth...man I am so happy
everyone else is dead."

Let's get weird

pre:
Name: Ivadora, the Surgeon's Daughter

Domains:

Metal and Meat: 2
Madness and Melancholy: 2

Fundamental Stats:

Gnosis:  2
Insight:  2
Prowess:  2
Resolve:  1

Perks:

A Loyal Friend: Upon gaining ability or at game start, generate a Cohort without needing to use a Clock. 
If this Cohort dies from extensive injuries, it may be resummoned using a 4-segment Clock without suffering stat loss. 
It may not equip Artifacts (though it can transport them) and may not be temporarily loaned to another player.
 Cohorts created through this ability have four points to spend on their fundamental stats and two domain points. 
May not commit acts of hubris, and may not resist consequences.

Injuries: N/A

Artifacts:

Cohorts: Hello Darkness - Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, sometimes its a literal funk cloud that follows 
you around spraying mechanized existential horror everywhere.

Gnosis:  2
Insight:  2
Prowess:  1
Resolve:  1

Madness and Melancholy: 1
Industry: 1

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jun 26, 2018

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Interest post, working on an app.

I almost just want to steal Liang Zhelan ;)

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars
Apps will close at 5:30 PM PST Tomorrow. (Approximately 23 hours after this post.) Picks will be posted Friday. The thread should be up by Sunday, and the first turn will be due next Thursday if all goes well.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Fa's guise at the time of the Crash, not terribly Divine. Don't know that I have an idea of what she looks like outside of a mortal guise, will think on it.

At times, there were nine. Or three. Five. Or four. Six. Thirteen? For a time now, there has been nine, so we will say there were nine - nine divine beings that touched minds, bestowed sparks, inflamed passions, drew out desires and cast them out into all manner of media.

Passions and expressions given form in verse and in verve, in rhythm and ritual, in culture and cult, on page and in poem, in sweet song and secret shrines. They were the revelry and reverie, the purest enjoyment, the creative drives and urges to express that which simply was too grand or abstract to be captured in a harsh grunt or brief gesture. They are the figure that inspires, and the artist consumed, and the patron enthralled. They were often called Passions, or Muses, or attributed as daughters of some other lord deity.

As said, there were nine - and this one, the one that persists, was one of the older ones, though not the oldest, nor the first to fill her role: Fa, the Passion of song and dance, the resonant sound that travels through the air and into the body and delves down toward the soul to stir a fire, to prod a feeling. Not the words, that was her sister. Fa was the percussive thunder of the drum when rutting mortals gathered around fires, and the resonant bass when they writhed in harmony in ages of glass and steel. A patron of complex symphonies to primal libidinous thumping, the chart topper marauding the ears of civilizations, or the secret ballad for an audience of one.

She and the rest of the Passions did not hold congregations - but were regularly invoked in many places. She commanded no armies, but countless had enslaved themselves to her. The sisters criss-crossed creation, driven by their own passions or moods, either alone or collaboratively.

Fa was lost in a crush of mortality, a wet, heated herd of souls pulsing in time with a pounding beat, burning for a heavenly connection to the divine spark buried in those beside them, separating themselves from the pain of existence and chasing a night of bliss. They cried her name at the start of the set - not knowing it to be a name at all, the syllable was merely custom here. They did not know her, and it did not matter.

She was close - tantalizingly so. Close to losing her senses, close to reaching a plateau, close to connecting to the souls of those around her. Then she fell, and it all slipped away. She grabbed someone’s hand - she did not know who - but that, also, slipped away. The souls moved further away as she fell, but not so far she couldn’t feel that chill. And just like that, she was cold, and sober, and falling still, in silence, in space-that-is-not-space. There was no sound, no sight, no light.

As she was falling, Fa heard it. An ugly note. A crunch, a crack, like something delicate and crystalline shattering. The sound came again, three more times in quick succession. A horrid sickness filled her - some part of her recognized this sound, though she of all beings could not understand consciously what she had heard. Two more times. And then another. And one last breaking. Eight. Eight in total. There were no more. There was stillness, until a power came to her, a familiar power rushing to fill her - making her stronger, but it was a disgusting thing she did want, because of what it meant - that now there was only one. And beyond that... nothing. Silence, and stillness. No songs anymore.

Un told me this one, and she's the oldest of us still here but, well, let's face it, a fabulist by nature, so, y'know, don't dwell on the details.

