Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Sharkopath posted:

I like to trust people here to be honest and am less inclined to believe general anime reviewers about anything.

Same, which is why I'm still here, but I still verify when I want.

Everything Burrito posted:

A bunch of people saying wow this is repulsive + that description is pretty self-evident imo

if a dozen people tell you "that bag is full of poo poo and it stinks, don't open it" and the bag itself has THIS IS A BAG OF poo poo printed on it, would you still need to open it and take a big whiff before you figured out it was full of poo poo?

But that's the problem, that isn't what happened. a handful of people here said it's a bag of poo poo, but this time there were few other voices confirming it, and other voices saying it was just a bag, and nobody actually claiming it was poo poo actually approached the bag when the others have. As it turns out, my view is that it is a shitbag, but there is less poo poo in there than y'all think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Meme Emulator posted:

Opening that bag of poo poo is human nature and I dont doubt for an instant that 50% of the people on this forum would put thier head inside and take a check.

lol, fair enough

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Everything Burrito posted:

if a dozen people tell you "that bag is full of poo poo and it stinks, don't open it" and the bag itself has THIS IS A BAG OF poo poo printed on it, would you still need to open it and take a big whiff before you figured out it was full of poo poo?

What if it was exotic poo poo?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Agronox posted:

What if it was exotic poo poo?
It's still probably poo poo, though. And if I learned anything from Oda Nobunaga, poo poo can be deadly. :colbert:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't really have any issue passing judgement on a piece of media based on summaries/artwork/opinions of people I trust without having to watch it though, and I know a lot of folks are the complete opposite. It's usually less "this is a stinker" and more "this is probably not a thing I'm gonna like" but some things are clearly bad in ways that are evident with only the most passing scrutiny so I don't see why I should waste time confirming what I already am like 99% sure of.

The times that I've tried to give things the benefit of the doubt and watched or read them generally have reinforced my initial judgement, although a few notable ones have surprised me by being bad in different and worse ways than I expected lol

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I think things have sometimes shifted from:

Ideally you should forgive your attacker

to

There is something wrong with you if you DON’T

Which is very unfortunate because it is more piling on to the victims :(

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
i cant really blame someone for being curious about backstreet girls and checking it out, but also, lol

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i mean i think Backstreet Girls is awful from a premise standpoint but you could find people in a bunch of places condemning Magical Girl Ore based on its premise too, which didn't carry through to the show being bad

so i can understand people giving stuff a shot despite misgivings or murmurs based on supposition

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
the greatest twist of all time

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

Gay love is still rare in anime adaption form but if you want it might i recommend comics instead?

*gestures behind the wrecked and cyclopean statue of ozmandyias to the lone and level doujis that stretch far away*

I'm over six feet tall and exclusively get hit on by short girls and that's why Luka Miku doujins are important queer art

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

DisDisDis posted:

I'm over six feet tall and exclusively get hit on by short girls and that's why Luka Miku doujins are important queer art

Im 5 foot 10 and nobody hits on me.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am 6 feet even and nobody hits on me but that would also be inappropriate given that pretty much the only time I'm around other people is at work.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
manlets vacate the thread

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Expect My Mom posted:

manlets vacate the thread

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
e: nvm

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jun 26, 2018

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

stop this

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
The mod told me the next person to talk about their height will be banned.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Davincie posted:

stop this

K. Flaps posted:

The mod told me the next person to talk about their height will be banned.
I honestly thought this was the chat thread, my bad. :shobon:

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Wark Say posted:

I honestly thought this was the chat thread, my bad. :shobon:

Oh, whoopsie. I did too.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I am aware this is the season thread and I’m 180cm tall

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

littleorv posted:

I am aware this is the season thread and I’m 180cm small

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Waiting for the first shortie brave enough to say they have a big dick to compensate

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
pancake reference

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

DisDisDis posted:

Waiting for the first shortie brave enough to say they have a big dick to compensate

personally, i'm tall enough that i believe i have no use for dicks

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

My height is perfectly adequate for my purposes and I have no particular strong feelings about it

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Colonel posted:

personally, i'm tall enough that i believe i have no use for dicks
Not even for gag-laden ones?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXxXk46UwPs

Furuichi misnomers aside, this Chio-chan adaptation sounds like it'd get old fast if it's a full length episode. Can any manga readers lay it into me that I'm wrong and a fool for thinking such things?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Wark Say posted:

Furuichi misnomers aside, this Chio-chan adaptation sounds like it'd get old fast if it's a full length episode. Can any manga readers lay it into me that I'm wrong and a fool for thinking such things?

Its really just a run of the mill gag story, Chio and her friend are assholes to each other while they walk to school and thats really it. It probably will get boring.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Endorph posted:

pancake reference

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

pancake reference
Akechi can gently caress right off! :mad:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Space Flower posted:

A heartfelt post

Thank you for writing this post: It actually means a lot to me.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Endorph posted:

pancake reference

Shortstacks

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Wark Say posted:

this Chio-chan adaptation sounds like it'd get old fast if it's a full length episode.

Meme Emulator posted:

Its really just a run of the mill gag story, Chio and her friend are assholes to each other while they walk to school and thats really it. It probably will get boring.

Chio-chan will be hilarious, and the best comedy of the season, and it will have no production issues, and everyone has my permission to mock me if these statements end up being false.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Mentat Radnor posted:

Chio-chan will be hilarious, and the best comedy of the season, and it will have no production issues, and everyone has my permission to mock me if these statements end up being false.

I'll only mock you if you hemm and haww and glance nervously around the thread everytime kabbadi comes up.

Embrace Chio in full or Die.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Mentat Radnor posted:

Its false from the get-go because Grand Blue will be comedy of the season

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Wark Say posted:

yes you're a huge idiot

Meme Emulator posted:

death

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

DisDisDis posted:

which summer anime has big dick energy

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Parallax posted:

Deffo: Gintama, Banana Fish
Maybe? Attack on Titan

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Meme Emulator posted:

Its false from the get-go because Grand Blue will be comedy of the season

drat, this might end up being true.

Sharkopath posted:

I'll only mock you if you hemm and haww and glance nervously around the thread everytime kabbadi comes up.

Embrace Chio in full or Die.

Why would anyone hemm and haww about the National Sport of Bangladesh?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Mentat Radnor posted:

drat, this might end up being true.

Why would anyone hemm and haww about the National Sport of Bangladesh?

Just you wait...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Parallax posted:

the bi girl from grand blue

• Locked thread