Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Smash TV run was great, definitely worth a watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
They should have flown in Garrison for that terrible Donald Land game.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
As much as I don't particularly care for TRPG games, being on sign squad and holding up DOOD every 10 seconds was kinda fun.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Oyster posted:

As much as I don't particularly care for TRPG games, being on sign squad and holding up DOOD every 10 seconds was kinda fun.
Oh, you're at SGDQ too? Seems like there's a lot of goons there this year.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

SGDQ is not only on-time, but ahead of schedule! Great for me, because it shifts some games into better time slots.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

D. Ebdrup posted:

Oh, you're at SGDQ too? Seems like there's a lot of goons there this year.

Yeah. The only goons I've run into so far has been Studio and Halfcoordinated, and that was only briefly as Studio was running off to practice. I'm mostly hanging out with local friends, Star Fox Squad, and rhythm game people. I'm sure I'll at least see UA at some point.

Oyster fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jun 25, 2018

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Oyster posted:

Yeah. The only goons I've run into so far has been Studio and Halfcoordinated, and that was only briefly as Studio was running off to practice. I'm mostly hanging out with local friends, Star Fox Squad, and rhythm game people. I'm sure I'll at least see UA at some point.
Iast is around too, I believe - plus some others I'm forgetting because my memory is terrible.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

Total Clam

D. Ebdrup posted:

Iast is around too, I believe - plus some others I'm forgetting because my memory is terrible.

That dude said he'd buy me a beer the next GDQ we were at together. Time to get hunting!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Oyster posted:

That dude said he'd buy me a beer the next GDQ we were at together. Time to get hunting!
:ohdear: What have I done?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Shoutouts to Studio for that :krad: Monolith run. I'm off to buy it during the Steam sale, it's only $4 right now!

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Oyster posted:

I've mostly been hanging out in the tech area as usual because I always get super paranoid about things breaking the first couple of days, but I think they're relative stable so I might start wandering around more soon.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

DizzyBum posted:

Shoutouts to Studio for that :krad: Monolith run. I'm off to buy it during the Steam sale, it's only $4 right now!

yeah it was sick

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I did a quick skim to find this. Tell me if I missed any other Sent moments since his laid back sock moment.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
So Enter the Gungeon was a trainwreck, but hey, Dustforce is up. I'm always excited to see more Dustforce, even if it's not the category I prefer (SS all levels is not exactly marathon safe anyway, so oh well)

Dustforce!

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

King of Solomon posted:

So Enter the Gungeon was a trainwreck, but hey, Dustforce is up. I'm always excited to see more Dustforce, even if it's not the category I prefer (SS all levels is not exactly marathon safe anyway, so oh well)

Dustforce!

Poor guy, clearly nerves got to him. He took it really well though. Props to him for that.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

King of Solomon posted:

Dustforce!

The first run was a boring trainwreck. But the second run was a far more entertaining Trainwreck.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

The Gungeon run was worth it purely for the opening reveal.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
The Dustforce race was really good. It was close the whole way through, I highly recommend it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Enter the Gungeon is a bad roguelike and a bad game, so it's not surprising it didn't show well.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer
Really loved the Mega Man block. X2 and Zero 4 had some incredibly sharp strats going on. Especially going buster-only in X2. I find that game immensely frustrating so seeing it getting shredded was immensely satisfying.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Was Axiom Verge better this time? Last time this guy ran it at GDQ he was choking hard on the hornet boss and I felt really bad for him.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

TeaJay posted:

Was Axiom Verge better this time? Last time this guy ran it at GDQ he was choking hard on the hornet boss and I felt really bad for him.
He mentioned at the start that four months after his last GDQ run, they discovered that having Vsync enabled hosed with a whole lot of things for a variety of reasons, which was why the last run went bad in general. This time around the run went smoothly.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Prizeman, AWAY!

VVV Dammit at least give me 2 minutes to post here too. ;) Yeah, the FEAR run is real good.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jun 26, 2018

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

F.E.A.R. will be recommended, it's just wholesome fun and crazy skips all the way.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Just can't recommend this run enough. The fact that he actually kept going into slo-mo just so we could enjoy more dialog slowing down, despite the fact it was actually slowing the run down, means he's more about the fun than anything else. That's something anyone can appreciate.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Jun 26, 2018

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
throwing in my recommendation for F.E.A.R as well, it was a really chill and fun run. He took the time to show off some fun glitches, the chemistry with the couch was good, it was a great run to wake up to :3:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

DaveKap posted:

Just can't recommend this run enough. The fact that he actually kept going into slo-mo just so we could enjoy more dialog slowing down, despite the fact it was actually slowing the run down, means he's more about the fun than anything else. That's something anyone can appreciate.

Well, everyone except punchy

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

mandatory lesbian posted:

Well, everyone except punchy

Eh, why? I liked the FEAR run, it was fantastic as expected. It was one of those runs I saw Maxy do before the event and wanted in, I knew that poo poo was going to rule ahead of time.

you have very peculiar ideas about how I view these things

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Eh, why? I liked the FEAR run, it was fantastic as expected. It was one of those runs I saw Maxy do before the event and wanted in, I knew that poo poo was going to rule ahead of time.

you have very peculiar ideas about how I view these things

You have a reputation for disliking speedrun-related stuff that sacrifices time for coolness and that’s enough to base a joke on

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Moatman posted:

You have a reputation for disliking speedrun-related stuff that sacrifices time for coolness and that’s enough to base a joke on

oh

I didn't think the west of loathing thing would persist in people's minds for that long. I got confused because I goof off during my own marathon runs for comedy like all the time. I did it during the last GDQ lol

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Moatman posted:

Yeah this, wasn't meant to be a serious comment :p

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

jokes are banned I don't understand them

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

See?! See, everyone?!!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

The Simpsons Hit & Run run was pretty entertaining, along with a great joke you might have missed:

The runner replaced the radio tunes with SilvaGunner remixes. That's not Flintstones - it's 7 GRAND DAD!

This is a very succinct and punchy post.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Didn't realize this had started; I know what's going to be on my YouTube queue for the next few months.

Also glad to see more races again; I feel like they've fallen a bit out of favor recently; AGDQ hardly seemed like it had any.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

King of Solomon posted:

Dustforce!

How was Gungeon bad? I missed it and was gonna catch a vod, is it worth watching for cringe/dumb poo poo or was it just a bad run overall?

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Zillions magazine posted:

How was Gungeon bad? I missed it and was gonna catch a vod, is it worth watching for cringe/dumb poo poo or was it just a bad run overall?

They did 2 attempts and failed both. I think the runner was a good sport about it, no cringy/dumb commentary, just a lot of bad luck and failure.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zillions magazine posted:

Not gonna comment on whether it was bad or not, but he was using the The Bullet and swording everything. The first run got pretty bad luck and some bad mistakes and didn't finish, but since it was ahead of schedule they gave him another try and on this run he got to the last boss and then died :(

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
The guy was clearly nervous for the first run which made him take multiple hits in short order and jumping into pits, coupled with the fact that he got real lovely guns. The second run he no-hit the first four bosses, got tremendously good weapons and then tripped up on the Dragun because the nerves returned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

Gungeon's a hard fuckin game, too. That's a bummer, I feel bad for the guy.

• Locked thread