Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Donate lots of money, folks! Doctors without Borders is a truly amazing organization, they deserve all the help and attention in the world!

This is the wrong thread and I'm an idiot. But I completely agree, super awesome organization.

parabolic fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jun 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

sorry

parabolic fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jun 28, 2018

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

No stress, everyone makes mistakes. Except Doctors without Borders, the perfect charity! Ha.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
A Hat in Time is, against all my expectations, going on the Highly Recommended Runs list. Cool game that's relatively easy to follow even if you haven't played it, and fantastic commentary by both the runners and the couch.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Kestral posted:

A Hat in Time is, against all my expectations, going on the Highly Recommended Runs list. Cool game that's relatively easy to follow even if you haven't played it, and fantastic commentary by both the runners and the couch.

Against your expectations?

Never bet against Hat, friend.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I respect the commit to the bit, but drat does that thing look uncomfortable.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Absolutely check out the Celeste run, if you missed it.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Start watching at Cuphead, watch the whole indie block.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
Cuphead, Hat in Time and Celeste were a triple threat of fantastic runs. Watch the entire indie block.

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

Super proud of GDQ for closing out the two day long Spoopy Block with the erotic horror of Pepsiman.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Getting Over it, Miner Ultra Adventures and Roundabout are also must-see.

After Roundabout eSports mode, watch Studio's all cutscenes run from SGDQ 2015. Trust me on this.

http://gdqvods.com/game/roundabout/

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Live was a very strange thing that you should definitely experience.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

honestly everything from Cuphead to present has been amazing, it's been shockingly quality dense

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Serious post for serious thread, the entire silly block has been incredible and there was even a world record

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
I'm so dumb sorry

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

SexRex ran Gift and ratbert90 made a donation for 1400$ + made a shoutout to us.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
gently caress i'm dumb too.

But this is a good place to remind people to watch the silly block, some of those game were extremely silly. It started right after Celeste and goes at least up to Pac Man 2.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

I'm just happy we got to experience the glorious return of PEPSIMAN.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
Gotta leave myself a note to watch the FEAR and Hat in Time runs. How long after the event do they usually upload the segments to YouTube?

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

CordlessPen posted:

Gotta leave myself a note to watch the FEAR and Hat in Time runs. How long after the event do they usually upload the segments to YouTube?
Runs are already being uploaded at https://www.youtube.com/user/gamesdonequick/videos (up to Rise of the Tomb Raider so far, which was a run I really enjoyed also hi studio) or https://www.gdqvods.com has the Twitch links

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

TeaJay posted:

SexRex ran Gift and ratbert90 made a donation for 1400$ + made a shoutout to us.
Some awesome people already did the work of finding them:

DizzyBum posted:

Oh, if anyone wants to clip the shoutout during the Gift run, I found the page where it's mentioned. Just need to find the right time. If nobody gets to it I'll get it later:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3861147&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=968

Sage Grimm posted:

And here's the vod time when it was brought up:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/278099010?t=30h57m30s

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

https://i.imgur.com/qOGy0HD.gifv

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jun 28, 2018

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

I really hope GDQ makes a compilation of all these clips by the end of the event.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Samuel Clemens posted:

I really hope GDQ makes a compilation of all these clips by the end of the event.
Some third-party did it for AGDQ so I assume that same person could do it again. If I was smarter, I would've make clips and done it myself.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Super Mario 3 race isn't over yet as of this post, but it is already a must-watch, easily a highlight of the marathon. Nobody spoil this race for future viewers, goddamn.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

SPOILERS! These are the best part of the Mario 3 race.

https://clips.twitch.tv/TentativeSwissButterflyDoggo
https://clips.twitch.tv/PlausibleFragileMuleWutFace

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jun 29, 2018

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Kestral posted:

Super Mario 3 race isn't over yet as of this post, but it is already a must-watch, easily a highlight of the marathon. Nobody spoil this race for future viewers, goddamn.

Seconding this.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
pretty disappointing tbh

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Odd Mutant posted:

pretty disappointing tbh

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Odd Mutant posted:

pretty disappointing tbh

someone needs to blow in your cart because you're clearly not reading correctly

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
The SMB3 race was a goddamn emotional rollercoaster for everyone who watched, an unreal amount of positive vibes from the runners and the announcer and an unbelievable amount of real poo poo that happened, you've got to go back and watch it if you missed.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

the first time it happened it was the catalyst of a very warm moment

the second time is a big bummer, especially when the runners were so unsynced but conceptually neck and neck.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

this run was the yin to the LTTP race when that one guy couldn't stop kicking and soft locking the other kid's SNES and frustrating him

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

Odd Mutant posted:

this run was the yin to the LTTP race when that one guy couldn't stop kicking and soft locking the other kid's SNES and frustrating him

And by "couldn't stop" you mean "one time in TR, which was unfortunate, and then did the next section completely blind."

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Odd Mutant posted:

pretty disappointing tbh

:wrong:

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

I just now noticed the background graphics for the clock are also the clock but in binary. :hurr:

Looking forward to the TASBot run of Super Metroid tomorrow:

"TASBot plays Super Metroid 0% by Sniq and total
0:07:07 0% while running past audible invisible animals — SNES"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Why don't they just put all the consoles on some bubblewrap to cushion them from stomps and other slight bumps that might do this? The large bubble bubblewrap, one sheet would probably do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
They can go ahead and cancel Monkey Ball after the Stilt Fella run.

Also Yo Noid 2 was legit really good.

Pneub fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jun 29, 2018

• Locked thread