Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

When I wake up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Well I know I’m gonna be

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Eat poo poo just because I beat you 3-0 in Skull

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Ok but in seriousness I went between Gulag and Anarc, and decided I’d rather cop someone I had suspicions of versus someone who was just straight up not posting that day.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I’m gonna be the man who

Podima posted:

poo poo yes I’m ready for a fart

Max
Nov 30, 2002

When I go home

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Well I know I’m gonna be.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

He’s posting up a storm right now

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I really don’t know what to think of MMT’s “if Xad flips scum goon let’s execute Pod today” because first, that’s based on the premise that I night killed GX as a fellow scum buddy unprovoked on night 1, and second it’s just uncomfortably specific about “goon”. But like I said yesterday I have a very hard time seeing godfather MMT going this unreasonably hard on me.

I want to hear from others today, especially those who haven’t been posting. The rest of you should too.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Yeah I'm gonna ##vote pod. After rereading he was definitely weird about Xad.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

As someone who originally said they were suss on pods claim, I'm sorta skeptical it's got a little bit of traction

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Executive decision: we won’t post again for the rest of the visit.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Beetphyxious posted:

As someone who originally said they were suss on pods claim, I'm sorta skeptical it's got a little bit of traction

I think we're all vanilla.

##vote Podima

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Aside of Pod's opinions and interactions with Xad, I also can't believe the claimed cop would last 3 nights

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I also think Gulag abandoned the game.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

I think we're all vanilla.

##vote Podima

Okay so that's something I raised when he claimed.

And then the oddness of Genex's death.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

I also think Gulag abandoned the game.

Nah he's not posting in persona game either so I'm guessing real world poo poo.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Aside of Pod's opinions and interactions with Xad, I also can't believe the claimed cop would last 3 nights

This is an excellent point, unless there is a doctor?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

If we are all vanilla a mass claim isn't going to help. Scum will wait till later and someone will go 'oh I'm a doctor' in the middle of all the VT claims.

Also you've got people clearly absent.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Beetphyxious posted:

Nah he's not posting in persona game either so I'm guessing real world poo poo.

He posted in the persona game yesterday a few times.

Beetphyxious posted:

Okay so that's something I raised when he claimed.

And then the oddness of Genex's death.

Yeah I was working off the assumption that we're all vanilla after he claimed, but kept it to myself. Claiming to cop ANarc over you (after his SK theory), me (after the small push on me day 2), or Gulag after the shitposting day 1 and the total lurker status day 2 doesn't help his claim any, imo.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I realize copping a SK wouldn't reveal much, now that I think about it for more than 3 seconds. BUT STILL

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

He posted in the persona game yesterday a few times.

Did he? I completely missed that then.

quote:

Yeah I was working off the assumption that we're all vanilla after he claimed, but kept it to myself. Claiming to cop ANarc over you (after his SK theory), me (after the small push on me day 2), or Gulag after the shitposting day 1 and the total lurker status day 2 doesn't help his claim any, imo.

I don't like who he picked. I would have gone gulag out of us three personally.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

I realize copping a SK wouldn't reveal much, now that I think about it for more than 3 seconds. BUT STILL

Well there was again only one night kill.

I think the SK theory is bust unless SK is deliberately not night killing.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

And doesn't help with day one either.

Actually if it's an all vanilla game how do you explain Genex's death?

That was a really ill-timed bus, and if it was a bus what benefit did it give the scum team?

I think I should rereading day one it was sooo long ago.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

If there's only one doctor claim then that would tell me there's two scum left and it's Pod and the doctor claim, tbh. But 4 scum out of 13 players would be quite the game.

Unless! what if there's a scum miller and we've all been duped this entire time. :froggonk:

Beetphyxious posted:

Well there was again only one night kill.

I think the SK theory is bust unless SK is deliberately not night killing.

Agreed, but that would be some 200iq play.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Beetphyxious posted:

And doesn't help with day one either.

