Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

The similar model and period bosch fuel pump in my Saab 99 made that sort of noise.
Don't bank on the accumulator not needing replacement too if its like the Saab one - the Saab ones leak when old (and are positioned above the exhaust silencer which is nice).
Good luck separating it all - please start hosing it down with penetrating oil now! ;)

Saab also used the same design IACV. I'm having CIS flashbacks... I am sure the ones I have tested in the past have just been straight "Apply 12v and see if it you can then blow/spray brake cleaner through it" tests. Its only got 2 wires hasn't it? I don't think CIS over-complicated this part!

I searched and found This IAC which is 80EUR and claims to be german manufactured.

Tomarse fucked around with this message at 09:51 on May 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

angryrobots posted:

If the ECU isn't getting an accurate coolant temp reading, it's going to cause all sorts of fuckery with idle speed and fueling.

You are thinking too modern. "mature" vehicles like this one generally have separate temperature sensors for the gauge and for the ECU so not having a working gauge might mean nothing to the engine :lol: