Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I was gonna have the SI second screen on but they are doing like a nike jerk off thing even though the draft has started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Ugh, Chauncey.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
OKay ESPN 2 for sure.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The Suns

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Doncic did a non-lame-white-dude handshake. Star confirmed.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Tae posted:

Um....okay

Who do you think they should've drafted?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

Is bagley bad?

I wouldn't say he's bad and he has a lot of athleticism so someone could always mold him into something else but I don't like his chance to contribute to a good team as-is.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
JJ is cool.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Rob Sarver is an Arizona homer

Why is Dallas still on the clock?

Acting like you need to be a homer to pick Ayton first is really silly and Sarver has passed on plenty of Arizona players even when they would've been okay to pick (his thing is undersized shooting guards that he wants the Suns to turn to PGs)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I like Carter more than Bagley.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

Aaron Gordon SF?? Yuck

Morally, the Magic should let Gordon go.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

MourningView posted:

He's slow but he's really skilled and at least tries on D. Doesn't blow me away but he's a good pick at 7

I've seen some miracles in increasing speed in the past 5 years or so.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Dexo posted:

I love how Woj is getting around this poo poo

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1009952872333742080

First reach.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Whoa

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I didn't scout Sexton enough to have a strong opinion on him but he kind of reminds me of a young Derek Fisher.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

Stop trying to focus on these fans. Also, gently caress knick fans. Who did you want?

It's a bad ESPN meme that they can't get away from.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1009958017855520769

feel like the spurs should take this trade if kawhi is gone

I feel like you're the tip of the spear on how stupid Spurs fans are when it comes to the Lakers because this is way worse than any package the Lakers could offer.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

lmao

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

lol

helping the lakers is verboten

Man look at how often the Lakers and Celtics have made trades with each other. You can be rivals and not cut off your nose to spite your face.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I think MIles Bridges ended up going almost exactly around where he would've gone if he came out last year.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
People I Like like Jerome Robinson.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

AggressivelyStupid posted:

thats pretty serious rick, does he like like you back?

lmao

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
On the SI show, the guy sitting next to Ben tried really hard to explain why Michael Porter Jr. would not get along well with Greg Popvich but Ben totally didn't get it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

euphronius posted:

gently caress I should be watching t hat

Is it YouTube ?

It's on Twitter.

I've been enjoying it so far, I don't know if it's for everyone but since I'm already a fan, I'm in.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

Is MPJ a chud or something?

Yeah

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I would've probably picked Porter if I was Denver too, they're stacked enough to afford the risk.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

the mean lunch lady posted:

Where did this come from? I literally never heard that until someone said it in the draft thread.

You know what, all I can find is a bunch of people saying he's a Trump guy, I can't find him saying it in his own words anywhere.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

JesusSinfulHands posted:

just tuned to watch rohan nadkani suggest an otto porter for tony snell and eric bledsoe trade...yikes

They're trying to wind up Sharp to melt down over the Wizards.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

That's promising.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Live Woj hit piece.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Everyone should watch the SI video piece on Ayton.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lmao the Suns called Donte and told him they were picking him and then did that trade anyway. Contract the Suns.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

straight up brolic posted:

Considering not being a clippers fan anymore how did we gently caress that up so badly

I believe in Jerry West. These guys are actually good or this is part of stealing Kawhi.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So Porter, Jr. would likely be top 5 if his back wasn't an issue, correct?

He was considered a tier above everyone in this class out of high school. If it wasn't for the college rule he would've went #1.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I like Lonnie Walker's athleticism a lot. This is the best athlete the Spurs have had in a while if he ends there. Although they just said on the SI thing that he's slightly pro Hitler and the Earth is flat so maybe this pick is being traded.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

leftist heap posted:

i still don't know how to pronounce Doncic and at this point i'm afraid to ask

Me either and I've said it outloud a million times a million different ways.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

MourningView posted:

I dunno about Hitler but he's definitely that Kyrie strain of just asking questions fake deepness

He thinks Hitler was a "great and powerful leader" which I guess is technically true. And he faked his death. But yeah it's probably this fake deep bullshit. The Dpimpjedi of basketball.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I was gonna laugh at Red Mamba but man these highlights really do look like a Kobe package.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Man Dragan Bender killed European prospects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Uh-oh MV

• Locked thread