Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I'd imagine it's probably a sort of mixed feeling for the game designer. On the one hand, you have these people who are exposing every single flaw and unintended interaction in your game and that's probably at least a little embarrassing. On the other hand, holy poo poo that guy has spent 5,000 hours playing SotN, which means you've made a game somebody's willing to devote 5,000 hours to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

That sort of thing's going to depend on the designer and their personality. I can see perfectionist designers, for example, reacting badly, but I think it's safe to assume that if he was going to do that he wouldn't have agreed to the video.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
There's a video where the leads at Double Fine watch a speedrun and provide some commentary on the glitches as it goes.

There are also various Nintendo titles where the re-releases patched out some of the glitches speedrunners had discovered.

Reactions pretty literally span the entire spectrum.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

"the sky is blue."

*Rubs up against a wall while swapping shields and weapons until +var appears in your helmet slot*

Sure, now it's 254 more blue than before. Also my hat is the entire 200.6% of the castle. The only thing that can kill me is myself if I wear the rig of cards on accessory slot 2

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

FeyerbrandX posted:

"the sky is blue."

*Rubs up against a wall while swapping shields and weapons until +var appears in your helmet slot*

Sure, now it's 254 more blue than before. Also my hat is the entire 200.6% of the castle. The only thing that can kill me is myself if I wear the rig of cards on accessory slot 2

Two paths diverged in a forest, and I have travelled both at least 2,000 plus times so I can say for certain which one is shorter if you’ve drained enough blood with your demon sword

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Hi again everyone! I've done a little work on the OP and changed the links to the first 10 episodes to be image based. Downside is my bad wisecracks about the events of the game are gone.

Is this formatting preferable for you as I'll see to continue it into future LPs if so.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Natural 20 posted:

Downside is my bad wisecracks about the events of the game are gone.
Why

why would you do that

bring them back

(And if you're talking about the pics in the OP, straight downgrade imo. Too big (I'd make them about the size of the "Episodes" pic or not much bigger), not separated so they blend together, very visibly filtered background clashing with crisp text)

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Sep 23, 2018

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

If the compression/upscaling in the image links is in the videos, definitely stick with text links. Otherwise I'd suggest upscaling to even multiples of 100% and using the Bilinear/Nearest Neighbor filters.

I agree that the image links are too tall; they should be no taller than the "episodes" image. Length is fine; you're not breaking tables or anything. Also definitely space them out a bit; one line should do the trick.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
I think the short description is nice, can be funny and if someone would ever want to look for "the episode where he does this", it's easier like that. So like:

In which Nat 20 discovers that it's Jigglypuff from above!

Should work out, and space the images as well.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Simply Simon posted:

In which Nat 20 discovers that it's Jigglypuff from above!
I'd have missed that subtitle. It'd be much better in the pic, as a smaller white text below the main one.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
And then I realised one of my closest friends studied photography at university.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Hi Everyone! Just a friendly poke as I lock up the thread.

Tea and I have started our next LP, Mega Man 11 here

Thanks very much for watching and hopefully you'll see this on the archive very soon.

• Locked thread