Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really enjoy the feel, sound, and look of this game, but the map design is way too much of a clusterfuck for me. Do COD players just want Nuketown 24/7 or something? I haven't played COD in years. Every map feels like a complete meat grinder and the abilities and killstreaks amplify it all so much. Also the spawns are terrible.

I still think I'm probably gonna get it. Regardless of my complaints I'm having fun with it. Can't wait to try the blackout beta. That's really gonna determine my final hype level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really haven't played anything in the realm of COD (save for an hour here and there at friends houses etc.) in 6 or 7 years, except a ton of Titanfall 2 and this game really makes me appreciate how not annoying snipers are in TF2.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol I swear to god every time I get a kill I'm dead in about .3 of a second later.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I went for the *futuristic* MP5 for the lion's share of the time I played today since MP5 was always my go to back when I played a lot of COD, and it seems like a piece of poo poo. It sucks at anything but close range which is to be expected, but it also doesn't seem to have any sort of advantage at close/point blank range over any other gun. It just felt like a really bad gun at the end of the day.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm waiting for the Blackout beta to officially put down my pre-order but overall I was happy with the beta and will be happy to play this possibly good game with goons.

Same. I have a lot of issues with it in its current state but it’s still fun. If blackout is good I’m super in.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So what are you COD dudes feeling about Blackout?

1. Super Hype
2.Morbid curiosity
3. Abomination

I'm personally dying to see what this poo poo is going to pan out to be. Might be horrid but goddamn I wanna try it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I've been hooked on PUBG for a while and it's admittedly a terrible game. Like, awful. Fortnite has zero appeal to me at all as I can't stand the art style and the building stuff has a less than zero appeal.

So, I guess I'm really curious as to what the big names can bring to the table before everyone gets sick of the Battle Royale genre. I just want to try the genre with a competently made shooter. Whether or not COD or BF will deliver on that remains to be seen.

Count me in as another one surprised that it's actually going to be 100 players.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hideous

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

widespread posted:

Yeeeeeah. One of the first games I tried recently that was BC with the Bone was Bad Company 2.

Then I bought MW2 digitally and am now considering both Black Ops 2 and Halo Reach MP.

What's the deal with BC2? I rebought a disc copy and was all giddy to play one of my favorite games again and there were no servers, but I thought BC2 resurgence was like, a thing when it hit BC? I couldn't tell if it was just dead as gently caress or if the servers were officially offline.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm curious. To those of you that are super resistant to Blackout. Why? I need a better answer than BR being trendy, because it's also fun as gently caress and it would nice to play a BR mode in a competent game unlike PUBG or Fornite.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Indeed.

Why the hell does the Beta start on a monday?

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Sep 7, 2018

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The fact that the beta is literally hours away and no one has seen a single second of blackout gameplay outside of a very scripted trailer is pretty interesting to me. I don't think it's a good or bad thing. I think it's actually peaked my interest more. But at the same time a video of some devs playing as intended might have been a good idea in case the beta is a trash fire.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I love when old people try to sound cool by pretending they don't know what something that everyone who doesn't live under a rock is aware of is.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I love this

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It would be super lame if they took out friendly fire.

Played for like 3+ hours tonight. Really enjoyed it. It answers the question I've had for a while of "what if PUBG and fortnite didn't look and play like poo poo".

It rips off PUBG more than Fortnite ever did. It's basically a carbon copy of it. TBH it's going to render PUBG completely irrelevant most likely. It's just the same thing but astronomically better in most ways (although I think Blackout fails at a few of the most notable things PUBG does but it really doesn't matter when the general performance and gameplay is so much better it feels like you jumped into the future by comparison) . I wouldn't be surprised it some anemic lawsuit threats are incoming.

One thing they need to do is either just get rid of the zombies or do something interesting with them because their inclusion feels totally pointless and tacked on right now.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Sep 11, 2018

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Blackout seems paced so well for a BR mode. Yeah you can potentially get murked out of the gate before you even find a gun or run around without seeing anyone for a while, but I feel like it's the exception and not the rule. My experience mostly been traveling from one hairy firefight to the next while those quiet moments of looting feel more like a blessing than a chore.

Someone was complaining about the TTK earlier but I think it's perfect. Players don't feel like bullet sponges but you also have enough health that you won't get wasted out of nowhere as much as some of these games unless you are in a tactically horrible position.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Also I noticed tonight (someone correct me if I'm wrong) but I think the game gives the kill to the person who downed the enemy as opposed to executor (who gets an assist I think) which is cool and needs to be in every game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Soarer posted:

Works like that in PUBG too if you're on a team. Someone from another team can steal the finishing blow though.

drat I've got like 200 hours in PUBG and never noticed that haha. I usually just lay off enemies my teammates have downed unless they are dead though because of my ignorance and I shamelessly try to steal any enemy kill I can, so I guess that explains that.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

From the goon group earlier. This would have been more entertaining with the chat but I guess I didn't have it set to record. I had no idea what this slingshot was and thought I was chucking a nade lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhwcbM-5fQg

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah that was embarrassing lol.

