Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Damanation
Apr 16, 2018

Congratulations!

I vote for The Sunshine State.

Easy access to low to non risk jobs seems hard to pass up

As for a character, I'm having a hard time deciding between a techie guy to help build stuff, and a front line soldier type

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damanation
Apr 16, 2018

Congratulations!

I haven't really played GURPS before, but it seems interesting!

Characer Bio:
Sammy, codenamed "Glaedwine," was part of a commando unit for the US during the war. However, during a key operation, his unit encountered an unknown group that offered strong resistance. Glaedwine botched the setting of an explosive, and as a result, the unknown enemy annihilated his squad. Glaedwine was the only one to return, but was disgraced, and removed from duty. Hoping to get a decent payday, and maybe find that enemy group and avenge his comrades, Glaedwine sets out to be a mercenary.

(Since we have a lot of people with a good spread of technical skills, I tried making a more combat focused guy. Also, I have a soft spot for combat, especially melee.)
code:
Name: Peter “Glaedwine” Johnson
Player: damanation

Primary Stats: 110pts
ST: 13 30
DX: 13 60
IQ: 10 00
HT: 12 20

Secondary Stats:
HP
Will
FP
Basic Speed
Basic Move

Image and Looks:
Appearance Average

Social Background: -10 Pts
TL 7 (Atomic) 00
Language (English Native Literate)
Wealth: Struggling -10
Reputation 0
Status 0

Advantages: 83 pts
Combat Reflexes 15
Daredevil 15
Enhanced Dodge 15
Fearlessness 2 04
Flexibility 05
High Pain Threshold 10
Night Vision 4 4
Perfect Balance 15

Disadvantages: -35 pts
Code of Honor (Mercenary) -5
Obsession: Destruction of unknown organization -10
Overconfidence -5
Sense of Duty (The Company) -5
Unluckiness -10

Skills: 52pts
Climbing DX+1 04
Explosives/TL IQ+1 04
Jumping DX+2 04
Karate DX+1 08
Melee Weapon – Two Handed Sword DX +2 08
Missile Weapon Gunner (Cannon) DX + 2 04
Missile Weapon Gunner (Machine Gun) DX+2 04
Missile Weapon Guns (LAW) DX+2 04
Missile Weapon Guns (Rifle) DX+3 08
Stealth DX+0 02
Vehicle Skills (Car) DX+0 02

Damanation
Apr 16, 2018

Congratulations!

Glaedwine
I was hoping for nice sunshine, a good sea breeze and the occasional shower. Not endless smog, and no stars at night. But if thats where the company is, that is where I am. I pack up what little I have:an old photo of my former squad and some mementos from ops I probably shouldn't have kept. Not to mention a patch from that unknown enemy squad, not that anyone has been able to identify it. With that done, I try to find the largest group of fellow soldiers to party the night with. Best to celebrate at the beginning, who knows what the future holds. I had been searching for a new home, and hopefully the The Goon Squad will be it. Maybe do some arm wrestling for fun while out.

OOC:If Reginald was hanging out with other people from the company, I would probably be there, and step in to help

Damanation
Apr 16, 2018

Congratulations!

Glaedwine
"I'm not much of a flyboy myself. I was more of a ground operator, but I'm a better shot with weapons than most. I could man a tail gun or something similar if I had to. But wouldn't it be expensive? Not to mention we would need ground crews to protect any forward air bases.

I agree with Grunn on the workshop. The better we take care of our arsenal, the safer we are. And if he really can whip up something special, well our targets won't be able to expect it.

What I think we will need is an information center of some kind. Intel is key, and if we can break enemy communications and ciphers, the better we can plan."

Edit: Guess I was a little too late.

"Man there really is nothing out here. At least we have plenty of room to expand I suppose. Doesn't seem very defensible, not that we plan to fight here."

Damanation fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jun 25, 2018

Damanation
Apr 16, 2018

Congratulations!

Are the prices for the real runway and the full dock supposed to be that high? I guess they will have to be pipedreams for the moment since they cost more than our entire budget currently.

Damanation
Apr 16, 2018

Congratulations!

Glaedwine
"I agree with Grunn on the two-story barracks. Build it once, we never need to worry about building housing or a mess hall again."

"With plans to have an airforce, the dirt runway is clearly non-negotiable, especially since we can't afford anything else. Hopefully, the flyboys are good at maintenance, that hangar is pretty expensive. We will have to watch out for thefts on vehicles though."

"The office is a great choice, that 25% discount on all purchases will quickly add up I'm willing to bet."

"The command center may be on the expensive side, but anything that helps us win is worth it. We only make money if we are good at our jobs, and the command center will help with that."

"I would go with the Indoor Firing Ranger over the Kill house personally. It's cheaper, and it still has the big effect we want, making all our troops better."

"Gourmet rations have no initial cost, so it seems like a good choice to start. If we get overly large, they may become too expensive."

"It might leave us a little tight on budget for equipment, but there's nothing wrong acquiring on site right?"

quote:

The Long Game Plan
Spend extra capital now to save it in the long run

Building Unit Space Initial Cost Monthly
Officer's Quarters N/A N/A $100.00
Two-Story Barrack 12 $210,000.00 $100.00
Dirt Runway 30 $100,000.00 $40.00
Office 4 $70,000.00 $3,000.00
Command Center 6 $400,000.00 $8,000.00
Indoor Firing Range 5 $20,000.00 $300.00
Gourmet Rations $300(unknown)
Totals: 57 $800,000.00 $11,540.00 + Rations

OOC: Is there a discord channel we want to use to discuss stuff?

