Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seeric
Aug 18, 2011
This second video made me realize that the best and/or most agonizing part of this whole blind LP is going to be how atrociously bad SOTN tends to be at marking the entrances to save rooms and boss fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seeric
Aug 18, 2011
I don't think I've ever felt as anxious while playing a Castlevania game as I did while watching the entirety of that library section; this whole run is going to be amazing. At least the map makes it a little easier to figure out which rooms might be save points.

Seeric
Aug 18, 2011
The sheer degree to which you can put off going to an area in this game is making me realize how truly nonlinear SotN is compared to most other Metroidvanias, even most (all?) of the later Castlevania entries themselves. Sure, Metroidvanias have side areas and secrets, but usually the path for collecting major upgrades is a cleverly obscured, yet nonetheless straight, line. The only other game in this style that I can think of that's intentionally this nonlinear with its main progression path is Hollow Knight, though there are probably at least a few others that I'm forgetting or simply don't know about.

• Locked thread