Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I have a large, sweaty, midwestern man come over and read your posts as he strangles me with a belt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Reading dry technical documents is good.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec2RxsPp8vg

SO SOOTHING :byodood:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I just lie down and close my eyes

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

do you want me to to die?!

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
The three Rs:

1. Read a book/thread
2. Rub one Out
3. Rest the eyes

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Chocolate milk, forensic files on the television, a nice fan blowing on me, and a cool ac breeze

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Candlelight Virgil posted:

Chocolate milk, forensic files on the television, a nice fan blowing on me, and a cool ac breeze

Oh poo poo. What chocolate milk you get?

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.

But the stiff airrrrr

tbh though this would probably work for me if the room was already cool enough. Ironically the ambient sounds of the outdoors in the summer time are helpful too.

client
Aug 19, 2010

KOYAANISQATSI

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Woden posted:

Same bedtime every night including weekends solved my ongoing sleeping problems.

Exercise, no caffeine after lunchtime, no booze and no eating before bedtime also helps.

No booze at all or just no booze right before sleeping? The former sounds loving miserable and the latter makes no sense because a little tipsiness (or a lot) always makes falling asleep easier.

Jove Tone
Jan 12, 2006

I listen to Korn's "Freak on a Leash" on repeat and I have to have one hand cradeling my balls.

Famine Poodle
Jul 16, 2011

I have seen all, I have heard all, I have forgotten all.
Masturbate, OP.

Whistling Asshole
Nov 18, 2005
i like to say a prayer every night before i fall asleep. i think about my friends and family and ask for God to protect them and keep them safe. knowing that he's up there watching over them gives me a peace of mind that lulls me into a nice comfortable sleep

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I raw dog my gf and pray she doesn’t get pregnant. Again

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

Jerk off and I play some podcasts. If that doesnt work I smoke a joint.

Boring, I know..

Woden
May 6, 2006

Gobblecoque posted:

No booze at all or just no booze right before sleeping? The former sounds loving miserable and the latter makes no sense because a little tipsiness (or a lot) always makes falling asleep easier.

Booze can make sleeping easier but it's a poo poo sleep if you over do it, I still drink occasionally and get drunk sometimes but it does affect your sleep. None of the things I listed are hard rules, just rough guides that helped me.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Lie on my back and close my eyes and wait 5 minutes op

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

lie down, scream and cry.

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
stare at computer screen until eyes naturally refuse to open

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i lie in my bed naked with a fan pointed at me to drown out the sounds of outside life.

if i’ve been drinking i put in one earbud and listen to old podcasts. i can only imagine what this does to my subconscious.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I fall asleep listening to sissy hypnosis and now I crave cock

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

I lie on the very edge of the bed and eventually drop off

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
Alcohol

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I fall asleep listening to sissy hypnosis and now I crave cock

too bad buddy,they’re all mine.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

asoftmurmur.com

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Before weed I would lay down then wait 3+ hours hoping for the best but usually failing

After weed I lay down

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Sometimes I jump on the bed really high and hit my head on the ceiling. Most of the time I wake up on the floor but sometimes I'm still in bed when I wake up in the afternoon.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I listen to radio plays.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?
Aphex Twin - Slected Ambient Works II on shuffle

Bungdeetle
Sep 25, 2009

Oh God, the Lord, the strength of my salvation, Thou hast covered my head in the day of battle.
Realise I have nothing going for me and nothing to do so I sleep through the entire day. It's pretty easy just drop all of your life commitments and hobbies.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
2x10mg melatonin and a fan droning on and blowing on me, I'm like a reverse Korean but poo poo is so comforting for some reason

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

I think about girls boobs and stuff and put mst3k on volume 2

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
try to make it to the end of 2001 a space odyssey

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man
I turn out the lights, slump into bed and in my head I open palm slam a vhs into the slot. it's chronicles of riddick and

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I never found falling asleep hard, I can p much do it anywhere even in public. Drinking at all basically makes my ability to go to sleep utter poo poo though, I'd say cut out drinking. It's loving awful. :420: is good, and if you cant for drug tests or w/e, I'd say even loving kratom would probably help with knocking the gently caress out while being at least legal and not detectable.

But definitely work out first and foremost. DOMS and soreness can feel loving great and youlll sleep like a babby. And yeah I also like totally covering my head with the comforter for total instant-hit-the-bed-asleep mode, but really not necessary.

I also have an air purifier thing going which is basically white noise. but if you want music then I’d also recommend checking out SomaFM.com, if you want some great curated various playlists of ambient, late night deep house and downtempo, etc. it’s free and they’re good people

Xaris fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jun 24, 2018

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
get up early and don't nap

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Gobblecoque posted:

It’s a little counter-intuitive, but while alcohol does make you drowsy, it actually ends up messing with the regular sleep cycle your body goes through and generally results in a shittier sleep in lighter sleep. frequent awakenings are also pretty common, especially “micro-awakenings” that you won’t remember in the morning.

I mean, drink up if you want to and all, but if you’re using alcohol as a sleeping aid, that’s not a great call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

I have sadbrains, so I take a whole bunch of various CNS depressants and smoke a bunch of :420:, I hate laying awake forever though so I'll stay on the computer until I can't keep my eyes open and stagger off to bed. I have so far made it every time :toot:

• Locked thread