Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Gimme Gimme Swedish Fish...

Fallen Rib

The white stuff is probably glue holding the tag in place. It looks like silicone adhesive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Fallen Rib

Do you have a CIS fuel pressure tester? I sold mine to someone here a while back, but it was super useful for troubleshooting my VWs. IIRC, whoever I sold it to was working on a Mercedes.

Also, I've got a dwell meter, not sure if it's worth trying to ship it from the USA, but you're welcome to it.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Fallen Rib

That brass-looking fitting is supposed to stay with the filter. That's why there's a flare fitting leading to it. You'd have to spin the filter (like you did) instead of just tightening the flare nut. You need to get the fitting out of the flare if at all possible. Penetrating oil isn't going to hurt the fuel line or the car. It's such low-volume and the car will just burn it.

And yes, fuel lines love to spray fuel. Wrap the tool in a rag next time. Gas tastes bad and burns the eyes.