Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
I think I've played through this game start to finish with fresh saves like four times now, I really love it. The intro really sets you up for a great time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Xander77 posted:

The problem is less with "gets up like the Undertaker" and more with "from owning". Obviously.

Nah it's fine, referring to the act of getting owned as an "owning" is a cromulent usage.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

The Judgement Ring is such a good system and I love how it opens up the game to all sorts of possibilities in terms of gameplay. It is so well thought out! I love it.

Also Rude Hero isn't just a moniker for our strange youth, it's also his motto and his rule.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

I still have the soundtracks to all the Shadow Hearts games on multiple storage devices so I never lose them and bring them with me no matter what.

Mazed posted:

I know this is a JRPG, so local bias and all, but are we really supposed to think of a dude who offs a bunch of Imperial Japan soldiers as a baddie? :v:

They weren't adversaries, they were little bumps in the road Roger forgot about immediately after passing over them.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Yuri is pretty bad at first impressions, and the second ones aren't much better.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Malice build up never really bothered me, I'd just clear it whenever I hit a save point and not see it again for ages. Maybe I'm too forgiving of the bad things the game does because the rest of it brings me so much joy.

DLord posted:

You think it would be more important that Alice can hear the voice in Yuri head. Something is up with that.

Sometimes it's better to shelve the questions you can't answer and focus on the important things like finding shelter. When you think about it there's already a good number of questions they need to ponder on when they get the chance, but getting the chance comes after getting to town and getting their bearings. It's been a rough enough night already, the two could use some proper rest.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Who What Now posted:

I can't believe nobody has pointed out that Yuri's fighting stance is to put his fists up like he's pretending to be a kitty cat.

It's Meow Thai

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

I never used an FAQ to know where everything on the ground is, I just rubbed my face on every part of a map and drat the random battles. This practice did not change my entire run and I ended up very nicely levelled up by the end.

This village and its transition into what you see in the last screencap is really what hooked me on this game. It's the perfect amount of unsettling transitioning into hosed up to make you realise this game will be pulling no punches in trying to make you uncomfortable.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

I'd assume the reason why momma cat doesn't flee when you smoke her out is mostly because the ultra-potent cat-nip is disorienting her enough she can't really pull off a teleport. I really liked the story of this village, it's one of those nice little messed up horror stories that sounds like genuine folklore.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

I so very much love that sequence where they're just dunking on the villain and he loses his cool. He probably had some great lines prepared but the banter was relentless.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

God, I love that sequence.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

GimmickMan posted:

So we have "prototypes" and "customs" of the spirits from the prologue and they're suspiciously much, much stronger than the real thing. Are we sure the monsters in this game are not tiny Gundams in disguise?

The sneaky genre awareness is part of why I love this game series.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Nohman posted:

I hope Roger Bacon keeps just appearing randomly to own Yuri out of nowhere and leaves without saying anything.

A gentleman can be made to wait only so long before he destroys your temple seal, slaps your protagonist, and runs off with your mid-boss.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

I feel like the whole Kowloon sidequest thing would have made more sense if you were going there for the key to the tower, as opposed to the Japanese Army having it. Maybe there was a story revision at some point after all the awesome stuff had already been made? I don't really know I'm 100% speculating.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

The "demon" versus "god" thing is probably the best we'll get as a theory. It's a weird point of importance since the game never explains the baseline of it but hey, can't deny the results! When the "normal" one happened Shanghai didn't get leveled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Torpor the mornin' to you too, Keith.

My favourite character in the game, I love that he just hums nonchalantly while (I'm assuming) summoning his familiars to do his bidding. They're probably excited to be called on to do something other than light the castle torches and dust the throne.