Actually if it's an all vanilla game how do you explain Genex's death?

That was a really ill-timed bus, and if it was a bus what benefit did it give the scum team?

I think I should rereading day one it was sooo long ago.

Maybe there's a PGO? gently caress let me reread day 1, too.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

Unless! what if there's a scum miller and we've all been duped this entire time. :froggonk:

Framer, not Miller. Still learning terminology.

No wait it's not Framer, either. Is there a role that would change a killed person to flip scum instead of town? It exists in ToL but it's rare. I don't think something that rare would be in this game when most of us are (claimed) vanilla.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

of the people who are avoiding thinking about the scum vs town motiviations for actions and are instead copy+pasting things from the mafiascum.edu's 'how to play game' page, pod looks the worst because the posts he quoted that allegedly pinged him look identical to all the other posts in the game

Murmur Twin posted:

Hmm.

##vote Podima

My read on scum Podima is that he tries to make serious-sounding cases too early on behaviors that are relatively innocuous, and this sadly fits the bill for me.

Xad posted:

I think one thing I'm kinda struggling with is what Gene just mentioned -- if we only have limited posts, I feel like every post should be chock-full of info, but that doesn't really sound fun
or in the spirit of the game imo, and I don't really have an effortpost in me this early.

Honestly, I thought we would've hit 100 posts way earlier and was worried the day would end with me having like two posts :v:

Gene's and Max's posts seems townie imo.

I'm not sure what it is exactly but I don't like something about Hal's posts so far
Still fairly suspicious of pod

Hal Incandenza posted:

I really don’t believe Podima but I guess we have to give it a day

I still don’t like how Nat20 has played today and I’m not sure why GeneX is suddenly the target but I’ll look at them right now before I even hit submit...

Yeah no I think Nat20s case is long winded BS and not buying it, he’s trying to dazzle with lots of words but I don’t really think GeneX was casing on half-remembered meta. Even if GeneX is wrong I don’t buy they are scum because they should have thought Pod this and known that etc...

Not really feeling Gulag as scum either, I am happy with Nat20 vote for now

These are all pretty interesting from day 1.

Also interesting that Max burned 2 posts right before Nat 20's meltdown on day 1.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##unvote for now, I don't want a hammer when I'm starting to grow suspicious of Max.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

These are all pretty interesting from day 1.

Also interesting that Max burned 2 posts right before Nat 20's meltdown on day 1.

Because I was bored as gently caress.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WR2bNmt_-c

Max
Nov 30, 2002

On the edge of my seat here.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Max posted:

On the edge of my seat here.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I’m actually paying attention

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hals playing?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I feel like beet gets me.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Beetphyxious posted:

If we are all vanilla a mass claim isn't going to help. Scum will wait till later and someone will go 'oh I'm a doctor' in the middle of all the VT claims.

Also you've got people clearly absent.

I feel like there’s been plenty of time for someone to say “hey, I doctored these people and they survived so they’re probably town” or “I’m the person who did (some action) that killed gx”, and no one has claimed it yet.

##vote pod until something happens to convince me that this isn’t an all-vanilla game

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
This is a no win situation for me unfortunately so at least if you decide on the lazy option my flip will mostly confirm MMT and ANarc, but I’m still a bit selfishly bothered that people are apparently looking at my posting and deciding that it’s the scummiest thing around outside of MMT’s insane theories.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Executive decision: we won’t post again for the rest of the visit.

You posted so I posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

I feel like there’s been plenty of time for someone to say “hey, I doctored these people and they survived so they’re probably town” or “I’m the person who did (some action) that killed gx”, and no one has claimed it yet.

##vote pod until something happens to convince me that this isn’t an all-vanilla game

This sucks by the way, multiple people haven’t checked in by my mental reckoning as the game just opened today so this feels like you rushing things.

Again: I firmly believe GX’s killer is a SK that isn’t going to claim, and moreover that the doc who blocked a kill both nights is within their rights to claim or not.

• Locked thread