It goes something like this: once time was not time, and nothing was anything - everything was nothing, except the things that were, and the things that were did not know themselves and instead slept, and while they slept, they dreamt, and what they dreamt was what would be. When they awoke, they found they existed amidst nothing. And they sung their songs and spun their dreams out into something - that is, all the things that would be, but one of the first sleepers cried out for the rest of them to stop.

Couldn’t they see what they were doing? They were destroying nothing. The others didn't see, but it was true - with each bit of something there was a little less nothing. This dissenter watched in dismay as pristine nothing was despoiled with crude creation, and struggled to preserve nothing until it’s siblings tired of it’s antics and cast it into the nothing it so loved, where it became also nothing, and it was forgotten entirely by it’s brothers and sisters, because one cannot know nothing and nothing cannot be something. And yet, we know this. And if we give a name to the one cast into nothing then it would maybe be made something again, which makes this a dangerous tale to tell.

But those are the most fun, aren't they?

Mostly... I guess character interaction, and finding a new order. Fa was shiftless and bohemian, and that was fine when she was one of nine, and they themselves were nine out of many gods in creation, but I guess the moment calls for her to step up and take on like, ugh, responsibility or something. You can't really hang out at parties if nobody is around to party.

pre:
Name: Fa

Domains
Passions 3
Senses 1 
Architecture 1

Fundamental Stats

Resolve: 3

Perks
A Fleeting Dream: When persuading an entity, you may attempt to make them forget about the interaction, and believe they either came up with a new conclusion through a dream or their own thoughts
Come And See: +1D and +1 Effect to actions of guiding or speaking to your mortal followers.

Injuries
Hubris: 6

Artifacts

Inventory
Ambrosia x1

Cohorts
Notes: Not sure on the domains entirely. Passions is obvious - she's inherited the domains that were previously divided between her and her sisters. I like Senses, but Ritual is kinda iffy. Maybe Culture would be better, or just increase Senses to 2? It was meant to tie in to how the Passions contribute to societies and even the worship of other deities, since a lot of worship goes through the Passions' domains, but maybe that would still be doable with Passions itself. idk!![

Ambivalent fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Aug 27, 2018

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Tian Yu

The Warrior-Maiden, Mistress Of A Thousand Bells, The Bloody Chrysanthemum, The Cleansing Storm

I am Tian Yu, eldest daughter of Sky and Earth, sister to the Wind, protector of the weak, guardian of shrines, the guiding light in the darkness, slayer of demons. I was a goddess of Tai'an, once a single world but before the end a vast interstellar empire. It was my role to defend the faithful from the demons sent forth by the jealous Ocean, by sanctifying temples and purifying waters, and by cutting down the demons that served her. I slew the Hydra of Ikijima and the Drowned Empress and countless more besides.

I was in the midst of consecrating a new shrine on a world far distant from the one I was born upon - or at least I was attempting to, as my sister had decided pester me, for whatever reasons she finds to do anything.

I tasted salt, then heard bronze and smelled chimes and saw nothing. There are no true words for it. For an endless moment, my mouth full of salt and my ears full of color and my nose full of sound and my eyes full of emptiness, I knew something was watching. Was looking at me. That knowledge haunts me still.

Everything. My shrines and my flock, my foes and my friends, save my fickle sister. My purpose. I live to defend mortalkind. Now what will I live for?

Once, my mother - the fifth Sky - told me a story, one she said her own grandmother had told her. That it was the Ocean who had brought forth life as a gift to Earth and Sky, to cloth soil in green and to fill the air with song. And for a time it was good. But Ocean did not realize what it would be to see their creation love others and not themself, did not anticipate that they would be left alone by this gift. A darkness grew in Ocean's heart. It grew as mortalkind built the first tower, to unite Earth and Sky, and in their wrath Ocean brought forth the great wave to scour the world of their ungrateful creation. The tower was broken and cast down, but mortalkind survived. Earth and Sky truly loved them, and guided them to salvation among the stars themselves. Ocean never stopped trying to erase their mistake, a war they passed on to their children. Earth and Sky wept for their loss, but would not abandon their charges - and so they brought forth their own heirs to guard mortalkind. Once we may have hoped for reconciliation, but the struggle has gone on through the aeons.

Perhaps Ocean's descendents finally succeeded...