The circle killed me within a second. I don't know wtf was up with that we lasted a good 20 plus seconds in it in the round before that. I even popped a health when it hit me.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah but the first time the circle was totally gone and I lasted much much longer even before healing. So the one that insta killed me was actually shorter into the round. I dunno maybe my health was low and I didn't realize it or something.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BaronVanAwesome posted:

You were monostat?!

Yes indeed

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yo anyone want to play duos or get a squad going for a bit? Looks like all the goons on my friends list are in full parties.

PSN: Monostat7

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

do none of the zombies weapons take attachments? i want my lever action sniper, drat it!

I don't think they do. Most of them are so good it doesn't matter though. I always forget what it's called, but the AR is loving incredible.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

To put this in numbers: your default health is 150. It’s 200 with a trauma kit bonus. It’s 579 with trauma + armor 3.

Armor needs tuning badly.

Really?I don't think that's right. I thought lvl 3 added 50% armor so 275 total with a trauma kit.

Either way yeah ttk with lvl 3 and trauma kit feels too drat high for sure. I've only had it happen once or twice but unloading a full clp into someone for them to turn around and kill me instantly sucks.

I'd say get rid of trauma kits and have lvl 1/2/3 armor add 20/30/40% armor respectively to have armor still be desirable but feel balanced.

Then again Ive been shot in the rear end in lvl 3 armor and dropped like a sack of potatoes too lol...

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It’s a 65% damage reduction. Unless they’ve already tweaked it down.

that would put it at 297 not 597 w trauma kit though. Still very high but 597 would be like 4 clips

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

VulgarandStupid posted:

You are terrible at math.

You are terrible at reading and also wrong.

E: not wrong that I'm bad at math, but not in this case. I am assuming you don't know what a trauma kit does.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Sep 15, 2018

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Try to find at least one other person to play with. It makes a world of difference. BR solo mostly sucks

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Kilometers Davis posted:

Maybe this is why I haven’t fully gotten into BR before this game. I don’t like grouping with other people ever.

Might not be the best genre for you then. Having people to res you and provide coving fire is pretty much the difference between fun hijinks and getting shot in the butt randomly all the time.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

How did they manage to gently caress up climbing down ladders so badly? Also wingsuiting off high structures is so wildly inconsistent.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This game is good for practicing my musicianship. You can hear how much better my second rendition of jingle bells is than the first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq3BCtsIevY

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I am easily entertained

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

PUBG Xbox is at least passable now. the last few updates feel about as good as it's gonna get. Which is about 10 times worse than Blackout. I honestly don't know if I'll ever bother to play another round of PUBG. That said Blackout isn't nearly as tense, so I'll miss that but the fun factor more than makes up for it.

My main concern with Blackout is that I think they need to consistently add new maps to keep it from getting stale. I hope they announce that they will be doing just that sooner than later. I was already kind of wishing there was a second map by the end of the beta. I'm sure the map that ships with the game will be just fine at least until the end of the year, but its going to get old after a few months.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

PUBGs original map dwarfs Blackout's map and it's also a lot more generic and just harder to memorize (not that memorizing maps is bad by any stretch, but familiarity is harder when there are so many copy pasted buildings and non descript locations all over). It took me forever for the original PUBG map to start feeling familiar. I felt like I knew 75% of Blackout like the back of my hand after 25ish hours of the beta. That's not to say it felt stale at all, but it's going to hit that point eventually.

Also, anyone who didn't think Erangal was stale after thousands of hours is insane. I believe people played it that long because they were hooked on the game and it was their only option. As options expand there's really no excuse to just have one map and call it quits.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

PUBG doesn't have anything resembling quality map design. it just feels like a bunch of random poo poo plunked down all over the place for players to run around in. And Erangal is the worst one for huge open spaces with no cover by far imo. at least with the vehicle spawns feeling stingy compared to miramar

Blackout feels more tightly designed but it's extremely limited in scope. That one map isn't just going to feel like enough forever.

Edit: "Random poo poo" is an unfair description. Random in the sense that the maps feel like they are designed to feel like a real region more than they are to facilitate gameplay.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Sep 19, 2018

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The worst thing about this game is that I have to wait 3 more weeks to play it again.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I also hope regular TDM gets tweaked to feel a little bit less like a meat grinder. I really enjoyed it other than that but it was kind of too much.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Kizurue posted:

Very few Switch games that appeal to me, and by few I mean 1, Monster Hunter. Other than that I have yet to see something that I can see myself sinking any amount of time in.

I like a lot of switch games and don't like Monster Hunter, but I'm confused as to why you'd care about the switch one when the popular MH that looks 10 times better is on every other system but switch.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Sep 25, 2018

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

One thing I've been meaning to ask. After playing a ton of Blackout with like 30 different goons over beta week, I noticed you guys seem to always play the entire game out no matter what. Like, I'm used to playing PUBG where if everyone dies 1 minute into the game except one person, the remaining player will go in hot and reckless, find some funny way to kill themselves, or just quit. But during the beta it frequently seemed like 1 dude would be left standing right after the drop and everyone would just watch them play for 30 minutes. I didn't want to be rude so I didn't say anything, but it struck me as sort of odd. Didn't know if it was just people being new to BR games or or if that's just how COD goon crew likes to roll and I didn't want to step on any toes.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Sep 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol that's the greatest commercial I've ever seen.