Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Doc Hawkins posted:

Hmm, let me check the meme indices

:hmmyes:
:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

there was a metroid thread, dunno if it still exists. I had it bookmarked but it disappeared at some point

also this is the best picture of samus in her suit, literally the only thing that isn't perfect about this image is her giraffe neck

everything about how the mechanisms fit and how, say, the inner armpit armor is super thin but the outer arm armor is super thick is just :kiss: design, it accomodates a human frame unlike, say, space marine armor from warhammer 40k which requires a crazy inhuman skeleton

Varia Suit is the best power armor anyone has ever designed, fight me

I hate this image because it's obvious that the character creators never actually put much thought into the placement of her arms until they were drawing this. There's just tons of meaningless poo poo over the upper arm/shoulder and the arms connecting like that would significantly limit range of motion.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I just loved all the alt metroid art like

and

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I watched the Super Metroid VOD and it's very fun. Poobear and Caleb aren't Metroid speedrunners and that brings some fresh air into the commentary, especially when they start debating whether to save or kill the animals.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

LAY-ZX posted:

I hate this image because it's obvious that the character creators never actually put much thought into the placement of her arms until they were drawing this. There's just tons of meaningless poo poo over the upper arm/shoulder and the arms connecting like that would significantly limit range of motion.
it super looks like the shoulderpad has an extension that weaves down into the arm and provides some kind of mechanical enhanced strength and motion, similar to existing XOS exoskeletons. In the shoulders themselves there look to be big ol' engines, strength enhancers or power sources of some sort. Looks like it's drawn to show that the shoulders have more motion than you might think if it's got exosuit extensions into the arms.

poo poo's all sci-fi doodads, it's definitely a lot more thought put into the mechanics of the suit than something like the other m power suit which is just like, hard light apparently(which is cool, but is handled in perhaps the stupidest way possible because it's other m)

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

One last update of the second post has been done, and I've sent a PM to VideoGames to get the threads unstickied. I will be closing the threads some time in the next couple days, and then I'll see you all for ESA.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'll sneak in with a last minute recommendation for Streets of Rage 2. Anthopants is playing on Mania difficulty and just taking out everything like a maniac. Really impressive gameplay and nice commentary too.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

victrix posted:

In the process of exploring Samus fanart I discovered I apparently really like super-mecha varia suit designs where Samus is smaller than the suit.

I also ran across a few pieces that are legitimately so good I should probably post them in the metroid thread.

Uh... there is a metroid thread, right?

there was a metroid thread that started up just before samus returns released. got archived due to inactivity, i'm afraid. here it is if you wanted to skim through and probably see my giant effortpost about why diggernaut is a bad fight:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3833456

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?
Tomb Raider was a great run. Good commentary, other than one couch guy, and a super clean run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

TeaJay posted:

I'll sneak in with a last minute recommendation for Streets of Rage 2. Anthopants is playing on Mania difficulty and just taking out everything like a maniac. Really impressive gameplay and nice commentary too.

:same: This was a good run.

• Locked thread