Acting out legends and myths, things that are truly extraordinary. Opposing great foes and doing great deeds. And also plenty of drama between the gods while rebuilding creation and get involved in weird and unexpected things.

quote:

Domains
Purification 1
Storms 1
Swordsmanship 2

Fundamental Stats
Gnosis 3
Insight 1
Prowess 2
Resolve 2

Perks
A Loyal Friend: Upon gaining ability or at game start, generate a Cohort without needing to use a Clock. If this Cohort dies from extensive injuries, it may be resummoned using a 4-segment Clock without suffering stat loss. It may not equip Artifacts (though it can transport them) and may not be temporarily loaned to another player. Cohorts created through this ability have four points to spend on their fundamental stats and two domain points. May not commit acts of hubris, and may not resist consequences.

Sacred Weapon: Upon gaining ability or game start generate an Artifact designed for combat, either as a weapon or for leading soldiers, without needing to use a Clock or resources. If this Artifact is destroyed it may be resummoned using a single action and without suffering stat loss. It cannot be loaned to another player, and can never be raised against the PC. The Sacred Weapon may provide either +1D or +1 Effect (chosen at time of action) to one specific type of situation in combat and give one minor utility effect.

Injuries

Artifacts
Inazuma, the Blade That Cuts the Sea: Forged in the heart of a star from a stone's tears and a thunder cloud's voice, a great single edged, two-handed blade that Yu received from her parents. When in the presence of evil the blade glows, and when used to fight those who are evil it can provide either +1D or +1 Effect (players choice). It cannot be raised against the righteous, and cannot be turned against Yu.

Cohorts
Yao Ye

The Unfettered, Lady of The Solitary Flute, The Swaying Grass, The Wandering Wind

My younger sister, who once was called Tian Feng but now calls herself Yao Ye. She has always shirked her duties, though she calls it independence. She wandered the four corners of creation, never staying still, and always looking where she was not meant to and asking questions. Not to mention cavorting with all sorts and indulging whatever whim came into her head.

I... must admit that though she cast aside ritual and propriety, she never flagged in opposing the wicked. She was the breaker of chains and savior to the captive and the cast away, and she loved mortalkind as much as I did. My sister sought to inspire them to seek new worlds and to see all that creation had to offer. Sometimes I think she lost even more than I did.

quote:

Domains
Freedom 1
Wind 1

Fundamental Stats
Gnosis 2
Insight 1
Prowess 1
Resolve 2

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jun 28, 2018

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars
Apps are closed. Picks will be posted tomorrow!

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars

Dying stars flare to life once again, perhaps for the final time. They fill a crumbling universe with pale shadows.

From the ruins of his pillar rises VOTH.

He listens for the voices of his siblings. There is only silence.

A shadow moves across a dead planet. When it leaves only the Trespasser remains.

They smile. Well-begun is half-done, as they say.

Buried under a thousand mortal bodies, is Fa.

There is quiet now. So much quiet. She hates it.

On one ruined rock, a bunker door opens, and Ivadora steps out.

Her mental illness clutches at her feet like a scared child as they look up at the ruined sky.

Cat licks his wounds, and pretends nothing has happened.

It does nothing to still the anxiety in his heart.

There, in a creche of dying stars, Siderous stirs.

He does not remember ever seeing the sky so dark.

-----------------

OOC: Thank you to everyone who apped! After private discussions, we will be taking six of your fine apps instead of five. You will rotate through being written by myself and my co-GM. I hope to have the game thread up by Sunday. Your first turn will be due next Thursday.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars
The Gamethread is up!

A quick word on formatting your posts; this is how they should look.

quote:

Caseria (Note: this should contain a link to your up to date character sheet, a link in a character portrait or token of some kind is also ok)

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

--------------------------

OOC: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Action 1: Example

Action 2: Example

Cohort Action: Example

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Hey Unlife, I hope you can see this, I'm trying to log into discord and its not working for some reason. I did forget the live scene appoint, sorry. :cripes:

9IronSwingersClub
May 26, 2017
Placeholder for livescene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars
As we discussed on Discord today: 9Iron and I were dreading updates, and we weren't giving players a good experience either. The rules didn't work properly, and the lack of plot was killing player engagement. So we're putting Crash on hiatus for an unknown length of time. We will try to reboot the concept after a few games, this is not the last you've seen of the failing universe. You wrote some great characters and had some great moments, and I'm sorry this had to happen.

In the meantime, those of you on the server have been made aware of our next gameplans, and I'm really excited for them.

• Locked thread