Damanation
Apr 16, 2018

Congratulations!

I'm moving 4 points from Missle Weapons (Rifle) to get Miss Weapons (LMG) +2 for 4 points

code:
The Barracks Necessity Plan
Building		Unit Space		Initial Cost		Monthly
Large Barrack		12	      		$210,000.00		$100.00
Dirt Runway		30	      		$100,000.00		$40.00
Office	        	4			$70,000.00		$8,000.00
Gourmet Rations			          				$300xPop
Total			46			$380,000.00		$8,140.00 + 300xPop
Since the large barracks has so much empty space we won't need for a long time, we could rent it out to outdoorsmen. Whats the worst that could happen?

Damanation
Apr 16, 2018

Congratulations!

I'll vote for Davin's Plan as well.

Damanation
Apr 16, 2018

Congratulations!

Glaedwine

"Unless you are expecting some trouble, and need some muscle, I think I'll sit this one out. I was never much of a people person. That was handled by other people in my squad. I wish you luck in getting some food though. Eating MREs gets old after the first time. I could also just be a bodyguard for you on this one Reginald, it's easy enough to look big and stand behind you."

Damanation
Apr 16, 2018

Congratulations!

The Solid Core Plan
A standard squad of 5:
One combat veteran: The Expatriate French soldier has a higher initial cost, but same upkeep as the Great Lakes Soldier, but can translate French and is better at combat
A tank Driver: The best driver we can get
A Demoman: Just for when you want to blow something up
Two rookies, in this case, factory workers: They can drive, they can shoot, but most importantly they are cheap. We are brand new, we don’t need to only hire vets, we can afford to train people up

Buy 5 squads, then the 6th squad of all tank drivers to man any heavy armor we might be able to get.

5 Expatriate French Soldiers: $7500 initial, $6000 monthly

10 Tank Drivers: $8000 initial, $25000 monthly

5 Demoman: $9000 initial, $13500 monthly

10 Factory Workers: $1000 initial, $9000 monthly

Total: $25,500 initial, $53,500 monthly

Damanation
Apr 16, 2018

Congratulations!

Damanation posted:

The Solid Core Plan
A standard squad of 5:
One combat veteran: The Expatriate French soldier has a higher initial cost, but same upkeep as the Great Lakes Soldier, but can translate French and is better at combat
A tank Driver: The best driver we can get
A Demoman: Just for when you want to blow something up
Two rookies, in this case, factory workers: They can drive, they can shoot, but most importantly they are cheap. We are brand new, we don’t need to only hire vets, we can afford to train people up

Buy 5 squads, then the 6th squad of all tank drivers to man any heavy armor we might be able to get.

10 Factory Workers: $1000 initial, $9000 monthly

Total: $25,500 initial, $53,500 monthly

I'm going to swap out the factory workers for Boat Drivers from the New Conch Republic. They have naval training, are just as good at fighting and driving as the factory workers, but have a cool 2 in social, which we wouldn't have otherwise.
I think thats worth more in costs. As for the 5 man squad idea, we can have them work in 4s, and swap out one for demomen when we need them, or just ignore the idea entirely. I was mostly using it to get get idea of how many in each role we should have.

10 Boat Drivers: $10000 initial, $10000 monthly

Total: $34,500 initial, $54,500 monthly

Since we have 4 pilots as officers, I still feel we don't need any NPC ones yet since we are unlikely to buy more than 4 helicopters or boatplanes, especially as long as we don't have a runway,

I also want to add this to my character sheet
Quirk: Insistent Basketball is the next big sport
Quirk: Uses Kirk-Fu( double dropkicks, single karate chop, hammerblow etc..)
Quirk: Likes Masks & Helmets
Quirk: Dislikes mushy textured food (I.E. beans)

Skill: Escape -1 for 2 points
Skill:Throwing 0 for 2 points.

Damanation
Apr 16, 2018

Congratulations!

The Solid Core Plan

10 Boat Drivers: $10000 initial, $10000 monthly

Total: $34,500 initial, $54,500 monthly

Plan resubmitted with the new, as requested.

Damanation
Apr 16, 2018

Congratulations!

Solid Core

I mean I did come up with it, might as well vote for it.

Damanation
Apr 16, 2018

Congratulations!

Glaedwine
Purchase List

Climbing Kit - 400
Grapple - 20
Backpack - 60
Wire Cutters - 30
Bolt Cutter - 30
Utility Knife - 2
T52E3 - 2500/2 = 1250
5 Mk. 2 Frag Grenade - (5 * 70) /2 = 175
Improved Fragmentation Vest with Trauma Plates - 4000
Motorcycle Helmet with Visor - 250
Steel-toed Boots - 100
Riot Gear x 2 = 2 x 100 = 200
Great-Sword - 900
Demo Kit - 160
Total: 7,577

Did someone call for a hodge-podge armor wearing guy with a big gun, a sword and can karate chop people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damanation
Apr 16, 2018

Congratulations!

You mean we need to stop being bad at breaking into buildings. That or give up on being stealthy and just do full assaults from now on.

• Locked thread