Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm waiting for a kerro post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..

Sorry here's a map update.

Opener: 6
Windwalker: 2
Yellow Sign: 6
Sleeper: 1
Crawling Chaos: 2

Next up: WW

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Trump and the formless spawn are supposed to be in middle America not east, I think

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
Oops quite right

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Yep, not a lot I can do. Nap and hope it looks better in the morning. Next up YS

Windwalker: **4**
Yellow Sign: 6

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Desecrate some more...
Windwalker: 4
Yellow Sign: 5

Sleeper up next.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Do you want some plastic with that desecration?

The US will not tolerate this incursion onto our soil. We will repel the invaders!

Battle in the Midwest.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Desecrate roll = 4 (Success)

Battle for the midwest!

Trump rolls 10 dice and gets:

4 - 6 - 5 - 2 - 1 - 2 - 5 - 6 - 3 - 2

Opener rolls 16 dice and gets:

5 - 3 - 6 - 5 - 2 - 6 - 5 - 1 - 4 - 6 - 4 - 1 - 5 - 1 - 1 - 6

Trump and formless spawn are slain.

Opener must kill 2 units and pain 3 others.

Any other post-combat abilities can be applied, then CC chooses where Opener's pained units retreat to.

Sleeper also gains his second to last spellbook.

Kerro fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jul 25, 2018

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Shouldn't sleeper have only rolled 8 dice? 6 for big orange and 2 for the spawn?

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Yeah my mistake I hadn't updated your power total. I've been posting the dice results in order in case I messed up the count, so we'll ignore the last two Sleeper rolls, which in this case does not affect the outcome.

vvv thanks I'm all over the place today!

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Additionally, this will be sleeper's penultimate spellbook, he still needs the other "spend 3 power as an action" one.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Kill two cultists, pain and promote all my monsters. Should be Yog + one cultist left in America.

That was an extremely unfortunate set of rolls :/

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

Do you want some plastic with that desecration?

The US will not tolerate this incursion onto our soil. We will repel the invaders!

Battle in the Midwest.

I keep just taking it as a given in my head... yeah, ideally I'd like an undead.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

All good, I assumed as much.

CC is up to decide where Opener's three (upgraded) monsters retreat to.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I guess I'll take Demand Sacrifice.

I tried guys.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Just throw them into the Arctic Ocean.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
I think it’s your turn as well

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

So here we are:

Windwalker: 4 (Out)
Sleeper: 0 (Out)

Just CC, Opener and YS still in it for this round.

Next up: CC

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Having been reminded that it's my turn... man, I don't even know at this point. Nightgaunt from N. Pacific to W. North America. If I had Unlimited Battle then I could do something, but I don't.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Windwalker: 4 (Out)
Sleeper: 0 (Out)
Crawling Chaos: 1

Next up: Opener

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Okay, I don't think that changes my situation at all.

Beyond One to move gate and cultist E. North America -> North Atlantic.

Opener: 5
Crawling Chaos: 1

Yellow sign next.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Diplomacy time!

Dancer, honest assessment of the board: if you've been lucky with elder signs thus far, your best move might be to snipe Squishy's two undefended gates and aim for 2nd place.

If you flip the south atlantic gate and push him off the New Zealand gate, you could end at 11doom + 7ES vs his 14doom + 6ES after rituals.

If you've been unlucky and can't beat him on signs, then it's kind of a catch22 for you as far as I can tell, and it's basically your choice to kingmake / spite whomever you choose.

e: of course this leaves out that CC is positioned to hit 22 + 2ES...

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

2nd place; a thing that exists in this game.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

King of Bleh posted:

Diplomacy time!

Dancer, honest assessment of the board: if you've been lucky with elder signs thus far, your best move might be to snipe Squishy's two undefended gates and aim for 2nd place.

If you flip the south atlantic gate and push him off the New Zealand gate, you could end at 11doom + 7ES vs his 14doom + 6ES after rituals.

If you've been unlucky and can't beat him on signs, then it's kind of a catch22 for you as far as I can tell, and it's basically your choice to kingmake / spite whomever you choose.

e: of course this leaves out that CC is positioned to hit 22 + 2ES...

I think what you're suggesting here is impossible? It would cost me 4 AP to take South Atlantic, and 2 AP to wreck New Zealand.

(I'll post a move soon, currently pondering)

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Dancer posted:

I think what you're suggesting here is impossible? It would cost me 4 AP to take South Atlantic, and 2 AP to wreck New Zealand.

(I'll post a move soon, currently pondering)

Hastur to Nz -> combat -> atlantic -> capture -> recruit does it in 5.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Hastur's staying where he is for now tyvm. But sure, screaming dead to north atlantic.
Next up CC

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Do you mean south atlantic? East Africa isn't adjacent to north atlantic.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Derp, yes, south.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Mr. Squishy posted:

2nd place; a thing that exists in this game.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Right, I have a power left. Move my Nightgaunt in NA to the North Atlantic.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Capture sleeper cultist in North Atlantic.

Opener: 4
Yellow Sign: 4

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

There isn't a sleeper cultist (or any cultist) in the North Atlantic

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Here's an updated map.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

You moved the wrong Gate, he was stealing my DC gate

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Ah that makes more sense. Here we go then:

Opener: 4
YS: 4

Yellow Sign is up.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Wait. I read that wrong too. I wanted to fight him in W. NA if he didn't run away.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Unfortunately you can't fight with a Nightgaunt since it rolls 0 dice on its own. My understanding of the rules is that you have to be able to roll at least one die in order to declare combat.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I just checked the rules and that is accurate.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Capture cultist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
gently caress. I thought that I could bring in the horrors with the spellbook, but I forgot that you can't even declare with 0 power.

• Locked thread