Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Recruit a cultist at the Arctic
Next up YS

Opener: 6
Windwalker: 7
Yellow Sign: 6
Trump: 2
Crawling Chaos: 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Give Trump 3 Doom. Gain Passion (When one or more of your Cultists are Eliminated by an enemy (Killed, Captured, etc.), gain 1 Power.)

Next up Trump

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Mr. President, the world is falling apart! We need your help!

Sorry, I have a golf trip planned. I'll be back soon!

Go golfing at Mar-A-Lago

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..

Trump is busy golfing.

Next up: Crawling Chaos

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
In tangentially related news, I found a way to store the base game + Tcho Tcho expansion in the base game box. It is a ridiculously tight fit.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Are the minis okay? No bending or breaking in there?

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

No they all fit comfortably without any bending, there's no pressure on any of them. I think there's probably more room to move than there were for the figures in the monster section in the original insert. It does require a little bit of puzzling to work out how to put them in though!

It helps that they all seem to be pretty robust minis without any really fragile parts.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Any chance you could put together schematics or something similar?

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

I probably should have written down the measurements cos then I could do it quickly, but yeah I can probably put something together. I don't know if it would work for any of the other factions since I think Tcho Tcho is smaller than most, so this solution likely only works for base game + Tcho Tcho but it's possible it might work if you could get another faction's pieces into that top left corner.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Kerro posted:

I probably should have written down the measurements cos then I could do it quickly, but yeah I can probably put something together. I don't know if it would work for any of the other factions since I think Tcho Tcho is smaller than most, so this solution likely only works for base game + Tcho Tcho but it's possible it might work if you could get another faction's pieces into that top left corner.

I was just planning to do Core in the Core box and leave my expansions in their boxes.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Activate Thousand Forms.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Some Numbers posted:

I was just planning to do Core in the Core box and leave my expansions in their boxes.

In that case there would definitely be more efficient ways to organise things than what I've done - you'd have space to keep the small figures (acolytes) in their own compartments rather than putting them in bags and slotting them in around the other pieces. I think there have been a few different designs posted on BGG (or maybe just photos).

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Crawling Chaos activates One Thousand Forms

Roll = 3

Other players have (max) 24 hours to decide how to lose 3 power between them, otherwise CC gains 3 power.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

You each have way more power than me, so I'm staying out of this one.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I'm willing to put forward 1

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Fine I'll do 1

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
If Some Numbers is abstaining then I am as well, given the size of our border.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Come on, just pay for the wall...

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

King of Bleh posted:

If Some Numbers is abstaining then I am as well, given the size of our border.

I'm sorry, but you have three times as much power as I do.

Pay for the wall.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I'll pay 2, plus dancers 1.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

WW loses 2 power, YS loses 1.

Next up Opener/KoB

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Move a mutant Atlantic -> North America.
Unlock Million Favoured Ones.

Opener: 5
Windwalker: 5
Yellow Sign: 5

Next Up: WW

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Build a gate in the Arctic, down to 2 energy.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Opener now has:

The Million Favored Ones (Post-Battle): After Pains and Kills are resolved, "promote" any or all surviving Acolytes to Mutants, Mutants to Abominations, and Abominations to Spawns of Yog-Sothoth. You can Promote a Spawn of Yog-Sothoth by transforming it into as many Mutants as are in your Pool.

Windwalker: 2
Yellow Sign: 5

Next up: YS

Also, WW should choose and gain a spellbook for having a gate in the arctic I believe.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Desecrate & spawn undead.

Next up, Trump (after Desecrate is resolved).
Yellow Sign: 3

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Desecrate roll = 4. Success!

Undead spawned.

Next up: Trump

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Kerro posted:

Also, WW should choose and gain a spellbook for having a gate in the arctic I believe.

For there being a gate in the Arctic. It didn't have to be his, for future reference, same as Cthulhu's ocean gates don't have to be his.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Oh interesting, I hadn't realised that either.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I forgot to say. I'll take cannibalism.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Keep golfing

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Trump does nothing.

WW has gained:

Cannibalism (Post-Battle): After a Battle in which one or more enemy Units were Killed, spawn a Wendigo or Acolyte in that Area, even if you were not involved in the Battle.

Next up: CC

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Kerro posted:

Oh interesting, I hadn't realised that either.

Yeah, a lot of people don't.

Also it's not 100% obvious, but Cannibalism is optional. The only mandatory spellbooks in this game are the Ongoing spellbooks and Demand Sacrifice.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Summon a Nightgaunt in the North Pacific.

Crawling Chaos: 0

Next up: Opener

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Let's conduct some friendly joint military exercises in North America. I trust the American forces will follow all the typical safety protocols and no accidents will occur involving their wizard.

Afterwards grant the mutant a field promotion to the rank of abomination.

Opener: 4

Next Up: WW

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

That's super annoying, but I guess I can't do much about it right now.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Opener attacks Sleeper in North America

One dice = 5

Sleeper to retreat one unit.
Next up: WW

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

A Lobbyist flees to DC.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I'm going to hibernate, gaining 3 power to a total of 5.
Next up YS.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

I believe you only gain 2, going to 4, cos you can't more than double your power.

Windwalker: 4 (Out)
Crawling Chaos: 0 (Out)

Next: YS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Scream to West Africa with all Undead and do nothing.

Windwalker: 4 (Out)
Yellow Sign: 2
Crawling Chaos: 0 (Out)

Next: Trump

• Locked thread